JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Christ and His Churches

@Grancy :) Christ Jesus, the Groom who is walking with His Bride to be, the Church, is readying her to become His spotless Bride, by protecting, teaching, and loving her unto that perfection. His Light, His Word, His Presence all combined with His great Love covers us guiding us into His Kingdom. We are already His Beloved, betrothed to Him, and we and He await the time of His return to bring us unto Himself.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Q5. What is the significance of the exalted Jesus walking among the lampstands? What does this teach us about the church? What does it teach us about Jesus?

Jesus is shown as the master of the churches. The church must be willing to accept Christ as their lord and master in order to be effective. It teaches us that Jesus can be both supreme and lowly.

Q5. What is the significance of the exalted Jesus walking among the lampstands? What does this teach us about the church? What does it teach us about Jesus?

Jesus is shown as the master of the churches. The church must be willing to accept Christ as their lord and master in order to be effective. It teaches us that Jesus can be both supreme and lowly.

• 3 weeks later...

Q5. What is the significance of the exalted Jesus walking among the lampstands? (1:12-20) What does this teach us about the church? What does it teach us about Jesus?

Jesus walks among the churches - He is the one represented by the church. He is 'in charge' of the church(es) and judges the according to His own words.

• 2 weeks later...

The exalted Jesus among the lampstands lets us know that Jesus is always among us watching over His church and protecting His church ensuring its success. . . Jesus abiding in the midst of the church assures us that the church and its purpose cannot fail - will not fail - and that Jesus, the Almighty God cannot fail and will not fail us. . .

Matthew 16:18 (KJV)

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

B)

• 1 month later...

Answer; The vision of Christ among the lampstands signifies the foundations of the Church where it is to constructed.On the Lordship of Jesus.This word was spoken by Jesus to Peter,in Matthew 16:15-18--15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The one like a son of man standing in the midst of the seven golden lampstands is standing there not as a priest but a judge.He will judged those that diesn

• 2 weeks later...

Q5. What is the significance of the exalted Jesus walking among the lampstands? (1:12-20) What does this teach us about the church? What does it teach us about Jesus?

As I stated in the question before, He is among the lampstand in His spiritual foam. This lampstand signifies his church. We are always to be faithful to our church. Jesus says, "You be faithful to me before men and I will be faithful to you before my father.

I love this image - Christ in the midst of the church at all times. Jesus loves the church and is devoted to her. When we leave the church, we are the church and must carry the Word with us so that people will see Jesus in us. Just as Jesus walks amidst the church, so we walk in our communities. When we leave church, we are to display Jesus in our lives - those wonderful Beatitutes, and if we do, people will want what we have -- Jesus. Matthew 5:14-16 explains it better, "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

Christ as the exalted one and high priest interceding on our behalf, is among and in our midst in the churches. He is aware of every flaw and strength of each church.

The church must represent and become the dwelling place of the spirit of God.

Jesus is the head of the church and light of the world, the church as a lampstand represents Jesus to the lost world!

The significance of Jesus walking among the lampstand is that of Jesus walking among His chosen people. Jesus said He would never leave us. We, at one time or another, have left him. Whether we come back to him or not is a choice we have to make. The church is nt a building. it is the people. We can hold Church services at the beach and not in a building. People today put too much emphasise on a building. Jesus is in our hearts no matter where we hold church or even if we do hold church. Jesus said, "Where two or more are gathered in my name there I will be also." He did not say in a building. And he did not say a large crowd had to be present. It can be a husband and a wife, a daughter and mother, ect. as long as Jesus is with us.

• 1 month later...

Jesus the exalted among the lampstands teaches us that Christ is head of the church, present to guide the church, to love the church, to heal the church in its infirmities. The exalted Jesus among the lampstands show us again how devoted Christ is to our spiritual welfare, exemplifying Christ's position of head of the body (or symbolic bridegroom of the church) See Ephesians 5:29-30 "for no man ever yet hateth his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:for we are members of his body, of his flesh, of his bones." The church (we) is part of Jesus, and He cares for the church (us), eternally present among the lampstands.

Thank you Lord for standing among us, even beyond your incarnation as Son of Man. Thank you for loving us enough to call us part of You.

• 1 month later...

The significance of Jesus being exalted among the lamp stands is to me a symbolism of Him being not only among us in the Church, but as our magnificent, glorious, exalted head of the Church. I see it too as a symbolism of the union of the Groom with His Bride and that she will shine as a light because of HIS light.

The Church itself is considered the lamp stand, but she can only have light through His presence. Without Christ, there is no light. He is instructing each of the Churches here. His Word is a light to their path and gives which direction to go. Things to continue in, things to change. Warnings to take and encouragement in those things that are good. Truth about Himself and promises of things to come.

• 1 month later...

I see this as Jesus being the head of the Church. He gave His freely for the church. Like it has been said the church is not a building. The most important is that we worship God in spirit and in truth. The other importance is that he carries with him a two edged sword and He ready to bring judgment against those who do not choose to obey him or believe him. We have churches that both follow the commands of Christ but also churches who do not believe that Christ is part of the godhead. He gives forth final warnings to the church of what we are to do with the Word He has given to us. Christ became the Living Word. This is a wake up call to all churches. Those who are following God's Word this is an exhortation to continue in the works that they are doing. But a severe admonition to those who refuse to accept and follow the Word of Christ.

• 4 weeks later...

