JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. God is Angry with Moses

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) why is God angry with Moses?

1) God is angry with Moses because of his refusal to respond to God's call in his life.Moses had many excuses to which God answered with assuredness that He would be with Moses in those times when Moses needed it. Yet with all that God had told him Moses was still reluctant to respond.

2) What was Moses' basic sin?

2) Moses' basic sin was disobedience. I think that he believed in God and had a reverence for God. I think that after forty years as a shepherd it had humbled Moses to the point that he felt inadequate for the job. Forty years is a long time. Moses had become quite content in his own comfort zone. Not only that he may have been living with fear and guilt of the events in his past. He had committed murder in Egypt and escaped justice. To go back to Egypt he may have felt he would have to face the consequences of his earlier actions. He was in his earlier life bold and daring but now humble. He may not have understood how God could call him to such a task knowing that he had taken a life my murder. This may have been playing in Moses' mind as well. God can see the good in us even when we can't. All we have to do is yield to his call and let God work through us.

3) Has God ever been angry with you, do you think?

3) Yes on many occasions.

4) How did Moses appease God's anger?

4) By finally excepting the task God had called him to do.

this part of scripture reminds me of Jeremiah 1:6-10. but instead of jeremiah, moses refuses to go alone, and this was surely a sign of unbelief. moses didn't know that: when God is with us, who can be against us? this is the problem that every believer has nowadays, we don't know the authority and the great power that we have in Jesus's name, and that like Paul says in Philipians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. God bless you!

Thanks for referencing the Philipians quote. That was a helpful reminder of how this thread appears in other places of God's word. The whole concept of building the Kingdom is not about what skills we bring but what THE LORD can do through us. Moses was too self-involved...his issues, his problems his strengths and his weaknesses. The great I Am promised to be with him (Exodus 3;12). There are no valid excuses. "Trust and obey..for there's no other way." everything else is disoberdience and lack of humble faith in the "great power that we have in Jesus' name." Thanks Kristi.

Gotta say this just cuz everyone else has clearly and completely answered the question so there is not a need to repeat those things... BUT....

no matter where we are "missionaries" for the Kingdom, for God's glory, there is always more work to do. So we, the leaders, post job descriptions and try to recruit people to fill in roles to make the work that we think God wants to happen, successful and completed according to his will. BUT as a leader, I can tell you, there are many many (many , many , many) times that we pray and think God is calling someone to a task and they say, " Wait til the children are older" or " I am just too busy now I have to say "no". or "I have too much on my plate" or some other career oriented conflict. I specifically have prayed and prayed about a few needs in the ministry here and I "know" that God has called some people to those tasks, but, they remain unfilled because LIFE just keeps rolling along and it is really hard to STOP and change routes. People get into a routine, they have a way they live, they like the way their life is going... or at least it is comfortable and predictable. People, maybe even Moses, (though I can't pretend to know what was going on in his head) tend to like the status quo even if it is not great. The alternative is change which most people are resistant to. (Come on Mose... pack up your bags, gather your family, quit your job, kiss Jethro good bye and head to Egypt) is quite a lifestyle change. So to truly grasp what makes answering God's call so difficult, for Moses and for the average Joe, we have to grasp the tremendous faith it takes to literally drop the nets, the fish, the boat and the family...right where they are.. and follow.

God is angry with Moses because he still refuses to carry God's plan despite answering all his questions.

I think all three: he does not believe even after been assured of his doubts; he is afraid despite being told God will be with him and he still does not want to carry the plan for no apparent reason: Oh Lord, please send someone else.

It can be that, God becomes angry with me when I do something wrong; but just temporary anger as He still calls me to repent and after that, He ambraces me.

Moses appeased God by accepting His call to go to Egypt and carry out God's plan to rescue His people.

I think God is angry with the part of Moses that has doubt, and is wanting to avoid the path God has set for him. I certainly have in me, and that is a struggle. My tasks seem easy compared to what Moses would have to accomplish. Moses had to have an unrestrained path to God. We are created in God's image. I don't think He is angry with our true selves. He is angry with what gets in the way of our true selves.

God's anger came from Moses' tries to deviate to accept and to accomplish his mission. Moses' basic sin should be his own disobedience. Of course, the Lord has ever been angry with me uncountable times but I believe I cannot appease HIM as fine as Moses did ( for I have or own lots of weaknesses ). Moses appeased God's anger by his acceptance to obey God's words and to accomplish his mission through working alongside with his brother, Aaron.

I believe God is angry with Moses because God wants obedience to His call immediately. I think Moses' basic sin is fear, which seems to be alleviated when Aaron is appointed to be his assistant.

God is slow to anger,He is lovingly patient. I don't know that He has been angry with me but I do know that He allows me to experience consequences for sin and He Directs me in the Way to go when I Seek Him.

I think God's anger toward Moses was appeased when Moses agrees to follow God's Call, even though Moses felt he needed Aaron to assist him.

Q3. (Exodus 4:13-14a) Why is God angry with Moses? What is Moses

GOD IS ANGRY BECAUSE HE DIDN'T ASK MOSES TO DO ANYTHING ALONE. I THINK IT WAS NOT ENOUGH FAITH AND PRIDE BECAUSE OF MOSES INABILITY TO SPEAK.

I THINK IT WAS FEAR. GOD TAKES OUR WEAKEST POINTS AND TURNS THEM IN TO STRONGHOLDS. I THINK HE WANTED ARRON TO GO WITH HIM TO GIVE HIM COURAGE.

I THINK GOD GETS ANGRY WITH EVERYONE WHEN HE GIVES US DIRECTIONS AND TELLS US HE IS WITH US ALL THE WAY AND WE DON'T HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP OUT ON FAITH.

I THINK MOSES APPEASED GOD WHEN HE AGREED TO GO WITH ARRON GOING TO.

God is angry with Moses because Moses doesn't want to carry out His command. Moses' basic sin is fear and unbelief. I suspect God has been angry with me before. It is just that we dont always listen when He speaks to us. Moses did not appease God's anger in anyway. It is God Himself who found a way of convincing Moses to carry out the assignment.

God was angry with Moses because he kept coming up with excuses as to why he couldn't go to Egypt.

Moses basic sin was disobedience. The Lord told him he was to go to Egypt and Moses kept coming up with ways to try to get out of it.

I know God is anger with me when I sin and when I put off confessing my sin.

Moses appeases God's anger by finally agreeing to follow God's call. I think having his brother Aaron go with him,probably helped Moses to decide to obey God's command to go to Egypt.