JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Valuing the Kingdom

Q4. What does Jesus teach us about the value and worth of the Kingdom? Why are we tempted to value it so little? What helps us to appreciate its true value? How might your testimony help a seeking friend to value the Kingdom more?

Jesus teaches us that the Kingdom is so valuable, that you cannot buy it as you would pearls, gold or other treasures here on earth, you can not earn it and you can not steal it. The Kingdom is the greatest treasure we could ever hope for but to receive it we have to accept Jesus and follow him and do his will. The Kingdom, if we accept it willingly and eagerly, also gives us eternal life to be lived out in the Kingdom.

The reason we are tempted to value it so little, is that we tend to let the worldly treasures and cares consume us, and it is hard to believe that there is such a wonderful, beautiful place just waiting for us when we leave this world that tends to rule us. we are human and have free will and sometimes that free will tends to make us doubt the reality of God and his Kingdom and it is hard to value something we can not see.

Knowing Jesus and God personally and having the word of God, the bible, tends to help us to appreciate its true value. Having christian friends and having christian values, which today is really hard to find because Satan always seems to put emphasis on the bad things that happen and people tend to lose heart, but if you are grounded in your faith you become stronger and more determined to overcome the bad and you tend to appreciate even more, the true value of the Kingdom of God.

My testimony, if given properly and with knowledge, can definitely help a seeking friend to value the Kingdom more. The testimony you give has to not just be telling them they need to be born again and accept Christ into their heart, but you need to have enough knowledge on how to explain this concept to people. Most people who have not been raised in a Christian family, or with a christian background, do not understand this concept at all, so you have to be careful just how you explain it to others as it will push them even further away from God.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kingdom is worth far more than all the treasures of this world.

We can't see the Kingdom but we can see daily the allurements of this world. Deep abiding faith is required.

A sincere relationship with the Lord helps us to see where true joy is found and the riches that await us when we finally go home.

My testimony is hopefully something a seeking friend can identify with and, by the grace of God, that friend can see the Hope and Joy that is in me.

Q4. What does Jesus teach us about the value and worth of the Kingdom? Why are we tempted to value it so little? What helps us to appreciate its true value? How might your testimony help a seeking friend to value the Kingdom more?

The Kingdom, i.e. being with Jesus, is most important and valuable there is.

We value it so little because we can't have it now right at this moment and we have to make efforts.

And we don't know how it will be.

So we get impatient and discouraged and things like that.

Personally, Isaiah 52:13-53:12 is helping me to appreciate the true value of what Jesus did for us.

For example verses 4 and 5 give a short summary of the sacrifice.

He didn't do us just some pleasure, but He really had to pay for it.

What does Jesus teach us about the value and worth of the Kingdom? It worth more than anything that we can acquire on earth and therefore we must look toward Him.

Why are we tempted to value it so little? Our human senses look toward the things that we can see and we tend to value those things more than what we can not see.

What helps us to appreciate its true value? By understanding what Jesus wants of us. When we follow Jesus, we will experience joy in our lives under any circumstances.

How might your testimony help a seeking friend to value the Kingdom more? A Christian believer can not hide under a basket. As in Luke 8:16, "No one lights a lamp and hides it in a jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, he puts it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light." A true Christian believer will light up the people around them. If a friend can see you act like a Christian, then they will be open to experience the kingdom with you.

Q4. What does Jesus teach us about the value and worth of the Kingdom? He teaches that the Kingdon is of great value and worth giving up everything we have and are to gain.

Why are we tempted to value it so little? Because we can't see it or hold it in our hands.

What helps us to appreciate its true value? By experiencing it and only by taking a step into the Kingdom by putting our trust in God can we gain this experience. Once experienced though, there can surely be no going back.

How might your testimony help a seeking friend to value the Kingdom more? By sharing my experience of the realities here and now of the Kingdom, I pray that that would bring that friend into the same experience.

Q4. What does Jesus teach us about the value and worth of the Kingdom?

Jesus teaches us that the Kingdom is worth more than anything we can desire, achieve, or even know about. Then He put His words into action and proved it with His shed blood for us, while we were yet sinners!

Why are we tempted to value it so little?

