JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. (Hebrews 2:10) What does it mean, to bring many sons and daughters "to glory"? In what sense did Jesus become "perfect" through suffering? What are the implications for our own lives?

I think that it means to lead people to His Kingdom which He has prepared for us.

Jesus came to earth to save our sins and the only way He could do that was to suffer and take the disgraceful death on the cross just for us.

He is the first fruit of resurrection, which gives us hope that trusting in Him assures Eternal life.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to think about the way Jesus endured the suffering in that he perfected death for us. He paved the way as a pioneer, showing us that with Him, Christ.. all things are possible., even death. Since the word captain means leader or originator, , knowing that Jesus was originator of death conquered, we can easily follow the path finders path. He experienced the sufferings of persecution, scorn, rejection, like most all of us do because we follow Jesus' example. He not only endured them but He over came them. We too must be over comers. Jesus triumphed over sin , death and satan. Jesus blazed a trail for all of us. This is what it means to me in that Jesus brought many sons and daughters to glory. God knows the ending of our story and therefore, just because we haven

Q3. (Hebrews 2:10) What does it mean, to bring many sons and daughters "to glory"?"

It means salvation, redemption, and eternal life.

In what sense did Jesus become "perfect" through suffering?

By resisting all temptations that were placed before Him.

What are the implications for our own lives?

We are to be like Jesus, to follow Him, and to do nothing that will reflect on Him. :rolleyes:

Q3. (Hebrews 2:10) What does it mean, to bring many sons and daughters "to glory"?

Rev. 5:9 A new song is song - You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; For You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by your blood. Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation.

"We, the many sons brought to glory by the blood of the Lamb, we can sing this song."

Jesus not only suffered but He overcame, and triumphed over sin, setting an example for us to follow.

I know when I come to the throne room of mercy and grace, I have my Bridegroom speaking to the Father on my behalf. He can do this because He suffered as man, therefore knowing what we are faced with in times of stress and temptation. He learned obedience by the things which He suffered and having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to ALL WHO OBEY HIM. Lets keep our ears on and never become dull of hearing God's Word for us. He would rather have our obdience than our sacrifices.

Q3. (Hebrews 2:10) What does it mean, to bring many sons and daughters "to glory"?

It means to bring us through this life victoriously dependent on the Father via whatever means necessary so that we can realize our need of a relationship with Him to live the abundant life promised in His Word.

He was always without sin that is not the issue. He became the example of what perfect relationship with the Father and others looks like this side of eternity. Through suffering, Jesus our Lord experienced the extremes of everything we can expect to experience in this earthly life. In this way, we can be assured that He knows exactly what it is like to go through every heart-ache imaginable in our human lifetime.

As above, we can be certain that Jesus knows and understands our human frailties even though He Himself was never frail. He treats us with endless compassion, patience, love mercy and grace. Praise to You my Lord and Savior!!

Q3. (Hebrews 2:10) What does it mean, to bring many sons and daughters "to glory"? In what sense did Jesus become "perfect" through suffering? What are the implications for our own lives?

It was through the suffering, dying, and rising of Jesus that Christians now can have contact with God. Before Jesus

Bringing many sons and daughters "to glory" means to lead or guide them spiritually and morally.

God is the author of our salvation.

Jesus became "perfect" thru suffering by enduring death on the cross.

The implications for our own lives are confessing our sins, asking forgiveness, accepting the fact that God is working in our lives to bring us to perfection.

• 3 weeks later...

This is exactly what the Lord Jesus Christ did when He lovingly died on the cross for us as His people and then was resurrected from the dead to return to heavenly glory; so we who believe and trust in Him will go to glory as His

• 2 months later...

It means those who believe in Christ are made God's children through His only Son. Christ had not been morally or spiritually imperfect, but His carnation was completed (perfected) when He experienced suffering. He identified with us on the deepest level of anguish, and so became qualified to pay the price for our sinful imperfection and to become our sympathetic High Priest.

• 2 months later...

Hebrews 2:10) What does it mean, to bring many sons and daughters "to glory"? In what sense did Jesus become "perfect" through suffering? What are the implications for our own lives?

Jesus is the way the truth and the life...except through him no man can see the Father. Many already discussed this topic perfectly, describing the separation and need of restoration mankind needed. Jesus was the key the father used to bridge that gap. Through this sacrifice (the cross) and resurrection (completion) the veil was 'rent' allowing us to seek and experience the father directly without intervention. Unlike in Moses time they received information from God through a mediator such as Moses...Moses experienced the glory of God, but no one else could...directly. We need no other mediator but Jesus to experience the glory of God...We now have a vertical relationship directly with the Father through Jesus Christ. We can all enter that glory through our own individual relationship with the Lord.

Jesus was tested in every way imaginable. That brings me so much hope knowing that through the power of God he was given the necessary strength to overcome; to resist. He resisted all temptation perfectly. He was perfect from the beginning, but his perfect adherence to the Father's will made his life completely perfect. With all the promises being fulfilled with his obedience to what the Father was showing him and offering us.

The implications to us are that we too can overcome...we to can conquer the enemy in our own lives...one day at a time and resisting temptations one at a time. Until they are no longer temptations. Through the power of God we are victorious already, as Jesus was, but then He had to walk it through, as do we. Because we have a clear shot to the throne room of God is like having an unlimited supply of lifelines on who wants to be millionaire. No matter what question is posed we can take our time and get the answer from God who knows all things, and is happy to share it with us.

