JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Holy and Blameless

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

To be holy means to be pure in heart and in mind. Not defile with the world. We can stand blameless before God through his Son Jesus. Once we ask for forgiveness of our sins with a sincere heart, God is just and faithful to forgive us. Then we can stand blameless before Him.

Thanks,

Bro. Rolahac

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holiness is the absolute moral purity and integrity of the character of Christ. To be holy is to be consecrated to flawless perfection, claimed by Him to be set apart from the nature of the flesh and dedicated to His divine nature and purposes. This is not something any person could ever accomplish by self-effort. It is only accomplished as we give ourselves over to His Spirit's refining work within us.

What an amazing thing to know that God already sees the work of creating this holy character of Christ in me as completed because, in Christ, "it is finished"! When He looks at me, He sees me already all grown up and matured in the perfection of being like His Son. He sees the covering of righteousness laid over me through the holy blood of Christ that has already gained my pardon and made me blameless of sin. He sees me as already fully reconciled and restored to Himself as a redeemed new creation. I need to get His vision of who I already am to Him because it will transform the way I see myself and how I want to live. Because of this glorious position in Christ, I can confidently approach the LORD, knowing I am accepted in the very presence of God. In His blameless purity, Christ is right now seated in acceptance at the very right hand of God. Because I am enfolded in Christ, I'm right there with Him. WOW.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are holy in that we belong to God as His children if we have surrendered to Him. Anything that is His would be holy. We can stand blameless because once Jesus takes our sins away, they are gone as though buried in the depths of the sea. They are covered by the blood of Jesus and it is just as though they never were in the first place. Praise God for His willingness to see us in the new light of His grace.

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"?

<!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff"><!--/coloro-->It means that when I received Jesus and Salvation, there was a Divine exhange...He took every sin I've ever committed and will ever commit, washed me in His spotless Holy blood, and gave me His Holiness. It means when God looks at me, He looks at me through His Holy Son, and my sins, and former shame are blotted out. I've been bought with His Blood and am therefore set apart for His use and pleasure and purposes.

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

<!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff"><!--/coloro-->I stand blameless for the sins and mistakes I've made and committed, because I've confessed, repented and been washed In the blood of the Lamb. His Word says "He knows that I am dust", and "All that you have done, I've accomplished for you"....so even the good things I do (in Him), He gets the glory for. It means also that I am above reproach in His sight...He sees me as spotless, because I am in Him.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

To be holy means to be God's child who have been set apart for His service.

I love that it has been pointed out that it's "in His eyes" that we are blameless.

Because of the redemptive work of Jesus we are able to stand blameless before

God. When God sees us He sees the sacrifice of Jesus - as we are coved under

the blood of Jesus. My holiness and blamelessness has nothing to be with the

way I see myself, but has everything to do with the way God sees me. In His eyes

I am holy and blameless.

• 2 months later...

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

When you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you seperate yourself from this world and live for the honor and glory of God. I can stand bameless before God through the inter-session of our Great High Priest, Jesus Christ.

Being holy is to be consecrated and sanctified through God's Holy Spirit. Holiness can not be achieved in your own flesh but only through God. It is not something that is done immediately but is developed over the course of our entire lifetime. It is not actually fully realized until we are in Heaven. We are set apart used for God's purposes and He takes us from glory to glory. Of course, He receives ALL the GLORY!

The remission of our sins was accomplished through His Blood. He redeemed us from death. When we accept what he has done for us on the cross and accept Him as our Savior, then His Blood sacrifice has made us pure as snow though our sins were as scarlet. When we repent, His Blood washes away our sins. We are "blameless" only because of what Christ did on our behalf.

As previously mentioned, the key phrase in this verse is "in his sight." If that phrase were left out, this verse could quickly become a guilt-inducing, impossible expectation to fulfill. Blameless? How can I be without blemish? Precisely because of the work of Jesus. I like Pastor Ralph's analogy about the teenage child and the parent. All children, even when they make mistakes, are looked upon with love by their parents. God never forgets we are his children, and as heirs of God, we are seen as blameless.

• 1 month later...

To be holy is to be set apart; apart from the world goals and from our flesh. Believers are set apart for God's purposes and for His kingdom. We can stand blameless before God because we were set apart from these things when we were covered in the blood of the Lamb of God - Christ! This is the only way to stand blameless before God.

• 3 weeks later...

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"? It means to belong to God

In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God? Our sins have been completely forgiven as though they had never happened and therefore we can stand blameless before God as a result of the sacrifice of Christ.

• 2 weeks later...

To be holy means to be perfect in God's sight. In at least two different places in the bible God calls us to "be holy, as I am holy". Of course we can not be holy while living on earth but we can capture the attitude of being holy. We can stand blameless before God because our transgressions have been justified by the blood of Christ. The debt we owe has been paid and now a holy and righteous God can accept us in His presence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

to be holy means to be set aside by God or consecrated. the only way to be blameless is to recognize what Jesus Christ did for Christians and to accept Him as your savior and to put Him as the center of your life!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1.To be "holy" means to live a life for God, to be seperate spiritually from the things of the world.

2.To stand blameless before God, one must desire to put God first in all things and to continually desire to know Him better, to live for Him alone. It's all about an on going relationship with our heavenly Father.

3a) Holy means that we live a life for God, separated to him as his possession. God has claimed us and we belong to him. This is something that I cannot achieve by my self- effort, only possible if I surrender myself to His Spirit

To be holy, means to be blameless and spotless before the Lord. In the O.T. saints provided sacrifices for forgiveness. Now in the N.T. since Jesus has provided himself for the ultimate sacrifice we have been covered by the blood of the lamb. That one perfect spotless man, the man that was marked by the father so that we could come to him in acceptance through Jesus. We can appear before the Lord holy in the sense that he sees us through Jesus who is holy! As long as we abide in him and he in us. Glory be to God!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What does it mean to be holy?

Praise God friends in Christ! As far as the bible is concerned, there is where God admired the character of his servant Job because Job never attempted to abuse God for causing him the unmeasurable suffering he kept his mouth shut. Also King David many times could commit sin, after noticing what he has done he starts crying and pleading to God for forgiveness. It is not possible to be holy for may christians, but to admit and come to repetence quickly is what God considers holy.

To put away our own nature [hatred, selfishness, witchcraft,variance, wrath, seditions, hereses,envying,etc]and put on God's nature makes us holy. See Garatians chapter 5:19-22. verse 24: [KJV]they that are Christ's have crusified the flesh with the affections and lusts. Thank you

Holy means set apart for God's use. We are set apart IN Christ Jesus.

The only way I can possibly stand blameless before God is through His mercy and Jesus' sacrifice on the cross.