JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Unforgiveness and Blindness

When I harbor hate and unforgiveness I am walking in the darkness and not in the light of Christ who forgave me all. I need to recenter my focus on the Lord and let Him handle those who have inflicted hurt.

It requires concentration of will, prayer and reading the Word, maybe from John's gospel or His epistles. Singing hymns is helpful and praise music (for me) also.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (1 John 2:7-11) How does hate and unforgiveness blind us spiritually? If we have been darkened by hurt and hate, how do we come into the light?

Hate blinds us to the Light or Love of Jesus. Confessing that hate, receiving forgiveness and cleansing from that sin will bring us back to the light of His Love. It is both rewarding and comforting to be in the Light of His Love.

Hate and unforgiveness, as sins, separate us from God. God is light, God's light directs our steps and our paths. Without God's light, we are in darkness, which is another description for being blinded. Often we think of being blinded as too much light, but it can also be the absence of light.

If you have been darkened, to come back into the light you seek the source of light, which is God. To go toward God, what you need to do is remove what is separating you, which in this case is the sins of hate and unforgiveness. Confess your sins, and He will be faithful and just to forgive you of your sins and to cleanse you of all unrighteousness, removing that which separates you from Him, removing that which separates you from the Light.

Q1. (1 John 2:7-11) How does hate and unforgiveness blind us spiritually? If we have been darkened by hurt and hate, how do we come into the light?

Hate and unforgiveness is from the evil one and far from the light of Christ. Darkness within us causes us to be blinded and ears not hear the quite small voice of Christ. We must forgive and repent to get back in the light. If we are concomed with hurt and anger it will be a continual darkness.

Q1. (1 John 2:7-11)

How does hate and unforgiveness blind us spiritually?

If we have been darkened by hurt and hate, how do we come into the light?

Hate and unforgiveness separate us from our Saviour, and we are thus spiritually blind. We cannot expect God to forgive us, yet we are not prepared to forgive others. The only way to come back into the light and a right relationship with Jesus is to forgive all those that have hurt us and to pray for them as well. I have found that praying for those that have done us an injustice, real or perceived, gets rid of any hatred we might have had.

Hate and unforgiveness make our spiritual eyes blinded, so that we are in the darkness and walks around in the darkness, unable to see the truth of his Word

We get rid of our hurt and hate by forgiving somebody who make us anger and dislike to them because of something bad they have done to us in the past, and, then, love them, instead

sometimes when there is unforgiveness in your heart and you and hurting

you cant see it for awhile. i know the lord has put it right infront of

my face for me to see. its used in a situation or by someone coming

and comfronting you about the situation . etc...... by reading the

scriptures about his forgivenss and love it helps us be more like him.

it helps us forgive and get over the hurt so we can go on ,and if we dont

we just keep asking and praying till we get through it. praise,prayer,

worship all helps its what he blessed us with.

When we carry unforgiveness and wrong attitudes in our lives our perception of ourselves and others are altered .

Even though at times it is very difficult we must let go of the offense and release the other person into God's care.

Continuing to hold on to that hurt will only cause us pain and blind us from the truth.

We have the assurance that despite our failings we have an advocate that we can turn to that understands what it is to be hurt and rejected.

We come into the light when we ask Jesus to forgive us and turn away from darkness and back to the light.

When one is full of hate and unforgiveness, it affects everything about them. It carries over into whatever they do in life, and with whom they associate with. That hate eats away at them, causing such resentment and bitterness to be reflected in all they do and say. It has a tendency to warp a person so much, causing them to become so cynical and bitter, and comes across in all conversation and action.

One who has been in that place of darkness of hurt and hate has to finally come to the place where they must recognize their need of God to help them in this place. God can completely heal and restore that which has been eating at a person's soul, making them completely whole again. He can fill them with His divine love, grace and mercy, and heal them of that hate and bitterness, if they are willing to first of all ask for forgiveness of those awful feelings, and asking God to fill them with His love and compassion instead. God will do what no man can do, and make whole again.

1. Hate and unforgiveness blinds us and keeps us in the dark, which separates us from God. Hate and unforgiveness effects us in all ways.

2. We come into the light, if we pray and ask for forgiveness.

hate and un forgivness blinds us spiritually, be cause we are living in darkness, in sin saying that we love God w hich we have not seen and hating our neighbor.We can come out of darkness in too the marvelous light by confessin this sin, and asking God to create within us a clean heart, and let uu have love for others.

Heavenly Father, take away our Darkness in our Hearts, and bring back your Heavenly Light of your Son into our Hearth.

