JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Psalm 91

Psalm 91 teaches us about the great power of God our maker, it reinforces the authority He has given to us to have dominion above all things, but we can only be able to exercise such dominion by first of all having strong belief in God and his son Jesus then all others we be given unto us and that includes protection.

when faced with storms and obstacles, just call on God and keep calling on God for he will surely be God indeed.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On September 11 America was attacked again. We call it 911 which is also our emergency number but a long time ago the writer of the 91st Psalms wrote verse 11. This is the Christian's 911-Psalms chapter 91 verse 11. He IS my refuge and fortress in Him will I always trust.

• 1 month later...
Q2. (Psalm 91) What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger? What does it teach about our authority to vanquish our enemies? What promises does Psalm 91 contain? How does this psalm make you feel?

To me this Psalm is a psam of security. Those who commit themselves to the will amd protection of the Almighty and daily seek to dwell in God's presence, has his protection. The more fully we abide in Christ and His word, making Him our life and dwellingplace, the fuller will be our peace and the greater our deliverance in times of danger. We have the authority to send the devil fleeing, we have the power to put him under our feet. That power is in THE NAME OF JESUS! The promises: He will rescue me, He will protect me, He will answer me, He will be with me in trouble, He will deliver me, He will honor me, He will give me long life, and He will show me His salvation. I like manyh of the psalms, but I think I can say Psalm 91 is my favorite. Of all my trials and testing, I go to this Psalm. I feel the security of the Almighty God. I am reassured and comforted, that my Lord is always with me and I have angels for protection. Blessed be the name of the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come! Praise His wonderful name.

• 2 weeks later...

(Psalm 91) What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger? What does it teach about our authority to vanquish our enemies? What promises does Psalm 91 contain? How does this psalm make you feel? God is with us He will protect us, He is our safety place. Because of Him we do not fear those things that comes up against us, because it cannot touch us even though we will see it , He promises us that He will rescue those of us that Love him, He will protect us, answer us when we call on him, will be with me in trouble, rescue me. We must make so hard decision sometime to separate ourself from those that are amonst us in order to stay faithful to God will for our life so that Psalm 91 can become real to us. I Love you Lord and thank you for giving me the choice to choose salvation.

• 2 months later...

Q2. (Psalm 91) What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger?

ANS: We can rest in God's protection. Many images are given to us in this Psalm to show us we can trust in Him. If we trust in Him then no harm will befall us; we do not have to be afraid.

What does it teach about our authority to vanquish our enemies?

ANS: Vs. 13 gives us the promise that we will tread upon, and defeat, the powers that would come against us. God's power is so much greater than any power the enemy has.

What promises does Psalm 91 contain? How does this psalm make you feel?

ANS: In verse 14 - 16 there are eight promises given to us - He rescues us, protects us, answers us, He is with us, He delivers us, honors us, satisfies us, and shows us His salvation. We have an awesome God who will watch over us and protect us always.

• 1 month later...

Q2. (Psalm 91) What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger? What does it teach about our authority to vanquish our enemies? What promises does Psalm 91 contain? How does this psalm make you feel?

It teaches us that He will always protect us.

It's not us beating our enemies - it's Him.

vs. 15 promise us that if we cry for rescue, He will come.

In reality it doesn't work that way.

For example this year in Kenia, people hide in a church, praying.

The enemies found the people together and didn't have to do any effort to kill them.

They just set the church on fire.

He can save the body but maybe this psalm is just about saving the soul.

• 3 weeks later...

God's protection is constant, his protection overshadowing. As long as we love him, know his name and call upon him, his protection is unconditional. There is grace however for those who do not know him or call upon him for a certain time in their life because of the call and destiny in their life, but if they miss the opportunity for change and growth, then his hand of grace might lift off of them. The authority God has given us is the same as Jesus. We speak it then it shall be done. The promises God has made was to protect us, shelter us to fight off the demons for us, and to equip us. This psalm being very popular in my own study has great meaning to me. Knowing that God will protect me so that I no longer have to fear... Finally I can relax and be confident that I will arrive to my destination.

• 2 weeks later...

