JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for the John's Letters Bible study.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for the 1 and 2 Timothy Bible study.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hi

My name is Darrell and I live in Washington State. I am nearly sixty now, wow. Most didn't think I would live this long, and I wouldn't have if I had not surrendered myself to Christ. Thank you Lord. I am a self-employed painter, been in business for almost 20 years, and the Lord has supplied enough work to keep me and my help working steady. Thank you Lord. I used to be an alcoholic but the Lord healed me from the desire to drink in one heartfelt moment. Thank you Lord. I have a wonderful wife whom I love very much, and she loves me toooo!!!

And I am glad to be here.

Darrell

Hi

My name is Darrell and I live in Washington State. I am nearly sixty now, wow. Most didn't think I would live this long, and I wouldn't have if I had not surrendered myself to Christ. Thank you Lord. I am a self-employed painter, been in business for almost 20 years, and the Lord has supplied enough work to keep me and my help working steady. Thank you Lord. I used to be an alcoholic but the Lord healed me from the desire to drink in one heartfelt moment. Thank you Lord. I have a wonderful wife whom I love very much, and she loves me toooo!!!

And I am glad to be here.

Darrell

My name is Tim. I go by peacebringer on the internet these days as it reflects the call and purpose God has on my life. I am 44. I am a psychologist and in a period of transition as recently became liscensed. I have known Jesus basically all my life, since the first choice really at age 4-5. God currently has me writing a blog at http://peacebringer7.wordpress.com and running a forum at www.peacebringer.net/phpBB3. I am married for 9 years now. We have no children. We are continuing to grow together in love. It is alway interesting to see how God moves in our interactions. I am looking forward to this study.

Howdy,

My name is Brian Collins. I live with my wife and 10 yo son in Plano Texas which is NE of Dallas. I was originally part of the very first JesusWalk online studies many years ago, but have been absent due to life and ministry happenings these last few years. It is good to be back in another JesusWalk online Bible study. Thank you Dr. Ralph Wilson for all you do in behalf of the online community for Jesus Christ. I look forward to a great study.

in Christ,

Brian Collins

http://www.restorationoffaith.com/

I am looking forward to another great Bible Study! I live in Central Texas with a newly-empty nest, and starting a new job in 1 month, and am actively working to see where God wants me to give to HIM and others this month... John's letters are also our sermon series right now, so I figure God has something HE really wants me to get, if I'm getting it twice! Looking forward to everyone's insights into these important passages.

Hello everyone,

I'm 44 and am participating in this study from Tennessee in the U.S.A.

I'm very far from being an empty-nester; part of my job is being a dad to four children ranging from an early teen to a 4-year-old. I've finished up one career and totally changed directions, moving from data processing to a ministry career.

Looking forward to the study.

The Learner

Hello everyone,

I'm 44 and am participating in this study from Tennessee in the U.S.A.

I'm very far from being an empty-nester; part of my job is being a dad to four children ranging from an early teen to a 4-year-old. I've finished up one career and totally changed directions, moving from data processing to a ministry career.

Looking forward to the study.

The Learner

Hello! I am from Tennessee and a mother of a 9 year old daughter. I go to a wonderful church where I am the Children's Ministry Coordinator and Sunday School Teacher of the middle school age. I am looking forward to an adult study.

Hi my name is Lynda...I follow Jesus and love to learn more about Him. I am a mother of 9 and have 3 children remaining at home...seems almost empty...I also am a avid animal lover and have a wide assortment of pets consisting of dogs cats a parrot a ferret and a pot bellied pig. I am married to an awesome man who puts up with me...

Finally I just want to wish everyone a very blessed experience in this study.

Greetings to each of you. I, too, am looking forward to beginning this study on John's letters today. I find it remarkable how the Spirit leads us into a fuller understanding each time we open God's Word for the purpose of a closer walk with Him. I am a 55 year-old wife (of 32 years), mom of 3 grown kids (2 of whom are married), and Grandma Joy to one delightful toddler. Studying the Bible is a favorite passtime to me, and teaching it to others ranks up there as well. Well, dear online classmates, may God bless us as we embark on this study.

