JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Witness of the Spirit

Q3. (1 John 2:20, 27) In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us? In what ways does he teach us? In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching?

The Holy Spirit guides me on the path that God wants for me. I know what is right and wrong but the Spirit is here inside me to guide me where I might go astray. He brings to my attention thru scripture, fellow christians,prayer or what ever means, the subjects that I might have just pushed off to the side lying to myself that they are of no matter, but the Spirit shows me the truth thus correcting me.Jesus teachings can be summed up in one word, LOVE. If I show love, live love then I am obeying the teachings of Christ and living out the Royal Law. Matthew 22 vs 37-40. :rolleyes:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (1 John 2:20, 27) In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us? In what ways does he teach us? In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching?

wink.giftongue.gifThe Holy Spirit lives in us and speaks to our hearts and mind as we study scripture and practice Christian disciplines. The Spirit teaches us and guides us as we study the Word, pray, interact with other Christians strive to live for God's glory. Jesus' teaching is a true plan for how we should live as Christians and the Holy Spirit constantly reminds us of this and guides us.

The Holy Spirit is an internal guide for us as he acts like a barometer in our lives, or you could say an inner consciousness, he warns us in dangerous situations or if we are about to do something that we ought not,he is the encourager and comforts us when we are in need of comfort ,and he convicts us of our sins.

Hi is our guide and leads us into all truth if we yield our lives to God.

The Holy Spirit is ever ready to guide us and always seeks to Glorify Jesus and the Father, and leads us into the truth of God's Word.

If we seek Christ through the indwelling spirit, humbly and with an understanding of our own limitations, then the Spirit will guide us, reminding us of Christ's teachings, directing us to a study of the Word, and to fellowship with other Christians who can help us walk with the Lord.

1Jn 2:20 And you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.

1Jn 2:27 And the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone teach you. But as His anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and as He taught you, abide in Him.

The Holy Spirit whom dwells in us is the person who we should go for all decisions and teachings. That is the purpose that He was sent to us and Jesus knew He would not be with us to help guide and teach us. The Holy Spirit teaches us in many different ways...by guiding us, by showing us what God's Word says, by teaching us, by speaking only the truth to us and even more than that by revealing the lies being told us, and by staying with us. One way in which the Holy Spirit points us to the teaching of Jesus is by testifying to who Jesus really was.

The Holy Spirit is our guide by living in us. We are full of the Holy Spirit, so He is our still small voice. He's promised to show us the way, to direct us on our path saying go to the right, or go to the left as needed. He convicts us of sin and encourages us when we doubt our way. He quickens us to danger and gives us wisdom and discernment so as to not be caught in a snare.

He teaches us through the Word. The Word is our living bread of life. As we ingest it every day, He will guide us by what we learn. It is SO crucial to read our Bible's every day, do devotionals and meditate on what we read and ask for guidance in it. To seek Him every day even with a quiet walk or with Christian music surrounding us are all ways to be still and know He is God and receive what He has for us day by day. Just a closer walk with Thee Jesus!

The Holy Spirit always testifies to who Jesus is. We can't be silent about that as the Holy Spirit lives in us. Always it's about Jesus, whether in joyful proclamation or in suffering as we die to self so He may be seen.

Q3. (1 John 2:20, 27)

In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us?

Whatever a man / woman of god does he/she does it by the grace of the Holy Spirit.

Example: The revival we receive in the church through the pastors, it is the work of the Holy Spirit through the pastors. The pastors are GUIDED by the Holy Spirit, then they perform everything according to that guidance and according to the will of God. I could have spoken of many other people in church.

In what ways does he teach us? In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching?

When we want him to operate in us and we invoke him for help us, the Holy Spirit does His wonders in us. We ask him for wisdom, for cure, for whatever is good in the presence of God

In my case, the Holy Spirit is a great teacher, because He helps me remember things that I have learned. And, I believe that He shows me hidden things in scripture that I would not ordinarily see or understand. By this, I mean that I am not the smartest person in the world, and I have to read a thing several times to get the main thrust of it. Also, if I am needing instruction or guidance in a certain area, the Holy Spirit will show me the right scripture or passage that will give me the answer or encouragement that I need. Really, we need look no further for answers that God and His word! It's all there, and the Holy Spirit will help us find it! Gloray!

He leads us to the truth. He brings truth. He makes us know the truth

In what ways does he teach us?

He teaches us all things and reminds us of what we have been taught about him and his teachings. He testifies about Christ Jesus

In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching?

He alerts us to the false teachings or doctrines and points to the truth in Jesus

Christ lives in us through the Holy Spirit, and we also live in Christ. This means that we place our total trust in him, rely on him for guidance and strength, and live as he wants us to live. It implies a personal, life-giving relationship. Where he speaks of Christ as the vine and his followers as the branches

The HS bears witness within me to truth in scripture. He also bears witness within me to error in the teaching of others. He leads through this internal witness. He teaches me via His enlightenment of scripture meaning and application to my life, through conviction, through His witness to scripture. He "drives" us internally to the scriptures and gives a desire to learn of Jesus.

The "Parkelete" is the Comforter which comes from God to teach us all things. He points us to Jesus (God) by teaching us who are his true followers.

