JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. God is Angry with Moses

Q3. (Exodus 4:13-14a)

Why is God angry with Moses?

Moses was full of excuses, even asking God to send someone else. It was probably this refusal that made God angry.

What is Moses' basic sin? Unbelief, fear, or disobedience?

Probably fear of the unknown, fear of him not being able to do what God required of him. Lack of confidence in his own abilities.

Has the Lord ever been angry with you, do you think?

I

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moses still finds excuses why he cannot carry out the plan of God. Up to this point God has been patient but His anger is about to become evident. God is furious with Moses lack of faith and his refusing to accept his assignment. God has told him there need no need to fear as he will not be alone...He will be with him.

Moses basic sin is his inability to have faith and belief in our God. He needed to trust that he would not be alone and that he would be protected. Eventually, Moses accepted God's plan which set into motion a confrontation that would test Moses' faith.

Having the Lord angry with me has occured several times. I have fallen from His grace. Basically I had committed the same sins as Moses. I refused to heed the Lord's guidance thinking that my decision was better. Were my made out of fear, disbelief, disobedience? I'll never tell, but I will say that once I turned over to Jesus the results were wonderful.

Q3. (Exodus 4:13-14a) Why is God angry with Moses?

Because Moses tries to wiggle out of doing what God wants him to do. Hundreds of years before, God approached Abraham with a mission and Abraham accepted it willingly. Now he approaches Moses with a mission and the exact opposite reaction takes place. Moses at that time had nowhere near the strength of character Abraham had.

What is Moses

Why is God angry with Moses?

Because after all the reassurances, the instruction and the patience God showed Moses in his doubt, Moses said, "Oh Lord, please send someone else to do it." To me God's anger burning wasn't so much like our anger would be, but more in an anger for His will to be done and against the reluctance of the person he asked to go and do it. God didn't just throw the towel in at Moses and say "suit yourself" and march on with someone else though. He gave him a partner in it (Aaron) and eventually, Moses grew into his leadership and trust (though still making mistakes). At first, he had an unreasonable resistance to even begin to do the will of God. That was bordering on refusal. But after, he went forward and was obedient.

I think the BASIC sin at this point was disobedience. He had gotten all the reassurance and patient instruction and then he asked if someone else could go. God's plan was MOSES was going!

Has God ever been angry at me? YES. Mostly for disobedience. As we grow, we mature and His will should be our will and when we balk, doubting Him, then He lets us know our choices aren't the best.

How did Moses appease God? He went.

We get angry with our children when they do what Moses was doing. Why should God not get angry. God did have patience

with Moses though. I think Moses basic sin was fear. He had been without God in his life for a very long time we know at least 40 years and possible 60 or 70 years. He probly had forgotten what it was like to be around the God of His People. I am sure God has been angry with me because I have not always been the christian I should have been. I regret that. Moses appeased God when he went back to Egypt and met with his brother Aaron.

Thank you Ramon, for explaining about the reason for the reprints on my Q. 1! Your kindness helped me to feel less embarrassed! Thank you too, for your encouragement yesterday! You obeyed the Holy Spirit without knowing that the verse you sent is the basis for the book I'm writing! You are a blessing!

Q3. (Exodus 4:13-14a) Why is God angry with Moses?

In essence, Moses was calling God a liar! God had told Moses, I WILL BE YOUR MOUTH AND WILL TEACH YOU WHAT TO SAY.....and Moses response was, again in essence, "I don't believe you can do this...send someone else, I'M NOT UP FOR THE TASK". He totally refuted God's promise to work THROUGH him, negating God's power to perform the promise.

What is Moses' basic sin? Unbelief, fear, or disobedience?

I think it was all three. My heart goes out to Moses.....From my own experience it takes time to trust God, especially when there has been a difficult past. I can almost feel Moses' gut clenching in fear, (I used to live "on that street") so that he was not able to take in what God was saying to him. When I'm afraid, I can't "hear" God. Fear is suddenly "all about me" and I forget the love and power of my God, for a time. I love the Psalm that tells us to quiet ourselves as a child on his mother's breast. (We know that fear is faith in Satan, but doubt that Moses had that on his radar) So unbelief was the result. And just as the Hebrews resisted Moses' attempt to free them because they "knew him not" and therefore did not trust him, I believe Moses was resistant to "follow God" for similar reasons.

Has the Lord ever been angry with you, do you think?

No, never! Although I lived in that fear for many years as a Christian. It was a glorious day when He showed me in scripture that Jesus bore all of God's wrath and anger on the cross, and those who are His will never experience His anger. He disciplines and corrects me, but as a loving Father, never as a raging, or punitive parent! His wrath and anger are stored up for judging those who refuse to come to Him for the free gift of Salvation.

I realized from yesterday's questions that that's why I've been stuck in writing! I had relapsed into an old fear/pattern from the years of abuse. When the writing became very difficult, it became a huge burden which I began to carry, instead of letting Him carry it. I forgot about GRACE for a few months, froze up and was unable to write! I've been coiled up and tense and didn't know why until I answered yesterday's questions about Moses response to God! He has not been angry with me for my response to fear....He's been patiently waiting for this study to begin so He could give me revelation and deliverance to set me free.

I read this in a footnote in the amplified Bible this morning regarding this situation with Moses "When the Lord says "I will send thee", every provision has been made for the appointed task, "I will not fail thee". He who gives the command will also give the equipment. (John Henry Jowett, My Daily Meditation)

Thank you Pastor Wilson for allowing the Holy Spirit to write these lessons through you!