New to this type of Forum, but have used Jesus Walk studies in my Sunday School Class.

My name is George French. I'm in the Real Estate business as the financial officer for a C21 firm in Dallas, Texas and surrounding area. Looking forward to learning from this study.

Hi there, I live in Ohio. I have done this before. I look forward to learning more. I love the Word of God and know it is our foundation in which we learn of our walk with God. If we don't know it, we will be deceived by false teachings. I am fighting that now in my own church. So I really am glad when I can find studies like this. I question everything now. I use to take it for face value, not anymore. I go through everything with a fine tooth comb. May God bless all of youl.

Hi everyone,

My name is JanMary, I'm 66 years old, married for 43 years, and we have two grown children. We all live in the East Bay area of Northern, California.

This will be my 10th Jesus Walk Bible Study, and I'm really looking forward to studying with all of you! Each study has challenged, encouraged, clarified my beliefs and at times caused me to rethink things which have been "traditions", rather than solid Biblical based beliefs. I thank God for Pastor Wilson and for his writing and making these studies available to us...each one has been great!

I pray joy and blessings for each, as we enrich our lives with the Truth of God's Word!

JanMary

Hello,

My name is Ed. I live in Plano, TX with my wife of many, many years. We are empty-nesters and are, as they say, aging-in-place with a somewhat active life style. This is my first bible study with Dr Ralph, who I met online through his son, who has done some SEO analysis for me. Looking forward to this experience.

Hi to all!

My name is Julie, I'm a 53 year old mother of 3 and grandmother to a precious 4 yr. old granddaughter.

I've completed a few Bible Studies on-line and have not only enjoyed them, but have grown through so much with them. They have seen me through severe depression, overcoming guilt from my past and have helped me to become free of addictions and harmful ways of living. Thank God through Jesus, there is freedom and we can be free indeed! In seeking God for next steps, He has encouraged by His Holy Spirit to "Live and love." so I was excited to see the John 1,2 and 3 study emerge on my horizon and I fully look forward to studying with you and what God reveals to us. More than we can ever ask or imagine!

Blessings to each and every one of you!

Dear Friend,

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Dear Friend,

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hi,

My name is Donna and I live in western Massachusetts. This will be the first time I've ever taken an online Bible study but it certainly isn't the first Bible study I've done. I am 61 and have four grandchildren. I love having the time to spend with the Lord and being His word. The joy I once had when I first came to him many years ago has returned as I have been spending more time with Him and His word. I look forward to sharing our joy as God blesses all of us through this study.

Hi I'm Char, have a wonderful, blessed son and daughter in law who have blessed me with a beautiful grandaugter, that was born 1 month before my sister went on to be with the Lord. It's a difficult time for me now but I'm very excited to began the Discipleship Lessons from John's letters. My church bible study class have started also studying about Discipleship. Great and interesting lesson to be learn. I'm Greatful to God through his son Jesus who have alway been a great part of my life. I pray that the Spirit of God will continue to show us the things that we need to do and the things that we need to change in our life so that we will enjoy it the way God intended. Thanks be to God for the Pastor.

Hello, everyone! My name is Tricia. It is nice to meet you all. I've done several of the Jesus Walk studies with pastor Ralph. I always learn a lot and it's very cool to get the perspective of Christians from different backgrounds and cultures.

Learner, and Stacy, what areas of Tennessee are you in? I live in Southaven, Mississippi which is essentially a suburb of Memphis, TN where I lived most of my life. I also lived several years in Jackson, TN.

I am 51, been divorced for 10 years and have one adult son who lives about 3 hours away. My cat, Ethel, and I have the house to ourselves now.

I have been a Christian most of my life though I didn't always live like it. I am now a member of a Lutheran church but it is not a "typical" Lutheran church. The worship service is casual and contemporary, and our church has a real heart to reach the community with the love of Jesus in tangible ways which I think is great.

Dear Friend,

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph