JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. (2.5) Christians often look at their relation to God as consumers, delighting in what God does for them. What is the mindset of a priest towards God? What actions does this mindset inspire in you?

The mindset of a Priest towards God is to serve Him. To delight in Him and to worship Him and do His will. It inspires me to be more Christ like because Christ was a true Priest of the Most High God. I look at myself and where I was in my life and I thank God for choosing me. I want to learn more and help others to come to the understanding of seeking God for themselves.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (2.5) Christians often look at their relation to God as consumers, delighting in what God does for them. What is the mindset of a priest towards God? What actions does this mindset inspire in you?

The mindset of a priest toward God is that of a servant in waiting; always in a position that when the Master calls for active duty he's available. Our mindset toward God should be that of a humble servant diligent in carrying out His commandments and waiting every opportunity to do that which will glorify Our Lord. Such a mindset inspires me to seek the Lord more earnestly and do the work He's call me to do.

Doing God's will not your own. Doing what is righteous in the eyes of the Lord.

Spreading the word and serving the Lord. Studying his word. Listening to the Spirit and being an example to everybody else.

A priest exists only to serve. He does not look for rewards or benefits and his only concern is honouring God.

I am disabled and while I know God can and does heal, often He doesn't. My prayer has been that healed or not, I glorify Him where I am at and I leave the rest to Him.

What I am trying to say is How often do we expect healing, gifts, fruit etc from God? How self seeking and self serving are we really? AM I?

I pray to God that from here on in, I develop a priests' mindset towards Him, delighting in service and doing it for the joy of serving God without wanting anything in return

• 1 month later...

the mindset of a priest to God is to worship Him at all times. wherever you go and whatever you do. praising Him, spending time with Him in His Word and talking to Him daily. drawing closer to Him. it inspires me to be obedient to Him and to do His will for my life. to imatate Christ every day.

The mindset of priest towards God is that he should be Holy because God is Holy. He has to communion with God all the time through mind and actions. Everything he thinks and does should be acceptable to God being his spiritual offerings. All these things will then radiate towards our neighbors because it is not possible to hide the glory of God through Jesus Christ in us.

This mindset inspire me because I am a priest of God in my family. I am suppose to bring my family to God and model Jesus Christ to them. The relationship that my family will build towards God is my responsibility. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

The mindset of a priest in GOD is one of a faithful servant. Willing to sacrifice to help believers find GOD righteousness. Having such mindset inspires me to seek nonbelievers, strengthen their faith and trust in GOD. Help encourage unbelievers to suffer for GOD. Guide each one to help fellow chrisians do the same.

• 1 month later...

Royal Priesthood means a priesthood of royal rank or in royal service refering to how we offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ

• 4 months later...

I think a mindset of a priest toward God is showing Him how much we love Him and what we can do for Him. The actions is inspires in me is to be the best Christian I can, to give Him my praise, and worship from my heart, to obey Him ans stay in His word, and be a faithful tithe giver.

The first thing that comes to mind of being a royal priest in the Lords church is that of service.Constantly wanting to be of service to glorify His name through all that I do.Being a part of Gods calling should inspire us all to want to excel in all that we do toward expanding and nourishing His Kingdom while we are still able.

We need to praise Him and lift the name of Jesus up on high proclaiming His majesty throughout all the nations.Reign King Jesus Reign.

• 3 months later...

In the OT the 1st priests - Aaron, Moses' brother, and his family and then the Levites, intervened on behalf of the people, the Israelites, in offering up their sacrifices of animals to God. These priests were the servants of God, appointed by God, to do His will on behalf of the people. Sacrificial worship was very important to the Israelites in those days. They had been released from bondage in Egypt and given their promised land. But were sinful in their lack of faith and disobedience time and again. The only way they had to atone for their sins was through animal sacrifices, ordained by God.

We, as Christians, although not Israelites, have been chosen by God to be a 'Royal Priesthood' a term used by Jesus for all believers. This drives us to honour and obey Him, to fear Him with a reverent and Holy fear and to serve Him in every possible way we can.

• 4 months later...

The mindset of a Priest is to offer up sacrifices unto God, giving all they can spiritually to God through sacrifices and praises and songs.

This also inspires me to offer up sacrifices of praise and worship unto the Lord for all of His goodness and mercy. For the Lord has already done so much for me I just want to give all I can to Him and I realize that the most I can give Him is praise and worship and telling others about Him.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Q1. (2.5)

Christians often look at their relation to God as consumers, delighting in what God does for them.

What is the mindset of a priest towards God?

What actions does this mindset inspire in you?

We, as believers, are all priests with instant access to our Heavenly Father. We are to offer up spiritual sacrifices to God through our Lord Jesus. It is only through Jesus that we can approach God, and it is only He that can make our offerings acceptable to God. I must remember that everything I do is imperfect and flawed by sin, so I need a mediator to remove all my sin, making it acceptable to God. This inspires me to praise Him, do good works for Him, and share with others for Him. Instead of relying on Him to serve me, it is up to me to acknowledge Him and serve Him!

• 1 month later...

Although God wants us to praise Him and be grateful for the things He does in our lives, He alse wants us to praise and worship Him simply because of who He is.

I spend alot of time being grateful, but I need to spend more time just loving Him and praising Him. I need to tell others of His love for them.

• 5 months later...

We on Jesus team are in the "work for eternity business". Our Motto and ROI is letting him lead us to save one person at a time. We do not think about tomorrow, He gives us plenty to do today. Idle hands are the devil's workshop.

Go do great things for Jesus, now, yes now... that is all we have.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe the mindset of a priest toward God is to be willing to serve Him wholeheartedly,in spite of the sacrifices one has to make. I love helping and giving to others, but sometimes I suffer burnout because I try to do too much and I end up feeling taken advantage of or overlooked. A friend recently had to remind me to do it as unto the Lord,and not look for benefits here on earth.I love all the things the Lord has done for me, but I know I need to be more Christ-minded and not blessings-minded.Being a priest unto God makes me realize I should offer up more spiritual sacrifices unto God through Jesus Christ and not be so self centered.It inspires me to want to praise and worship more than I already do.

• 2 months later...

The mindset of a priest towards God is one of service, constantly looking for ways to serve and offer sacrifices. This inspires me to look for more ways I can serve the Lord and sacrifice my life for Him.

Q1. (2.5) Christians often look at their relation to God as consumers, delighting in what God does for them. What is the mindset of a priest towards God?

The mindset of a priest toward God should be that of a servant to a master.

What actions does this mindset inspire in you?

This mindset inspires devotion and service to God.

• 2 months later...

The mindset of a priest toward God is that of one that is suppose to serve Him and to make sacrifices to Him.

The mindset that this inspires in me is that I need to be serving Him by telling others about Him. I am here to worship Him and make offerings to Him.

• 5 weeks later...

A priest is a servant of the King. What the servant is told to do, he does. Therefore we as believers under Christ we need to offer up our best scarifices (worship) to God. The sacrifices we make must be intentional, filled with faith and acceptable to God. All our actions (sacrifices) need to come out of a pure heart.

• 1 month later...

They are servants to God, doing His will and forgetting about the deeds of the world. They devote their lives to serving those who love God and seek to do His bidding. I think that we all are chosen to a higher calling, doing God's will in differant areas of our lives.Paul calls it the 5 foal ministry we can't all be priest but we can all serve.