JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Greater Is He

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LORD has revealed many of His attributes through His names. We belong to Yahweh the self-existent great I AM, El Elyon the sovereign God Most High, Elohim the powerful Creator God, El Roi the all-seeing God, Sabaoth the victorious Lord of Hosts. All things were created by Him, meaning all things are lesser to Him. Nothing in that creation can exceed His authority, power, and majesty or reach above, beneath, or around Him. Nothing can alter His purposes and perfect will. Nothing is strong enough to separate us from His presence of love. No power can snatch us from His secure hold. Nothing can touch us that He does not allow for a reason. Nothing can thwart His victory over sin and judgment of evil. No lie or perversion can silence His Truth. Nothing can stand against His holiness. And the Holy Spirit of this Glorious God has been given to live within the redeemed. The One who is greater than all things is in us!

Just like we haven't yet fully realized our redemption, I think we can't fully realize the power of this great Victor because of the restraints of our humanity. There is no enemy of God, whether it be human or spirit, that is greater than the Spirit of God. Satan has only been allowed influence over things of this world, but God has authority over all things. The LORD has already defeated Satan and all evil through the atoning work of Christ. It's not yet fully manifest on earth's timeline, but it is finished! By the Spirit, this same victory lives within us, and that should be our confidence to face the trials/uncertainties of life. It is our answer to every need or failure. It is the glorious hope of our future in eternity when we're fully redeemed from sin, fully perfected in the character of Christ, and living in the very presence of Yahweh. He has overcome!

Q2. (1 John 4:4) What in us is greater than false prophets and even Satan? In what sense have we overcome them? In what way will we overcome them in the future? How should this truth affect fear in our lives?

Jesus seed in me is greater than anything this world has to offer. We have overcome sin when we can love our enemy. Knowing the seed within gives us a joy that superseeds anything this world has to offer.

Q2. (1 John 4:4) What in us is greater than false prophets and even Satan? In what sense have we overcome them? In what way will we overcome them in the future? How should this truth affect fear in our lives?

We have the Spirit of God dwelling in us. The word says that. And, because the Spirit dwells in us, we have up close and personal leadership. We have a top-of-the-line, ultimate best, there is no other teacher, teacher. And, we have the word of God. So, we have all we need to know the truth, and to withstand attacks, and false teachings. And, we know that, in the end, God will be victorious, and we will be with Him, and it will be-well, there are no words to describe that.

Knowing all this, we want to be faithful to pray and confess any sin, cause we all sin. We want to make sure that we study the word for ourselves, since we have the Teacher of all teachers in us. And, we should never think that we are all of it-Jesus is all of it! And we are His! So we should be reverent, and careful not to rush to judgement. Compare everything to what the word of God says. Never take anyone's word for scripture-that is very dangerous!

• What in us is greater than false prophets and even Satan? In what sense have we overcome them? In what way will we overcome them in the future?God dwells within us! As believers the Holy Spirit resides in us, shaping us, guiding us, transforming us into the image of Jesus Christ. Day-by-day the Holy Spirit is alive within us, equipping us for spiritual warfare. The gods of this world were defeated at Calvary, and while they still roam "free" on earth, they are shackled to the cross at Calvary. Jesus victory is complete, and we are co-victors in Him. With God on our side, we cannot be defeated.

• How should this truth affect fear in our lives?This truth gives us confidence. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Christ is with me; His rod and staff, they comfort me. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in His house forever.

468X60MOUSE.gif

Click HERE to sponsor a child today

The Holy Spirit of God in us is Greater! The Spirit gives us overcoming power through Christ. Whatever we go through in the future has also gone through God's approval & Jesus overcame to show us we'll overcome too!

This truth should remove fear! I am not alone!! He lives in me! Me & God are a majority & an overcoming majority at that!

The Holy Spirit who Jesus sent when He sat down at the Father's right hand. We over come when we accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour of our lives. We overcome them in the future when Jesus comes back and calls us to Him and we become the true Children of God.

What an assurance too have as we journey through this life, what comfort and power to have, with the knowledge that' greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.

Life has at times put before me obstacles that have appeared so very large and ones that I could never overcome, that's when I used to think I was alone.

But now I am on the victors side, the great Lion from the tribe of Judah, my Saviour and my Lord, overcomes for me, and I can display this confidence to all, by showing courage when there is fear and love when there is hate.

Man of sorrows

What a name

For the Son of God who came

Ruin sinners to reclaim

Hallelujah! What a Saviour

Q2 As children of God, we were given God's Spirit who dwells in us. In 2 Timothy 1:7

St. Paul said that we were not given a spirit of timidity but of power and love and

discipline. Since we are clothed with the mighty power of God's Spirit living in us,

we have nothing to fear for He (God's Spirit) who is in us is greater than anyone in

the world. Therefore Satan you have no place in our lives for we belong to Christ.

