JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Holy and Blameless

I have always thought that being Holy is not to sin. That was until I found Jesus Christ. he made me Holy by chosing me to be in Him because He is the source of all Holiness and wholeness. By His grace He has set me apart from my old world and set my eyes on Heaven.

He has clothed me with His righteousness, and washed me with Hs precious blood, hence I am blameless in the Father's eyes only in Jesus Christ.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Means -Exalted or Worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness .

-Having adevine quality.

-You stand" blameless" before God only by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

To be holy is to he "consecrated to God, separated to Him as His possession". That is to be of His kingdom exclusively. following His Word in everything, and separate from the world. We can come into His holy presence only because we are sinless as a result of the atoning sacrifice of His Son. We are "without blemish" because our sins were paid for in full on the cross. They no longer count against us; we are fully justified towards God. Through Jesus we can come to God as we were created to do. In fact this is the only way to come to God.

(Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

I am only holy because Jesus says so, and only blameless because of the Blood of Christ. Not by by own merit or my works am I found holy and blameless before the Lord. For it was Jesus Christ who died on the Cross to shed His Blood to make me holy and blameless before God the Father

Being Holy is not initiated by any action on my part. I cannot even count the number of times I have heard someone say "I'll get saved WHEN I get my act cleaned up"! (lol) Like there is any chance of that happening. Being Holy is our position "In Christ"

This sweeps us back to the cross where we find ourselves becoming blameless before God because of the work of Christ on the cross. To think of the Father turning His back on His Only Son becasue of my sin; that I might be Holy and blameless in His eyes is the eptemy of love

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

To be holy means that we are consecrated to God, separated to him, we are not our own. To live a pure life. To live separated from the world (to be in the world but not part of it). To be blameles is the same as living holy, living a pure life. Jesus Christ was the only sinless person. With Jesus death on the cross He took our sins upon Himself. So when we stand before God we stand be before Him blameless. God do not see our sins what He sees is the blood of His Son Jesus Christ, we stand before God clean.

dee :lol:

In reading the NKJ He chose us in Him that we should be holy (belong and be devoted to Him) and without blame (without sin) before Him in love. This he did before the foundation of the world. If I accept Jesus and salvation through him I will live devoted to him and sin free. We all make miss judgements and we have a chose to accept it or not, but I would not want to live like that. I want to live like Jesus did. I want to do what is pleasing to God. I want to live his will not mine. I want him to be in control of my life. It is his not my own. I choose Jesus to come into my heart and take up residency there.

To be "holy" is to be set apart, different from the rest, to be used for a specific purpose.

To the believer it means to be called out from the midst of an unbelieving society...to join the family of God. God's one desire is for us to be one of his children, to love and obey Him because we love Him. God is holy...actually He is the only HOLY One, but we are to emulate Him as closely as we can. Jesus was sent to show us the way. He lived a holy life, sinless without fault, but because of the hardness of our hearts and the veil often before our eyes, we are reluctant to give up that 'old' self completely and walk as He did. He gave up Himself, his position, and even the love of His Father for a short time because of our sinful natures. He suffered trials, torments, pain, anger and finally death in order that we could receive the life He gave up for a short time.

In and of myself, I could never stand "blameless" before God, but because of what Jesus did for me, Iam blameless and will stand before God one day with my head held high as the daughter of the King that I am. Am I proud to be a Christian...you bet I am, but not in the way that most people define "proud". I'm proud to be a child of God because I've made the right decision to be like Him as best I can...and to share my knowledge of Him with whomever He brings to me.

To be Holy is t be set apart. It's a place where God is present, whether a building a place or person where His Holy Spirit resides. Through the atonement of Jesus and the presence of His Holy Spirit that was sent to us when He returned to heaven we are made Holy. The atonement made us blameless and pure in the sight of God. God chose us to be blameless and Holy and because we could not do this on our own He sacrificed His Son to do that for us. God chose us to be Holy and made the porvisions we needed to become Holy as He is Holy.

To be 'set apart' to God which is for his purpose. So I am His once iI have given my life, accepted his Grace and begun to act accordingly. What an awesome thought and gift. To be chosen prior to time with the sole purpose of acting in a manner that glorifies God for his joy.

