JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Psalm 91

Q2. (Psalm 91) What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger? What does it teach about our authority to vanquish our enemies? What promises does Psalm 91 contain? How does this psalm make you feel?

This psalm teaches that "If you make the Most High your dwelling - even the Lord, who is my refuge - then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent." v. 9 Additionally, he will command His angels to watch over and protect those who love the Lord God Amighty.

This psalm also teaches that God's people "...will tread upon the lion and the cobra; ... will trample the great lion and the serpent." V. 13.

Psalms 91 promises protection to those who love the Lord God and seek their refuge and protection in Him. This makes me feel confident that God will do what He says He will do. I put my trust and faith in God Almighty and I trust He will take care of me.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It teaches that GOD has angles who he sends to protect us and keep us safe under their wings,as a result of our constant love and trust in GOD.

When we trust in GOD we have the power that pretects us form making wrong choices(our enemies) and live a good life.

If you are a godly person he will rescue from harm, honor you, give you a long happy life,and show you his salvation.

It made me confident that I can face danger and a troubled heart with out fear. He will be near me at all times.

Q2. (Psalm 91) What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger? What does it teach about our authority to vanquish our enemies? What promises does Psalm 91 contain? How does this psalm make you feel?

It teach that God is our protector, and if we make the Most High our dwelling place, and abide with God; when in danger He will save us from the Fowler's Snare, from deadly pestilence; God will protect us from the terrors of both night and day, while we sleep and when we are awake, it will not come near us, because He will command his Angels concerning us to guard us in all our ways.

It teach us that we have the authority to vanquish our enemies in Jesus name. We have power greater than that of our powerful enemy. we can tread upon the lion and the cobra, and nothing will harm us.

The Psalm promises that God will resue- protect- answer- be with us in trouble- deliver- honor - satisfy us with long life and will show us his salvation.

The psalm make me feel that God's protection can extend both to the plots of evil men, and the diseases that ravage mankind.

This Psalm teach us that when we put our trust in God, He will not leave us in time of danger, He will protect us in midst of danger.

If we fully put our trust in Him, He will also fight for us our enemies.

God doesn

When in danger. Trust in God and he will protect us.

Beleive in the Lord and he will order his angels to protect us from all evil.

The promise of Psalm 91.

If we trust in the Lord he will protect us and reward us with a long life

The more I study my bible the more secure I feel daily.

This Psalm teaches us that if we believe and love in the Lord and acknowledge His name, he will rescue us and protect us and not leave us when we are in trouble.

The Lord has given us the authority to fight on the offensive against our enemies and make strides to overcome our enemy.

The Lord promises to: rescue, protect, answer, be with us in trouble, deliver and honor us, give us long life and show us his salvation.

This Psalm makes me feel like there is nothing I need to be afraid of because he is always with me willing to help me through all the strife. Wow!!! What a wonderful thing to know!!!

What this psalm teaches us about God's protection when we're in danger is, as long as we continue to trust and abide in Him,

the Lord will be our shelter and refuge in times of danger.

What this teaches us about our authority to vanquish our enemies is, that God has given us power and authority over the devil and his minions.

Promises that Psalm 91 contain are:

1] He will rescue us

2] He will protect us

3] He will answer us when we call on Him

4] He will be with us when we're in trouble

5] He will deliver us from our enemies

6] He will honor us

7] He will satisfy us with long life

8] He will show us His salvation

Reading this psalm makes me feel secure in knowing I am under the Lord's protection and that I have nothing to fear as long as I continue to trust and abide in Him.

1. The psalm first of all reminds us of who God is:

God is The Most High, The Exalted God, the God higher than

every false god.

God is The Almighty, the God of Might, the ruler of all.

God is The LORD or Yahweh, the great I Am, the eternally existent God.

God is the Strong One.

2. Next the psalm shows us what God can do for us:

This Great & Mighty God is able to hide us in His secret place;provide a shade of protection under the shadow of His wings;is able to give us refuge in time of need;is stronghold & a fortress;is able to shield us from the enemies attacks & plots;& is our safe dwelling place!Wow! How beautifully the Lord has prepared & promised for our safety !

