JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Holy and Blameless

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

That was one thing which confused me for a long time.I thought it means I really am without blame. But later I understood better and now I am aware that to be holy means to be here for God, to live for him, and everything I dio I must do like I work for him not for people or salary or glory or something similar. I am holy as much as I belong to him.

I amblameless as God saw me - when he created me he did it perfectly and he see me like that. My earthy nature makes me doing wrong things but God can forgive me and correct me because he knows I am "on the journey" and I think what he counts is an effort I put into my deeds.

• 2 weeks later...

Being Holy means being set apart, consecrated to God for Him and for His purposes.We are commanded to "Be Holy for I am Holy". Here, on earth, we must strive to live a sacrificial life that is set apart from the way the world lives. Because of the blood Jesus, we stand before the Father blameless - our sins have been covered.

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

To be holy, to me, means to be set apart or consecrated for God's use. The Bible says in 2 Timpthy 2:21 that if a man purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honor, santified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Actually every human being who is a descendant of Adam cannot stand before God blameless. This is because we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). WE CAN ONLY STAND BEFORE GOD BLAMELESS WHEN WE ACCEPT THE CLEANSING POWER OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS (ref. Eph. 1:7). Again the Bible says in Romans 8:1 that " There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus". When we are cleansed by the Blood of Jesus, we are not condemned rather we can stand before God Blameless because he, Jesus paid the penalty for our sins. Amen

What does it mean to be holy? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God.

My dictionary says holy means (1)morally and spiritually excellent or perfect, and to be revered. (2)belonging to, devoted to, or empowered by God. (3)consecrated, sacred.

Since only God is holy it is because we are chosen in Him that we can be declared holy. As John MacArthur puts it "the unworthy have been declared worthy, the unrighteous declared holy". "Obviously Paul is talking about our position and not our practice". I love this. The unworthy (me) has been declared worthy through the finished work of Christ on the cross and in that sense I can stand as chosen in Him and therefore blameless before God.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

Holy...1) consecrated or set aside for sacred use

2) standing apart from sin and evil

3) sanctity or purity

To me holy means being set apart for the purposes of fullfilling God's will. It's also living a life by God's standards and not the world's standards.

The only time that we will truly be blameless before God, is either when we are in Heaven praising Him, and when Jesus comes back.

However, in a sense we can stand blameless before God if we attain to live a life of holiness. If we are real and repent when we fail. If our hearts are set apart and sanctified for Jesus and His purposes. If we stay on the path of righetousness and do not waiver, then in a sense we can stand blameless before God. (Phillippians 1:10 & Colossians 1:22).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i think holy and blameless are sort of the salt and pepper of our conscience, the one and two punch if you will, which god declared and jesus provided by the cross. when we believe in jesus, we are declared innocent and clean. we start from the finish line.god sees us as pure, we see ourselves as dirty as can be. we must learn to walk in his spirit and grow up in our faith, which he provides as well.this comes from being transformed by the renewing of your mind through the word of god.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
To be Holy means we are consecrated to God, To be consecrated to God is to lay oneself on the Altar and die daily to self. To put God before all things. To be surrendered to Him totally. To be a living sacrifice unto Him. All of the things in the flesh we must deal with so as to have more of Christ and less of self. T o desire these things should be priorty in our thoughts, our heart, our soul, and our existence. To strive to live and walk in the Spirit daily.

To stand blameless before God. Is to let Him have His way in our lives and iron out all the spots and wrinkles. Spend quality time in the word and prayer. Allow the washing of the word cleanse us. submitt to His discpline. When trouble comes always ask what do you want me to learn from this? Let Noah, Enoch, Abraham, Moses, John the Baptist, Paul, and most of all Jesus be our examples as how to live blameless before God.

When you accepted Christ all sins were put under the blood of Jesus. His blood cleansed us. freed us from sin in our lives. To stay free we must go forward in Christ. The above is an example of how to grow and mature to become more like Christ.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy is set apart or consecrated to God as we all seem to agree. However, God consecrates us by chosing us. We can of course refuse to be what he wants and to follow His path, but He chose us. That does not mean we are by any means blameless or even acceptable in our present condition. We are sinners and covered with blemishes. We cannot offer our lives to him as an acceptable sacrifice, only those without blemish may do so.

