JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Holy and Blameless

being preselected to be set apart for Gods service, to be prechosen out of all of Humanity for Gods good pleasure. Like a prospector staking his claim on land that he thinks posesses gold, God has claimed us out of His creation for Himself. This is a WOW :o thought to come to grips with intellectually, but much easier to grasp through the Holy Spirit.

To be "Blameless" or to not be effected by sin (spot or blemish), this can not happen unless some outside unseen supernatural force is there to protect us from dangers seen and unseen. An outside unseen supernatural force that guides helps to guide us through the winds, the rains, the storms that can rage in and around our lives. This force that forgives our sins automatically (being covered His the blood and to plead the blood when sin does comes) An outside unseen supernatural force that helps to make ways out of a noway situation or give us peace and favor with all, so that we reach our predestination.

Yet, "..the word was made flesh and dwelt amongst us" and "In Him who knew of sin, there was no sin" and "behold the Lamb of God who taketh away the sins of the world." said John the Baptist at the river Jordan. This supernatural force who died for you and me and then rose on the third day, with all power in His hand over life and death. The force that protects us and by blood we are made whole, name is Jesus Christ.

Our example of a Holy and blameless life before God. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that being holy is being Christlike, treat others and ourselves as Christ Jesus would.

Blamelessness is an awesome thing. Many times I feel like I can't forgive my own past misgivings, but I know that God has and I can move forward with a renewed sense of peace and continue to work towards being holy and live up to my blamelessness...if that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

The meaning of to be "holy" as used here is that we are set apart for God. Holy as he is holy. We can stand blameless before God because of Jesus Christ dying on the Cross for us. It was through his death offered up to the Father for the sins of the world that I am blameless and holy in God's sight.

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

• 4 weeks later...

I heard once that being holy means to be set apart. Thinking this week about being chosen, holy and blameless is a lot to wrap my mind around. As a human I don't feel worthy of all of this. But, it's not about what I feel now is it? God put this in His word so it is truth. Because of what Christ did on the cross for us I am now set apart for Him. Have you ever looked at a red shirt through red cellophane? The shirt will appear white. I think of God the Father looking at me through the red of the blood of Christ. I am pure, white and blameless! Thank you, Lord!

Q3.(Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"?[/color][/b

To be holy means to be like the image of Christ. Everything about us must be holy or try to live our lives the best way to please our God by our thoughts, the way we live and even the way we speak now. When I accepted Christ into my life I also accepted to change my old ways and walk the holy way. There must be a change in our life to be with god. We are all important to him but he lets us choose him so we can be like him. Now he leads us and molds us into his will so we can be perfect to be with him as he has promised.

Q3b. In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?[/color]

We have all sinned in one point or another in our lives and sin is what makes us have blame. We must stand before God one day. To be blameless is for us to repent and wash away our sin. If we don't then we will be blame for the outcome of what my life would be. But with God on our side he will guide us and we will be blameless as long as we have him in our heart and do good will.

• 2 months later...
Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"? In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

We in ourselves cannot be Holy, this is the greatest mystery of all. Because as I stand before a Holy God, I can only do so because Jesus has washed me in His Blood. God sees Jesus in me and therefore I have the Holiness that comes from Christ. If I try to be holy, then I become 'unholy', as of myself I have nothing to bring to God, other than trusting only that I am excepted in Christ. And this I know become His Word teaches me it is so.

Thanks be to our Lord Jesus Christ who took a wretch like me, and presents be before the throne of God as His child.

• 1 month later...

To be holy is to be perfect, without stain or blemish. God is holy. I am not. But through the holy spirit abiding within my body, and because this was a gift from the Father when I entered into communion with him through Jesus I am viewed as holy by an awesome God. Because I am washed (clothed) with the blood of Christ, my imperfect unholy self is hidden from God's sight and I stand blameless before him. My life is set apart to do god's will and my sins are washed clean.

