JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q8. Seal and Downpayment

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (1:13-14) These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) downpayment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur? How do these analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives?

The end of the term is that time when Jesus returns to take us back to the "Eden" we were meant to have, heaven. This description gives me a better idea of the Holy Spirits function. It is just the comforter, but also a reminder that God has made a promise that we are His people and we will protect us while we are in this fallen world and He has made a promise or covenant that He will return for us, whether in our death or this world's end.

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. (1:13-14) These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) downpayment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur?

When I see Him face to face...either at the rapture, or if I die before, when I am with Him.

How do these analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives?

As the "hound of Heaven, He wooed me, chased me down, saved me, sanctified me, sealed me....I'm His, bought with Jesus' blood, no longer my own, but His possession. His seal makes me tamper proof (loved that Dr. Wilson!), until "that day", when I come into the fulness of His promised inheritance. Come Lord Jesus, Come. And in the meantime, He's my Teacher, Guide, comforter, Conscience Convictor, the One Who draws me, encourages me, keeps me. Thank You Lord, for the gift of Your Holy spirit!!!

• 1 month later...

Q4. (1:13-14)

These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) down payment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur?

How do these analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives?

The end of the term occurs when we become citizens of heaven (Philippians 3:20-21). AS soon as we believe we are sealed with the Holy Spirit, that is we belong to God and that we will be kept safe by God until the time we receive our glorified bodies. The indwelling Spirit brands us as God's property (1 Cor 6:19-20), and guarantees that all God

• 2 weeks later...
Q4. (1:13-14) These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) downpayment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur? How do these analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives?

The end of the term occurs on the day of Christ's return.

In the analogies of 'seal' and 'downpayment' the Holy Spirit is seen as being used of God to make us as His own. The Holy Spirit is given to us when we are born again to guide us, and to help us communicate with God (a two way relationship). Without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, we really have no 'seal' or mark of approval on our Christian walk. The seal of the Holy Spirit on our lives manifests himself through our Christlike behavior.

In relation to the term 'downpayment', God saw it fit to allow the Holy Spirit to spend time on earth for a while - so that we as Christian might enjoy that direct relationship with the Godhead, and that the Holy Spirit would be there to make intercession for us as necessary. This gives us a direct link into heaven, and therefore, as mentioned, we have 'a piece of heaven on earth'. The 'lump sum' is that when Jesus returns, not only does the Holy Spirit return to his rightful place in heaven, but we who are in Christ, will also enjoy the full benefits of heaven which has been ordained to us in Christ.

• 3 months later...

The end of the term will come when Christ returns and we are raptured. The seal shows that the Holy spirit keeps us for God and acts as our protector. As a downpayment, as He lets God speak to us and us speak to Him, we get a peek at how marvelous things will be when we are united with God forever. Taste and see that the Lord is God-that is what we can do now through the Holy spirit's help.

• 4 months later...

Q4. (1:13-14) These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) downpayment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur? It occurs when we meet God face to face. Then we will see the full glory of God and the redemption will be complete.

How do these analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives? The Holy Spirit has been sent to us as a guarantee of our future inheritence and as a glimpse of what we one day will be when the redemption is complete and we stand in God's presence.

• 2 weeks later...

These are wonderful verses as they expose the foundation of Christianity, which is Christ in us. The end of the term comes at the end of our lives here on earth when our whole being is transformed from the physical to the spiritual, the imperfect to the perfect. I find scripture much more personal when I replace the word "you" with "I". I know that God's Spirit lives in me and the Holy Spirit reveals its presence when I experience the fruits such as love, joy, peace, patience, but it also convicts my heart when I am tempted or choose to sin.

• 1 month later...

I have been chosen by God. Holy spirit is my deposit guaranteeing my eternal hope in him since I believed 4a) End term means when the kingdom of God is once more established here on earth, after Jesus Christ 2nd coming. b)Through the holy spirit God speaks to me. The holy spirit came in when I accepted jesus, & seals my confession that Jesus is my lord & savior, and now an adopted member of God

• 4 weeks later...

This is a very good question. I would say that " end of term " has to do with, " end of life, and the book of revelation ." It would occur as soon as the two " ANTICHRISTS ' arrive, and then the last years of tribulation begin. Joel predicted the "RED MOON RAPTURE.".....................

• 5 months later...

Q4. (1:13-14) These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) down payment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur? How do these analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives?

We are marked with the promise (seal) of the Holy Spirit, that promise is a down payment until we can be completed in God in the end times, the second coming of Christ.

The Holy Spirit is IN our lives, He is God Himself as teacher, He is working in Us, He is giving us His inheritance in His kingdom through the Holy Spirit working in us!But His work in us is an ongoing work in progress and we will not be completed until the second coming of Christ.

