JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

I'm glad you've signed up for the Behold the Lamb of God study. Please tell us something about yourself.

I'm the director of the study, Ralph F. Wilson. I'm the Community Outreach Pastor at Sierra Christian Church in Loomis, California, and have been developing online Bible studies for the past six years.

Good morning World!!!!!!!! I am now emerged in the Moses Study and it is so wonderful that I could not resist signing up for this study since Passover is upon us. I have a hunger and a thirst for the Word and Pastor Ralph seems to have a bottomless well to quench my thirst and a storehouse of food to feed my hunger. I eagerly wait the New Testament approach in "Behold the Lamb of God" study as I complete the Old Testament with Moses. It is literally the Alpha and Omega of God! :rolleyes: Bring it on!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you've signed up for the Behold the Lamb of God study. Please tell us something about yourself.

I'm the director of the study, Ralph F. Wilson. I'm the Community Outreach Pastor at Sierra Christian Church in Loomis, California, and have been developing online Bible studies for the past six years.

[/size

My name is Peggy Griffin and I work in child welfare. I am a member of New City Fellowship, Lancaster PA. I am currently the "Acting Music Coordinator" for our small congregation and very much enjoy participating on the worship team. Ours is an inner-city church plant. Please pray that God would send us a Music Director and also increase our outreach to the surrounding community.

Hi My name is Donna. I am new to online Bible Studies. I thought I would give it a try and see if I could keep on track. Life is so busy. I attend a non-denominational Contemporary Fellowship in my home town. It is very unique to this area but I love it. We are growing by leaps and bounds. We target the unchurched and pray we reach those others label as unlovable. Yours in Christ, Donna

Hi, My name is Jill. I am from Baton Rouge, LA. I grew up in a small town as a Catholic and don't remember reading much of the bible except during the church readings on Sunday. I hope to gain strength in my faith and in getting closer to GOD by reading his word.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi! I am Rose Kasimu,and above all Jesus is Lord and Saviour of my soul. I am a mother of one and a Secretary by profession, working with Anglican Church of Kenya. In my local Church I am a Sunday school teacher. I love sharing the word of God and testimonies with other brethren. I love Bible Study so much and so I feel being in the right place. I am so delighted to have registered to the forums today something that I have tried all along in vain. God bless.

• 1 month later...

My name is Trevor and I live in Whakatane in the North island of New Zealand. I am a widower, 59 years old and love Jesus. I worship at the Salvation Army Church. I teach a bible study group and have found that when I teach I realise how much i don't know.But I know the Holy Spirit leads me and I am looking forward to doing as much study as I can from your site. I can't get enough of jesus!

Praise, Worship and Glorify our Lord, Savior and King Jesus Christ

My name is Jeffrey,

I was born and raised Baptist, and then one day I was witnessed to about truly being born again. Therefore by the Grace of God through Faith I Repented Got water Baptized again this time with the name of Jesus Christ called out over me (the first time I Got baptized at the Baptist Church they said in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Ghost) and I received the Holy Ghost speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance, In Other words I got born again, I see and entered the Kingdom of God.

My Prayer is that we all will: Grow in Grace and in the Knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to Him be Glory both now and for ever. Amen (ref. 2 Peter 3:18)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

My name is Betty Sienkiewicz and I found this site when searching for a study on Hebrews. I'm the mother of two girls and the wife of one man. (lol) I've been a member of St. Mark's United Methodist church since I was four years old, but consider myself not a Methodist but a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ. I enjoy volunteering at my youngest's school, caring for my 3 dogs and 2 cats, reading, walking, traveling, and of course, sitting at the feet of Jesus. I'm looking forward to this study!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi my name is Murray and I live in New Zealand, Ashburton, on the Canterbury plains east coast of the South Island. I am looking forward to studying the gospel of John and this the first study I have done.

I pariticipated in the email only bible studies when we were put into groups. That seems a world away now. Those were the days when I would have said I was tying to survive a difficult marriage. Today I am recovering after the Lord rescued me what I would now describe as a long and abusive marriage. Those were the days when I feared divorce. Today I am thankful for that being part of God's rescue plan for me. 

I had found myself in quicksand. As I struggled I sank further and further until I was only surviving because of a God given-breathing tube. When I finally agreed to being rescued, and did not put any conditions on how that happened. Everything was organised for me. I now look back and wonder if some of the folk at church actually prayed me out of that situation. I did not dare ask them before I moved on to pastures new.  

See what I mean about the old studies seeming to be a world away. My life has changed so much since then that it really does seem like a dfferent world. 

My journey has left me with some unusual interpretations of some bible passages. So beware.   

Oops I did not mention where I am. I am in north east England at the moment. I live in a different village in County Durham now than I did then. However, at the beginning of September 2012 I decided that I should be trying to move closer to my family who are clustered in the Chester/North Wales area. I am still trying. A load of my stuff went before me into storage in November 2012, including most of my books including commentaries and some of my less used bibles. So I am commited to going forwards and moving but no one will buy this house so I cannot move. I cannot even look for a new home or do anything more  about settling down there.

One of these days at the right time I will move but it is something of a test. My prayer to start with was to move and be settled somewhere before my mum's 80th birthday. That is now 3 1/2 months away. Its still possible but it is now a lot tighter timing than I wanted. 

Susan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
My name is Frank, I'm from Albuqureque NM. I'm a disabled veteren. I've been born again for 15 years. I love the Lord and studing his words of life.My biggest prayer in life is that I become more of a doer not just a hearer of his word I do fail him daily. My spiritual growth is very importat to me.So that I may become more and more molded to be like him.

I'm glad you've signed up for the Behold the Lamb of God study. Please tell us something about yourself. I hope to someday start a bible study group for our youth.

• 6 months later...

Hi fellow Bible study students. My name is Jim Hinck and I live in Madrid TWP, Maine. I have one daughter and three step children who gave me 9 wonderful grandchildren. I am retired from the United States Air Force. I received a Master' Degree from Colorado Technical Universitty online in Business Administration with a concentration in Health Management. I was baptized on three separate occaasions; when I was a baby by pouring, again later in life by sprinkles. As I began to do a Bible Study in the Book of Acts, I found that you must be baptized by complete immersion to show Jesus' lying in the tomb for three days and as you are lifted up out of the water it represents Jesus' resurrection. I am looking forward to chatting with you about our Bible study in this forum. God bless you all.

• 4 months later...

@kings_kid  Jim, I so agree with you.  started Bible College at age 60, graduated and have since earned BOTH a Master in Theology and a Doctor in Theology degree.  I have had two books published and am SO HUNGRY FOR GOD and His Word.  I also have been baptised by sprinkling and by immersion (twice)  Once ion my church and then when In Israel at the River Jordan.  What a blessed event  Baptism is!!!