JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Holy and Blameless

On 8/24/2006 at 8:48 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

He owns me, created me for himself. He made me a steward of HIS earth and all that is there in. 

The only sense I can stand blameless before him is because He made me. He ordered my steps, and he gave us Jesus to save us, the Holy Spirit to guide us, teach us and comfort us. It is by what Jesus did on my behalf that I am blameless.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

Being holy is a state of being forgiven and accepted by the Lord God Almighty as a result of Christ finished work of salvation on the cross.

Consequently I stand blameless before God because my sin that separated me from has been washed away by Jesus’ shed blood. Hallelujah.
http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/topic/529-q3-holy-and-blameless/

On 8/24/2006 at 9:48 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

It means that we stand holy in Christ.  He has given us of His Righteousness.  Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.  We are not holy of ourselves, but we are in Christ.  I can stand blameless before God because of Christ and His sacrifice.  

What does it mean to be "holy"? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

We can only stand blameless before God because of Jesu’s sacrifice, there is nothing else we can or could have done to earn it. Holy, on the other hand, is something we can work on (only with God's help and guidance). Holy means “set apart”, when one starts maturing as Jesus’ follower, one starts separating from the world and getting closer to God, spending time with Him and therefore being more like Him and that is the way of holiness, but no one can be completely holy until Jesus comes back and there is a new body.

To be holy means to be set apart for God, and to be used for serving and/or worshipping Him. Having been washed in the blood of Christ, having been clothed in His righteousness, God looks upon me as blameless, without fault, above reproach, freed and cleansed from all sin. This does not mean sinless perfection, for there is still the process of sanctification and glorification to be completed before spiritual maturity. 

First of all, it is an honor and a privilege to be holy before God.  Its about loosing the things of old and putting on the new.  Its acknowledging God as head of your life and having the confidence of being a new creature in Christ.   Its also being fully persuaded that God is in you.  In my opinion, we are blameless before God when we repent of our sins wholeheartedly and turn from our evil and wicked ways.  Simply put when we display a repentant heart. 

Isaiah 35---we are on the narrow way to heaven.   Our lives aren't like those of our neighbors. 1 Peter 2:9 is very crucial in our current study as well.   We have an immense calling.  Holiness entails that we belong to Almighty God; we are beckoned to enter the Holiest of Holies . One of the beautiful aspects of water Baptism is that we have been "marked" in a supernatural way, no more living in darkness...we now belong to Christ; we have put on Christ.   The early Church baptismal ceremonies underscore this magnificently !  Careful preparation before Baptism was done first; this was the catachumenate period.

Blameless!   Due to the precious Blood of Christ,  my sins are gone,!   I love Psalm103 !  What a comfort at the end of the day.    I take refuge in the wounds of Jesus Christ.  His Priestly ministry is still in effect as this present moment.  Christ my Joshua assures me that I am blameless because God the Father views the nail scarred hands and wounds of Christ.

1. What does it mean to be holy?

To be holy simply means to live a life separated and consecrated for/to God, and to be righteous, not through what any of us did, but through what Jesus Christ did on the cross!

2. In what sense can you stand blameless before God?

We can stand blameless before God because of what Jesus Christ did on the cross! He died for us and became sin for us so that our sins could be forgiven and so that we could be rid of any blemishes, flaws, and/or imperfections. Now, because of that, we can stand before God without any "sin tension" and with our slates perfectly clean and rid of sin. We can stand before God without sin because of Jesus Christ's gracious gift of forgiveness!!!!!!!

THANK YOU JESUSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Isaiah 35---we are on the narrow way to heaven.   Our lives aren't like those of our neighbors. 1 Peter 2:9 is very crucial in our current study as well.   We have an immense calling.  Holiness entails that we belong to Almighty God; we are beckoned to enter the Holiest of Holies . One of the beautiful aspects of water Baptism is that we have been "marked" in a supernatural way, no more living in darkness...we now belong to Christ; we have put on Christ.   The early Church baptismal ceremonies underscore this magnificently !  Careful preparation before Baptism was done first; this was the catachumenate period.

Blameless!   Due to the precious Blood of Christ,  my sins are gone,!   I love Psalm103 !  What a comfort at the end of the day.    I take refuge in the wounds of Jesus Christ.  His Priestly ministry is still in effect as this present moment.  Christ my Joshua assures me that I am blameless because God the Father views the nail scarred hands and wounds of Christ.

• 4 weeks later...

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"? In what  can you stand "blameless" before God?Holy; according to what I have understood it's not more than being concecrated to God i.e doing small requests to me from God each day , each hour  , each minute , each second.like praying , doing acts of mercy , trusting him and much more things  as He requests from us.

blameless refers to the state of not having any issue to be condemed of .

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/24/2006 at 8:48 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

One old dictionary that I had (I regret not knowing what happened to it) one definition for Holy: to be different. we are to be different. Different in our actions, dress, attitude, looks. We are not to be like the world like my Brother Paul says in Romans 12 "do not be conformed to this world, " "do not allow this world to shape you into what it wants you to be."

When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour we are justified, we are as if we had never sinned, we are bathed in the blood of Christ, when Almighty God sees us He does not see us, He does not see our sin, He sees the blood of His Son, we are blameless. Hallelujah to the Lamb.

• 11 months later...

Holy means that we are consecrated to God, separated to him as his possession. God has claimed us and we belong to him.23
Being able to stand before God
Holy = dedicated or consecrated to God or a religious purpose; sacred.
Blameless
To be innocent of wrongdoing without guilt