Throughout the Bible it talks about 'walking blameless'. For me it is best described in Psalm 119

1 Blessed are they whose ways are blameless,

who walk according to the law of the LORD.

2 Blessed are they who keep his statutes

and seek him with all their heart.

3 They do nothing wrong;

they walk in his ways.

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"?

It is defined in Job 1:8 "The LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man who fears God and turns away from evil." Being Holy is to Fear God and keep away from evil.

In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

When my sins are forgiven after the Sacrament of Confession as stated in John 20:23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained." Once my sins are forgiven then God does not keep tab of the same. Isaiah 43:18 "Do not remember the former things, or consider the things of old." and Isaiah 44:22 "I have swept away your transgressions like a cloud, and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you."[:D

We are made holy. It is not our holiness but the holyness of God given to us. (All verses are KJV)

Rom. 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" We are all sinner or .Rom 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" God's glory is that He is holy or without sin. Rom. 10:10 "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." We are made righteous.

In him I am made holy. 2 Cor 5:17 says Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.. Hence I was made holy by his grace. My holy status is not because of my doing but because he has concencrated me unto him (Christ).

I am so blameless before God, because Christ washed me and cleaned me of all blame. In the eyes of God Iam like Christ.

:D To me this means to become new in him. When we are Holy we are cleansed by Jesus Christ and live a clean life for him. We are blessed by God Through Jesus and made Holy and Blameless. Blameless to me is forgiven or known forgiveness. We have no one to blame but ourselves because when we live with Jesus we know when we are in sin. God is blameless and we can not blame him for our actions. He has given us his word therefore we must wholeheartedly follow it.

• 2 weeks later...

1) WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE HOLY... TO ME IT MEANS TO BE UNSCORNED, UNTOUCHED. TO BE THE LIGHT OF ALL LIGHT.(IF THAT MAKES ANY SENSE)

2) BLAMELESS? COME ON IS THERE SUCH A WORD? ALL JOKES ASIDE....

TO BE BLAMELESS BEFORE CHRIST (NO) I DO NOT THINK THIS IS SO B/C WE WERE BORN INTO SIN AND WE ARE SINNERS. WE CAN CONFESS OUR SINS AND GET THEM TOSSED INTO THE SEA OF FORGETFULNESS. JUST LIKE ANY PARENT THEY WANT TO SEE THERE CHILD BLAMELESS.

GOD BLESS

At the point of our conversion, we are part of His family, we share in a part of His mission to the world. Being set apart from the rest of the world with a mission. We are no longer of this world, even though we are a part of the world, but we are set aside for His purpose. We now can stand blameless before God, because of the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ. His atonement paid the price for our sins, past, present and future. We were cursed and stood guilty under God's Holy Law, there was no way we could be perfect and save ourselves. It took the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus to cover amd wash us clean of our sins, and make us righteous under the law, so we could now stand blameless before God. It is not that I don't sin anymore, but I do have the power to resit temption through the Holy Spirit in me. I am no longer a slave unto sin, through the work of the cross, I have conquered sin. But am I sinless, NO, but I no longer dive into sin as my oldself, when I do sin, it is only because I fell, but not dived into it. The Holy Spirit is constantly at work within me, I no longer have a desire to sin, since my conversion, I strive to do God's will. As each day goes by, I am constantly maturing in Christ, and as I resist temptation, I become stronger. The most important key to living a victorioous life, is daily time in His Word, and to develop a strong relationship with the Father, through Jesus Christ.

• 3 weeks later...

God Himself chose me, actually picked me out for Himself as His very own -- what amazing love! When I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior I became consecrated for God's own holy use -- and not only that, but in Christ I am considered blameless before God because Jesus has become my substitute. Jesus took my sin and clothed me with His righteousness -- He took the curse that I should have received and I have received eternal life and the blessings of God that belong to Jesus Christ my Messiah. I am holy because He is holy. Of myself I am nothing. In Christ I am everything! Praise the name of Jesus!

I think being holy is being there with the Lord Jesus, not claiming to be a very good christian but really letting your walk with God be so faithful and truthful, you will definetly know that the Lord God is there.

I am striving to make my walk with God very dedicated and learn to over come those stumbling blocks and without Him I could not do that..