JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Christ and His Churches

The church is His bride and He still walks the church, supervising and empowering the church.

This teaches us that the church belong to Christ and he is not departed from the church spiritually, He left the Holy spirit to empower, teach, instruct and direct the church.

It teaches us that Christ loves the church and cares for it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Q5. What is the significance of the exalted Jesus walking among the lampstands?

It is confirmation of the holy miracle. He was, is and always shall be. He is with us, and the churches who heed his words of advice.

What does this teach us about the church?

That if they are following the word of God and Jesus, they will have his protection and he will be there

What does it teach us about Jesus?

He is truly God, and the head of ALL Churches.

• 1 month later...

The significance of Jesus walking amoung the lampstands shows that He is in us as as we worship the Father and constantly teaching us through those that pastor to us through His word.

It teaches us that the church should be the folkial point of our teaching as long as they do it through the bible ,the qord of God.

It tells me that Jesus is the same today as He was during His life on earth, and will be as time goes by.

• 2 months later...
Q5. What is the significance of the exalted Jesus walking among the lampstands? (1:12-20)  What does this teach us about the church? What does it teach us about Jesus?

WELL I WOULD THINK THE 7 LAMPSTANDS ARE US AS A CHRISTIAN FAMILY AND THAT IS ALIVE AND WELL LIVING AMONG US. THAT JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD AND THE FIRST ONE AND ONLY TO DIE AND TO RISE ON THE 3RD DAY. THAT THOUGH THIS HAPPENED HOW MANY CENTURIES AGO IT IS STILL TRUE.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Jesus walking among the lampstands is significant, because it shows that He is in the church.

2. This teaches us that the church should be centered around Jesus.

3. This teaches us that Jesus should be the center of the church.

• 5 weeks later...

Significance of Jesus walking among lampstands?

He is with us, even as the exalted One. We still have access to Him. He is our center and our focus.

What does this teach us about the church?

The church serves to lift up Jesus, hold Him up for all to see (Matthew 5:14-16. Jesus said, if I be lifted up from the earth, I will draw all people unto me.

Therefore, our role is to lift Jesus up, (as a lamp is lifted by it stand.) Also, the lampstand does not shine except if the lamp is connected. Therefore, we cannot shine except if we are connected to Christ. Jesus among the lampstands reminds us of this important connection. For my own personal life, I see that I cannot shine my light as God has commanded me to do if I do not pray and read my Bible (the ways in which I connect to Jesus) and seek to hear from Him throughout the day.

Also, the church simply means a body of believers. Here, the gathering of lampstands, those who exalt Christ and shine his Light.

What does this teach us about Jesus?

Jesus is the light. He walks with Us. Because of Him, we are not in darkness. Jesus keeps us (the church) together. He is our Center. He is Our Source. He is the Glory through whom we have access to glory and power.

Thank You Jesus that even as the awesome, powerful God You are in whose presence I must bow and worship, I still have access to You and your light. Lord, help me to shine today in You and for You. In Jesus name. Amen.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus walking among the lampstands tells me that he is alive within the church, and is present when we worship and praise Him. I have been to many churches that are dead. They don't understand the relationship with Christ or have never been taught it in the first place. It is such a blessing to belong to Christ and be able to worship in a house of God that reverences God in His fullness to include Christ and the Holy Spirit. This tells me that a church that had Christ in it is alive, as is the spirit of Christ.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus is the head of churches - the lamp stands are the churches, the stars are the messsengers - he is above and with all churches and messengers - guiding them into fullness and richness.

Churches are not here for us, they are here for them. We are not here to receive anything from Jesus or His church, we are here to give and to share the gifts of the spirit to complete His mision, His vision, and His purpose.

It is all about Jesus, it is not about us - it should never be about us. If you read Matthew 10, it states that Jesus is more important than your family, your sons, daughters, mother, father, etc. - it is relationship with Jesus and His purpose that is most important and should always be most important. We are not suitable to serve Him if we cannot place Him first in our lives - the Alpha and Omega - He is our first love.

• 6 months later...

Q5. What is the significance of the exalted Jesus walking among the lampstands? (1:12-20) What does this teach us about the church? What does it teach us about Jesus?

a. The lampstands represent the church and therefore Jesus is walking amongst the church. I think this is significant because we as Christians are the church and Jesus is in our hearts showing us the light.

b. I beleive that this teaches us that we are one church with Christ as our glorious leader.

c. Jesus is always with us and will never leave us. Non believers only have to invite Jesus into their hearts to experience the joy He gives.

