Q1. Jesus Suffered for You

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Q1. (2:21) According to 2:21, in what sense did Jesus suffer for you personally?

Jesus suffered for me personally in the sense that He took every sin upon himself so there is nothing that I have done or will do that has not already been covered by his blood. Yes, I want to live like Jesus and for Jesus but I must acknowledge Him every step of the way because I can only live for Him because He took my sin to the cross. He is the only perfect One. I will never be perfect but I can do my best with the strength of the Holy Spirit to follow His example. From there, there is NO MORE NEED FOR ME TO SUFFER. THE SUFFERING HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE. IT IS FINISHED! I have asked Him into my heart to be my Lord and Savior and now I am guilt free!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Q1. (2:21) According to 2:21, in what sense did Jesus suffer for you personally?

I was raised in a church until I ran away from home at the age of 15. I was born in the hills of Virginia, a regular poor hill billy. I wanted the green grass on the other side of the fence. My life was a living hell after that. Yet all that time God's protection was with me because of the stripes Jesus Christ suffered, The insult, the persacution He went through, the cross He carried to Golgatha, the blood He shed there for the sinful life I was living. I was in and out of marriage and abuse. My last husband died and I sat in his chair and looked toward the heavens to the Jesus I knew as a child and cried out if you don't do something in my life to keep me from returing to the life I had been living I was going to kill my self. At that time I jump from the chair went to the phone and called the Pastor who had did the funeral. " I need God in my life will you come and talk to me." He was Assembly of God Pastor. He immeadiately came and invited me to church. I went. It was different from what I had been raised in, but it was an answer to my cry of dispair. From that day forward no turning back. That was 36 year ago. I am now an ordaiedned minister, I have been to Peru 3 time as a Missionary, Now I am an Evangalist Prophet called of God and confirmed by the church. That is my personal testamony. Oh yes, I have suffered for the gosepel physically, emothionally, spat on in Peru, attacted by theives, went hungry. lied about, Slandered, I would not change on day for the life I have lived since the day I accepted Christ into my life and called of Him to go. As in the book of Isaiah God asked, " Who will go," I felt that burning to answer,"I will go where ever you lead me. ' Praise God. Jesus is my life, in Him I Live. In the world I was dead.

• 3 weeks later...

He took our sins on Himself when He went to the cross. He didn't have to endure all that humiliation and suffering, but did it for our sake. We see the atonement and redemption in this act of His.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jesus death was an intimate act of love towards me. He willingly took all the sins I have ever committed and those I am still to do and lifted them off me and onto His shoulders.

All Jesus has ever asked is to be loved by me, even without that, He died for me. He died for those who will never love Him.

I know some very dirty homes, the sort where you need to bath and bleach your clothes after you have been in them. My home (me) was even dirtier than that and yet Jesus came in and cleaned up for me.

It cost Him separation from God - My God, My God, why have you forsaken me - cos it contaminated Him.

It caused Him physical suffering.

YET HE CHOSE TO DO IT COS HE LOVES ME

• 1 month later...

The suffering of Jesus was personally for me to follow. He set an example for me to take my cross and die of my sins with Him. He showed me the ultimate example of humility, love & obedience to the will of the father even if it cause my life. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The very freedom that God gave to us we used to sin against Him and through Adams fall we are all doomed to death without Christ. Just as Adam sinned so do we all in our everyday efforts to live our lives.Our sins are seen when we look to the law and can see that we can never live up to the it.The law demands perfection and without the only perfect one we can never come into the presence of a perfect God.

I know that without Jesus my life would be destined for eternal strife and separation from God.Jesus came and took all my sin upon Himself,He died in my place and when He rose again He conquered death on my behalf.Now as one of His children I never need fear death or separation from my Father in heaven as my debt was paid in full through the blood of Jesus my King and Saviour Amen.

He brings us into a relationship with the Father and through His perfection we are made holy to God .

Jesus suffered for me personally by dying on the cross. Jesus was the one sent by God to die for my sins. He suffered in his body and soul for me. He suffered voluntarily, not for himself, but for me, with the readiness and the patience. Of all the suffering Jesus did for me, should I not suffer what little I have here to go through?

• 3 months later...

Jesus' purpose in coming to our earth as the Son of God was for our Salvation. To save us from our sins, as we are all sinners, born into this world's sin. So He took all our sin to the cross, to die for our sake and thereby to redeem us from our sinful state. He could have saved himself all that suffering and quite easily have called down an army of angels to prevent what was being done to Him. But in obedience he chose not to, and to rather endure the cross for us.

• 4 months later...

Q1.(2:21) According to 2:21, in what sense did Jesus suffer for you personally?

Jesus suffered so that if I would believe in Him and except Him as my Savior that I could have eternal life no matter what kind of life I had lived or how many times I turned away the opportunity is still there. Therefore leaving us an example that we should treat others and love others just as He loved us.

• 2 months later...

Q1. (2:21)

According to 2:21, in what sense did Jesus suffer for you personally?

Jesus suffered by dying on the Cross. Jesus suffered for my sins, setting me free from the stranglehold of sin, and allowing me to come to the Father. He died so that I may enter the Kingdom of Heaven, escape everlasting Damnation, and spend eternity with Him.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Jesus is my creator, my savior, my redeemer. he knows everything about me. He suffered personally for me on the cross, as he did for everyone he created. This is part of the amazement and mystery of what God is, and how he loves each of us in a way we are not capable of fully understanding. How can he know so much about me and everyone? It is in his plan for us to glorify him with the joy of knowing our salvation, which we simply don't deserve. We are sinners and are lost without him.

What would it mean to be lost for all eternity, to be dead? His blood bought us life with him. His suffering for our sins bought us freedom from sin, or at least the guilt of sin. He is is our all in all. He is our everything.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Jesus took all my sin on himself and became the atonement lamb for me personally. Jesus did not sin, yet He took the just punishment on my behalf for the sin I have committed - He was put to death.

Jesus took my sin once and for all and replaced it with His mercy and grace. I am no longer a slave to sin but a slave to righteous living!

• 4 weeks later...

He suffered the pain of my sin in His body, the rath of God that was meant for me He bore for me that I might live.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus suffered for me to set me an example to follow. I am to suffer injustices when they happen without retaliation and reprisal. I should do as Jesus did when being persecuted.

• 6 months later...

5a)He suffered endure physical toture,abuse and mocking,spiritual abandonement testing &agony of pain,loss,separation from heavenly father before he commited His Spirit into God’s hands.He had to die to free me from my sin. so that we may die to sins and live for righteousness, by his wounds we are healed 1Peter2:24 My response can only be to serve Him,thank him for remembering me and care his children, not retaliate when mistreated but live as he did.