JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Religious persecution occurs in our back yard. You can just about pick any country in the world and you'll find some, but I would imagine the greatest persecution occurs in the Middle East, Asia, Latin America and Africa. No matter where we are faced with persecution God rewards those who "keep the faith."

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that all countrys are being persecuted at this time, its just that some maybe more then others. The U.S.A. has been persecuted sense the 1920's. But Russia , China, and the old communist country's and other such as Isrial are worse off then us. the comfort comes in the fact that God's word says that this must first come to pass befor Christ will make his appearance on earth and he shall bring peace and comfort for all that believe that He died for our Salvation and that this is but a moment in time that we've been warned about for over 2000 years and that the end is near, then we shall live with Him forever.

I feel that the countries are in different areas around the world. I believe, there are some persecutions here in the USA as well.

I believe that the persecution won't end until Jesus comes back in some countries like the Middle East, Sudan, and China. Only God knows when the persecution will end for these countries.

Kitty

I believe all countries are being persecuted now days - even here in the United States.

The Book of Revelation can be a comfort and encouragement to them through Faith in Jesus Christ - we will triumph. Jesus will save us from the coming wrath. We need to witness more for Christ. Revelation shows us that God will take care of the evil ones in the end.

I am a subscriber of Voice of the Martyrs Newsletter which I receive online and in the regular mail. Sometimes it is more than I can stand to read what is happening to our precious brothers and sisters who live in countries other than the USA.

I figure if they can go through what they do, the least I can do is read about it for all it's worth and pray, pray, pray!

Besides the middle east, it seems the the worst places for persecution now are Africa and Asia.

The severerity and the "allowable" consequences vary greatly from place to place, but every country is experiencing this to some degree. Revelation gives us hope and a reason to go on. We know it won't last forever. We know the "worst" this world can do to us. Best of all, we know what awaits us after the worst happens.

:P From the information that I have, there is presently persecution of Christians in India, Indonesia, muslim countries. In those places, we have, Christian financed,organised orphanages, schools, hospitals and other humanitarian efforts. In those countries contact with modern civilization was through Christianity only, to start with.

However we have the faith and hope through the promises in the Revelation and elsewhere in the God's word.

I Peter 4:16 "However , if you suffer as Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name"

:lol:

1. There is more persecution and martyrdom now than there has ever been in the history of the world. Right now persecution is going on heavily in Sudan, Balkans, China, North Korea, Southern Philippines, Indonesia to name 6 out of many.

2. By witnessing to the Gospel of Hope, letting people know that God has weathered their persecution with them. That despite evidence to the contrary, God remains with them.

I feel all countries are experiencing tribulations and persecution. What is even sadder is that the some of the people that call themselves Children of God are persecutors and to me they are the worse kind of people. They say that they love God and doing God's will but on the flip side they are doing the total opposite of what God wants us to do.

Honestly I believe all countries are experiencing persecution.

In some countries the perscecution is torturous.

Some say they believe in God; yet when one speaks the name of Jesus it stirs up demonic spirits in people. Many can speak of other names and it seemingly does not disturb anyone... but say Jesus and look out.

There are many scriptures that bring comfort, but just knowing what John saw reveals to me How Great Thou Art.

with love in Him; sunshine

Recently, I read in our newsletter about Christians in Bangladesh being persecuted horrendously. And not only are the Christians being persecuted there but also Hindus and Buddhists. Persecution are also reported in Pakistan besides the world-wide known countries like Rwanda, Bosnia, East Timor. In some areas, Christians are persecuted subtly. Yes, there are some kind of persecution happening daily.

The Book of Revelation calls me to stand strong in my faith, and that Christ, our Risen Victorious King, will be always there to support and encourage me.

At least 42 countries around the world are intolerant of christianity some more extreme than others. I have no experience to understand that. I have lived in two countries so far and both of them ( England, Canada) have a strong constitution based on freedoms. But I believe it is coming to us.

What is written in the book of revelation reminds those who go through torment because of their faith in Jesus that the next life is waiting for them.

Our Lord, our example, is there waiting for them to come home. Not to give a

second thought that this life and the stuff in it is worth more than the next.