• 3 weeks later...

a. The lampstands represent the church and therefore Jesus is walking amongst the church. I think this is significant because we as Christians are the church and Jesus is in our hearts showing us the light.

b. I beleive that this teaches us that we are one church with Christ as our glorious leader.

c. Jesus is always with us and will never leave us. Non believers only have to invite Jesus into their hearts to experience the joy He gives.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life.

No man cometh unto the Father but by me.

The church is to look to Jesus because he is the only way to the father.

This teaches us Jesus is our example. He is the light of the world.

• 4 weeks later...

Q5. What is the significance of the exalted Jesus walking among the lampstands? (1:12-20) What does this teach us about the church? What does it teach us about Jesus?

Jesus is the light, the churches are the lampstand which are the bride of Jesus. Jesus walks amongst his people is what this is referring to. He doesn't walk amongst the church (building) per say what the church represents are God's people. Jesus is the way, the light that leads us, protects us, teaches us, and loves us. He has not abandoned us. He walks amongst us. Jesus is our Savior. He is our Lord. He is our Reedemer.

• 10 months later...

I see Jesus being exalted because he is God and victor over death and defeat of mere human strength and control. He encourages the church-the lampstands-to be strong and continue his work. I think Jesus defeated Satan many years ago and this teaches us to remain standing (faithful) doing what he has called us to do.

• 1 month later...

Jesus is in the midst of the churches. The Lord God is working through the Church in bringing salvation to the world. Jesus is the Head of the Church and is in the midst of the church. The Church is the bride and Jesus Christ is the Groom. Jesus loves and cares for the Church and is concerned for its well-being.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus in the lampstands to me is Christ walking in the churches. He loves & cares for the church. He is still today in the midst of the churches speaking to His people the things that He wishes the church to know, and to change, and to be aware of. He loves the church and is even now lifting it up and edifying it, and wants it to be all that it can be.

I think that the significance of Jesus walking among the lampstands means He is communicating with His people. I think that it shows He is among us even now interceding fo us as needed. I think that he brings reassurance that through the trials and tribulations that we must face each and every day He is still with us. He brings His presence among us, sinners as well as saved, rather than sitting off in Heaven somewhere on His throne waiting for judgement day and for everyone to come to Him.

• 4 weeks later...

I though about that with Jesus beingthe light on the lampstands too. It just struck me now when I read the passage that the churches are the lampstand, not the lamp. Jesus says to his disciples that they should let teir light shine so that all can see, put it on the lampstand so that everyone can see it. Maybe then the light is actually talking about thier tesstimoney, witness of Jesus.

I see significance in Jesus being among the lampstands in two ways, relationship and authority, responsibility. It a picture of the exalted, triumfant jesus thant stands among the lampstands in authority over the church, the head, responsible for the church just as the church is accountable to Jesus.

I though about that with Jesus beingthe light on the lampstands too. It just struck me now when I read the passage that the churches are the lampstand, not the lamp. Jesus says to his disciples that they should let teir light shine so that all can see, put it on the lampstand so that everyone can see it. Maybe then the light is actually talking about thier tesstimoney, witness of Jesus.

I see significance in Jesus being among the lampstands in two ways, relationship and authority, responsibility. It a picture of the exalted, triumfant jesus thant stands among the lampstands in authority over the church, the head, responsible for the church just as the church is accountable to Jesus.

• 1 month later...

Iy signifies that Christ is the Head of the church. We must look to Jesus, and He will lead us in all our endeavors.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus, walking amongst the seven lamps is our light, leading us out of darkness.

This shows us that we, the church need to walk in the light, that is Jesus at the head and the light of His word.

Jesus is the eternal lamp, forever the light of the world, the old and the new.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
This shows us that Jesus is alive and living with us, as Christians. He is communicating with His church. Jesus takes and interest in us and what we are doing. He leads us and guides us - this didn't stop when He died - it was just the beginning. If we open the doors and listen to Him, we will hear Him speak. Take the time to listen!

Q: 5

John, tells us:

Jesus is the faithful witness, the first born from the dead, and the rule over the kings of the earth" (REV.1 : 5 )

Well; it teaches us; that the incredible future he has planned for us, for His faithful followers, that we (believer) can reign with Jesus Christ forever until his return.

PAX

Karl