JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As can be seen, :) I am very new to forums and have inadvertantly posted Pastor Ralph's welcome as my reply. My name is Charlyne and I am looking forward to doing my first on-line bible study, ever.

I am married to a wonderful guy and have three grown children and four grandchildren. I became a Christian at age twenty-five in 1976 and was fervently seeking God and thirsty for any new knowledge of Him for about one year. My faith 'mellowed'(I was a backslider) after that until approx. 2000 when I desperately sought His face and praise His Holy Name as He answered me abundantly - my desire since than has been to serve Him, to grow in Him and to be obedient to what He asks of me.

I live in Canada and we are now waking to frost-covered landscapes every morning - soon to snow-covered.

I am also really looking forward to this study. God bless you all!

Charlyne

Hello, everyone! My name is Tricia. It is nice to meet you all. I've done several of the Jesus Walk studies with pastor Ralph. I always learn a lot and it's very cool to get the perspective of Christians from different backgrounds and cultures.

Learner, and Stacy, what areas of Tennessee are you in? I live in Southaven, Mississippi which is essentially a suburb of Memphis, TN where I lived most of my life. I also lived several years in Jackson, TN.

I am 51, been divorced for 10 years and have one adult son who lives about 3 hours away. My cat, Ethel, and I have the house to ourselves now.

I have been a Christian most of my life though I didn't always live like it. I am now a member of a Lutheran church but it is not a "typical" Lutheran church. The worship service is casual and contemporary, and our church has a real heart to reach the community with the love of Jesus in tangible ways which I think is great.

hi, i'm not sure I'm on the right page but i have signed up for the John Letters study. I am in western NC, a retired school teacher. i attend Biltmore Baptist Church with wonderful celebration style worship. Should be in bed already since i need to be at church for choir at 8:15. hello everyone. I've done the Psalms study but haven't been on the forum before. Married for 30 years with one daughter about to be married. My husband is not a believer although for most of our marriage he went to church,etc. but not anymore.

Good Morning. My name is Dee and I am 62 and have been a Christian sice early childhood. I live in Montana. I have never done a study online and am looking forwarding to it. I am in a discerning process in my life right now. Grew up in a non-denominational church, have been going to a "very denominational" church for the past 6 years, but considering going back to my "roots." I am the mother of a daughter and a son, step-mother of a son, and grandmother of four (3 girls and 1 boy). I retired after 40 years as a paralegal and working part-time as a transcriptionist for a physical therapy office. God's Blessings to everyone.

Hello, my name is Mary, and I live in Minnesota. I've done online studies before, but I can be internet challenged. I've been a Christian since 1977. Yeah! My daughter is married and has a daughter. My granddaughter is very busy. She's two years old. My daughter is also having a baby in December. It's so exciting. :-) I am looking forward to the bible study.

God bless,

mary O.

Hello everyone. My name is Dawn. I live in Nashville, TN. I am 51 years young and have been a christian for over 40 years. I have taken college courses online. I have a wonderful husband and 19 year old daughter. My son and daughter-in-law have been married almost a year. I also have two grand-dogs, Norie and Sassy.

Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for the 1 and 2 Timothy Bible study.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hi there everyone not sure how often i will get in . I am From New Zealand top of the World . God bless everyone here . I go to a small church down here 2000 people and sometimes (every 6 weeks ) help lead one of our Passion kids groups. (7-8 yrs boys). love God and also love the people of this world hurts me so much to see lost people . Hope this study of John helps me God Bless from Gods own .

Hello everyone, my name is Charlie, I live in north central West Virginia, I am 67 and a retired coal miner. I attend a small rural church here on a good sunday we will have forty attend. I lead the adult sunday school class. I have never attempted any thing like this before. I am very prayerful that ya'll help me as i learn and study God's word.

Hello fellow disciples,

I am from Santee, California, USA (San Diego area). I have enjoyed a couple of Pastor Ralph's studies, and I'm looking forward to this one, which happens to be on one of my favorite books of the Bible. I told my friends on Facebook I was doing this and invited anyone who wanted to to join me. And guess who responded? - my two sisters! They both live long distance from me, so I am thanking God that he placed it on both of their hearts to do a study with me. This will be the first time I've been in a study with both of them; thanking God for this opportunity through the internet.

I am in transition in life right now - my husband of 26 years and I home schooled our two children for their K-12 education. They are both in Christian colleges now. I feel led to be involved in starting a school patterned much like home education. Waiting on the Lord (or He's waiting on me!) for that and doing elder care in the meantime. I have led for many years what our church calls Family Worship - worship time for the whole family that involves active worship for children. I also lead a ministry group that visits nursing homes on a regular basis, sharing music and a fun magic show with them. . . .also lead a home group of home school families who prefer to keep parents and youth together as we study God's Word and fellowship together. We attend a Lutheran church that just became a part of the new Lutheran Churches in Mission for Christ.

