JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. (Ephesians 1:18b) What do we Christians have to look forward to?

Christ who is now living in the heart of the Gentile believer, who were once estranged from citizenship in the kingdome of Israel, now thanks to God's gift of salvation, the Gentile believers are receving the spiritual blessings that come from Christ; therefore we are looking to, anticipating, that great day, when we can see Him face to face. That awesome day, when we will stand before Christ Jesus and the Father, this is our "hope!" What a day that will be!

How should this hope be a major motivation in our present-day lives?

We should be be motivated in the importance of praying, remember to pray for our fellow believers even when things are looking bright for them. God has provided a means for us to fight against principalities in high places. Prayer is one of them. I also am motivated to "pray for the peace of Jerusalem" as God has instructed us to do. We the church, and the Jews, are no longer divided, God is drawing us together in one Sprit to the Father. Love one another should be the song in our hearts.

How should this hope effect our decisions and our lifestyle?

God has blessed the believer, me, therefore I want my heart to follow Him. I want my life to be a testimony of the awesome work Christ is doing in me, because He lives in me. When that glorious day comes, when I am face to face with Him, I want Him to see a mature Christian, I want Him to see how the Holy Spirit has helped me in my walk, and His Word has shown me the way,and I was a witness to those around me, not just in the words I speak, but in my actions. I will pray for you , and I covet your prayes also in my life.

How does our great hope differ from the hope of the average non-believer?

Hope for a non-belever is, "I am not sure, I wish I could be sure, I hope, I hope, I hope." The hope for the believer is, "I know that I know!!!!!!!" It is sad that even for some believers, they are NOT SURE that they "Know that they Know!."

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Ephesians 1:18b) What do we Christians have to look forward to? How should this hope be a major motivation in our present-day lives? How should this hope affect our decisions and our lifestyle? How does our great hope differ from the hope of the average non-believer?

We have been given redemption through the blood of Jesus...through redemption, inheritance..to once again be united with the Fathr through Jesus and Jesus alone...Our hope is in Jesus who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing...Grace motivates me...that through His grace..I can live each day knowing where I stand in Christ and that it is eternal...An absolute...Even through the trials...trust becomes stronger...for it increases faith..The non-believer has no hope for what they hope in is earthly pleasure that fades...this world teaches "self'..and "self' fails and gives no absolute...no promise of what is eternal..The non-believer does not know the love of the creator...and cannot know the blessings which only Christ can give...and worse..are cut off from the Father....

Q1. (Ephesians 1:18b) What do we Christians have to look forward to? How should this hope be a major motivation in our present-day lives? How should this hope affect our decisions and our lifestyle? How does our great hope differ from the hope of the average non-believer?

Excuse me..I did not realize I could post the rest of my reply as I did not know what the length of the reply should be...

when I think about Epesians...I think of the equipping of the saints...How the Lord gives us all we need and it is in Him...to know his word above all and to put to use every word He has given as it is truly our sword and our shield..We have been saved to glorify God..and the main objective in my life is that...to give glory and honor to the Lord...and when I think of this...I think of how much the Lord loves me inspite of myself and how He brings changes to me for good that bring s my life to holiness...I know we have eternal life and I praise the Lord but I praise Him more for who is is and for His mercy that He should love me and give me such blessing in knowing Him and that He knows me...I can say without a doubt...I know the Lord and he knows me...and it gives me strength everyday to know that I can rest in Him through every situation...am free from this world's excuse for sin and it's cure for it as of people many people in therapy of some sort..more money is spent on trying to find themselfs..when the problem is self without the Lord...

We look forward to a future with Christ in heaven. We need to be excited about seeing our Lord when we get to heaven. We need to be motivated, moved to action. Ours is not a fake hope, but an alive hope and an anticipated hope, that we will live with our Savior in Heaven. Amen and Amen.

Christians should look forward to the return of our Lord Jesus Christ in His glory and majesty to take us home where there will be no more pain and sorrow but rejoicing with the saints.

This expectaion should be a motivation for us to run the race without quititng because when He comes in His glory to take us home, there will be no suffering, hunger, wars etc.

Since we have a great hope of seeing our Lord Jesus, we should live lives that are pleasing to him and obey His Word. Our lives and decisions should be only those that please Him and are according to His will so that whe He comes He will not find us wanting.

Our great hope differ from that of non- believers because ours is a living hope of a future with the Lord where there will be eternal life in heaven. The non- believers have no hope for eternal life but eternal damnation in hell.

What we Christians have to look forward to is the hope we have in knowing Jesus Christ,which is complete assurance of certain victory through God.Our Hope,effects our decisions and our lifestyle as it comes to us through the Holy Spirit who is working in us.

Our hope differs from a non-believer because we look forward to the coming of Jesus Christ because of our believe in salvation and eternal life with God through his precious Son Jesus.