Even though we are of the flesh, the final victory against evil is won for in us

lives the mighty Spirit of God whose power so far surpasses the enemy that there is

no comparison. As long as we remain faithful to our God who has redeemed us through

His Son Jesus Christ, who can separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ

Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:39)

What in us is greater than false prophets and even Satan?

The Holy Spirit is gentle but powerful, and with The Holy Spirit in me, Satan's energy is nothing but a weak undercurrent.

In what sense have we overcome them?

We live the life of love.

In what way will we overcome them in the future? How should this truth affect fear in our lives?

By staying aware of our Lord Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit within us, we will stay strong. And slowly we will become fearless and more and more like Him.

Prayer is important. This is perhaps my favorite prayer. It is certainly the prayer I most often repeat.

Lord make me an instrument of thy peace.

Where there is hatred let me sow love

Where there is injury, pardon,

Where there is doubt, faith,

Where there is despair, hope,

Where there is darkness, light,

Where there is sadness, joy.

O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek

To be consoled as to console,

To be understood as to understand,

To be loved as to love,

For it is in giving that we receive,

It is pardoning that we are pardoned,

It is in dying to self that we are born to eternal life

The Prayer of Saint Francis

Q2. (1 John 4:4) What in us is greater than false prophets and even Satan?

The Holy Spirit, Gods Spirit who lives in us is greater than Satan and his followers.

We have overcome them for we no longer let sin control our life, we do not continue to practice sinning, we have overcome because we have purposed in our hearts to be obedient to God and He desires our obedience over sacrifice, for we have been redeemed by His Son. (1Jn. 3:24) If we obey God's commandments, we will stay one in our hearts with him, and he will stay one with us. The Spirit that he has given us is proof that we are one with him.

In what way will we overcome them in the future?

Christ has overcome the world through His faithful obedience, even to the point of death, so we are to stay in faith to the end, knowing we can overcome by recognizing false teaching and as we love and keep Gods commands.

How should this truth affect fear in our lives?

The only fear we should have is to "fear God" something I believe many in the church no longer do, we are not to fear the world and what it can do to us for Gods word makes it clear how this truth should affect our, the believers life - (Titus 2:11-14) For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, Teaching us that, to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

We have the Holy Spirit. God knew we would need a Helper. How grateful I am that He is greater than false prophets and Satan. The Holy Spirit will lead, teach and guide us in all truth. We can be victorious because of the Holy Spirit, if we heed the voice. The fear is not of God, He did not give us the spirit of fear but of love, peace and a sossund mind.

THE HOLY SPIRIT IN ME IS GREATER THAN FALSE PROPHETS WHO DECEIVE, AND SATAN AS WELL, FOR HE IS THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH AND SHOWS US HOW TO OVERCOME THE LIES OF THE ENEMY.WE HAVE OVERCOME THEM IN THE SENSE THAT WE NOW KNOW TRUTH AND CAN OVERCOME NOW AND IN THE FUTURE.REV 12:11 SAYS WE OVERCOME BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB AND THE WORD OF OUR TESTIMONY!!!WE HAVE ALL THE WEAPONS WE NEED TO OVERCOME ANY FEARS OR OBSTACLES THE ENEMY MAY BRING BECAUSE THE VICTORIOUS, TRIUMPHANT ONE LIVES INSIDES US..GLORY!! :)

The Holy Spirit resides in us and He is greater than the world. God says in this world we will have trouble but don't fear for He has overcome the world. I believe that anything the world throws at us God can use for our good and the world's detriment. We worship an awesome and powerful God.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

It's Who is in us that is greater than any force which comes against us....the Spirit of Almighty God resides in every believer.

"We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us".....He has promised us victory, since He has already overcome them.

Since God lives in us and is all powerful, they cannot harm us, as they have to go through Him to get to us!

The final victory will come as told in the Book of Revelation.

Jesus has given us authority and power in Him to bind them...they are under our feet. This has been hard for me to grasp, having been terrified of most things for much of my life due to abuse, death threats as a child, etc. But I've learned that Satan/ demons have only the power over me I allow them to have. The Name of Jesus can vanquish them. Spiritual warfare prayers and worshipping the Lord sends them running. They are defeated but don't want us to know this. They are like fly specks but they have a huge megaphone to intimidate God's children.

It's Who is in us that is greater than any force which comes against us....the Spirit of Almighty God resides in every believer.

"We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us".....He has promised us victory, since He has already overcome them.

Since God lives in us and is all powerful, they cannot harm us, as they have to go through Him to get to us!