That is why He sent His son, Jesus, to be that sacrifice. If we accept and allow ourselves to be washed by Jesus's blood, then we become radiant to God and therefore acceptable sacrifices to Him. He, then, only sees our future potential and lives when we take on our eterman bodies and lives. We can now give Him our lives and services to follow His path and we are acceptable to Him.

• 1 month later...

This seems to answer it....

"Holy" (Greek hagios, the same word as "saints" in verse 1) means that we are consecrated to God, separated to him as his possession. God has claimed us and we belong to him.17

Blameless?! - only through Christ who stands in my place. I am a sinner who needs a Savior.

To put off selfrighteousness and be in the covering of Christ's forgiveness and grace. He makes us holy through His blood and in that way we can stand before God as a people set apart for Him, because we have been bought with a price. Practically that means to be cleansed time and again by Jesus blood and knowing that I have free acces to God through Jesus atoning sacrifice and not through my sacrifices or my effort in righteous living.

Holy: being different, being separated from the rest of the pack and just totally belonging to God.

The only way I can stand "blameless before God" is through the love of Jesus Christ and how He gave himself to wash my

wretched self of sins. It is only because of Him that I can speak the Father's name. Without him I am nothing. The moment I begin to think of all that He has done for me, I am struck so humble in my stature that I feel I have no right to even remove my face from the ground. God is so awesome in His love.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think we are to be separate/set aside. Out of the same material two cups are made, one is used every day and the other is used in the temple. What makes them different? One is set aside to be holy and used in the temple and the other is not.

We are made blameless by standing covered in the blood of Jesus. Although we are still sinful, we are made blameless positionally by being in Christ.

• 3 weeks later...

To be holy means to be held sacred, to make something an object of honor. I can stand blamless in the sense that Christ died for us and paid the debt of our sins and because of that God can look upon us without sin.

To be holy means to be seperated or sanctified to God. To be set apart. Ones personal conduct must resemble Jesus. You must walk in the spirit & live a life in which you are striving towards perfection. I believe that perfection is righteousness. We must work to be humble & possess a loving spirit. Developing a serving character. I beleive it is a process. It doesn't come over night. When you study the man Jesus he was always serving. He never condemned anyone. The truth he spoke always did the condemning. I'm trusting that if our faith remains in Jesus & we remain pliable in his hands we will make it. We must "stay under the blood" because Jesus truly is the only one blameless. If we do this, God sees Jesus & not us. It is me oh LORD standing in the need of prayer!

• 4 weeks later...

I can only stand blameless and be Holy because of my identity in Christ. Again, Romans states that I must believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord and God raised Him from the dead...then I am saved. Salvation means more than just fire protection... At the moment of confessing and believing my identity is forever changed. I cannot work my way to becoming Holy....I am Holy because of who I believe in and what He did for me on the cross.

I am blameless because He took the blame.....There is nothing that I can do that would ever changed the Father's point of view toward me......He sees me blameless and Holy because of my new identity......Does that mean that I can sin because Grace Abounds? Of course not!

The song Amazing Grace....says...."Saved a wretch like me." I don't sing those words....I sing...."Saved a wretch like I used to be." That's Amazing Grace.

:)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Holy means that we are consecrated to God - we belong to Him. How wonderful - I love the fact that I belong to the creator of the universe - who loves ME!

I know that I can stand 'blameless' before God because the blood of Jesus has cleansed my unrighteousness and made me pure in his sight. There is no other way that we can stand 'blameless' before God!

• 4 weeks later...

To be holy to me means that we are consecrated to God, separated to him as his possession. God has claimed us and we belong to him. God is our father, and like our earthly fathers we are his blood, part of his body and mind.

Because we have accepted Jesus Christ into our lives, our transgressions are forgiven. Though we are born into sin, God sees us as being perfect through his son