It is sometimes hard to convince myself of this fact, but when I walk according to the holy spirit and not according to my will (flesh), I can see more clearly God's will in my life. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What does it mean to be "Holy". This is an attribute of God and God alone. However, since we are to emulate God as one of his adopted sons and daughters in Christ Jesus; To be Holy is to be without continued sin in our lives. We're covered by the blood of Jesus. Therefore, all our sins are washed away. We should emphatically live in good moral standards, with no filthy communications, no snide jesting, not dwelling within our minds on things not our own, ******* after others. Basically cease sinning. If / when we fail immediatly confess the sin and pray to Jesus for forgivenes. Wash and renew our minds with the word. Staying in the Bible keeps us from sinning. Sinning will keep us out of the Bible due to guilt. Therefore, since we are washed by the blood. We must also forgive not only others but ourselves. To be Holy is to be covered by the blood of Christ Jesus and since we are covered, blameless before God. God doesn't see us in our sin or sinful nature anymore. He sees us covered, therefore, blameless.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Beign holy is synonymous with being whole. This means going back into the glorious state when God comes in

to converse with us as He used to do with Adam before the fall. This 'before the fall state' comes about as we put on Christ by faith. Our sins are forgiven. The records are wiped off and we can stand before God not by our own holiness

, but by Christ's own holiness. Having beign crucified with Him, He lives in us and we in Him. Holiness expressed in clear terms.

to me it is a spiritually pure sinless because am alive in Christ Jesus my Lord, His blood have wash me clean, and the word said be you Holy as I am Holy. I can only stand blameless before God in Jesus Christ blood ,and rightness, and brith again in the Holy Spirit .

• 3 weeks later...

In reading 2006 KBB's statement on this, they describe it well. We are holy because we do stand out when we do the will of God. We are those perfect pair of pants that are set aside for just that purpose. that is so awesome.

We are blameless because of what Jesus did for us, the price that was paid.

• 4 weeks later...

It means to be His and be like God; trying to imitate Christ, live for God, and do His will. You can stand "blameless" only after accepting Christ because He died for our sins.

• 2 weeks later...

God cannot look upon sin. He provided a way for us to be reconciled back to him through Jesus Christ. We have to be holy and blameless in his sight to have relationship with Him, and this is accomplished by the blood of Jesus. It is not to say that we do not sin or that we are without sin. God will always allow us to have sin in our lives to remind us that we need His grace and mercy. Our task is to bring every thought into submission to Christ. You cant do everything at once. Some of us have a lot that we are dealing with that can be overwhelming. Tackle Satan one thing at the time, bring each issue under submission and press on. Be thankful to God for every victory and continue to focus on the areas that God convicts you in. The more you conquer, the easier it is to conquer because your spirit becomes stronger as you submit your will to His.

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4) What does it mean to be "holy"?

It means that when I received Jesus and Salvation, there was a Divine exhange...He took every sin I've ever committed and will ever commit, washed me in His spotless Holy blood, and gave me His Holiness. It means when God looks at me, He looks at me through His Holy Son, and my sins, and former shame are blotted out. I've been bought with His Blood and am therefore set apart for His use and pleasure and purposes.

In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?

I stand blameless for the sins and mistakes I've made and committed, because I've confessed, repented and been washed In the blood of the Lamb. His Word says "He knows that I am dust", and "All that you have done, I've accomplished for you"....so even the good things I do (in Him), He gets the glory for. It means also that I am above reproach in His sight...He sees me as spotless, because I am in Him.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (Ephesians 1:4)

What does it mean to be "holy"?

In what sense can you stand "blameless" before God?To be cleansed from all sin and separated entirely to God and His service. Faultless, without any blemish,

• 3 weeks later...

To be 'holy' means that we have been separated from sin and set apart for and to God. That my thoughts, words and actions should be reflecting who Christ is in me and that things of the world and satan has no dominion over me. To know that I am totally in God's hands and care and willingly follow His guidance and instructions.

I can stand blameless before God in the sense that I am in Christ, and Christ is blameless. This is possible because of the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and the grace of God that forgives us of all our sins.