JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Witness of the Spirit

Q3. (1 John 2:20, 27) In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us? In what ways does he teach us? In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching?

The Holy Spirit enables us to recognise the truth, to show us what we need to learn, particularly when the time seems to be right, and to empower us. He teaches us by "turning the lights on" with The Bible, Christian teaching, Christian books that we read. Lots of Ah Ha moments that we can memorise and call on when we need them

He gave me a huge thirst for more knowledge of Him, so I have found myself wanting to know more and more about how it all fits in, what it means, how I can apply it to my life, and to become equipped to share the message accurately. He has also put people around me who have challenged me, supported me, questioned me, and watched me life my faith. So I've also realised the huge responsibility of being his representative here.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Holy Spirit connects with our spirit and teaches us internally. He gives us recall of scriptures we have previously read and which are now important in our present situation. His truth confirms with our spirit that Jesus is Lord and His truth also exposes all false doctrine so that we may turn away from it.

:wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. (1 John 2:20, 27) In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us?

The Holy Spirit is an internal Guide for us because as Jesus indicated, when the Spirit is come He will guide us in all truth, "when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come" (John 16:13, KJV). Further, Jesus said that the Holy Spirit will, "reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:" John 16:8 (KJV). The Holy Spirit is the believer's conscious, internal Guide.

In what ways does he teach us?

The Holy Spirit teaches us. Jesus said that His time remaining with the disciples is drawing nigh and other things He had to teach them will come to them by the Holy Spirit: "I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. (John 16:12-14, KJV).

In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching?

The Holy Spirit teaches us as He brings back to our memory all that Jesus has taught: "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. In John 15:26 Jesus said that the Holy Spirit will testify not of Himself but He will testify of Jesus.

• 3 weeks later...

The Holy Spirit is like having an internal compass that keeps us directed toward Christ and the things we know to be true. He teaches us by reminding us of the things we know to be true....it is that deep knowlege of what is really the truth. He is a guide, to keep us on the right path. He helps alert us to things that are not scriptural or on track. Thie brings us closer to Jesus, it is all a reflection of His teachings where we are promised the Comforter. He is that moment of quiet when the truth is revealed.....

Q3. (1 John 2:20, 27) In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us? In what ways does he teach us? In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching?

That which Jesus promised has changed our lives. It's from God to teach, remind, and guide us. The Holy Spirit abides within us as we abide in the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit keeps us in memory of the promises as it dwells within us. We are led spiritually through the good and not so god times in our lives by the H.S.

• 2 weeks later...

The Holy Spirit is an internal Guide as His presence lives within us, once we receive Him. He alerts of evilness, to protect us.

He testifies to us about Jesus' teachings.

He teaches us and reminds us of Jesus' teaching.

• 1 month later...

The believer has received an anointing from Christ, namely the Holy Spirit. Through the Holy Spirit we know "all things," the truth. The Holy Spirit will help lead us into truth. As we abide in Christ and read the Word of God, the Holy Spirit helps us to understand its redemptive truth. All believers may study and know God's truth and learn from each other through mutual teaching and exhorting. We have two safeguards against doctrinal error-Biblical revelation and the Holy Spirit. We do not need those that teach extrabiblical doctrine. We have the Holy Spirit. That is the meaning of John's words, "ye need not that any man teach you".

• 3 months later...

We have learned so much during our life that is 'earthly' and it might also be focus upon ourselves, and what we think are our earthly needs, our independence, our self-centered-ness. All these things lead us away from being able to server others with a loving heart approaching that of like Jesus. The Holy Spirit can teach us the truth and if we let Him, He can be an internal guide to filter out what is unhealthy for our spiritual growth. We need this guide to grow and to live with love and discernment regarding others, to be able to administer good love, tough love, and what ever is prayerfully needed in a given moment. It is not something we can accomplish by ourselves.

• 3 months later...

The Holy Spirit is always there to help us make the right choices...but we have to listen .

• 5 months later...

1. The Holy Spirit keeps us on the right path. Serves as our conscience in our interactions with others. Keeps us in Gods way

2.Opens our eyes and heart to the truth. Exposes false teachers to us. Makes Jesus words clearer to us.

3.When the Holy Spirit is in us, we read the Bible, go to church, study about Jesus. When we do wrong, we recognize our sins and ask for forgiveness.

• 5 months later...

Answer:

1.In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us?

The Holy Spirit,will remind us who we are in CHRIST,will remind us about God

• 3 months later...

If we know the truth, we know the way, and the Holy Spirit continues to teach us and lives within us so we do not need anyone else to teach us the truth. The Holy Spirit teaches us everything we need to know and is not a lie. He teaches us to remain in fellowship with one another and to continue seeking out the Word.