I think at times Paul speaks of glory (glorify, glorification-for example Rom 8 17-18) as a summary of all the amazing things of the age to come for those in Christ-this glory is to be revealed when Christ returns, and it is something that is Christ

Through the plan of salvation is how He brings many sons and daughter "to glory"

Jesus became perfect by laying down His will and doing His Fathers will "not my will but thine"

Impliactions: we can become perfect when we learn to lay down our wills in EVERYTHING we do and say not my will Lord but thine!! Honestly speaking that is a very difficult thing to do.....we want to try it our way first and when that fails, then we run to the Lord to put the pieces back together.

• 2 months later...

To "bring many sons and daughters to glory" means for people to suffer for the cause. The cause? Christ. We are made perfect by suffering for Jesus. Jesus was made perfect by suffering- this is so He can be glorified. The implications for our own lives is that we have glory and continuous joy waiting in heaven if we serve Christ.

• 1 month later...

Bringing them by grace through faith to salvation. Those who receive salvation are now the spiritual sons of God and as such have an eternal home in 'glory' with Him.

Through His sufferings he learned obedience and was victorious in carrying out the Father's will in that He conquered death, hell and the grave. In the deliberate and willing suffering and sacrifice of His own life blood, He became the perfect Lamb of God, an acceptable offering, victoriously redeeming mankind from the curse of sin. He, through suffering, was perfectly fitted to become our sinless, spotless Saviour.

We are now blessed to be called the sons of God, by adoption; and if sons, then heirs and joint heirs with Christ. We are heirs of the kingdom which he has promised to them that love him, and accordingly should walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh as a witness to the marvelous grace we have received.

• 2 weeks later...

1) What does it mean to bring many sons to glory? I think this means that Jesus is leading us who trust Him to His glorified position. In other words, we will be glorified, even as He is glorified.

2) Jesus was made perfect through suffering by putting his pure spiritual and moral character up against the test of the most powerful and corrupt physical pressures without trading any part of His character in order to obtain relief from physical pressure. He won the battle!

3) The implication of Christ's victory for us who have received His life as a result of His victory, is the ability to withstand the same pressures He withstood, so that we may be where He is.

• 3 weeks later...

1) To be brought to glory, means that He went before us as the Captain of our salvation, to secure eternal life for each believer....His is the Power, and the Glory...and we will live in the glory in Heaven, because we will be free from our fallen flesh, and living in our glorified bodies....we will be like Him.

2) It was necessary for Him to be crucified on the cross, and to fulfill the many prophecies perfectly. He was sinless and perfect and yet had to suffer to satisfy the debt for our forgiveness. The amplified version says,even Jesus learned obedience through the things that He suffered....It was in walking out the shame, disgrace, separation from His Father for the first time, the physical agony, emotional wrenching, the taunting from unbelievers who delighted in seeing Him suffer....in all of that and more, He was obedient unto death, without ever faltering on even one tiny point....and in that He became perfect in obedience or remained the perfect, spotless lamb of God.

3) The implication for our lives, is to look unto Him, who has gone before us in suffering, and to recognize that for the flesh, suffering may be discipline, chastening, or whatever reason God allows it to come, it is always for our good and for His glory.....He is glorified in our suffering if we remember that He suffered before us in every way and knows first hand what we are going through, and goes through it with us.

I remember as a young believer, having lost everything during a recession, angrily telling Jesus: You don't understand....we're HOMELESS!" He gently said, "I do..foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man had no place to lay His head". That was the first time I really understood that He was homeless. Then later, I said :"The sheriff came to see whether we had vacated the house...I feel like a criminal" (Implying, He didn't understand that either.) He said "I was crucified between 2 thieves, and died a criminals death". oh. On and on it went and there was nothing He had not experienced Himself....as He said, "The servant is not above the master"..."in this world you will have trouble"

• 1 month later...

Bringing many sons to glory means that following Jesus will take us to

The glory and radiance of the new life

• 6 months later...

It means that by the sacrifice of the Son at the cross, the door of opportunity for sinners was open to receive the gift of salvation.

In the sense that by becoming flesh, He had to experience the temptations and trials of this world and He passed the test by submitting to the will of the Father by His obedience when he shed his blood for us, therefore becoming the perfect advocate between us and God.

By accepting God's gift of salvation through the blood of Christ, we become partakers with Him sharing in His glory.

• 5 weeks later...

Jesus the perfect Leader for Salvation and bring the sons and daughters, and multitudes to God and be in Heaven with Jesus in his Glory now, Jesus asked God to look after the sons and daughters on earth until he went to heaven and they would be there with Jesus.What does it mean...In what sense... He proved Himself Perfect and was chosen to be a High Priest with the same rank as Melchizedek. What implications for our own lives... To have Biblical understandng, keep on the right road, study and be alert always and be aware also of biblical prophecy. And pray always, for understanding.

• 2 months later...

Q3. (Hebrews 2:10)

What does it mean, to bring many sons and daughters "to glory"?

It is because of the redemptive work of Jesus that we are led into the glory with which the Son is crowned.

Our Lord Jesus is perfect, without sin or blemish. Here the word points to the work of salvation he performed on behalf of us all.

When we consider our own worthlessness, it staggers us to think that He would have even bothered with us, but it is because He is the God of all grace that He has called us to His eternal glory.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thru the death of Christ we have been set free of the bondage of satan, allowing us to follow our Captain, Leader, who is Jesus, because of His sacrifice He gave us a path to God and all His glory. Jesus became perfect thru His suffering as He with stood all tribulations and temptations that satan brought to Him. He not ony endured them all, but triumphed over them all including death. Because of Jesus I have been set free, to live for Him, which means listening, following, doing ,worshipping Him. It is not free to do as my own free will, but include Christ in all that I do, and would like to do.

• 2 months later...