Probably because it's invisible to our flesh/eyes. It can only truly be seen/experienced in the Spirit realm, and these human eyes lu-t after what we can SEE; that which seems to be more immediate and which gratifies the flesh. That and the busyness of life we can get caught up in. I think ignorance plays a roll as well. The more our flesh is "crucified", or surrendered to him, the more we "see/experience" the Kingdom.

What helps us to appreciate its true value?

The incomparable price He paid for us to inherit it.

How might your testimony help a seeking friend to value the Kingdom more?

I think of my testimony as "pulling back a veil" which has prevented the hearer from in most cases, even hearing about the Kingdom. I've been thinking of the opportunity we have now that this world is in such end time chaos and despair, to expose others to the awesome Kingdom of God awaiting their entrance.

The Kingdom is beyond price, it is worth absolutely everything that we have.

It does seem a bit abstract. While we do have those precious mountain top moments we spend most of our days in the valley where it is easy to lose our focus.

It helps to remember what it cost Jesus.

Although I have witnessed often, I have never led anyone to Christ there and then. I have however met some of these folks years later and discovered that they have subsequently been born again.

Jesus teaches us that the value and worth of the Kingdom is of great price.

We are tempted to value the Kingdom less than we do the material things on earth, because it is our human nature to acquire things, possessions, and status to have worth and value before the world.

When I am willing to let go of possessions, time, and things acquired in this world to help a seeking friend it shows the love of God in my life. A simple gesture of kindness or help will show a person what I value most in this world.

We believe that we can accomplish everything in our own power. We are all powerful and God is either so very insignificant we think until we reach our personal breaking point in life in our own world. We then have our own world crash down and we see the Kingdom and God (Jesus) as all powerful and thus we become HIs and receive God's blessings. When sharing with our friends we can share how powerless we were until we meet the Master.

Jesus teaches us here how valuable the Kingdom is and there is no price that we can afford to pay for our way. The world teaches us the opposite. That we are to in this life hold onto the riches we amass and have a yearning to accumulate our fortune now. We need to realize that the 'now' is fleeting and that all eternity is ahead of us. We need to realize that all we have is a gift from God and that it is all His in the first place. The Lord has provided for me in so many times of need. When I share with others how my faith has seen me through times that I should not have recovered from they can see that we can depend on the Lord. When they see that I also at times have doubts but the Lord is forever faithful they may well realize that Jesus understands our human feelings but continues to always be there for us.

Q4. What does Jesus teach us about the value and worth of the Kingdom? Its worth far exceeds anything we have on earth.

Why are we tempted to value it so little? We cant see Heaven,its easier to value whats in our hand. The world puts great value on possesions.

What helps us to appreciate its true value? Studing the word and trusting fully in Christ Jesus.

How might your testimony help a seeking friend to value the Kingdom more? They can see through us that thier is a greater reward waiting in Heaven. That possesions isn;t what makes you truely happy.

Jesus teaches us that His Kingdom is far better and worth more than anything we could imagine.

I think we tend to value it so little because it is something that we can't physically see. Only in our death will we be able to value it for what it is worth.

My testimony is that I never stop seeking and learning about Jesus and His Kingdom. The more I study the Bible the more I can, in my mind's eye, see my Lord and His Kingdom.

a)Jesus teaches us that the Kingdom of God is like treasure, we must seek to find out, and it also so valuable that we should be willing to lose all we have to gain eternal life/the Kingdom.

B) I believe the primary reason we value the Kingdom of God is because we lack understanding, and the realities of the Kingdom of God seem so distant. Our lack of faith and trust in the Kingdom is superseded by our own unbelief in the Kingdom of God.

c) We can appreciate and value the Kingdom when we understand it, and when we embrace as a way that the Father has planned for all

Jesus is teaching us that the Kingdom is a far greater treasure to have than what we have in money,power etc and far more valuable than what we have.

We are tempted to value it so little because we value possessions ,power ,money they are the root of all evil

To listen to the teachings of the Lord our God we can learn to understand and to foolow that lead

my testimony of how my life was before I was saved and to shine the light for Jesus and how I behave in my christian life is a beacon of what God has done for me would help friends family and even strangers to know what he has done for me and that I will inherit eternal life in the kingdom and if they follow me towards Jesus they too can inherit the treasures of the Kingdom.....