3. Once we know are able to get the right perspective of who God is & abide with Him,then our confidence & trust in Him will grow more & more; we will not panic in times of need but will be able to trust Him for our protection.

4.It teaches us about how we need not only be in the defensive but also in the offensive & destroy, tread & trample the enemy & his wicked schemes & plots. This is possible because of the power & authority that is given to us in the Name of Jesus!

5. Promises of angelic protection;of rescuing us ;of answering us;of being with us in trouble ;of delivering us; of honoring us;of satisfying us with a long life ;& of showing us His salvation.

6. These promises makes me feel safe & secure & increases my faith in my God!

What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger? What does it teach about our authority to vanquish our enemies? What promises does Psalm 91 contain? How does this psalm make you feel?

When we are in danger,it shows that when we come to God and are obedient to His ways that He will protect us under his wings.We can be able to say that He is our fortess and our refuge in times when the enemy is all around us or people are trying to hurt us.THe authority that we have is that when we make God our refuge then we can be able to trample the fowler and the powerful lion cause we have a mission to conquer the bad with the good,by the power of Jesus name is greater than anythin possible.The promises that are contained in the Psalm is that when we call upon the Lord He will be able to recue us,he will protect us,he will be with us in the moment of trouble,deliver us and honor us,satisfying us with long life and God will show us salvation.I feel confident in the psalm because when i cry out to God i know that He will be there if i remain faithful to him

This beautiful Psalm teaches me that as long as I dwell in His presence and abide there, He will be my protector, my refuge, my God, my Savior and Lord. It also teaches us that He is and will ever be with us. I am reminded of His words of promise, "and lo I am with you even unto the end of the world." It also teaches us that in danger he will be our hiding place and will deliver us from the hand of the enemy.

We have the power through the name of the Lord to command the enemy to flee. The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run into it and they are saved, protected, unharmed.

The honor to abide under the shadow of the Almighty

Protection

Will deliver from the snare of the fowler

Will cover us with his feathers

No evil will befall us, protection

His angels will have charge over us to keep us in all our ways

When we call upon the name of the Lord, He will deliver us and answer

We will be satisfied, and shown salvation

He will honor us

I feel loved, honored, awed, grateful, thankful, humbled, protected, confidence through the Lord. I feel His arms of love around me. Praise His Holy Name!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It teaches us that With God on our side nothing can touch us. In Jesus name we can do anything. Thepsalm promises that God will rescue and protect us, he will answer us and be with us in trouble, he will deliver us and honor us and give us long life and salvation. It makes me feel Great to know that i'm looked after and loved by God.

It teaches simply that God IS our protector. no matter what the enemy throws our way GOD is the one who will protect and destroy our enemies. The battle is not mine but the LORDS. HE is the one doing the fighting. My job is to praise HIM, love HIM, and serve HIM. He promisses to rescue,protect, answer, to be there in time of trouble. It all makes me to feel safe knowing I am sheltered in the arms of a loving and powerful GOD!

Psalm 91 teaches us that when in danger we can have faith in God because He is able to protect and deliver us. In fact when we are afraid, we should run and take cover under His protective wings as little chicks do when threatened by danger.

We learn from this Psalm that because God is with us (in us) and is our fortress and strength, we have the authority to overcome all the power of the enemy.

God promises to protect, rescue, answer when we call, be with us in trouble, deliver, honor, satisfy us with long life and to show us his salvation.

• 3 weeks later...

God wants a relationship with us. We only need to want one too. When we have this relationship, He promises to be there for us, to rescue, protect, etc as per lesson. This psalm makes me feel thankful, but also somewhat overwhelmed. God wants me to know him, and he does all the giving.

• 2 months later...

What does this psalm teach us about God's protection when in danger?

That those who are in constant communion with God, are always safe under his protection and may have peace of mind at all times. "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow shadow of the Almighty." " I will say of the Lord, " He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust."

What does it teach about our authority to vanquish our enemies?