The Holy Spirit living in us is an internal guide because He directs us by giving us ideas/ clues on issues that we do not understand. I personally have taken certain decisions that were defintelly from the leading of the Holy Spirit. He has also given me deeper understanding of the scripture at the moments of needs. This is what Jesus promised before his departure from this world. The Holy Spirit is our teacher, guide,conselloe as well as our comforter.

The Holy Spirit speaks to use the truth. He is our Comforter that is with us. But we must continue to listen for His guidence so that we will be lead in the path of righteousness. He teaches us all things concering the lies that the devil use to try to deceive us from doing the things of God. He point out that Jesus is righteous and when He return if we are righteous we will not be ashamed of the things that we do because we are born again of Him.

• In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us?The Holy Spirit imparts to us knowledge and the ability to respond in a manner that honors God and brings glory to His name.
  • In what ways does he teach us? In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching?The Spirit testifies of Jesus to us and instills within us Kingdom values. Through God's Word He exposes falsehoods and points us to the Truth.

468x60.jpg

Click HERE to sponsor a child today

The Holy Spirit is an internal guide that enlightens us, and commends to our memory God's will and ways; teaches us to repent, to shun sin, and to turn to Him and Him alone. The Holy Spirit points us to opposers of Jesus life and teaching.

Patricia

The Holy Spirit acts as an internal guide for us by acting as our conscience. He helps us discern right from wrong.

The Holy Spirit teaches us by opening up the truth of God's Word to us.

The Holy Spirit points us to Jesus' teaching by guiding us through the study of the scriptures.

The Holy Spirit's presence in the life of a believer motivates and convicts the Christian to act and think righteously and justly. The fruits of the spirit as described in Galations 5 are evidence of the Holy Spirit's work in the life of a believer.

Generally, the Holy Spirit teaches by helping us to understand God's Word, motivating us to live it out, and helps us to apply Jesus' teaching to our life.

The Holy Spirit acts as a guide in leading believers in/followers of Christ into the truth, which are the words of Christ, and away from false doctrines. Although I said that I struggle with the question of whether or not God's Spirit is in me because I don't personally feel Him, I do have times when I may hear or see something that I know is wrong and not of God because it goes in opposition of something I remember reading in the Bible; that could be the Spirit putting me in rememberance of Jesus' words, and His way of teaching me and other believers; that may also be the way the Spirit testifies of Jesus Christ.

THE HOLY SPIRIT BRINGS THE WORD TO REMEMBERANCE. HE IS THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, WISDOM , REVELATION KNOWLEDGE AND POWER. HE IS MY PARACLETE, MY COMFORTER, HELPER AND GUIDES ME DAILY.HE TEACHES US THROUGH THE WRITTEN WORD BY ENLIGHTENING THE EYES OR OUR UNDERSTANDING SO WE CAN SEE TRUTH AND HE REVEALS FALSEHOOD SO WE CAN REJECT IT.THE HOLY SPIRIT COMES TO MAGNIFY AND GLORIFY JESUS CHRIST. HE LEADS US INTO TRUTHS.I'LL NEVER FORGET AS A BABY CHRISTIAN, THE HOLY SPIRIT TOLD ME TO CALL MY NEIGHBOR AND PRAY FOR HER. FINALLY, I OBEYED AND BOY WAS I GLAD I DID. SHE HAD BEEN CRYING OUT TO GOD TO SEND SOME ENCOURAGEMENT TO HER BECAUSE SHE WAS NOT WELL. I PRAYED WITH HER AND SHE WAS SO HAPPY GOD HAD HEARD HER CRY AND I WAS BLEESED BECAUSE OBEDIENCE ALWAYS BRINGS THE BLESSINGS.PRAISE GOD. :rolleyes:

THis fits with gaining understanding of worship in spirit. It is a relationship. It is the still small voice. It is bringing awareness of sins and teaching us the truth. The Holy Spirit always points to Jesus in all ways.

The Holy Spirit will shine His light on the darkness in our hearts and minds. He will expose lies and deception and even incorrect thinking in our own minds. He leads into all truth and light. He will not allow us to stay deceived by others and with ourselves.

In what ways does he teach us?

He teaches us with witnessing within our own spirits and with conviction. He drives out false ideas in our thinking as well as directs our spirits toward truth and light. He anoints us with the power of truth.

In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching?

Our spirit will bear witness with Him. In other words, we will be in agreement with His leading (past experience in the Holy Spirit) and anointing so that we will continue to seek Him and follow His direction. His direction can only lead to Jesus Christ and what He teaches.

Brother Ralph - you are so good at raising such important, pointed questions !!

Paul said in Galatians 2:20 "It's no longer I who lives but Christ lives in me!" ... we know Jesus our Saviour is at the Fathers right hand in glory. The Holy Spirit is His emissary to us to live in us, empowering and guiding us to live for the glory of our Heavenly Father. The Holy Spirit is the life and breath of God living in us ... he speaks to our hearts (if we are listening) He corrects us through the 'voice of our conscience' as we surrender our lives to serve Jesus Christ. He also speaks through Godly people's advice (sometimes its my wife!!) The Holy Spirit always bears witness to Jesus Christ ... John 15:26. Anything that contradicts our Lord's teaching or does not honour Jesus cannot be from the Holy Spirit.