Corinthians 1 -

After that the end will come, when he will turn the Kingdom over to God the Father, having destroyed every ruler and authority and power.

This verse relates in the same way.We will be turned over to God at the end of times when He DESTROYS all power and authority over us!We are His Children and we will share in the inheritance of His Kingdom!

• 2 weeks later...

End of term? I would think when we see Him face to face. "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." 1 Corinthians 13:12

I will be constantly full of the Holy Spirit when I have been signed -adoption papers, sealed- Holy Spirit, and delivered- to Heaven itself.

I do believe that we can fill up this Earth with Heaven -God's Spirit- by living in unity, fulfilling His will, so that we bring all things under His head and the outcome is PRAISE, ie, heaven on earth.

• 3 months later...

The 'end of the term" occur with the day of Christ return and the rapture of the church.

The Holy Spirit is our legal aide and through him God can speak to us and we to God. In the Holy Spirit the incredible power of the Kingdom of God can work in and through us. The Holy Spirit has a way of bringing a bit of heaven into our lives here on earth.

The "end of the term" occur at "the day of redemption," the day of Christ's return and the rapture of the church.

The Holy Spirit functions in our lives by bringing a bit of heaven into our lives here on earth. Through the Holy Spirit God can speak to us and we to God. In the Holy Spirit the incredible power of the Kingdom of God can work in and through us.

• 3 weeks later...

The end of term is the day we die or when Christ returns to take us home. Yeah!! The Holy Spirit has sealed us by protecting us to fullfill God's will for us. Christ death was the downpayment & the complete cost for our life. Only through Him are we saved.

• 6 months later...

When we believe after having heard the gospel, we are sealed unto Salvation by the Holy Spirit as a down payment for our glorified resurrection upon Christ's return.

• 5 months later...

I think that the “end of term” is when we have been before the judgment seat and been forgiven for our sins and we have been accepted into heaven.

I think that these analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit function in our lives because of the down-payment God has invested in my life and the Holy Spirit is there to protect his investment.

• 3 months later...

4. a. I am sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption when we will step into our inheritance. The spirit has given us a fortaste of glory divine. Hallelujah!!

b. I am sealed by the Holy Spirit, a guarantee, a deposit on the full amount of what God has in store for His people. and through His Spirit he speaks to my spirit and the Spirit reveals, directs, counsels, guides and gives me a foretaste of heaven.

• 1 year later...

Q4 (1) The end of the term will occur

when Christ comes the second

time.

( 2 ) THE WORK OF THE HOLY

SPIRIT IN OUR LIVES

>The Holy Spirit identifies us to

secure Gods devine protection

> Romans 8:12-17 The Spirit

himself bears witness with our

Spirit that we are children of

God.

• 1 month later...

End of the term occurs when Christ sets up His Kingdom on earth. This happens after he has put all enemies under his feet. The Holy Spirit functions in our lives by having a personal relationship with our spirit, being a witness that we are His. Manifesting in us by the gifts God has promised. Through these gifts we are strengthened in Christ and allows His presence to shine in us. Where we are weak, He strengthens us. Where simplicity is needed, He guides us. When we are lonely He comforts us. Truly we are His ambassadors.  

• 2 months later...

Seal-is the brand of ownership..of possession,an act of taking control.

Downpayment--Payment has been done,now you can owned waht you purchased.

When does the end term occur?-Jesus second coming

How do these analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives?--The Holy Spirit is the Sign that we are born Again,that the Spirit God who was not present before we are born again suddenly is alive in the inside of us.

• 10 months later...

The 'end of the term' is going to be the final ressurection and judgement of all people. This is when God will separate the good from the evil for the last time. The Holy Spirit is to be our guide, our inner voice that keeps us in the glory of God's graces. He is a sign in us that we have been redeemed in the blood of Jesus when he died on the cross for us.

• 2 years later...
On 7/18/2006 at 1:53 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

The end term is when Jesus second coming, when he comes to gather us and take us home.

We receive the Holy Spirt when we accept Jesus as our Savior,the Holy Spirt lives in us and guides us to live as Children of God.

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q8. Seal and Downpayment
  • 1 month later...
On 7/18/2006 at 12:53 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q8. (1:13-14) These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) downpayment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur? How do these analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives?

I am of the belief here as well that Paul is speaking of Christs second coming as spoken of in Matt 24:31, as the gathering of the elect as the end of our terms of repayment! Also the Holy Spirit now is to "help" preserve us against that day.

Q8. (Ephesians 1:13-14) These verses contain two analogies: (1) seal and (2) down payment, with the balance to be paid in a lump sum at the end of the term. When does the "end of the term" occur? How do these analogies help explain how the Holy Spirit functions in our lives?

I think the end of the term means the end of time ushering the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ to take us home to the Kingdom of God.