JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Separation in the Kingdom

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (Luke 17:33-36) What does our passage teach about the separation and judgment that will occur when the Kingdom comes? How should this affect our lives? Our testimony? Our love for our neighbors?

It teaches us that the seperation and judgment will be swift and fast. We better have our spiritual lives in order. As Christians we need to get everybody that we can ready for this day/night. We are to LOVE our Neighbors, whoever & wherever they are. Our testimony should reflect our love for Jesus and God's Kingdom. When we go out proclaimning the Gospel we are to do it in an orderly fashion. Again I must stress that we are to act and look like Christians.

Q4. (Luke 17:33-36) What does our passage teach about the separation and judgment that will occur when the Kingdom comes? How should this affect our lives? Our testimony? Our love for our neighbors?

It simply means that some people go to heaven and other people go to hell.

I don't care how this will happen in detail.

The only thing that matters is that Jesus will return and that we have to be prepared.

Q4. (Luke 17:33-36) What does our passage teach about the separation and judgment that will occur when the Kingdom comes?

It teaches that the separation is sudden, unexpected at all by many, and the time is unknown to all. Believers and unbelievers alike are going about their daily lives. Only those who know Him and have a relationship with Him will be taken to be spared the judgement appointed for those who have rejected Him. Those who are left will experience the wrath of God, which was put upon Jesus on the Cross for the sins of the whole world, but whom they have rejected.

How should this affect our lives?

I want to live as if He could come today...."packed" and ready to go without hesitation! In fellowship with Him and with my brothers and sisters in Christ, sins confessed and repented of, no regrets, no unforgiveness or bitterness harbored toward anyone.

Our testimony?

The Bible tells us we are to be prepared to share "in season and out"....whenever the opportunity arises to tell others about the Love of Jesus. Knowing He's coming soon should motivate us to want more than ever to share and not procrastinate until tomorrow, because that one we've been delaying to tell, might be one left behind.....perhaps standing in line at the grocery store when we are taken from their presence.

Our love for our neighbors?

Jesus said to love our neighbors as we love ourselves....it's not pleasing to Him for us to disregard those within our sphere of influence...neighbors, co-workers, people at the gym, our kids friends and their parents.....all need to know the Lord, and time is short. The times tell me that He's coming soon, so I'm not to delay!

Q4 The passage teaches us that as Christian, we need to be ready at all times for we

do not know when the day or hour of the coming of the Son of Man. Those the Lord

finds worthy will be saved. Therefore, we need to take heed of this warning.

We have to bear in mind that Jesus comes for all people. Not only to the people of

His time but also to us . We have to bear in mind what happened during His time will

also happen to us roday. We need to be prepared and live holy and godly lives so

that we can look forward to His second coming.

As witnesses of God, we need to be an example for others, to have our prayer life

in order and live according to the will of God.

Jesus has commanded us to love our neighbors as ourselves. We need one another to

grow in our spiritual lives and to reach out to those who are in need and to help

them be ready for the second coming.

It speaks again about our being ready - that there is a reward for those that are taken and a consequence or punishment that awaits those that are left

this should encourage us to live lives that will result in us going back with Him. . .

B)

Q4. (Luke 17:33-36) What does our passage teach about the separation and judgment that will occur when the Kingdom comes?

The separation as I understand it is way different than what is taught here by pastor Ralph. What I believe is that in the day of Lot, who was taken out and who was judged? It certainly wasn’t Lot and his family. His wife who did not heed the warning was turned into a pillar of salt. The folks that died were the people who were living carelessly as if there were nothing to fear. The same happened in the day’s of Noah. Who was taken out were the people who did not believe Noah? It was the people that did not get on the boat. In a Psalm of David and honestly throughout the whole book, we see God taking out the evil, rather than taking out the good.

Just for one instance, the scripture in Psalms 91 that makes me think differently is verse 7: A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. And just like in the days of the Exodus, all the people in Goshen were safe while the plagues hit those in Egypt. If we are to live on the earth for a thousand years, why would we leave and then come back? The Bible doesn’t teach a third coming of Jesus, so this all makes me think differently. There is another short passage that makes me think this way as well and it is this:

Isaiah 46:9-10 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

What this tells me is that everything that we wittness in the beginning (the time of Lot and the time of Noah) will be just like that in the end. like God spoke through this prophet, things are not done yet and what happened in the beginning, He has declared will be like this in the end. The end will be like the beginning. As I see time marching on, we as a peoples are getting farther and farther away from His laws and even denying that they are important. We live like there is no tomorrow and the truth is, there is an eternity awaiting those who keep His commandments.