Praising God for His continued grace and goodness in my life! God bless us all as we delve into John's letters!

Dear Friend,

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

hi my name is bob and its great to be back in another great study my home is in north florida im 73 years old my wife of 53 years and i have three children eight grand children and four great grands we love the lord with all our heart i pray that each of us receives everthing that God has in store for us in this lesson but most of all that we will be bold enough to take it and share it with others

Dear Friend,

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hi All,

My name is Jackie and I am participatinng in the John's Letter Bible Study from the San Francisco Bay Area. I always enjoy any opportunity I can study the bible and meet new people with like minds. I look forward to our time together and our discussions. May God bless and keep you all.

Dear Friend,

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hi I am Charlene from Georgia, USA. I have taken these studies before. I am 52 and love the Lord.

It's great to be here. It's been a bit of a desert time. As I read about the long marriages with loving partners my heart leaps in celebration. What an amazing gift and blessing to find a life partner!

I stayed married for 25 years to a man who wears the clothes, but doesn't really walk it. He rarely worked, let our house fall apart around us, ignored his children, would grab my hand on the way into church and drop it on the way out. He attended Promisekeepers almost every year and led the Bible studies. God Himself released me from that black night in 2006. My father is a Gideon, Baptist man who loves the Lord, and could not see me divorced. He attended a seminar called Love and Respect (which he and my mother lead young married through twice a year) and in one day heard the verse 1 Timothy 5:8 3 times. He came to me and said it was time.

I struggle with people who pick out one verse in the Scriptures to hammer each other with, like God put the numbers on the verses so they could stand individually, when the truth is that the whole of Scripture must be understood. When God says He hates divorce, He also hates everything that humans do to one another that create divorce. When God asked me to be a submissive wife, He also asked my husband to sacrifice for us as Christ did for the church. It's not one without the other. Abigail is my hero!

Throughout my dark night I never was mad at God. I knew it was not something He created, but sin perpetuated it. God is my rock and my salvation. He is the only One I trust in fully.

I live in a ski town in the Rocky Mountains. He has blessed me with a home for a short time (through the winter) while I rebuild my life. I bought a franchise, and pray God's blessing on its success. It will work if I will work!

I have three wonderful children. They have grown up to be very wise. I am so proud of the choices they make to be great citizens. No GK's yet! I am a NS SWF w/ NP Heh Heh. I love! to ski, like to scuba dive (lots of highs and lows in my life). I'm late to the forum as I was traveling.

I have peace that passes understand and a hope that does not disappoint.

May God Himself richly bless us and bring to our hearts, minds, souls and strength, not just knowledge, but spiritual growth and love for Him through this study.

Praise the Lord! I'm glad to part of these bible studies. I'm a assistant pastor at a little church in the City of Commerce in California. I love what I do. I am also a counselor by day, which is my full-time job. I work a lot with adolescents. I am married to this wonderful God fearing, God loving women. We've been married for about 16 months now. My two wonderful kids live with us, a boy Elijah 17 years old and my daughter Gloria 18 years old. I was married for about 16 years to thier mom but she left God and went back into the world with another man. I am very happy right now with my wife and kids. We have the best relationship a person can ask for. I beleive that a pastor should always be trying to learn more of the bible as they can. We as pastors can learn enough. I am so happy that I found this website where I can learn from the Word and from others. Bless God and bless you who are out there.

Pastor George

User name: Rev.George

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My name is Sakiasi and I live in Suva, the capital of the Fiji Islands in the South Pacific. I am 45 years old, married to my lovely wife of 21 years, Salote. We have 5 beautiful children, with the eldest, a son, in the UK and 4 daughters still with us at home. I work as a Property Manager for a regional organisation (for the Pacific Islands that is) I used to be in the Fiji military, having served overseas as a peacekeeper, in South Lebanon, Sinai Peninsula(Egypt), Bouganiville (Papua New Guinea) and East Timor, (formerly part of Indonesia). I attend the Wesley City Mission Church of Suva and my children are active members of the church's youth and children's programmes as well. I praise GOD for this opportunity to study the Word of GOD with brothers and sisters all over the world, under the guidance of a wonderful team of instructors and mentors of the faith. I look forward to doing the study with all of you brothers and sisters. GOD bless you all.

Saki

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I just started the lesson of John 1,2, and 3 today.

Hi Pastor Ralph, I'm really glad I found this Bible study. I've been looking for a structured Bible study so I have motivation to keep with it. I know I'm going to enjoy this. We're studying the letters of John in my Sunday school class and I am looking for a deeper study.

Am I writing in the right spot?

Is anybody out there?