JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Letting God Fight the Battle

We tend to fight our battles "in the flesh" rather than using spiritual weapons because we lack faith and do not bring God to the battle for ourselves. Often we mistake the human enemy for the spiritual enemy because we can't make the difference between the two. God will fight our battles if we put Him forward, have faith in Him,and pray Him for all our needs.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We fight our battles in the flesh so we may use methods and tools with which we are familiar

We may often mistake the human enemy as the spiritual enamy in the belief or hope tha God will or can solve the problem for us.

God will fight our enemies for the betterment of the whole.

God will not fight our battles when a solution is for our sole benefit.

We tend to fight our battles in the flesh rather than with spiritual weapons because we fail to realise that we are fighting with spiritual forces. Ignorance makes us to fail to see that our real enemy is satan and his demons and not the individual we have the issues with.

God will fight the battles He has commisioned us and those we have sought His divine will before embarking on. Other than these, we will be left to fight failed battles by ourselves.

Q4. Why do we tend to fight our battles in the flesh rather than using spiritual weapons? Why do we so often mistake the human enemy for the spiritual enemy? When will God fight our battles and when wont he?

1) We tend to fight our battles "in the flesh" rather than using spiritual weapons because that is nature of the flesh. We tend to see battles that we fight as our battles.

2) We often mistake the human enemy for the spiritual enemy because, again, of the flesh. We let our emotions get the best of us and latch out because this is someone we can see.

3) God will fight our battles when they are battles of faith and prayer. He will not fight our battles when they are human strategy and clever words.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One primary reason we fight battles in the flesh is that we don’t recognize when it’s actually a spiritual battle. In our pride or spiritual immaturity we don’t understand who the real enemy is or his true nature and tactics. So we feel self-reliant and adequate enough for the challenge. Yet we are desperately lacking wisdom and discernment.

God will fight our battles when we accept Him as the Commander, follow His dictates on when/how to engage the enemy, remain under His banner, and rightly represent Him in the conflict. I don’t think He will fight them for us when we are the instigators and launch our own little skirmishes apart from His leadership. He won't fight a battle for us when it's not for his glory and purposes.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

4a)The battle is God’s, He has the victory.We get distracted by human opposition externally &internally (pride) & forget our struggle is not the humans with clever words trying to persuade us of their views,We are in a spiritual battle & should fight with faith and prayer against the dark powers of evil one,who wants to undermine our trust in God & the paths he directs us in.

B)The evil one is clever at disguising himself in human “clever” argument,and drawing us into a battle he doesn’t want us to enage in..

c)God will fight our battles when we live according to his will, pick the battles he wants us to engage in on his behalf, that give glory to God, & we seek his help & deliverance and give him ultimate control.He will defend us as we represent him clearly &forthrightly as we lead in line with his will.

• 1 month later...

Q4. Why do we tend to fight our battles in the flesh rather than using spiritual weapons? WE LOVE TO TOUCH OUR TOOLS; FLESH IS A TOOL.

Why do we so often mistake the human enemy for the spiritual enemy? WE CAN SEE THE HUMAN AND IT BLURS THE PRESENCE OF THE SPIRIT.

When will God fight our battles and when won't he? WHEN WE LISTEN, WAIT, AND ACT IN OBEDIENCE TO HIS COMMANDS.

• 1 year later...

Q4. Why do we tend to fight our battles "in the flesh" rather than using spiritual weapons? Why do we so often mistake the human enemy for the spiritual enemy? When will God fight our battles - and when won't he?

We are so used to looking at everything with the natural eye; therefore responding and reacting accordingly. It is not until we come to Christ that our spiritual eyes are opened and even then, we tend to rely more on our natural vision. The flesh responds to what the flesh sees and understands. If we don't seek God concerning warfare we will react in an unspiritual way, because that is the nature of us.

God fights our battles when He has sent us on assignment…when it’s to fulfill His will; God never sends His children out without providing for and protecting them. The battles we create in the flesh, God will not fight those.

• 10 months later...

Q4. Why do we tend to fight our battles in the flesh rather than using spiritual weapons? Why do we so often mistake the human enemy for the spiritual enemy? When will God fight our battles and when wont he?

It is human nature to react. We forget when under pressure that God is in control. All situations and our days should start with continual prayers to remember that it is the Lord's fight in our battles not ours. We fight spiritual wickedness through prayer and fasting, not physical fighting. Words spoken or silence in itself is power when under the direction of the Holy Spirit. Young christians have the hardest time because they have not disciplined themselves or exercised their senses in discernment when situations come up. It is a hard lesson to learn to give it all to the Lord!

