JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Why We Will Have Resurrection Bodies

• 3 months later...

Q4. What will our resurrection bodies be like? Why do you think we will be given resurrection bodies? What is the point?

Our bodies will be incorruptible, glorious, powerful, and spiritual.

I think that we have to receive bodies that will be able to live in eternity-bodies that won't die. Also, I think that we need to have bodies that are totally incorruptible-we will no longer have to confess sin, because we won't be sinning! That is exciting! We will be in a place where everything is going to be different, and our bodies will be able to accept this new world. I'm excited about it, and I hope that I will be able to do the things that I'm really interested in, although I don't have any idea how it will be organized, I'm still excited about it!

Q4.

What will our resurrection bodies be like?

Why do you think we will be given resurrection bodies?

What is the point?

Our resurrection bodies will be physical and material, made perfect and forever free from weakness, sickness, and death. We will have a body just like Christ

Q4. What will our resurrection bodies be like? Why do you think we will be given resurrection bodies? What is the point?

I have thought long and hard about this and I know that what I imagine will probably never even come close to what is the truth. To be honest I have no idea. I know some of the characteristics of the body but not sure how it will be arranged. Jesus looked like himself so I dont see us as some kind of "alien". I believe that we will have resurrection bodies as we will still enjoy the physical part of life...eating drinking touching and on and on. We will have jobs to carry out and our bodies will help us in this area. We are not just going to be a mist ... ghosts forever floating around. We will still be people living a life...a perfect life.

• 1 year later...

Our resurrection bodies will be like Jesus' resurrected body.

We will be given resurrection bodies in order to be capable of navigating on earth as well as heaven.

The point is that we may have some role in both places as we reign, that is, administer the rule of the Kingdom of God, on earth.

Our resurrection bodies will be like that of Jesus.

We will be given resurrection bodies in order to operate in both the spirit realm and on earth.

The point is that we can be able to rule in both heaven and earth.

Our resurrected bodies is going to be like Jesus' body. We think we'll be given resurrected bodies because we have our new bodies between heaven and earth. The point is that Jesus died for our sins, that if we die, then we can live with Jesus for the rest of our lives.

• 3 weeks later...

Our resurrected body will be like Jesus' glorious body that was able to relate with the physical world like a normal physical body and at the same time navigate with the heaven. There is going to be a new heaven and a new earth.

We are going to reign on earth and for us to be able to navigate the heaven and the earth we will be given a resurrected body

• 1 year later...

Our resurrection bodies will be like that of Christ when he resurrected like our present physical boieds but glorified and with spiritual abilities to navigate through structures and in both heaven and earth, without spots or diseases.

We will be given the glorified bodies with all the attributes already listed earlier beacuse we will be priests and will rule the new earth with Christ.

Ans. Just as the scripture say it will have the physical characteristics and the senses of the body but in addition it will be spiritual with the opportunity to move in and out and change its appearance if it wants to. Our resurrection bodies will be like Jesus' resurrection body. His body could be touched, walk, and talk and be recognized by others -- when he wanted to be. In these respects it was able to relate to the physical world like a normal physical body.

But it will not be limited to the physical world. Jesus could enter locked doors disappear and appear at will. Our resurrection bodies will be incorruptible, glorified, powerful, and able to navigate in the spiritual realm.

• 10 months later...

Our resurrection bodies will be like Jesus' resurrection body.  We will be flesh and bones.  Our resurrected bodies will be glorified, powerful and able to navigate in the spiritual realm.  I think we will be given these resurrected bodies because of age, illness, and disabilities.  We will be raised to a physical body that is full of energy and strength.  The purpose of these bodies; I believe is to administer the rule of God on the new earth. However, we do not know the rest of the story....

• 1 year later...

I think that our heavenly bodies will be like Christ when He came back to earth from the dead. We will be living in a new heaven and a new earth. There might be a need for a body. If every thing is new, we would not be able to know what life will be like.

• 1 year later...

They will be like Jesus but without the scars. I think it all has to do with the new concept. The old is gone, the old will be burdened with all the old shame. God wants us to be new in heaven. I think God being a creator decided all will be perfect in heaven. He is like a parent who wants to give His children the perfect holiday or birthday and wants everything to be perfect for it.

• 1 month later...

I suppose our resurrected bodies will be like the one that we have but be a super body. I don’t know how God is going to make it so that we recognize each other unless we have something that is somewhat like we have. But I plan to find out when I get there.

• 11 months later...

I think our bodies will be like Christs after he was resurrected.We will receive resurrected bodies because the bodies we have now is full of sin,and that we become sinless so that we may see the Father.The point is we need new bodies so that we are can relate to every person in the kingdom.

• 2 years later...

A. Like that the resurrected Christ. We will no longer be with corruptible bodies of this evil world but have glorified bodies that are spiritual and we will worship God with.

• 2 years later...

We will be able to eat with our bodies. Recognize by others, be incorruptible and full strength. I think we need resurrected bodies for one reason we will be living in the physical realm on the new earth. No more death and destruction so we need a new physical body that is able to handle that. Also a resurrected body that can navigate also the spiritual realm when needed. I'm not sure what we all will be doing but I know it will totally awesome and cool. I love the fact we will be on a new earth in an incorruptible body. The earth really is a lovely place and will be perfect with the new earth and God almighty living in it. Awesome and Exciting.

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Q4. What will our resurrection bodies be like?

ANSWER: There are four noteworthy differences between our body now and the body that will be give us in the resurrection.

1. Our earthly body is corruptible; our resurrected body will be incorruptible.
  2. Our earthly body is buried in dishonor; our resurrected body will be raised in glory.
  3. Our earthly body is buried in weakness; our resurrected body is raised in power.
  4. Our earthly body is buried a “natural body”; our resurrected body is raised a spiritual body.

Why do you think we will be given resurrection bodies?

ANSWER: I think we will be given resurrection bodies because the Bible says those who have trusted the promises of God are going to be given a new body, one that will never die In heaven, we will have new and perfect bodies, bodies that will never age or become weak or die, because they will be like Christ's glorious body after His resurrection.

Additionally the Bible says that Christ, "by the power that enables Him to bring everything under His control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like His glorious body" (note Philippians 3:21). God will give us new bodies in heaven; bodies that will be similar to Christ's body after His resurrection. Ultimately, the gift of a perfected, resurrected body helps put us beyond Satan's power forever. God designed our resurrection body for eternity.

What is the point?

ANSWER: The the point of being given resurrection bodies: We need a resurrected body because the gift of a perfected, resurrected body helps put us beyond Satan's power forever. If there were no Resurrection, “our spirits must become subject to … the devil, to rise no more. The unity of our souls and bodies is important to God; He designed us as holistic creatures, and our physical condition is inseparably connected to our spiritual condition. Our bodies are important to God (see 1 Corinthians 6:13-20). If we are going to experience complete justice, joy or satisfaction in the next life, our resurrection bodies will play an important role.

Christ made you (body and soul), and He will redeem you (body and soul). He will do it in this order; soul now, body later. All that God has made is good and all that God has made He will redeem. The resurrection body will be better than the body you have now. And you will have forever to savor the pleasures that God has in store for you. Keep giving yourself to everything that God is calling you to do. Don’t hold back in any way!