JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Psalm 145

Q2. (Psalm 145) Which aspects of God's character mentioned in Psalm 145 stand out to you in particular? Why is it important for "every creature," every human being, to praise him? What are you doing to help that happen?

Verse 18: "The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on Him in truth." This verse is reassuring to me in that it reveals that God is close at hand and He responds to those who seek a relationship with Him in truth and sincerely.

It is important for creatures and human beings to praise Him because He is God. By praising Him we humble ourselves and enthrone Him in our lives.

I set aside time to praise and worship God in my private life and lead corporate worship and praise as Pastor of my church and as head of my family.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His "being near" and "watching over" stand out to me. It is important to praise God because we were created to give Him praise, it is our purpose. In doing so, we build a relationship with Him as well as sharing with others and passing on our faith to our family, children, and others (through prayer, songs, and sharing faith experiences.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Q2. (Psalm 145) Which aspects of God's character mentioned in Psalm 145 stand out to you in particular? Why is it important for "every creature," every human being, to praise him? What are you doing to help that happen?

How he is faithfull and how he hears our crys and saves us .

It is important for every creature to praise him because it is a fulfillment of what is said in Revelation.

Trying to learn more about him through reading his word and going to my cell group.

The Lord is near to all that call on HIM, and The Lord upholdeth all that fall.

I have learned in the years that I have served God that Praise is a necessity. Praise prepares you for worship. It give God the honor and glory that is due HIM. He is Worthy of our highest praise. If you want to see things change in your life try praising HIM.

I try to praise HIM rather that ask for this and that all the time. I praise HIM for what HE has done and for what HE is going to do. I do not praise HIM near enough. I try to tell others of HIS greatness as well.

• 2 months later...

Q2. (Psalm 145) Which aspects of God's character mentioned in Psalm 145 stand out to you in particular?

Faithful: The LORD is faithful to all His promises.

Righteous: The LORD is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made.

Why is it important for "every creature," every human being, to praise him?

He is worthy of our praise for all He has done for us.

What are you doing to help that happen?

Through prayer and praise, but I need to do it more. :unsure:

Which aspects of God's character mentioned in Psalm 145 stand out to you in particular?

His goodness and righteousness. His goodness and righteousness extends to all without prejudice or discrimination. He is compassionzate to all of His children without exception.

God protects and provides for His children who are burdened down with the cares of life. He lifts up those who have given in to the pressures and problems of this world. We all look to Him in dependence and expectation and He provides with what is needed. With no greater effort than opening His hand He is able to meet the needs of all of His children. He invites us to cast our cares on Him and He tenderly and lovingly watch over those of us who love Him.

We are our brothers keeper. This does not mean just physically , but emotionally and spiritually as well. Just as God loves and protects us, we must tell others of God's love and goodness. I teach Sunday School, Bible Study, do workplace witness and every where I go, I constantly give God praise, honor and glory. I try always lift Christ up, but sometimes, I get so bogged down with meaningless things, doing God's work with my hands, but not with my heart. So pray for me to seek God first to determine what He wants me to do, so that although I'm doing busy work for God, it may not be needful or neccessarily the work He has planned for me.

Which aspects of God's character mentioned in Psalm 145 stand out to you in particular?

His goodness and righteousness. His goodness and righteousness extends to all without prejudice or discrimination. He is compassionate to all of His children without exception.

God protects and provides for His children who are burdened down with the cares of life. He lifts up those who have given in to the pressures and problems of this world. We all look to Him in dependence and expectation and He provides us with what is needed. With no greater effort than opening His hand He is able to meet the needs of all of His children. He invites us to cast our cares on Him and He tenderly and lovingly watch over those of us who love Him.

We are our brothers keeper. This does not mean just physically , but emotionally and spiritually as well. Just as God loves and protects us, we must tell others of God's love and goodness. I teach Sunday School, Bible Study, do workplace witness and every where I go, I constantly give God praise, honor and glory. I try always lift Christ up, but sometimes, I get so bogged down with meaningless things, doing God's work with my hands, but not with my heart. So pray for me to seek God first to determine what He wants me to do, so that although I'm doing busy work for God, it may not be needful or neccessarily the work He has planned for me.

• 4 months later...

Power and endurance stand out to me in this psalm. I am amazed and awestruck by the psalmist's address of our Maker's power in verse 16, "Thou openest thine hand and satisfieth the desire of every living thing." As for endurance, verse 13 acknowledges "Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations."

It is important to praise the Lord as praise keeps our focus on Him. The ungodly life is one of absolute pain and darkness, as one philosopher so negatively put it, "nasty, brutish, and short." We must acknowledge God in order for Him acknowledge us with His blessings, in order to understand the gift of life itself, both the temporal life, and the life everlasting. I'm not quite sure how that works, but I know that it does!

I am praising him everyday, "everyday I will bless thee." I am teaching my children also, although I came to the simplicity and cleanness of Spirit when they were older and they, as I did when younger, seem to place much faith on their own abilities and intellects. I praise Him with others in church when I am able to get there, and I wish to learn to create fiction that is faithbased and therefore transcendent of the fiction category. I am not as much of a praise and prayer warrior as I would like to be, but if I ask Him for help and keep striving, I know I will get stronger.

Bless thee, O Lord, thank You for the gift of understanding and faith, a marvelous and transforming gift.

• 11 months later...

To me the aspects of God's character that stands out is faithful, loving, lifts up, near, hears my cry, watches over me. Every human being should praise God for His blessings and gift's he has given to us. He is our Maker, our Redeemer, and Provider. I am worshiping and praising God with everything in me. My lips speak the highest praise I can give to my God by sharing my praise with others.

• 2 months later...

Q2. (Psalm 145) Which aspects of God's character mentioned in Psalm 145 stand out to you in particular?

ANS - Vs. 8, 9, 13 - His grace and compassion; Slow to anger and rich in love. The Lord is faithful to all his promises.

ANS - First, He is our creator and our savior. Second, because He is such a great and awesome God. And last, He loves us so very much!

ANS - Making Him Lord of my life each day.

vs 20, that He will do justice

Because we need it to be saved and He deserves it.

vs 12, we should let anybody know the gospel

• 1 month later...

God has countless times, shown up at my door with food so that 1 more month my family and I can eat. When his children obey, someone else got blessed.

God watches over us all the time, another character that I absolutely love, he has my back.

It was embedded in us to praise God. and it will happen when he reigns on earth and heaven. We will join the angels and sing. Everyone needs to know him, he will save them and they won't have to go through hell...

I am praising God, I am serving at my church, I am listening to his voice, and I am starting to read the bible more and more cause of this study. GooD JOB Dr. Ralph.

you obeyed God and it blessed me.. thank you

God's character is described as that of an everlasting King with boundless greatness whose works and deeds are rooted in righteousness, grace and compassion; the ultimate expression of love.

Because He alone is worthy and all are dependents in His kingdom, every creature should be filled with overflowing gratitude and praise. The stories of God's greatness through the ages are being studied by me though this and other Bible studies. I teach children's Sunday school at my church, conveying the message of the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John as well as the lives of the early church as recorded in the scriptures. I strongly believe that the gospel of my life with Christ, including both the successes and failures along with God's redemptive mercy and grace, are being 'read' by Christians and non-Christians alike. It is my prayer that my life, on balance, brings Glory to God.

BTW - Pastor Ralph, in developing this on-line Bible study program, you are living a gospel story 'read' by so many people growing in Christ. Bless you.

I love this PSALM 145 as I love to praise our might gracious GOD! Even at this moment may my thoughts and words be hearfelt praise to Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit; "I will exalt you, my God the Kin [for all my days] I praise your Holy name Jesus, my savior.

Great is the LORD and most worthy of all the praise we can imagine and much more to infinity; "His greatness no one can fathom"

5 The glorious splendor of His majesty,it calls on my heart ot exalt Him, to read and know of "the power of His* awesome works," So I will proclaim His great deeds: healing sick through out the ages from prayer requests and from Jesus directly;

His righteousness and always fair judgments are a light to be focused upon, to glorify and hold in the heart. Thank goodness that the LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love beyond any human standard. I'm sure the rocks, trees, etc. have their own way ot praise Him, since they have movement in their atoms and electrons, they resonate to His frequency, the harmonics of eternal love.

I keep asking God to make His light shine in me, and to fill my heart more and more so that I can server better, love more, be more able ot respond to people. And to be wiser on how to respond, and in some cases not to respond, as God tells me to. I am an encourager, and attend many events to encourage and offer others who are without work to make good $$ part-time by getting into my "save and restore identity ministry" doe by protecting others from identity theft. Praise God for where he takes me on this.

• 3 months later...

The main part to me which stands out is verse 18, "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth." I feel comforted by this because it reminds me that God is only a word a way. I know that if I find myself in a situation I can't handle, all I have to say is God and he will be with me, to uphold me when I fall. I will trust in you, because you Lord will keep me safe!

God made us comfort Him, so He wasn't lonely. All living things need to praise God because He made us! He didn't have to but He chose to. We are blessed to be alive, that we might be able to even whisper or think His name!

I am not doing enough. Lately I have been thinking more about myself than Him, and I am embarrassed to admit this. I need to praise Him more each day, by thanking Him for things, telling Him that something looks good or works well, and even praising Him for the people around me that help shape who I am.

• 2 months later...

The character that stands out to me is that he is near to us when we call on him in truth. and he will forefull our desirea and he will take care of our enemies.

It is important for every people and creature to praise God because first of all he is worthy of all the praises and also when praises goes up blessing come down. I think about all the thing that God have bless me with I can't help but praise the lord.

• 3 weeks later...

Good to all HE made!

Because He is worthy of all our praise.

I should be proclaiming His greatness more boldly.

• 2 weeks later...

The aspects that stand out to me is God is faithful and upholds all who falls. Every human being must praise God because he is our Creator and Sustainer. He made ua and not we ourselves. He watches over all who love him and he promises to destroy the Wicked. So, God has our best interest at heart.

• 3 months later...

A2. (Psalm 145)

16.You open Your hand and satisfy every living thing [with] its desire.

It is important to praise God because the truth is that God has done all these things.

I am living and being mindful of God's presence.

Q2. (Psalm 145)

This Psalm paints an awesome picture of God as King and of His eternal Kingdom. Here we see His majesty, His unsearchable greatness, His mighty acts, His righteousness, His compassion, and His power all displayed. To me, they all stand out and deserve the praise and worship of His whole creation.

Among all of God

• 2 weeks later...

I am drawn to God's faithfulness and His nearness. He will complete what He promises to do in me and He's always there when I cry out to Him. It is important that everything praises Him because without Him we would be lost. His faithfulness, love, mercy, justice, and all other characteristics are without comparison. I want to praise Him again today through music, singing, praying, and living a righteous life with God-glorifying words, actions, and thoughts.

• 3 weeks later...

Psalm 145 Question (2) The aspects of God's character that really stand out to me is His Greatness, His Grace and Mercy and the fullness of His compassion. God shows His presence throughout all generations. When we call on Him and fear Him He is always ready and will deliver us.

Every creature, every human being should praise Him because He is worthy to be praised. We were made by Him and for Him. We must praise Him always for who He is. God is so worthy tobe praised!

I pray and praise God for all things in good time and in bad times. I encourage others to do the same. There are times when this old world get me down, it is at times such as these that I stop worrying about people mistreating me and hold on to God's Promises. I tell my family and others, "It pays to serve God".

• 6 months later...

V11 "They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom and talk of Your power, to make known to the sons of men God's mighty deeds and the glorious majesty of His kingdom." I asked the Lord for revelation to get my mind around How HUGE He is. He's been showing me how He breathed out the sun and moon and stars and the vast Universe without lifting a finger and by His power and might holds it all together, and yet the other morning He spoke my name to wake me up, in the most beautiful and gentle voice I've ever heard. I knew He knows my name. I know He helped my parents choose my name. But to hear this vast God of creation speak it just about did me in with joy! He's steel and velvet, power and gentleness...I guess we will never understand while in our bodies even a smidgen of Who He is! V20 He preserves my life....that means He's my keeper! What peace that brings! I'm sealed in Him by the Holy Spirit for ever and ever and ever!

We were created to worship Him and to enjoy Him forever! When an individual does not know to praise Him, that life is void of meaning and purpose..alive but dead to Him. Every creature was planned and it's life ordained by a loving God and Father who is due worship and praise for Who He is! He is the giver of each life! In Him we live and move and have our being.

I share His love and His message at every opportunity! When I learned in Hebrews 2:12 that Jesus is saying "I will declare Your Name Father to My brethren (you and me); in the midst of the worshipping congregation I will sing hymns of praise to You!", I am highly motivated to yield my voice to Him...what joy it brings to have Jesus sing love songs to His Father through me! What joy it would bring Him to have everyone know and recognize that He is the only God and to praise and worship Him!!!! I'm careful to give Him the glory for all that He does in and through me.

• 3 years later...

I think that the aspects of God’s character that stand out to me is the phrase “all that he has made”. I think that sometimes we forget that everything that was made was made by Jesus, God’s son. I think that it is important for “every creature,” every human being to praise him because we are made by him. If we keep God as the most important thing in our lives then we won’t be worshiping idols. I do that by being respectful in church and by doing what God wants me to be doing.