• 5 months later...

The Holy Spirit is an internal Guide for us in that He leads and teaches believers into the truth about all things. He reminds us of the teachings of Jesus exposing and alerting us to false doctrine of the antichrists groups and He testifies the truth about Jesus to believers. He is our stance against false doctrine.

• 11 months later...

The Holy Spirit indwells the born again believer and enables the believer to discern between truth and error. They have the capacity to recognize what is true and what is not.

The Holy Spirit convicts us, drives us, guides us, and puts pressure on us to engage in daily prayer, Bible study, worship, personal holiness, and fellowship with other Christians, etc. The Holy Spirit illuminates the mind of the believer making it ready to receive the Word and respond to it. The Holy Spirit helps us recall what we have been taught regarding God's Word.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (1 John 2:20, 27) In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us?

I can only speak from my own personal experience, but I can listen to a sermon or a tape or watch a preacher on TV and know in my heart if what is being preached is the truth from God or a man-made or distorted doctrine. I get a warning tingle in my own spirit, like Spiderman's spider sense, when I hear or read something that's false doctrine. I know for certain that it's the Holy Spirit in me doing the warning.

The Holy Spirit dwelling in us leads us into an understanding of Scripture. He also infuses our conscience with a Godly sense of right and wrong. I also get an alarm bell going off in my heart when I'm about to do something and the Holy Spirit warns me that it's agianst God's will.

Jesus Himself taught that the Holy Spirit would enable us to remember and understand everything He taught and every Scripture. I'm no good at remembering chapter and verse but I do remember Scripture once I've read it.

• 8 months later...

3a) When we believe in Jesus as our saviour,we are annointed receiving HS who works within us teaching us about all things through scripture&those christians around us,reminds us of Jesus teaching,leading us to the truth.

b)He convicts us of sinful habits,& prompts us through our conscience which ways are right &loving.

c)The Holy Spirit exposes for us falseteaching and prompts us to the truth of teaching.

3a) When we believe in Jesus as our saviour,we are annointed receiving HS who works within us teaching us about all things through scripture&those christians around us,reminds us of Jesus teaching,leading us to the truth.

b)He convicts us of sinful habits,& prompts us through our conscience which ways are right &loving.

c)The Holy Spirit exposes for us falseteaching and prompts us to the truth of teaching.

• 3 months later...

The Holy Spirit is our internal teacher and the "friend" that reminds us of everything Jesus has said.  Reading the Bible and studying it, fellowship with other Christians, prayer is not only teaching us and living in us it is the Holy Spirit pointing us in the footsteps of Jesus.  The Bible and the Holy Spirit instill in us the right way to go.  We learn by example and if we do these things we have the example of Jesus to follow and the Holy Spirit will guide us.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us? In what ways does he teach us? In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching?

We do have an internal sense of what is right and wrong.   We still have to be educated in the Word, however.  Because we are so frail and given to whims and fancies and trends, we still have to depend on what the Word says.  And the Holy Spirit will never be in contrast to the Word.

"Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ.  He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come."  I Cor. 1:21-22

• 9 months later...

In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us?

He is like having a “moral gps” or compass inside of us because he instructs us in our daily lives and tells us when we are headed in the right (or wrong, should a course correction be necessary) direction.

There are many way he goes about teaching us. It can be through reading his word, or it could be simply telling our inner being whether or not we should be doing something or even, when to do something. His ways of teaching are many.

He only leads us to truth and righteousness.

• 1 year later...

Q3. (1 John 2:20, 27) 
In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us? 
In what ways does He teach us? 
In what ways does He point us to Jesus' teaching?

When we are saved, we receive the indwelling Holy Spirit, and He enables us to discern between truth and error. With this anointing comes understanding – we are now able to understand divine truths – in this way the Holy Spirit acts as an internal guide to us. In 1 Corinthians 2:14 we are told that without the Holy Spirit these truths are foolishness, since they can only be Spiritually understood. At the same time, He teaches us about all truths. We read about this in John 14:26 where Jesus says about the Holy Spirit: “He will teach you all things”. Also, He will “remind you of everything I have said to you” – pointing us to Jesus’ teachings. He exposes all untruths and makes us aware of Jesus’ teachings. With the Word of God in our hands and the Spirit of God in our hearts, we have all that we need for instruction in the truth of God. 

• 1 month later...

Q3. (1 John 2:20, 27)

Q. In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us? In what ways does he teach us?

A. He guides, counsels, helps and exposes false hood and leads us to the truth9Q. In what ways does he point us to Jesus'teaching?

A. He gives understanding by throwing light on the scriptures to give us meaning of what we read