JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. I Am the Resurrection and the Life

I believe that Romans 6:3-4 said it the simplest. "Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were Baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (John 11:23-25) What do you think Jesus meant when he said, "I am the resurrection and the life"? What role will Jesus play in the resurrection of the dead?

Jesus by saying this I think meant that it is by Him alone our body can be raised from dead and receive life eternal. Jesus Christ at the resurrection of the dead will appear in the sky and raise all the dead to life. The righteous to everlasting life and the unrighteous to condemnation.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Jesus certainly wanted us to listen and to believe in him when he said "I am the resurrection and the life." The resurrection has many meanings, He was resurrected but for us I think it means that He is the source of it all. He doesn't just give life, he is Life. We are resurrected all the time especially when He raises us from a life of sin Because life is eternal and if we believe in him then death has no power over us it is just a state for our human bodies until we are brought together again, to be judged. Jesus' role will be to assist in the judging with his Father.

• 5 weeks later...

Q3. (John 11:23-25) What do you think Jesus meant when he said, "I am the resurrection and the life"? What role will Jesus play in the resurrection of the dead?

3. a. Jesus said, I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me shall never die.

b. The role of Jesus in the resurrection is that He is the firstfruits. 1 Cor, 15:20-23 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

• 1 month later...

3.a. I believe that Jesus is The resurrection and the Life and if we believe on Jesus as the only way of salvation, we will have this eternal life.

b. Jesus is the first fruits of the Resurrection of the dead. For those of us who look to the Son, He will raise us up on the last day.

• 8 months later...

Ans. Jesus is saying that He is the overcomer of death and also the giver of life. Because He is the sustainer of life, He will raise the believer, just as He was raised from the dead to reign eternally with Him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Jesus claims both the resurrection and the the life. There is no resurrection apart from Christ, and there is no eternal life apart from Christ. Those that believe in Him shall live with Him in forever. Both the righteous and unrighteous shall be judged by Christ.

• 5 months later...

Jesus told Martha He was the resurrection and the life.  Jesus has the power over life and death as well as power to forgive sins.  Jesus is the one who will restore life.  He will also judge.

• 1 year later...

I really believe that Jesus is the one who can change people's hearts and souls. He was put on earth to bring "a new life" into the world. He brought about a meaning and purpose that was not there before. He brought forgiveness and love to the down trotten He gave them a new hope. He resurrected their hearts back to God.

Jesus will judge the living and the dead. He will either give them everlasting life or not. Hr will not reward those that turned their backs on Him and denied Him.

• 4 weeks later...

(John 11:23-25) What do you think Jesus meant when he said, "I am the resurrection and the life"? I think it means as we live our lives on this earth believing in Christ Jesus we can be assured that we are living our life at its fullest, and honoring Him. When we physically die our spiritual life continues living for all eternity in His presence, where at Jesus second coming we will be reunited with our glorified bodies and spend eternity with him in heaven.

What role will Jesus play in the resurrection of the dead? By his sin, Adam brought about death for himself and the whole human race. Jesus Christ, by His sinless righteous life, substitutionary death, burial, and resurrection, brings about life for mankind. Adam brought death upon all men; Christ will make men alive. Jesus said to Martha, “I am the Resurrection and the Life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in Me will never die."

• 11 months later...

What do you think Jesus meant when he said, "I am the resurrection and the life"?

Jesus is the ONLY way to the resurrection and life ever after..

What role will Jesus play in the resurrection of the dead?       

It seems that Jesus will play a personal role.   

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Q3. (John 11:23-25)

Q. What do you think Jesus meant when he said, "I am the resurrection and the life"? What role will Jesus play in the resurrection of the dead?

A. Jesus is the resurrection because at the His second coming, both the dead and the living will rise. 

• 2 years later...

Jesus was the sacrifice that we needed for everlasting life. Anyone who truly accepts Jesus as Lord and Savior will physically die in this life but will live in the life to come. Jesus is the only way to everlasting life. Nothing else will give that. 

Jesus will raise them up on the last day. Jesus is also the righteous judge. that's the role Jesus will fullfill. 

• 1 year later...

Q3. (John 11:23-25) What do you think Jesus meant when He said, "I am the Resurrection and the Life"?

ANSWER: “I am the Resurrection and the Life” is the fifth of the seven “I AM” statements of Jesus. When Jesus said, “I am the Resurrection and the Life,” He was claiming to be the source of both. There is no resurrection apart from Christ, and there is no eternal life apart from Christ.

Jesus was also making a statement concerning His divine nature. He does more than give life; He IS life, and therefore death has no ultimate power over Him. Jesus confers this spiritual life on those who believe in Him, so that they share His triumph over death. Believers in Jesus Christ will experience resurrection because, having the life Jesus gives, it is impossible for death to defeat them. Jesus’ statement that He is the resurrection and the life provides a godly perspective on several spiritual matters. Jesus showed us that the resurrection is a Person. Jesus proved that knowledge of eternal life is a personal relationship. Jesus showed that victory is a present reality.

What role will Jesus play in the resurrection of the dead?
ANSWER: The Resurrection was a literal, physical raising of Jesus’ body from the dead. When Jesus rose from the dead, he confirmed his identity as the Son of God and his work of atonement, redemption, reconciliation, and salvation. Jesus' resurrection from the dead means that He really is who He says He is, true God in the flesh, the Christ, our Savior. Jesus' resurrection from the dead.

Jesus is the powerful Son of God who has conquered death and reigns as Lord of all (Romans 1:4; 4:25). The resurrection demonstrates that Jesus' “blood of the new covenant” saves His people from their sins. The resurrection shows that Jesus defeated death. It is seen as proof of life after death. the resurrection also proves God's omnipotence. and omni benevolence. Without the resurrection, the belief in God's saving grace through Jesus is destroyed.