What do we christians have to look forward to?How should this hope be a major motivation in our present day lives?How should this hope effect our decisions and our life style?How does our great hope differ from the hope of the average non-believer?

We are looking to a future full of hope and of promises by God,when we have a calling it helps us to move foward to the future where God is in full control.This hope should help us to keep seeking God through everything that we are going through as christians cause we know that we have an inhertiance full of power and of love.This hopw should have us want to do good in front of God and to submit to what he leads in our hearts and souls.

We Christians have to look forward to our glorius inheritance when Jesus returns. When He returns we will inherit blessings beyond our wildest imagination. We now have the Holy Spirit which guarantees our inheritance, but when Jesus returns we will have blessings and power beyond measure.

Our hope is based on the promise, sealed and guaranteed by the Holy Spirit, so it is something we will receive for sure. Our hope is sure, it is not wishful thinking.

Oh, how often we get involved so much in our daily lives and circumstances and lose sight of what is to come when we receive our glorious inheritance. We can take nothing, materail things, with us from this world but our hope in Jesus, eternal life, and the blessings that He has for us. We should keep this in mind as we live each day. I know I fall short here, but it is good to read and study the Bible to re-affirm what is to come. That is our hope which should affect our daily lliving.

Our hope is true and it is real. The hope of the average non-believer is really not hope at all because it is not based on truth. The non-believer really has no hope in the things to come.

Our hope lies in Jesus' return to gather us into one and to join him in heaven with his Father in everlasting happiness. While we wait we know that Jesus' Spirit is with us working through our prayers and our hands. He is there for us at all times and intervenes in our lives leaning on him knowing all things are possible in Jesus. An average non-believer has nothing to hope for - no understanding of a future life. I believe they despair in life and don't have reason to hope for anything else. There is no one to turn to when they find themselves in a pit, ot lost, or afraid. I can't imagine my life without Jesus in control.

Our HOPE is not only in our future that we have a place in heaven as we stay true to our Lord and Savior.

But is our HOPE that day to day Our Life will different because of our relationship with the Lord.

And that not matter what we have to face we have the assurace and knowledge that we are never alone.

OUR HOPE IS BUILT ON NOTHINGLESS THEN JESUS BLOOD AND RIGHTEOUSNESS.

I can use an illustration. Recently in Lancaster, PA five Amish girls were killed in a schoolhouse by a gunman who then killed himself. The Amish here will only say they have no blame, they have forgiven the killer. They believe that God is in control of their lives. They know the girls are with Jesus and some day they will all be together in eternity. They have reached out to the killer's family, spending time with them and offering their forgiveness. They have also reached out to one another. To me this a testimony of living a life of hope.

We can look forward to a great inheritance. To know the hope that God has called us for. Greater wisdom and revelation to know Him better and great Power to spread His Word and to do His work.An eternity with Him....

Knowing that all the kindnes of Christ leads people to repentance. And that in all things God works for the good. Great Encouragement!!!! No favoritism shown but all receive the great inheritance through salvation. Always give thanks in prayer.

We can overcome sin, Satan, and the world with the Spirit and power of the Lord. We have a place in heaven whereas nonbelievers do not. Eternity Security...PRAISE THE LORD!!

Our greatest hope is that the Lord will return for us--collectively or personally.

We should more and more keep tis knowledge thru good tmes and bad...that is our sure future and it should effect our lives in very real ways. Our hope is different from the non-beleiver in that our hope is based on truth...something both tangible and intangible. The worlds hope is based on nothing more than what they want to happen not on what will happen.

I know the Lord and he knows me...and it gives me strength everyday to know that I can rest in Him through every situation...am free from this world's excuse for sin and it's cure for it as of people many people in therapy of some sort..more money is spent on trying to find themselfs..when the problem is self without the Lord...

Thank you so much for sharing this quote above. So many people are trying drugs, alcohol, etc and it takes the long way around, but they eventually try Jesus and find that He really does do wonders! -Eudora

My hope is in Christ, I have the sum of all He is now, and Heaven in the near future.

It "should" motivate me to share my faith with as many as possible to help usher in the Kingdom.

This hope "should" affect my decisions and my lifestyle in such a way that ALL I do is for the glory of the Kingdom to come. My life should be a clear reflection of His love, as an example to ALL around me to give an answer for the hope that I have.

What hope does an unbeliever have?

We have an incredible inheritance in the promise of God. This inheritance of eternal life was given to us, not because we are soooo good, but because God loved us, His children, and sent His Son to die on the Cross for us. We should at all times and in all places give our best because that is what God wants from us. He gave us His best. So, as we go about our everyday lives we need to focus on God. We must keep our eye on the prize. He will see us through all that comes against us. Let us trust and not give up. Let us daily delve into the Word, pray, come together, and strengthen our Faith. 2 Chronicles 14 tells us just what will, I said will happen: "if my people who are called by my name, should humble themselves, pray, seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land." Live the life of Christ!