Re 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Re 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

How should this affect our lives? Well either way, we need to live as if today is our last day and be sharing the gospel right up to the end and live our lives accordingly to what we believe.

Our testimony? Should be the lives that we live and the words that come from our mouth, to be the words that we are living, from the pages of scripture.

Our love for our neighbors? This is something I am guilty of right here. I think we should all be praying for the opportunity to reach out to our neighbors with the gospel and the opportunity to lead them to Christ Jesus. I don’t do this all the time, but I have done this in the past. I forget that this should be an on going stretch of my faith.

It will happen in the twinkling of the eye. It will be too late for repentence and turning to God, believing the Gospel. Therefore, we must be ready. In other words, TODAY is the day of salvation, this hour, this minute. Don't put it off! It should affect us to implore our unbelieving neighbors with the truth of the Gospel, that is if we love them.

Luke 17:33-36 - 33Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. 34I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. 35Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left."

What does our passage teach about the separation and judgment that will occur when the Kingdom comes? The believers will not be separated from God. I can not comment on judgment because only God can judge and I can not second guess Him, but I know that He will be fair and just.

How should this affect our lives? Our testimony? Our love for our neighbors? We, as believers, must follow Jesus and demonstrate that love and kindness for all who we come in contact with. We have to try to live as Jesus told His disciples in John 13:34-35, "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Q4. (Luke 17:33-36) What does our passage teach about the separation and judgment that will occur when the Kingdom comes? It teaches that those who believe will be separated from those who reject the message of the Kingdom of God. It doesn't make it clear how they will be separated, but it does make it clear that there will be separation. The passage is also not clear about any judgement. By alluding to what happened to the people who remained behind in Sodom or to those who didn't join Noah in the ark, Jesus seems to be suggesting that those who are left will be destroyed. It doesn't actually say that, but it suggests it.

How should this affect our lives? Our testimony? Our love for our neighbors? In living our life, we should assume that Jesus will return at any given moment. From our own perspective, that obviously means that we should be continually prepared as if this moment is the last before His return. From the perspective of our friends and neighbours, we should make the same assumption and imagine where they would be at that moment. Think of it this way. Your friend is standing on a train track with his back to the oncoming trains. You don't know the times of the trains but know that trains regularly come down that track. Do you (1) do nothing and wait for the train to hit him; (2) tell him that there is a vague possibility that at some time in the future it is just possible that a train might come down the track and he might not have time to get off the track in time (3) do everything possible to get him off the track? Our lives should be a constant witness to all those around us and we should testify to the love of Christ and His all saving power.

Q4. (Luke 17:33-36) What does our passage teach about the separation and judgment that will occur when the Kingdom comes? How should this affect our lives? Our testimony? Our love for our neighbours

By these different examples, Christ wishes to insinuate that good and bad men will be found in every state of life. By those in bed, are understood the rich, by those in the mill, are understood the poor; whilst those in the field designate the pastors of his flock, who are labouring in the vineyard of the Lord.

To the question of his disciples in the preceding verse, our blessed Saviour only returns this enigmatical answer, which seems to mean, that where-ever there are guilty Jews, there shall their enemies pursue them and find them out, not only in Jerusalem, but in all the cities of Judea, Galilee, &c. every where the vengeance of the Lord shall follow them, and overtake them. If we observe some discrepancies between the precise words of our Lord, as given by S. Matt. 24 : 40 an and in Luke, we can reconcile those apparent variations, by supposing that our Lord, in the course of his conversation, made use of both expressions.

Our love for our neighbours is Joy in Faith!

Pax

It respects others and their rights. It requires the practice of justice, and it alone makes us capable of it. Charity inspires a life of self-giving: "Whoever seeks to gain his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will preserve it" (Luke 17:33

Joy is faith. When we walk in the light, there is joy. In this light of faith, we learn to know ourselves and the values of the world. When we tread a path of cheer and joy, everything is friendly, has its importance and worth. Faith strengthens our hope and this in turn gives a sense of contentment and joy. St. Augustine said, "Happiness is nothing more than the joy of truth." Without this light of faith, our world becomes meaningless, lonely, empty, threatening, and paralysing. The only way to happiness is in the way of faith. The more strongly we believe, the more clearly we see, and the deeper is our vision, the deeper is our love. The more we love, the more we will be filled with contentment.