Verses 9-13 tell us that that the man who dwells in God will be secure. He who makes God his refuge shall find him a refuge. For he shall give his angels charge over thee. They will lift you up in their hands so that your foot will not touch a stone. This tells us that those who know God by name can be assured that he will deliver them out of trouble and whatever troubles happens to us he will not allow us to be harmed.

What promises does Psalm 91 contain?

If we love, reverence and obey God; Because He loves us," says the Lord, I will rescue him;I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in times of trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life, will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

How does this psalm make you feel?

This psalms brings to life in me " if you draw nigh unto me, I will draw nigh unto you." That if I continue to trust God in all situations, that He will protect and keep me in perfect peace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

GOD PROTECTS THOSE WHO BELONG TO HIM AND ABIDES IN HIS PRESENCE.HE WHO DWELLS OR ABIDES IN THE SECRET PLACE OF PRAYER WITH GOD, WHO SPENDS TIME WITH HIM AND HAS A RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM SHALL BE PROTECTED IN TIMES OF TROUBLE.WE CAN REST IN TIMES OF DANGER KNOWING HE'S GOT US COVERED BENEATH HIS WINGS LIKE A MOTHER HEN COVERS HER CHICKS FROM DANGER.

WE HAVE POWER TO TREAD UPON THE SERPENTS AND EVIL SPIRITS SENT BY THE ENEMY TO DESTROY US.NOT ONLY DOES HE PROTECT US, BUT HE HAS GIVEN US POWER IN HIS NAME TO TRAMPLE UPON THE SNAKES AND SCORPIONS, AND THEY SHALL NOT HARM US..LUKE 10:19.

HE PROMISES TO: RESCUE ME, PROTECT ME, ANSWER ME, BE WITH ME IN TROUBLE, DELIVER ME, HONOR ME, SATISFY ME WITH LONG LIFE AND SHOW ME HIS SALVATION.THIS PSALM MAKES ME FEEL SECURE, CONFIDENT, PROTECTED AND LOVED BY MY HEAVENLY FATHER..GLORY.

• 4 weeks later...

Psalm 91

If we stay with God, we will be protected from such traps. A young bird can also easily die of a contagious disease. Away from God, our very existence is at stake; with God we are safe. Night is synonymous with terror, for a young bird doesn

• 2 weeks later...
the Psalm teaches us when we sense we have the reality of God in life to squelch any fears that we have. we only have to ask for his protection and desire to be his presence, because as long as we are in His presence nothing can harm us. God has also given us power to fight off our attacker all we have to do is speak deliverance from our attackers in the name of Jesus. This Psalm that we have absolute covering of God by those who are His children, and makes me glad to know that I have received His salvation and His protection

• 1 month later...

As long as we rely on him, seek Him, he will protect us when in danger. We have the authority through Christ to fight against our enemies and He will help us. The promises in this psalm are

1. I will rescue him

2. I will protect him

3. I will answer him

4. I will be with him in trouble

5. I will deliver him

6. I will honor him

7. I will satisfy him with long life

8. I will show him my salvation.

This psalm makes me feel confident that with God, I can overcome anything.

The psalm teaches us to rely on the Lord for absolute protection against a host of dangers, which are listed and which include evil, terror, arrows, disease, death, ensnarement, and fear.

Without God, we have no certainty of vanquishing any enemy. With God, we can vanquish all enemies, for God will send angels "to keep thee in all ways."

I felt less afraid of everything than I usually am, and again, gratitude that He is there with such bountiful love and care. With God, my fear is gone because I am not relying on my own feeble and finite strength and wit to solve problems or accept what is.

I was very impressed by verses 14-16, where the psalmist, speaking of God, promises to deliver God, to answer Him, be with Him in times of trouble, and set Him on high. These are the very things that elsewhere the supplicant usually desires and asks God to do for him, and not usually him for God. I see a curious and beautiful symbiosis and reciprocity of promise and gifting in these verses, caused, as the psalmist says, because God knows his name and loves him, just as the psalmist knows God's name and loves Him. It could be that the psalmist is adopting the voice of God to speak of the supplicant, but this is not indicated, and the ambiguity created is intriguing.

• 2 months later...