The final victory will come as told in the Book of Revelation.

Jesus has given us authority and power in Him to bind them...they are under our feet. This has been hard for me to grasp, having been terrified of most things for much of my life due to abuse, death threats as a child, etc. But I've learned that Satan/ demons have only the power over me I allow them to have. The Name of Jesus can vanquish them. Spiritual warfare prayers and worshipping the Lord sends them running. They are defeated but don't want us to know this. They are like fly specks but they have a huge megaphone to intimidate God's children.

Q2. (1 John 4:4)

We as Christians do not gain victory over the world by our superior intelligence; we gain victory through the Holy Spirit. The indwelling of the Holy Spirit gives us power beyond ourselves. The Holy Spirit is greater than Satan, all evil in this world, and all the false teachings we are exposed to today. He keeps us in the truth of His Word and strengthens us to overcome temptations and also we are able to detect error and refuse to listen to it. We know all evil will fail and the battle has been decided even if it is not over yet. All of us by faith participate in this victory, and this drives all fears away, that we might have for the future; giving us a confidence in our final success.

The fact that we have the Holy Spirit who dwells within us should be sufficient encouragement for us not to fear the things of this world. Remember the flesh may be weak,and we may suffer persecution, ridicule and even pain, but the light that is in us still burns strong, in the hope of our eternal future with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ in our Fathers house.

What in us is greater than false prophets and even Satan? The Holy Spirit.

In what sense have we overcome them? We have overcome them by recognizing false prophets and refusing to following them.

In what way will we overcome them in the future? By continually believing that Jesus is the Son of God (1 John 5:5)

God Holy Spirit that is within us is greater than anything. We have overcome all false things and evil of this world through the power of Christ and the comforter that He gave us. We must always love and understand that our days are for us to grow in the image of Christ regardless of what may try to have us to focus on things in a negative way we MUST truly see things and all things in the likeness of God eyes. If we stay true to the teaching of Christ and spend our days with him praying and reading his word He will guide us on our daily path towards our future. This truth of His precious and loving care and Love for us should only affect fear in our lives if we don't do his will and if we don't strive to love as God love. He gave us the best and we often take it for granted but no longer should we except the things of the evil on but we must stay focus and Love like we never Loved before. His greatness and His Grace and Mercy with what have kept us and we as Christian should be praying for all of our Savalation, after all we are our brothers keeper. So lets learn to keep them in our prayer against all false prophets and Satan work. Think God for your Love in us through Jesus Christ that have give us the gift of life to live in this world and spread your word in Love.

Q2.(1 John 4:4)

The Holy Spirit which is in us is greater than false prophets and Satan.

False prophets and the Satan are always around trying to mislead us. We have not given room to them and we are still with Jesus, so we have overcome them.

In what way will we overcome them in the future? How should this truth affect fear in our lives?

We stay in our faith. With the knowledge that Jesus has risen from death no way shall we loose faith and move astray! What

1Jn 4:4 But you belong to God, my children, and have defeated the false prophets, because the Spirit who is in you is more powerful than the spirit in those who belong to the world.

In us is the Spirit of God...the Holy Spirit which is stronger than any evil or in fact Satan himself. By the power of the Lord we have overcome them since we are under the influence of the Holy Spirit. We know that Jesus defeated death and with His power we have too. We have eternal life through Jesus Christ and not one can harm us. We need not have fear. We know with certainty that the Lord is with us and will protect us from whatever storms may come. That is not to say we will not have trials but He will never leave us.

The Holy Spirit that lives in us is greater then any false prophets and even satan. We can overcome them because the Holy Spirit makes us aware of the lies of satan and the untruths of the false prophets. This truth helps us to stay close to God's Word and not to fear because God has promised that satan or his demons can not harm us. We have eternal life with Jesus upon His return.

Q2. (1 John 4:4) What in us is greater than false prophets and even Satan? Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world.

In what sense have we overcome them? It is the Holy Spirit in us that helps us to recognize false spirits. For whatsoever is born of Yahowah overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

In what way will we overcome them in the future? The conquering power that brings the world to its knees is our faith. The person who wins out over the world's ways is simply the one who believes Yahushua is the Son of Yahowah who offers a full report on the gifts of life and salvation that He is giving us. We don't have to rely on the world's guesses and opinions. We didn't learn this by reading books or going to school; we learned it from Yahowah, who taught us person-to-person through His Son, Yahushua, through the power of His Spirit.

How should this truth affect fear in our lives? We do not have to fear at all. For Elohim gave us not a spirit of fearfulness; but of power and love and discipline. Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith Yahweh of hosts. For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh (for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but mighty before Elohim to the casting down of strongholds), casting down imaginations, and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of Elohim, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Mashiyach;