There will be a day when it is too late to pray, the die will have been cast and our fate sealed. As we have chosen to live so shall we continue. Those who chose God will live with God. Those who chose to ignore Him will rue the day.

Urgency, tell them now, tomorrow may not come.

The passages teaches that the separation will happen the one that are dead will rise and the one that is on earth will be taken up with the lord.The words says that one will take away and the other left behind. Our testimony should be that we should be ready when God come back to get us tell people of the goodness of God and to be ready when that day come.We should love our neighbor as we love ourselves and do good to them.

This passage teaches, clearly there will be people taken and there will be people left behind. Again this should make us more conscious of our walk in Christ because we do not know the hour/time when Christ will return. Prayerfully, our daily lives will reflective of a living epistle and a testimony to those around us as most people will probably never open a Bible. Finally, knowing that this could take place at any given moment, we should definitely have a sincere and genuine concern for our neighbors by not only living the life, but praying for and sharing the love of Christ with them.

Q4. (Luke 17:33-36) What does our passage teach about the separation and judgment that will occur when the Kingdom comes? The church will be taken out of the way. The rest will go through the tribulation.

How should this affect our lives? Our testimony? Our love for our neighbors? We should live according to God's word, Tell our neighbors about Christ and hell.

I think we should be ready for the Saviour for no one knows the day or time nor should we quarrel. We should show our neighbors-enemies or friends-Christ's love but not preach to them but to show them by our love that we are His.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus teaches us that the time is coming ,He is coming,not the way he came before,it will be quick,sudden people will be seperated (even the dead)He will come like a thief in the night husbands and wives will be seperated siblings,neighbours.

We have to show people NOW while we have the chance that the Lord Jesus is the only way,we should shine Jesus' love so others will see and change before it is too late,our testimony should be our love of Jesus and walk in his way.Some will be saved and go on to everlasting life others will die and be left behind.what an aweful thought but it is one that is coming so we musr be prepaired for his coming.The coming of the Kingdom

If we dont give our life to Christ now/lose our life that we will not go into the kingdom of God and that not all will. It should make us to live fervently for Christ giving our lives to Him and showing love to all our neighbors and sharing the testimony He has given us through His wonderful grace and love

• 2 weeks later...

One will be saved and one will be lost although they will be together. This is a time of separation. We need to live Holy lives. Live as if Jesus is physically walking with us everyday. Let our lives be a testimony that we are living for Him. We have to be willing to lose our lives for Him, because this present world is not our home. We need to live so that someone else will want the life that we have. We need to whitness to our neighbor so that they will not be lost.

There is going to come a time when the followers of Jesus will be separated from unbelievers to spend eternity in fellowship with Him. Unbelievers will be eternally separated from God. This insight should cause Christians to walk a closer walk with the Lord and strive to be more Christ-like in every aspect of their lives in preparation for His second coming. This should be included in a Christian's testimony and fuel for loving your neighbor as yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

The passage teaches that at the coming of Jesus, some will be taken to eternity and others will be left to face judgement. The dead will resurrect and will be the first to face Jesus and the judgement. We who will still be live will be changed (transfigured). We shall catch up with those who will already be taken in the clouds. How I long to see this day!

This teaches us to keep bearing fruits in spreading the Word of God and repentance. We should keep on doing what pleases God and get ready for the coming of Jesus.

What pleases God, to me, I believe is giving testimony and living at peace with neighbours among others.

The passage teaches that there will be a separation, some with be taken to be with the Son of Man and those that are left will be left to experience destruction and punishment. Our lives should be affected by this by being in a state of preparedness. Our testimony should speak of our conversion and preparation for eternal life as we invite others to join us on this journey to everlasting life. When we truly show love for our neighbors we would share with them our testimony and the gospel of the Kingdom, so that they too would be prepared for Christ

• 2 weeks later...

a)The lightening illustration implies when he comes it will be sudden, with no further warning. People will be going about their normal lives. Prior to this we must undergo suffering, be rejected, seen as useless by the world

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What strikes me is that there is no way to distinguish by their looks or their actions who will or won't be taken or left behind. To me, this warns me to not judge my fellow man too closely - I do not know their hearts and I cannot claim to know the heart of God.