JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Barrenness vs. Christian Character

Q4. (2 Peter 1:10) Why is Christian character an essential indicator of being saved or rescued by Christ? What Biblical assurance of salvation can you offer the fruitless, barren "believer"?

When someone accepts Christ, they are saved by Him. God's righteousness is credited to them. His Holy Spirit resides in them. Naturally, these changes make the person different and the Godly characters show in the believer. It shows the world here is a Christian. A light cannot be hidden under a pillow. The warm glow of Christianity definitely begins to show off a Christian. That is an indicator that this person belongs to Christ after being saved by Christ.

A fruitless barren believer is one who is selfish. He gets salvation and is satisfied about it and doesn't bother about others. The Bible says love one another as Christ loved you. The selfish believer should start thinking about the spiritual hunger of other christians too. :o Love should be the watchword of a Christian. Love covers a multitude of sins. Agape love should become a second nature for a Christian. Then only they will start bearing fruit in thier lives.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are true in our faith it will show in our daily lives and if proves to God that we believe in him and will do righteous in his name. To believe, to gain the knowledge, and to be righteous will lead us to everlasting life and to Paradise.

If we act as the world does what difference has Christ made? We are then deceiving ourselves. If a believer is fruitless they will be in danger of God's correction and or chastening and then scourging. They need to read and pray so the Holy Spirit can make known to them what their problem is if they don't know. I think of the scripture that where the gardener says, "let me agitate the soil this year and if it still doesn't produce, you can cut it down".

Christian character is an essential indicator of being saved or rescued by Christ because His character overtakes our lives when we submit to His will. The Biblical assurance of salvation I can offer the fruitless, barren "believer" is that as long as He is the Lord of our life, He will keep us unto Him forever.

Q4. (2 Peter 1:10) Why is Christian character an essential indicator of being saved or rescued by Christ? What Biblical assurance of salvation can you offer the fruitless, barren "believer"?

Being saved and rescued by Christ,to me is a great change in my life.I am giving up my old sinful self.It just doesent come over night,you have to work on yourself.I would say"Mind Over Matter",but I know I must have Jesus in me to overcome my sinful self.Now I am a Christian I want to bare "Good Fruit",I want the good things that God has promised me but I know I have to change and let Christ work in my life.I have to pray for Jesus's protection"Psalm 91" is what I use.I also say other prayers but Psalm 91 is the strongest for me.I dont want to be a YO-Yo,up and down,up and down.I pray to be a strong Christian by the help of Jesus Christ,where I can help others.And best of all I want to hear God say."Well done my lovely daughter,come right on in and see what my heaven looks like that I have prepared for you. Amen

:huh: Why is Christian character an essential indicator of being saved or rescued by Chrisst? Romans 8:28 says; And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 2 Peter 3;17 says; Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your gaurd so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. and Jude 24 says;To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence woithut fault and with great joy.

:) These verses tell me to keep focused on Christ and be not swayed by what the world has to offer. I say daily in Gods word and study, and one of the biggest help to to try to meorize the verses that I have read, they are my ammunition to fight off what satan put in my way.

:huh: What Biblical assurance of salvation can I offer the fruitless, barren "beliver." :) Like 2 Peter 1:10-11 says; "Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure, For if you do these things, YOU WILL NEVER FALL, and you will recieve a rich welcome in the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thie verse along with the others says it all, Keep on Keepping on, and say focused on Christ and Yes somtimes it seems hopless, but remeber Chrsit has been down this road and had victory over it.

• 2 weeks later...

Christian character is automatic if "one" truely repented & accepted Jesus as their Savior & God! And essential of our testimony & witness of/to God in our lives.

If one is growing, no matter how slow or fast in Christ, then they are saved and protected, and we encourage them to renew their minds daily & to repent of that they stumbled over, daily & often daily. For again, as long as we are growing in Christ, then His Character is being built up in us :D !

Q4. (2 Peter 1:10) Why is Christian character an essential indicator of being saved or rescued by Christ?

