JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. I Am the Resurrection and the Life

Jesus is the resurrection for those who believe and are physically dead. He is the life for those who believe and have not yet died. In order to have eternal life, a person must place his or her faith in Jesus, who is the Christ, the Son of God, who came into the world to bring eternal life to those who believe.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wE WILL BE L;IKE ANGELS. aND BE IN THE PRESENCE OF OUR lORD. rISE TO LIVE.

When Jesus declared that He was the resurrection and the life He meant that any one that believed in Him, even though he died, he would rise from the dead in the last day and would live.

When Jesus comes back, the second coming, scripture tells us that at the sound of the trumpet, the dead will rise first and those living will all go to meet him in the sky.

:huh: I believe the I AM means that Jesus is the True vine , the true religion because religion means to bind back to the source of God, and Jesus had spoken and told the disciples some more things also ( you are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you) 15:3,

abide in Christ Jesus

Q3. (John 11:23-25) What do you think Jesus meant when he said, "I am the resurrection and the life"? What role will Jesus play in the resurrection of the dead?

Jesus made that statement to Martha......when her brother Lazarus had died.

Becuse he is the Creator of life. Whoever believes inChrist has a spirtual life that death cannot conquer or diminish in any way. Jesus has power over life and death as well the power to forgive sin.

Jesus will be the one that calls believers to him even those in the graves when he comes again to judge the living and the dead, and his power will have no end.

Child of God

Q3. (John 11:23-25) What do you think Jesus meant when he said, "I am the resurrection and the life"? What role will Jesus play in the resurrection of the dead?

Jesus made that statement to Martha......when her brother Lazarus had died.

Becuse he is the Creator of life. Whoever believes inChrist has a spirtual life that death cannot conquer or diminish in any way. Jesus has power over life and death as well the power to forgive sin.

Jesus will be the one that calls believers to him even those in the graves when he comes again to judge the living and the dead, and his power will have no end.

Child of God

"I am the resurrection and the life"...He is the power that opens every grave, give life to the sleepers, and calls them forth to a new existence. Jesus resurrection was done for humanity and in Him humanity has won victory over death. Whoever believe in Jesus will never die, having eternal life. This is available to all, no matter who you are or what you have done. Jesus is ready to forgive. If you are reading this and is not saved, except Him today as your Lord and Savior.

Without Jesus there would not be any resurrection. He IS the resurrection! He was the 'WORD' (Jn. 1:1) involved in the creation of everything, including me. He is the resurrection, has all the power of resurrection, has everything associated with our future resurrection from our earthly bodies. We rejoice now in our spiritual resurrection that has already occured for those of us that have acknowledged Him as Savior and Lord. What is His role? His role is in everything involved with the process of the attainment of our new and glorious bodies!

Jesus Himself has power over life and death, I believe when Jesus said that I am the resurrection, that He was speaking of Himself of being resurrected and we also who believes in Him. "..and the life," again He was speaking of Himself, by He lives, we also lives as well forever.

Jesus role in the resurrection of the dead will be to rise us up in the last day at the sound of the trumpted.

Jesus was saying He has power over life and death. If Jesus wouldn't have risen from the dead, then our faith would be in vain.

However, because He triumphed over death, those of us who have accepted Him as Savior, will also one day share in the resurrection of our bodies. During the rapture, the Lord will appear,gathering those who died in the faith first, followed by the living believers.

I think Jesus is referring to those who put their total trust in Him and the 'old man' passes away and the 'new man' arises. We have nothing to fear because Christ has conquered death and when we put our life into His hands we pass from death into life.

When the voice of Jesus trumpets out all the dead will rise.

Jesus is the One 'the Agent" who will cause the raising of the dead on the last day. His death on the Cross and his rising on the third day was the chief role instrumental in the rising up of 'mortals' on Judgments day. Without the Cruxification there would be no resurrection of the dead.

It seems that it would be more of a "natural" conversation if Jesus would have replied to Martha with an acknowledgment that she was right. He could have said something like, "You've got that right, Martha, but what I meant was that Lazaruz will be raised this day." However, Jesus took this opportunity to proclaim truth about himself and those who believe in Him - not just to Martha, but to those present with them. He again (as he does earlier in John's Gospel) uses the situation to identify Himself as "I AM," the only true God. Saying He IS the Resurrection and the Life speaks of the truth that only through Him can mankind have the gift of Life. He graciously reveals truth about life after physical death - that even though we die physically, believers in Him will be given a Life that never ends.