It is good for me to experience this Psalm today. I'm a little weary, and the work i need to get done is blocked by other people. This Psalm reminds me to call on God in prayer before I speak to anyone about this problems at hand. I do not need to be working these "issues" alone. He already reminded my with a beautiful sign of 4-5 baby deers running across in front of my car at 3:45 AM while I was driving to work. We need to always call on the Lord, first to thank Him for all he has done for us, second to remember that He has always helped us get what we need. Too easy to forget Him when stress and fatigue come into our minds. He is our refuge and our strength. he is our rock, our all-in-all. Praise God in the highest.

• 4 months later...

Gods protection is always there! 24/7! His protection is because He loves us, not relying on whether or not we love him. His protection is there, whether or not we know we are in danger.

Our authority is through Christ alone. It teaches us that, yes we do have authority over darkness, and no, we should not be scared.

The promises from God in this chapter are to protect us from natural and supernatural. He has equipped us for all that we need to do. We are delivered, we are set high, He will answer us when we call on Him, we will have a long life, He will show us his salvation.

This Psalm makes me feel amazing! I feel excited and joyful at the Lord's promises to me! I feel empowered, not scared of what may come my way! I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!

• 2 months later...

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=674

Psa 91:1 Whoever goes to the LORD for safety, whoever remains under the protection of the Almighty?

Psa 91:2 can say to him, "You are my defender and protector. You are my God; in you I trust."

Psa 91:3 He will keep you safe from all hidden dangers and from all deadly diseases.

Psa 91:4 He will cover you with his wings; you will be safe in his care; his faithfulness will protect and defend you.

Psa 91:5 you need not fear any dangers at night or sudden attacks during the day

Psa 91:6 or the plagues that strike in the dark or the evils that kills in daylight.

Psa 91:7 a thousand may fall dead beside you, ten thousand all around you, but you will not be harmed.

Psa 91:8 You will look and see how the wicked are punished.

Psa 91:9 You have made the LORD your defender, the Most High your protector,

Psa 91:10 and so no disaster will strike you, no violence will come near your home.

Psa 91:11 God will put his angels in charge of you to protect you wherever you go.

Psa 91:12 They will hold you up with their hands to keep you from hurting your feet on the stones.

Psa 91:13 You will trample down lions and snakes, fierce lions and poisonous snakes.

Psa 91:14 God says, "I will save those who love me and will protect those who acknowledge me as LORD.

Psa 91:15 When they call to me, I will answer them; when they are in trouble, I will be with them. I will rescue them and honour them.

Psa 91:16 I will reward them with long life; I will save them."

This teaches us that just as God is our provider, He is our protector as well. What a mighty bodyguard we have, the ultimate in personal safety.

This gives us authority in God

This psalm teaches that he will hide us under his shadow that we can seek and look for protection under his wing.That his faith is our shield.that many testes will come but it will not touch you.Sickness will come to your house.He will give yu an angel that will protection you and guard you.

It teaches that we have power given to us and that we have an angel that will guard us in all our ways.that we have a sheild and a hiding place under his wing and shadow.

It promise us that he will deliver us and and secure us on high becaudse he knowns us by name.He will be with us in trouble and when we call him he will answer, in trouble he will be there and also he will rescue me.

This psalm make me feel that God is all ways there even when we think he is not. He give us this psalm to make sure that we have something to go to and read his promise this is the psalm that Gog gove me when I was going though so much in my life. I say this every day and night.

• 4 weeks later...

That He is with me ( watching out for me). That through Christ I have been given authority over them and I need to start acting like what the word says I am. That He will rescue me,protect me,answer when I call,and even when I don't.

He will also deliver me,honor me,(can you imagine that!),He will satisfy me , give me long life, and show me salvation. I feel safe!

• 3 weeks later...

This psalm teaches us that God is always available to us in fact he has already determined how he will protect us if we would but trust him. As we advance through dangerous territory in our lifes God acts as our shield. Our authority lays with our trust in God. Our power to defeat the enemy lies in our remaining connected and shielded by God. God promises to we will not fear, that destruction will not overcome us, he will commission his angels to lift us up in his hands above the danger. This psalm makes me hopeful and grateful.