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. What does Jesus teach us about the value and worth of the Kingdom? As near as I can tell, this innocent took place shortly after the Feast of Dedication. A camel is a beast of burden, much used in eastern countries. It is about the size of the largest ox, with one or two bunches on his back, with long neck and legs, no horns, and with feet adapted to the hot and dry sand. They are capable of carrying heavy burdens and I think this is the point that Yahushua was trying to teach. Great wealth can be such a burden because it can become a heavy load that is hard to put down. But before we can enter the Kingdom of God, we must un-load all that bears such heavy weight upon us and take upon His yoke that is easy because he bears the weight for us. Wealth is an obstruction to our faith, not the result of it.

No matter how hard one might try, no one can work his or her way in, and no matter how rich, no one can buy their way in either. Only Yahweh has provided the way in and that is through His Son, Yahushua.

Why are we tempted to value it so little? Because we do not see the inheritance, we only know that there beyond the blue, lies what is ours to be grasped. We have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

What helps us to appreciate its true value? Our faith and the communion of our relationship with Yahushua.

How might your testimony help a seeking friend to value the Kingdom more? Well our testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Those who keep the commandments of Yahwey, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ are the remnant of His seed, His Son Yahushua. It is by His blood and by the word of our testimony that we will overcome all that lies before us.

The value and worth of the Kingdom is more than anything on earth. The reason we are tempted to value it so little is because we have not really experienced it. We really don't have a clue. Most Christians are not really willing to experience the Kingdom as they are called to do. We don't want to give up the things of this world. Therefore we value the Kingdom very little. We value what we experience. The reality of a follower of Jesus Christ living their faith out in a real/intentional Biblical way catches the attention of others.

It is something that we should be willing to leave all and follow Him. It is like a treasure that we hid, or a pearl of a great price. We value it so little when we have shallow relationships with Christ. Our whole heart is not after Him. We appreciate it's full value the more that we get to know Him. The friend would know that if Christ has changed me and given me so much wisdom, He can do the same thing for my friend.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus teaches us that the kingdom of heaven is more valuable that anything we have on earth. It is of a greater value than all our possession. However, the obligations we make, the promises we make all attempt us to value the kingdom of heaven as less than our material wealth. Being guided by what the Bible says helps us to stick to what it takes to enter the kingdom of heaven. It includes giving the poor, sharing the Word of God with others and living up to the standards of God.

When we give testimonies, we make others aware of God's good deeds. This can make them turn to God, which in turn, I believe earns us Brownie - points.

Jesus teach us that the value and worth of the Kingdom is a gift of God'd grace to everyone who believes in Jesus Christ God's Son. We are tempted to value it so little because the cost comes without monetary value. We appreciate its true value when we accept Jesus gift of salvation and walk in faith and obedience to God's laws. Our testimony of salvation, God's love for us, and His gift of eternal life to those who believe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jesus teach us that the value and worth of the kingdom is not that we can buy it through anything we might pay or do, the kingdom is a gift of God's grace. We can accept this salvation, and looking forward to follow, obey and do God's will, but sometimes we don't do it, then the value is little to us, but to appreciate its true value, we must study, meditate, pray and learn and follow God through bible study and fellowship with god and his followers, and then its value will be truly immense and greater than anything we own and have. Well, my testimony is that believing in God's salvation is free, all we have to do is take it without earning it, since we can never earn our salvation by doing good things since we can not measure up to God's standard of righteousness and holiness, but with God's grace we are saved indeed. Praise God almighty!

The value of the kingdom is such that nothing we have or are even approaches its worth. We can appreciate its value by looking at how ultimately unrewarding are the things of this life, though they are indeed a great gift from God and we are told to appreciate and nurture them. How often we find something that gives us great joy, and then after awhile begins to bore us. How often we no longer stop our activities to see a beautiful sunset. But the beauty of the Kingdom never ceases to amaze and delight.

• 1 month later...

What does Jesus teach us about the value and worth of the Kingdom? Why are we tempted to value it so little? What helps us to appreciate its true value? How might your testimony help a seeking friend to value the Kingdom more?

The value of the kingdom is worth more than anything on earth we can value. We are tempted by worldly things because they are the now thinking the kingdom will be there later for us. Its tru value can be appreciated by following Jesus on a spiritual journey. To enjoy his company, his presence. To be taught along the way by his Word and Spirit. To become part of his great extended family, the Body of Christ throughout the world. And to be filled with hope in the closing days of our journey as we know his promises and feel his comfort within us.

We should lead/influence others by our example.