Since Jesus walked among the early churches, we can assume that He walks among our true churches today, in Spirit. It is an awesome and humbling thought, but it seems too often that we don't recognize our illustrious guest, and the object our our worship, to our shame. At our church, we a team of four of us that gather together before each Sunday morning service to pray for our service, and its participants. One thing we make sure that we do in our prayer time is to invite the Holy Spirit into our services. He is a gentleman. He won't force Himself into where He is invited.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have to interpret symbols in the Bible based on their original usage in the tabernacle/tent of meeting. In the tent of meeting, the lampstand was set to illuminate the Bread of the Presence. It is clear that the Bread represents Jesus.

So if the Jesus is surrounded by these lampstands, then their function is to illuminate Jesus. And that is the function of the church. We are to put our light on the lampstand in order to illuminate (give glory to) Jesus to the world. Everything the church does should be illuminating Jesus and showing him to the world.

If we are not doing that, he is gonna spit us out. Here are his words: Revelation 2:5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen, and repent and do the first works; or else I am coming to you swiftly, and will move your lampstand out of its place, unless you repent.

So the question really is: What were the first works of the church and is YOUR church doing those works today? Are you illuminating Christ?

• 1 month later...

It tell us that Jesus have all power over the chruches, and the people that is teaching his people.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

The significance of the exalted Christ walking among the lampstands shows authority and power over the entire world. It also shows He is a friend to those that seek Him. He is closer than a brother. Christ is the head of the church and we are the body of Christ. It teaches us that Christ loves us so much He laid down His life for us.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus is walking among the 7 churches. Jesus walks among our churches today. He is moving about in our pews and through our sanctuaries. As we carry in His light so He comes also. No matte what we face, our persecutions etc. Christ will always move among us and strengthen us. Our church is a source of strengh to the believer. We have "safety" in numbers and feel stronger and our souls are filled in the church. Of course he is with us outside, but the church is a source of strenght and strenght in numbers. Jesus will never leave us. He will be just a whisper away...

• 2 weeks later...

This shows me that Christ's Spirit is ALIVE in the Churches. The Churches who do not honor this Spirit of Christ will pay the price as they are not worthy of being his "Bride". How does a Groom interact with his Bride? With loving and caring gentleness from the heart. This is how Christ walks amongst the Churches. If the Churches choose to turn away from Christ and not honor this love, it will be just like a Bride turning away from her Husband. How can she do this and remain a loving Bride? The churches are thus being given direction on how they are to respond to their "Groom's" love. In our modern world, many have turned away from the truths. Few are left who cling to the Truths that come from Christ. However, it doesn't change the fact that Christ still is present. We may see humans in the "church" who don't "act" like they should in Christian LOVE. That's not where our eyes are to be placed. We look at the GROOM the JESUS CHRIST for direction in our lives. We don't put our eyes even on the "church" but instead on Christ who is meant to be the LOVE as in the "Heart" of the Church.

The sigifiance of Jesus walking among the lampstands is to remind us that lampstands (representing churches), are light-bears and that we as belivers and members the church are to let our lights shine for God in a dark world. Jesus said that we are salt and light. See Matthew 5:13-16. The church is suppose to be light-bears for God.

Additionally, this passage of scripture suggests as Peter wrote: "For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel?" 1 Peter 4:17

Not only is Jesus Christ our savior and friend, but Jesus Christ is God and Judge.

• 4 months later...

I see Jesus walking among His churches (His people) who believe in Him; Christians, who shine with the Holy Spirit believing, walking and talking with Jesus. Jesus is the Head of the Church, the Sheppard watching out over the sheep, protecting us daily, guiding us along the pathway daily.

The church represents Christians. In order to be a servant to our Lord, we need to act accordingly; walk in the light of Jesus, spread the Gospel, pray daily or more often, study His Word. With Jesus in the church we cannot go wrong; He is always with us, never leaving or forsaking us.

Jesus is the God Head of the Church. He is all powerful, to be exulted, worshiped, feared. He has the power over life and death; to reward us or to pass judgment on us. The choice is ours: to be with Him for all eternity or be lost to Satan forever, separate from Him forevermore.

Praise the Lord!!!!!Glory!!!!!

• 1 year later...

We’re all familiar with this verse : "Christ is the Head of the Church: and He is the Saviour of the body" (Eph 5:23) all the more reason why we should acknowledge that Lord of the lamp stands is in the midst of each of the seven churches and that He owns and is in complete command of all His messengers, the angels as He holds the seven stars in His right hand and this should  include His ownership of local the congregation. As He walks among the seven lamp strands He lights them up. He declared that He is the light of the world when He was living in flesh. (John 8:12). He knows everything that goes on in each of the assemblies. “Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with whom we have to do." (Hebr 4:13)

With Jesus here today, the Christian world does need a lamp stand, for He, the Light of the world has inundated the spiritually gloomy world with divine light – each and every one of us are the lamp stands today – for we are spiritually filled with oil and we burn brilliantly in the presence of the Almighty who manifested Himself in Flesh in Jesus, who'll break the seals and work to overcome and end evil for our good.

If you, the Church as a whole and me continue to live like the congregations to whom the seven letters were sent to, the Son of Man will not hesitate to “pull the plug” on us. Time and again we are reprimanded though readings were hear in Church services or when we read the Word by ourselves. Jesus wants us to hear and reconcile our state of life with that of His. He died for our sins – He’s Alive now – today – lets repent.