What support, what does the non-believer have to loook forward to?

Today our hope is in Jesus Christ's victory over death which gives us His Life forever as well as HIS inheritance from His Father, and we will share in HIs Glory! Our Hope is eternal as is our life...with Jesus as His Bride ....with our heavenly Father in His Kingdom....completely fulfilled and made ONE in HIm as Jesus was ONE with His Father...

For me the hope we have now is with expectancy for the fulfillment of all of our prayers that are said in His will. It means I am to persevere in prayers of faith, watching for His fruits or harvest given me for encouragement to keep on walking in faith until my hope becomes reality in the lives of those I pray for.

Those who do not know our Lord have no hope at all in this life for heaven....or eternal life. Their pride gives them hope in themselves....which is hopelessness.

- We are looking forward for the return of Our Lord Jesus Christ .

-When we look forward for His returned , we should fix our mind on Him alone , let us not worry on whatever happen to us in this world, it is only temporal.

We look forward to the Second Coming and to rapture. We also look forward to knowing Jesus better, growing in faith and gaining greater wisdom through the working of the Holy Spirit. We look forward to salvation present; that is being transformed more closely into the likeness of Jesus and to the future when we will be with Him always and will receive our reward in heaven. For the Christian what is important is what is lasting: treasure in heaven. Our objectives and our view point must be eternity and eternal reward. This must alter our behaviour and our priorities which follow the dictates of the kingdom of heaven and not of the world. Non-belivers cannot have a perspective which is beyond the confines of the world and the span of their lives and that of their immediate families. Their perspective must be more immediate and bore materialistic; it cannot be otherwise.

Q1. (Ephesians 1:18b) What do we Christians have to look forward to? How should this hope be a major motivation in our present-day lives? How should this hope effect our decisions and our lifestyle? How does our great hope differ from the hope of the average non-believer?

What do we Christians have to look forward to?

We have heaven to look forward to. To see him face to face. Oh what a day that shall be.

How should this hope be a major motivation in our present-day lives?

It should motive us to keep ourselves right with him. To strive each day to get closer to him. To know his ways and to live by them.

The non-believer doesn't have any hope. Our hope is in Jesus and without him there is no hope.

We should want to make only the decisions that we know keep us in right standing with him and keep us living the way that pleases him.

What do we Christians have to look forward to?

The return of Christ.

How should this hope be a major motivation in our present-day lives.

As Christians we shouldn't become too attached to this present world, but we should live each day as if Christ could return at any moment.

We should make any decisions in the view of eternity.

Our lifestyles should be pleasing to the Lord and shouldn't distract from our witness.

The non-believer has no hope whatsoever. All he has to look forward to is a Christless eternity in hell.

Q1. (Ephesians 1:18b)

Q1.1 What do we Christians have to look forward to?

Q1.2 How should this hope be a major motivation in our present-day lives?

Q1.3 How should this hope affect our decisions and our lifestyle?

Q1.4 How does our great hope differ from the hope of the average non-believer?

A1.1 We look forward to our good and blissful future with Christ.

A1.2 By becoming eager for it in a way that we really become serious and committed followers of Christ, always hoping and anticipating for His active participation in our lives, in preparation for the eternal blissful life with Him in the end.

A1.3 Since this is hope based on Christ, then our decisions and lifestyle will surely be affected in a way that in everything we do, we always try to put Christ in the center, His teachings and rules.

A1.4 Our great hope is inspired by the very thought and belief in the triune God - the father, son and holy spirit. Without God, we can do nothing. His mighty strength and spirit empowers us to go through life along the lines of His ways. Because of this, we are more spirited than an average non-believer.

As a christian...I look forward to being with the Lord....In reading the question of what motivates...and I think of Philippians 1:21..."For me to live is Christ and to die is gain...the more I surrender my life the more I gain...I have gained an eternal home..joy and peace in the midst of storms...I use to be worried all the time as I know many non believers are and many depressed and turn to suicide...but...it is hope knowing that the Lord will come and I will be with Him...it is an absolute...This affexcts all my decisions due to knowing I can do nothing without God..and it is important to seek God's face in all my decisions...and for all that I do that I can glorify God....the more I go to the Lord...the more humble I am...and the more I know it is not me..but Christ in me the hope of glory...may this be in my life...that I may know this and the hope of His glory that I will see makes me excited...and the zeal of sharing this hope with the non believer...

Christians have the promise of eternal life to look forward to. This hope should motivate us to try to

do God's will daily. This promise allows us to believe in eternal life without the troubles and trials of human existence. A non -beleiver has no hope- they are forced to look for hope in everyday life.