Lead us into that mysterious brightness where you love is revealed to all of us.

In my Bible Study I came across this prayer, It has stuck with me ever since ( 20 Years)

212 AD a mysteries writer answering 1 John 2:11

Pax

Hatred is a sign of spiritual darkness.

Spiritual light is instilled by the Spirit of grace, and one of the first-fruits of that Spirit is love; he then who is possessed with malignity towards a Christian brother must needs be destitute of spiritual light; consequently he walks in darkness ; his life is agreeable to a dark mind and conscience, and he knows not whither he goes; he sees not whither this dark spirit carries him, and particularly that it will carry him to the world of utter darkness, because darkness hath blinded his eyes.

Christian love is not a feeling but a choice. We can choose to be concerned with people

Hate and unforgiveness is like a cancerous blockage that blinds us spriritually from receieving God wonderful light and changes our love for God and others. We must love others as we love ourselves. We come into light by repenting and truly forgiving and loving those whom has trespass against us.

Patricia

God is love, and if we are truly His children, then we must learn to forgive when someone has hurt us. After all, Jesus died a horrible death so that we could be forgiven-can't we do the same for others?

Anyway, to be unforgiving and hateful is to be separated from God, because these things are sin, and we all know that sin is separation from God. We can't walk in the light and hate anyone. So, if there is hate and unforgiveness in us, then we must confess and ask the Lord to cleanse us from this sin. Then, God will help us overcome!

Hate and unforgiveness blind us spiritually in that it is an exercise of self-will and arrogance. We are directly defying Biblical teaching. We are in disobedience and sin.

We defeat hurt and hate by forgiveness and love in Jesus Christ. The forgiveness of those who have wronged or hurt us frees us spiritually and emotionally. The bottom line is God is Love. God should be the center of the Christians' life. Thus love should be also.

When we bear grudges and refuse to forgive, that unforgiveness becomes a Destroyer--since Satan has convinced us that we should take revenge and not forgive. This, of course, destroys also our relationship with God through the HS, whom we have grieved. When this happens we live in darkness...alone from the Spirit and apart from God. This darkness blinds us spiritually also to the guidance of God. We come back into the light through asking for forgiveness from Jesus Christ. 1 John 1:9. and we are restored and cleansed from our sin of unforgiveness.

I think hate and unforgiveness blocks us from experiencing God. Since God is love, how can those who truly know Him hate someone that is not only created in His image, but is also one of His children (in Christ). Also, we are required to forgive as God is willing to forgive us, and if we do not walk after God, Who is light, in this way, it causes us to stand in darkness and remain blind as to where we are spiritually.

The way out of the darkness of hurt and hate is to follow the commandment of God, which is to love God and one another.

Hate and unforgiveness cripple us spiritually - we see everything through the veil of hate. The only way to escape that is to forgive. Forgiveness is freedom from bondage. As long as you are hating someone, you are perpetually tied to them and can never escape the hurt. I know, I had to forgive my parents of abuse before I could heal and move forward in Christ. It was the best move I ever did. Little did I realize the freedom I had. For I was not carrying them around with me anymore.

When we hate we become blind to the things of God,it hinders our pray life

if we forgive there is nothing between our soul and the Savior and we have a clear channel to pray.God is to love if we love Him we will keep his commandents

Jesus said Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy .But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you,and persecute you.That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven

Unforgiveness is not something we do necessarily for another, but for ourselves. Unforgiveness requires hatred. Hatred is an emotion of intense revulsion, distaste, enmity, disgust, or antipathy for a person, thing, or other. It carries with it a desire to avoid, restrict, remove, or destroy its object. Hatred would then propel us from our object of hate and in an opposite direction. This opposite direction would be darkness. Love is light. 1 John 2:9

We are able to enter into the true light by forgiveness and a clean past. Knowing that we must have forgiveness to be able to walk in the true light, then we should understand that we have to forgive others as well. Forgiveness for ourselves and forgiveness of others will bring us into the true light and sustain us in the true light. Forgiveness requires love.

Just wanted to add .. Both love and forgiveness are not about our feelings. Love is a conscience decision that we make and so is forgiveness. We decide to love or forgive and then ask God to help us grow in both love and forgiveness so that we can eventually begin to 'feel' this love and forgiveness as we grow spiritually.

Unforgiveness and hate blinds us spiritually beacuse when we refuse to forgive, we do not show love and the Bible describes such as walking in the dark. We have to forgive and start lovingg one another so as to live and walk in the light of God.