JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q7. Father, Into Your Hands I Commit My Spirit (Luke 23:46)

Greetings,

Actually this is the most beautiful expression of total trust and surrender. Batach--to be so secure as without fear.

The point that the Holy Spirit revealed to me is that all of Jesus earthly life He walked in the Spirit, speaking what His Father told Him to, spent quality time with The Father that He had such an intimate perfect relationship with The Father that when it came time for this last total surrender He was able to do so. Without fear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jesus was telling his father i cmmand my life into your hands,jesus knew he will be sitting at the right hand of his father.

it significant events symbolized of christs work.at christs death,the barrier between god and man split into two.now all people can approach god directly through jesus christ.

when i pray to the father and say {into your hands i commit}it means to mean that all of my problems will be in gods hans.

• 1 month later...

Jesus is giving up his earthly life and his suffering into the loving hands of his Father who will now be able to comfort him and heal his broken body. he Knows where he is going after this and that he has accomplished his mission down here on earth. he also knows that because of his obedience to his father he has saved millions of lives.

we know that now we have eternal life with Jesus and our Father above forever . We know He is coming back for us one day. We know that our sins have been dealt with as He died for us that day. and we can feel His love for us everyday and every moment we live/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Q7. (Luke 23:46) What does Jesus mean when he says, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit"?

King David prayed this prayer to his God, the God of Israel. David committed his life to Israel

• 3 months later...

i think that what JC means when he says "father into your hands i commit my spirit" is i give it all to you...im surrendering it to you (my life). We can use this as an example in our own life as we too are called to lay down our lives for GOd. These last words can comfort us to know that Jesus was all human as well as spiritual.

Q7. (Luke 23:46) What does Jesus mean when he says,

• 5 months later...

Q7. (Luke 23:46) What does Jesus mean when he says, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit"? Why does this saying comfort us so much?

Answer:

Not too long ago,Jesus address the Father as MY God,My God(Mark 15:34And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why G hast thou forsaken me?)

• 3 months later...

Q7. (Luke 23:46) What does Jesus mean when he says, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit”? Why does this saying comfort us so much?

When Jesus says, "Father into your hands I commit my spirit" he means intimacy, trust, and surrender to the Father. He is committing his body and spirit to his Father.

This saying of Jesus comfort us so much because it is comfortable to entrust our spirits into the care and protection of our heavenly Father. It is comfortable to entrust our eternal destiny to the Father's everlasting arms.

• 1 month later...

When Jesus says, "Father into your hands I commit my Spirit" He is giving His entire being into His Fathers hands. There is a complete trust in the face of death that in the spirit, He will be in His Fathers care.

This saying comforts us, because we too, have this blessed assurance. When we reach the point of death, we need only to look beyond what our earthly eyes can see and fly into the spiritual realm of God's Kingdom, where our Beloved waits for us.

Q7. (Luke 23:46) What does Jesus mean when he says, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit"? Why does this saying comfort us so much?

No one took Jesus' life. He gave it up willingly - committing His spirit to the Father.

We are comforted because of Jesus' demonstration of complete trust in the Father's will and His submission to God. His example helps us overcome our fear of death, knowing that it's all in God's hands.

What does Jesus mean when he says, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit"?

By saying:"Father, into your hands I commit my spirit" Jesus shows His love to His Father and He therefore speaks with Him with intimacy; He also entrusts His life and surrenders it to His Father after accomplishing His saving mission on earth.

Why does this saying comfort us so much?

This saying comforts us because it gives us confidence and faith that, after our death, we can also entrust and surrender ourselves to God just as Jesus did.

• 9 months later...

Q7. (Luke 23:46) What does Jesus mean when he says, �Father, into your hands I commit my spirit�? Why does this saying comfort us so much?

I believe that Jesus meant that He was about to return to God in His pre-incarnate form after completing His purpose on earth in His human form. We are comforted by this statement firstly because it reinforces for us the fact that Jesus was indeed the Son of God who came, died and returned to His father. It also comforts us because it tells us that when we die and we are in right relationship with God we will be with Him. This is a great comfort because many fear death but we are reminded here and other places in the Bible that when we depart this world we will be with our Saviour and King.

• 4 weeks later...

(Luke 23:46) What does Jesus mean when he says, �Father, into your hands I commit my spirit�? Why does this saying comfort us so much?

Jesus is letting go of the life He lived here on earth. The commitment He had for His Father on earth is now committed to His Father in His heavenly realm.

Jesus knows He is only relinquishing His physical being and that His spirit will live for eternity.

As Christians, committed to Christ, we know this also. It is comforting to KNOW without a doubt that God's plans for us don't end here, but are carried over to His Heavenly Kingdom. Death is not final. It is the new beginning of life in God's Heavenly Kingdom..as we leave this earthly place ,we are going home to be with our Father! How awesome is that? Thank you God for your precious Son! Through Him we are joined with You forever!

• 1 month later...

Q7. (Luke 23:46) What does Jesus mean when he says, Father, into your hands I commit my spirit?

When Jesus says, Father, into your hands I commit my spirit, He was entrusting himself to his Father's everlasting arm. He was surrendering this life for renunion with God in Heaven.l

Why does this saying comfort us so much?

This saying comfort us so much because we have hope and an assurance that the God who completed the work on the cross, His ordained will, is able to complete His will in us; and we can be comforted as was \Jesus when He entrusted himself to God the Father and rest in His everlasting arms. Praise the Lord!

• 2 weeks later...

Q7. (Luke 23:46) What does Jesus mean when he says, �Father, into your hands I commit my spirit�? Why does this saying comfort us so much?

7. a. Jesus knows that God is present with him, he willingly surrenders his spirit to God. Knowing and trusting the Father with his eternal destiny.

b. It comforts us so much because there is no better place to be but in the safety and presence of our Father's arms who loves us and wants to spend eternity with us. We will see Jesus !!

• 11 months later...

What does Jesus mean when he says, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit"? GOD'S HANDS & HIS SPIRIT constitutes TOTALITY of His being, his safety, and his PURPOSE. It is over and yet, it is the GREAT BEGINNING.

Why does this saying comfort us so much? BY HIS STRIPES, WE ARE HEALED. HE PAID THE PRICE IN FULL FOR ALL OF US.

Jesus has finished the work allocated to Him as a human being, by His Father, and was therefore ready to be re-united with God in Spirit. The comfort for us is that the Holy Spirit, promised as the Advocate earlier by Jesus, who would help us at all times, would henceforth be available to true believers after the Day of Pentecost. So Jesus' absence from this realm meant joy and blessing for ALL.

• 3 weeks later...

He uses Father now instead of the words My God My God before because now the agony of being forsaken is over. Christ is ready, the time is ready for Him to return to the Father. It is a willing sacrifice for the fallen human race that is now completed and He willing gives His life. It is imperative that it is a willing sacrifice and He signifies that here. He shows us that we may have full confidence in God as our Father who will also receive us upon the moment our human existence here on this earth is over by His full confidence.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13