• 3 months later...

4. Why do we tend to fight our battles in the flesh rather than using spiritual weapons? Why do we so often mistake the human enemy for the spiritual enemy? When will God fight our battles and when wont he?

We tend to fight our battles in the flesh rather than using spiritual weapons because that is second nature to us after breathing.  I also think many of us do not understand our spiritual weapons or even how to use them.  We operate first and mostly with our natural sight and five senses so that is why we often mistake the human enemy for the spiritual enemy.  We bear offense and get distracted with who and what the devil puts before us.  When we became saved, the Lord traded our old lives, natures for His as well as He gave us His authority, life, etc, and He said He will defend us and never forsake us, so I believe He is constantly fighting our battles. However, I am understanding more how important it is to welcome God in our situations and why we have not because we ask not. We need to constantly ask God to go before us and give Him permission to use us and invade every area of our lives including our issues and battles, and we have to obey His every word.

• 2 years later...

Q4

Ans:

1. we often think the battle is ours, so we take it personal and attacks the physical opponents.

2. We mistaken the human enemy for the spiritual enemy because we can see the human enemy and relates with them. Also, we want to the effects of our prayers

3. Any battle God Commands he'll fight with us. But any battle we call without God approval he won't fight with us.

• 1 year later...

We are flesh and blood so we tend to behave as flesh and blood.  We are weak even though we trust and believe that God will fight our battles.  It is the human nature of us.. We must learn to pray always and ask and seek God in all things.  Jesus in his human form was tempted also by satan and by fear of death, for he was in a mortal body,  but his constant communion with the Father in prayer, seeking his word and his will in all things is what got him through his difficult times.  God always sent angels to strengthen him... He never did anything without talking and praying to God, his father.  The disciples ask him why they could not drive out that demon and Jesus told them it was because they lacked the strength in prayer that was need.  Man forget that God is in control so when we attempt to do things on our own, God will not answer because he wants us to turn and depend on him to meet each and every need.  it is his will that we are to do and when we try to insert our will, nothing gets accomplished. God will fight our battles when we call upon him do so.  We must trust in him and do his will and do what he tells us to do.  Trust and obey.  Love and honor and worship and praise him in all things.  Go to him in prayer. Believe it . Have faith and courage to stand still and watch God work miracles.

• 4 years later...

Q4. Why do we tend to fight our battles "in the flesh" rather than using spiritual weapons?

Why do we so often mistake the human enemy for the spiritual enemy?

When will God fight our battles -- and when won't He?

I guess many times we don't recognize the battle as being spiritual.  Then we actually fight the wrong opponent.  It is  a spiritual warfare. Our battle is not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers , against forces of darkness, against spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.  For this   we need  the armor God has provided for us.  Then stand firm and hold our ground. (no compromise).  We need to be sure that the battle engaged in is not of our own doing. That will destroy us.  

• 1 year later...

Last week, I encouraged a young man, a very new Christian, to take his pressing need to the Lord rather than handle it himself. Daily, he said he was praying. Finally, yesterday, he did something wrong -- he took the problem into his own hands. When I asked him why he didn't wait for the Lord to answer his prayer he said, "I couldn't wait any longer ... time ran out."

Maybe this wasn't the Lord's battle? I don't know. I'm very worried about this young man, now, and don't understand why God didn't lead him more directly, as He often does with new Christians. Those of us who have "aged" in Christ seem to hear His voice with less clarity, as if He expected us to know how to listen more intently and closely, although this isn't always true. I also know Christians who amazingly hear from God all day, even in the little, insignificant things.

I tend to think God doesn't care about the little stuff. I know most people says He does, that we should life up our daily needs and queries to Him, but it seems to me that He is most focused when we are doing the tasks that He set before us to do, His specific will. I hope I'm wrong about this, but fear I'm not.

We fight our battles in the flesh, then, because they're not of great concern to God. Most of them. And, frankly, they're not of great concern to us either. Life has big and little battles. We bring the big ones to him, not the little battles. 

I am confident that, like Moses, when I'm in the middle of my calling, the point of my life ... my destiny, so to speak, that He will fight my battles for and with me. When I'm standing before Pharoah, He'll be there. (But when I'm standing in front of the refrigerator, battling the temptation to have something sweet, He lets me fight that battle alone.)

Most battles are internal. Even the big ones are, ultimately, internal. We fight the weakness of character and faith that we possess AS we fight those external enemies, forces, the government, etc.