How Amazing I AM is!

As he states in the Scripture - Jesus' role in the Resurrection is that as he calls people to Him and when they truly "hear" Him by surrendering to His Lordship, they become dead to sin and are "raised" to Life - an everlasting relationship with their Savior.

At the last day, Jesus' role will be to call with his voice, causing all the dead - believers and unbelievers to come "out of their graves." He will then take the role of Judge, gifting those covered in His blood with LIFE with Him forever. :rolleyes: Those who rejected His covering, will have their sinfulness exposed and will be found guilty and have to be condemned. :(

Just like so many things in the Old Testament were a foreshadowing of what was to come in Christ, I believe Jesus gave a "foreshadowing" of that Resurrection Day by calling to Lazarus with His voice and raising him from physical death, causing him to come out of his grave. - A picture of what is in store for all of us! We know that a foreshadowing is not the full picture - it is "shadowy." What Christ will do on the Last Day will be so much more magnificent and glorious!

When Jesus was first given word of Lazarus' sickness, He said that it would not end in death and that it would be for God's Glory, and His Son would be glorified through it. - - The ultimate purpose of all! His role was and is to Glorify His Father! Praise Him!

Jesus is the resurrection and the life. He is the source and the reason for the resurrection. In His power will we be raised on that great day. Just as we can be saved only through and by Jesus Christ - we will be bodily resurrected the same way.

He is the one who congquered death hell land the grave! He is the one who took the sting out of death and the victory out of the grave because He is the one who will raise us up again!

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is the same as He is life - with His death He defeated death and through Him we also have life; and with His resurrection we get it also, without Jesus it will be impossible, all what God Father have for us we get through Jesus' life and death.

Q3

Jesus is the essence of LIFE! He is life. From out Himself, from out life He created us.

But by means of our rebellion against God, dead came in picture.Dead a situation outside Jesus, outside life.

At the end of time(remember time started at the creation) Jesus will reclaim all those who chose to be with Him in life.

All who have given their lives to Him will be granted a new body, and a place in His presence(in the presence of LIFE)

There will be a whole different situation then, in His presence there will be NO place for dead, but only LIFE abundant live.

He, jesus, will reveal His absolute power of LIFE.

That is what we are looking forward to, to be with the ONE who is LIFE!

Hendrick

Q3. (John 11:23-25) What do you think Jesus meant when he said, "I am the resurrection and the life"?

When Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life," he was telling us that in Him is life. Apart from Jesus there is no eternal life. If you are to live forever you must believe in Jesus.

What role will Jesus play in the resurrection of the dead?

Jesus' role in the resurrection of the dead is to see that none that God gave to Him is lost. Jesus will raise all believers and present them to the Father.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Jesus meant he was the giver of new life and giver of eternal life for those who believe in him.

The role he will play is that the dead in Christ shall rise to eternal life and those who did not or do not believe will be condemed.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus meant just as He said to them that He is the One who will resurrect them from the dead and give them new or eternal life with Him forever and ever. Jesus, being the first One resurrected from the dead (and to stay resurrected and living), showed us who believe and trust in Him that He will resurrect our dead bodies in the same way, and give us His new life that He gave to Himself; and then we will be with Him in His heavenly glory having and enjoying His glory (which is beyond anything or everything we can describe or enjoy here on earth) in His presence forever in our new, resurrected and glorious bodies!!!!!! Jesus has everything to do with our resurrection from the dead, and all the honor and glory goes to Him!!!!!!! Amen!

• 3 weeks later...
:unsure: I am a new Christian who has just begun my walk with Jesus, so my answers will not be as wise as some I have read. I believe that Jesus meant that if we believe that he died on the cross for us and ask for his forgivness we will have eternal life. We will live in eternity with him when the judgement day comes. It is through him that we will be resurected and it is through him that we will have eternal life. Jesus will be the one to resurect the dead when the day comes.