I depend on God more when I am in pain.

we are all aware of certain countries where persecution is high regarding christianity, but i think here in our great country where we are supposed to have the utmost freedom to express our faith of choice, that we are dealing with some of the worst persecution imaginable. alot of this comes not only from governmental structure, but from within the body of christ itself. when one doesnt take hold of some enforced doctrines that are being forced upon alot of congregations, then u are considered being "rebellious" to authority. i remember reading in the word, that there would be "many" that would spread false truth in the end days, and that we are to try the spirits, to know if they are of god. for that reason alone i believe the book of revelation is a word for today.

I believe there is persecution/tribulation everywhere in the world. But if I have to have a specific answer I would say Israel, the Middle East and Asia. The book of Revelation can be of comfort and encourage ment because judgement is coming soon and that those who stay strong in their faith will overcome their adversity and be victorious with the Lord.

In the obvious ones, such as the middle east, some parts of India, and Israel is one where Christian Missionaries are persecuted. Germany almost forces people who are not strong in the faith to join a particular denomination, what a problem this is, as those people feel they are "Christians" yet don't even understand the first principles of God's grace and salvation.

We here in the good old USA will face more persecutions in the coming decades. Do make your children and grandchildren aware of this coming danger.

Revalation is so difficult to understand that I think one must have a firm foundation in the other books of the New Testament before one can find comfort in this book. :unsure:

Q3. In what countries are Christians presently experiencing tribulation or persecution for the faith? How can the Book of Revelation be a comfort and encouragement to them

All though, all Christians around the world are being persecuted. the one's you hear about the most, are; Africa, Asia, China,Korea, Yemen, Zimbabwe. The only one you don't hear about is the United States of America.

I think, to most people the book of Revelation, is a harsh and cruel book of God's wrath upon the Earth, and it's people. This is far from the truth. God is a just and loving God. He wants all people to be his Children, but he can not tolerate sin. Thereforth he must judge the sins of the world, and the wicked there in.

Christians are suffering in many parts of the world today including Pakistan, Palestine, Ireland (although these are Christians agains Catholic Christians). Many Islamic-based nations persecute Christians. There is no doubt that God will win the battle over evil. Revelatlion reinforces that we must never lose our faith no matter what we suffer for it. The end in this case will definitely justifies the means. God is hope. God is our Saviour.

Some of the countries and areas Christians face persecution day are China, North Korea, Cuba, Laos, Vietnam, India, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Libya, to name a few. Basically Christians face persecution in just about any communistic or Islamic country.

Persecuted Christians should take comfort in the fact that Jesus knows of their sufferings.

Towards the end of the tribulation period, they will be given justice.

Q3. In what countries are Christians presently experiencing tribulation or persecution for the faith? How can the Book of Revelation be a comfort and encouragement to them?

I'm not sure of all the countries that Christians are presently experiencing persecution, but through reading the posts and knowing through what I have heard and seen I have a better understanding about those out there. I am reminded of the Audio Adrenaline song "He Reigns" and the song that we will all sing together one day. We need to remember these folks, pray for them daily and pray that our faith will be strong that we can overcome the evil that will fill the void we leave when we do not witness our faith and win those to Christ that are being influenced by this world and its evil ways. Consider sending Bibles to those being persecuted...and supporting the Gideons.

I would say that most, if not all, countries have some sort of persecution or suffering for believers. It will show up physically in some, socially in others, political in many. I think here in the US it's more social than anywhere else. But this book should help us all take comfort in who Jesus is and what the ultimate future holds for us.

In Australia, I would say Christians are not being persecuted for their faith, but many of our missionaries have been killed even in the past few years. Christians in such countries as China, Vietnam, Indonesia and many muslim countries live with the daily threat of being arrested, tortured and dying for their faith in Jesus Christ.

The book of Revelations must be a tremendous encouragement to such people because in it they will read that Jesus Christ has promised to those who believe in his name a special place in the kingdom if they remain strong in the face of persecution..

:) Christians are experiencing tribulation or persecution for the faith in countries like China, India, in some Arab nations and in other countries that do not believe in Jesus. It could even be as near as our loved ones and even friends who have not received Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior and those who do not know the message of hope that the gospel brings.

The book of Revelation can be a comfort and encouragement to them and to us by understanding that Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega, the One who knows the ending from the very beginning. No matter what is going on right now in their lives and in ours, God is not surprised, He knows everything that is happening to each one of us. He asks us only to be faithful and overcome the enemy by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony and not to love our lives even unto death. And He is coming back to take us to Himself into the Father's house. As Jesus reigns, we will reign with Him forever. Hallelujah!!! :)