• 3 months later...

Q2. (Psalm 91)

Lesson 6

Gods protection from danger shows that their is no danger to a godly person who knows God.

We will trample our enemies under foot.

The Psalm promises that if you live in Gods house, you will be living in his shadow. Because its Him who rescues and protects you. What happens right next to you will not hurt you if you are godly. His helpers will look after you.

I am promised to be rescued and to see His salvation.

That makes me feel relieved.

Q2. (Psalm 91)

What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger?

Whoever trusts our Heavenly Father will find security and protection. Divine protection is portrayed by several images: shelter (a hiding place) and the shadow (against arid conditions), fortress (strong protection), refuge (a dwelling place), feathers and wings (God

• 2 weeks later...

There is no fear and we are completely safe and secure in God when we face danger. He gives us authority to conquer our enemies. God promises to rescue and protect His children. He will deliver them and give them long life. I feel safe and loved by God because of this psalm.

• 6 months later...

Q2. (Psalm 91) What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger?

God's protection comes from His secret place, and allows me to remain stable and fixed and unmoved during trouble. He is my Refuge, Fortress, Strong tower. He is Reliable, Trustworthy, my Deliverer, Who snuggles me close to His breast and hides me beneath His Wings. He gives His angels especial charge over me to accompany, defend and preserve me.

We vanquish our enemies by crying to our Father for help and deliverance. His power and authority are what tramples our enemies.He gives us the authority in Jesus' Name to trample our enemies underfoot. V 13.

What promises does Psalm 91 contain?

When I call upon Him, He WILL answer me. He WILL be with me in trouble. He WILL deliver me and honor me. He WILL satisfy me with long life (eternal life) and satisfy me. He WILL set me on high (In Christ I am now seated with him in Heavenly places) He WILL never forsake me nor leave..no not EVER! He is merciful, loving, and kind. He promises we WILL trample our enemies underfoot. His angels will guard and protect us. He is my dwelling place and refuge. He hides me as I witness the destruction of my enemies. Thousands may fall at my side but it shall not come near me. He promises that I need not fear the terror of night, (terrorists, snipers, missiles,) or slanderers. He is my shield and buckler. He delivers me, and is my refuge and fortress. He protects me from deadly pestilence. He promises I can lean on Him. He is my God Who has all power and might to defend me!!!

How does this psalm make you feel?

I feel cherished, reassured, protected, peaceful, nurtured, safe, beloved and thankful that I am His.

• 4 months later...

Psalm 91 is a wonderful psalm which contains great promise of safety, help and protection of God to those who trust in Him. Psalm 91 is like a insurance cover from God if you live by his word here on earth. It gives you a gurantee that you are 100% protected against all evil.

God is our source of life and existence here on earth. When we give God the first place in our lives, dwell in his presence daily in worship and prayer then God promises to keep us safe in times of danger.

When I abide in God and He in me.He will protect me from all hidden dangers and deadly diseases.He will cover me with his wings and I am safe.He will protect me from the dangers at night or day. He will protect me from every harm and evil. When I live a life pleasing to the Lord God,His protection is guaranteed for me and my family . He shall protect me from every disease,accident,misfortune etc.When I walk in the right paths He watches over all my ways I shall fear nothing because his faithfulness shall defend and protect me.

When we have a strong relationship with our God,He gives us authority to fight our enemies. We can trample down under our feet the deadly lions and the serpents . Through the annointing grace of God, we can stand against the enemy. We can fight out anything by the power of His word. No weapon shall prosper . I can put on the full armor of God and I can protect myself against the enemy.

Psalm 91 is a psalm full of promises of God to those who take refuge in Him and live a life obedient to Him. It contains the following promises

Safety from hidden dangers,diseases,attacks,violence calamities etc.

Angels are dispatched from Heaven concerning us. God will position angels to walk with us and protect us from all harm .Our feet will shall not strike against the stones.

The punsihment will go to the wicked but not the righteous. God will protect us though thousands may perish around us at the face of any calamity.