How did Moses appease God's anger?

I didn't see a reference to Moses appeasing God's anger in the scriptures given. But it looks to me that since God is never taken by surprise, He knew Moses would react in this way and had already made a provision which would include Moses, his fearful child, but which would also give Moses support "with skin on"....his brother Aaron. This illustrates what He has shown me under grace...He is my source of all wisdom, provision, help, healing, courage, protection...my all in all. He, in grace (this was before the law was given) provided what Moses needed in order to follow Him. I am filled with praise, worship and thanks for His grace and patient training! Thank you, Jesus for demonstrating this once again to me, in the Life of Moses!

Q.3. (Exodus 4:13-14a) Why is God angry with Moses?

I think God is becoming angry, perturbed with Moses, because Moses was still looking at the big picture, and his abilities to accomplish what God was asking of him.

This required not only the abilities of Moses, but that of Israel as well; he was looking through the glass darkly.

The big picture Moses was looking at, was not just his calling to go and deliver Israel out of the hand, and the power of the Egyptians, a people who wanted him dead, but to go up against Pharaoh, a powerful, strong leader of Egypt, a leader who was bringing great affliction on God

Why is God angry with Moses? It is my belief that when it comes down to it, God is angry with Moses because Moses is being disobedience, he expressed through his complaints that he just did not want to do what God has commanded him to do. God has assured him that whatever communication barrier, insufficiency or deficient aspect that Moses would be able to overcome or have the appropriate help. Yet Moses says that he'd rather not attempt this task, pick someone else.

What is Moses

Q3. (Exodus 4:13-14a) Why is God angry with Moses? What is Moses’ basic sin? Unbelief, fear, or disobedience? Has the Lord ever been angry with you, do you think? How did Moses appease God’s anger

God is angry at Moses for a number of reason.I think Moses offends God in all three ways,He is angry because Moses is reluctant to TRUST GOD! Moses has faith, or he wouldn't be listening to God's word at all, he would have run away from the burning bush in fear! But it is not a strong faith - he knows God exist, but doesn't trust in His sovereignty and His Power!! Moses doesn't trust his own ability to lead God's people. He ask God, why me, I'm a man who does not even have elegant speech? The Lord promises Moses that He will provide all the words and everything else he needs to take His people out of bondage. Moses is still reluctant. His reluctance stems from fear and lack of strong faith. So,I would say unbelief and fear. At this point I don't think God is angered by his disobedience, because Moses though reluctant and full of excuses, eventually accepts God's command to lead His people out of Egypt.Later after Moses accepts God's challenge ,and starts his journey to lead God's People to the promised land. God becomes very angry, angry enough to want to KILL Moses because he has been disobedient by not respecting God's Covenant of circumcision made with Abraham. One of Moses sons has not been circumcised and God is angered to the point of want to kill Moses.

"And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him,( Moses ) and sought to kill him. Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast [it] at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband [art] thou to me. So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband [thou art], because of the circumcision. " (Exodus 4:18-26)

Yes, I'm certain there have been many times in my life when God has been both disappointed in me, and angry with me.I was born to sin. There is only one perfect one who never sinned, and that is Jesus( God himself come to earth in the image of man)I believe when we sin God is disappointed, and angry UNLESS we seek redemption through the blood of His only begotten son Jesus Christ!

Moses appeases God by eventually obeying all of that God commands of him!

Q3. (Exodus 4:13-14a) Why is God angry with Moses? What is Moses’ basic sin? Unbelief, fear, or disobedience? Has the Lord ever been angry with you, do you think? How did Moses appease God’s anger?

Why is God angry with Moses? Even though Moses was raised in the Pharaoh's Palace did not make him the kings son. He had many who where more important than himself. I suppose he knew that he was a Hebrew. He was neither one or the other

What is Moses' basic sin? He had religious instruction from his mother before he was to head on to the Palace.His mother told him never to forget who he was or forget our God. Like us, he .tried to 'pass the buck' but God would not except that. We too are open-season to God's plans, however little or big they might be. We have an advantage over Moses. We have our Bible as a G.P.S. to guide us.Has the Lord ever been angry at me? What a question that is! Naturally, since we are born in sin, anytime I break a commandment(and that's easy) 0ffends Our Father. The Lord told Moses to use his brother Aaron to speak on his behalf. This way, they where both learning. Also, Moses was given a staff in his hand by God for Moses to perform miraclous signs .

Q3. (Exodus 4:13-14a) Why is God angry with Moses? What is Moses basic sin? Unbelief, fear, or disobedience? Has the Lord ever been angry with you, do you think? How did Moses appease Gods anger?

God is angry with Moses because after coaching him on what to say, helping him with both delivery and content, Moses tries to wriggle out of the call, and had series of excuses and "what ifs", Who Am I, what if they ask your name? What if they don't believe me, But I'm not eloquent, and people will kill me and etc.... after each of these what ifs were answered by god, God had responded in anger. Moses basic sin was disobedience, fear and unbelief since he did not want to do it what God had call him to do, fear of what would happen, and not believing that God would call him, and not believing that God will be with him while he is on duty. Yes, I solemnly believe I have anger God since I know I had failed to obey his words many times in my life, so numerous I can not even count all the offenses. Moses appease God's anger, since God provided a second way to convince Moses to take the assignment - his brother Aaron, since he is willing to work with us and find ways to fill in for our weaknesses, so that he can use our strengths, in this case Moses weakness in speech. Finally Moses makes plans to return to Egypt after be convinced and rebuked.