Disasters and violence will not come near my dwelling

God will save us and protect me when I acknowledge Him as my God.

He will answer me when I call on His name

He will cover me under his mighty wings of love .

He will honor us.

He shall increase the days of our life and give us long satisfying life because I love him.

Psalm 91 increases my faith and trust in God everytime i say it aloud. We have been reciting this psalm in our family for many many years now day and night and I stand witness to the protection of God promised here over my life. He has kept me and my family safe from every danger and angels have protected us from dashing against any stone. When we dwell in his house,constantly praying, seeking him and doing his will,surely the good Lord has honored us. He has kept our home safe from violence and answered us in times of trouble. Psalm 91 is a psalm with which i communicate to my God daily. He reminds me what he has for me when i trust in his unfailing love for me. Like David I run to god with hope that he will answer me when I cry out to Him.

we learn from Psalm 91 that when we abide in God's presence and rest in His presence- God protects us from all harm and danger. Remaining in His presence we can boldly declare that God is my fortress, God is my strength and are confident that no harm can come near us. we are completely secured in God's presence and we never fear arrows that fly by day, fear and terror of any kind. God's protection is so powerful that even thousands fall at our side we are not harmed. when I love God with all my heart and my mind, i obey His word and live a life pleasing to Him then God protects me from all danger, evil and harm and i walk with confidence knowing God protects me and my household from all kinds of evil and danger.

when I love God and serve him with all my heart i become more than a conqueror. God gives me the authority to stamp the works of the enemy and enemy flees when i am completely covered by God's presence and the Blood of Jesus Christ -God's son gives me victory in all circumstances.

Psalm 91:9-- when I dwell in the presence of the Most High God no harm shall befall me, no disaster will come near my home and God will put his angels in charge of me so that i am guarded from all danger and evil.

Psalm91:14- when i love God with all my heart and give Him the first place in my life- He rescues me , protects me. when i call on His Name- He answers me, he delivers me from all trouble, honors me and satisfies me long and abundant life.

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

still working on this answer

Psalm 91

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”

Surely he will save you
    from the fowler’s snare
    and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
    nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
    ten thousand at your right hand,
    but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes
    and see the punishment of the wicked.

If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
    and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
    no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
    you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.”

Protection when in danger?

He will save us (v3)

We will find refuge in him, as chickens find refuge under their mother's wings (v4)

No harm will overtake us, no disaster will come near us (v10).

Because we love him and acknowledge his name, he will protect and rescue us (v14). He will show us his salvation (v16)

What promises does Psalm 91 contain?

See answer q3

• 1 month later...

This Psalm has meant a lot to me and I have spent many months soaking it up the protection he promises us from so many situations is comforting. There is an if clause, He who abides in the shadow of the almighty and makes his habitation with Him will receive these promises. As the world gets more and more evil we need to draw closer to our protector. I have committed this Psalm to memory for that reason.

• 4 months later...

Psalm 91 teaches me that I can always trust God to protect in any danger or trail as long as I am committed to following Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

Psalm 91 says that through my belief in Jesus I have the power to overcome all of the powers of the enemy. Nothing will harm me.

The promises contained in this psalm are amazing. God says he will protect me, rescue me, answer me, be with mr in times of trouble, honor me, give me a long life and show me his salvation.

This psalm is amazinf it make me feel like a superhero. Who can harm me with God on my side. 

• 11 months later...

Q2. (Psalm 91) What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger? What does it teach about our authority to vanquish our enemies? What promises does Psalm 91 contain? How does this psalm make you feel . 

God promises that for those who love him and trust him that we will be protected from danger. For God said - you will not strike your foot against a stone." (91:11)

The psalmist  said that we will be protected from the Fowler's snare. Metaphorically the Fowler's snare is to be considered our enemy for certainly he would be the enemy of the animals but he trapped. If we are to be protected From The Snare then we would be able to Vanquish the fowler himself, the devil.

Psalm 91 promises us protection, rescue, long life, salvation, the deliverance and honor. We are also promised to be delivered from all trouble and when we pray God will answer us. Oh what wonderful promises.