Our Christian character is an essentail indicator of being saved or rescued by Christ as this "our life" is being observed daily by onlookers, both saved and non saved, and many times, it is through our livestyles that others are drawn to God, there is this quote that sums this all up, "Your life may be the only bible that someone else may read", this is something that we need to be conscious of, and we MUST exhibit Christ likeness in all aspects of our Christian life, especially when things are on the down low in our lives and we are experiencingthe persecutions, others are looking on, to see how we deal with, do we give in and forgot, or do we give Thanks in every situation?. Te christian charcter in essence is powerful, it commands respect and reverence from the unsaved. think about it, doesn't your non christian friend act different around you, than their other unsaved frinds?. They tend to respect your Christianity, your relationship with the Lord. :)

What Biblical assurance of salvation can you offer the fruitless, barren "believer"?

For the barren believer, I would say, don't be discouraged, do a self evaluation, see if you are really giving yourself fully to the Lord, search His word and try to get to know him, "personally", remember that God always has His arms outstrectched and ready to receive us, and our desire for him will take us to where we ought to be with him. Also, it takes some people years to really know and understand who God is, some will learn faster than others, some willl disern their gifts before others, some will seem to be more spiritual than others, but its for you to ask God, "what is my purpose, let it be known to me?" and also for you to avail yourself to Him and His service. It makes no sense you just sit back,and say. i'm not growing, you have to earnestly seek to know him through His word in order for Him to manifest Himself in your life and for yoy to grow. ;)

If we continue to do what is expected of us as true Christians, we will never fail but we must have faith, endurance, knowledge, love altogether in order to accomplish this.

The fruitless and barren believers will be full with the divine faitth as long as they continue to believe and they too will be rewarded greatly.

It is easy to become discouraged, take it from me but as long as we continue to ask for strength and guidance, our faith will continue to grow abundantly.

• 4 weeks later...

Q4. (2 Peter 1:10) Why is Christian character an essential indicator of being saved or rescued by Christ?

When we have a Christian character, it allows others to see Jesus in us, and we will be effective witnesses for Him.

What Biblical assurance of salvation can you offer the fruitless, barren "believer"?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 :rolleyes:

HOW SWEET IT IS

I HAVE A FRIEND IN JESUS

I WAS LOST AND NOW

I'VE FOUND

I ASKED TO BE A CHANEL

AND HE CHOSE ME TO BE

HIS FRIEND, HE GAVE HIS LIFE

FOR ME AND IN MY HEART LIVES

AN A WAY THAT INDEED IS MIRACULOUS

THE LIGHT SHINES ON A HILL

AND MY LIFE HEADS TOWARDS THE HILL

BY GRACE I'VE SAVED AND I REBUKE

SIN AT EVERY STEP.

IF WE DO AS HE SAYS WE WILL BECOME

A WONDERFUL FELLOWSHIP A FAMILY IN HIM

THAT IS IN HEAVEN AND WE WILL SING PSALMS

OF GLORY GLORY TO THE KING OF KINGS

WHAT A WONDERFUL THING IS TO BE A CHRISTIAN

MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU.

• 9 months later...

In our character we can display God's saving work in our lives. And quoting verse 10 of chapter 1 of second Peter from New Living Translation "Work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen. Doing this, you will never stumble or fall away". We can prove to the world that truly we are saved or rescued by God in our character or in our action.

What Biblical assurance of salvation can you offer the fruitless, barren "believer"? 2 Peter 1:9 "But those who fail to develop these virtues are blind or, at least, very shortsighted. They have already forgotten that God has cleansed them from their old life of sin." (NLT)

• 3 weeks later...

When a person genuinely repents and receives Christ as Savior, the Holy Spirit of Christ comes in to dwell. The presence of the Spirit will produce His fruit in you. This fruit is the growth of Christ-like character. Over time, this will be an obvious outward evidence of the inner process. If there is no outward evidence in a person, no change in thought or behavior, then true salvation is questionable.

The qualities of an effective, fruitful, and growing Christian life are clearly spelled out in this week

• 4 months later...
:D 2PETER 1:10 Q4---- AN INDICATION OF A CHRISTIANS CHARACTER IS NORMALY BY SEVERAL THINGS, LOVE,JOY,PEACE,LONGSUFFERING,KINDNESS,GOODNESS,FAITHFULNESS,GENTLENESS AND SELF-CONTROL=GALATIANS 5:22-23; IF WE LIVE IN THE SPIRIT, LET US ALSO WALK IN THE SPIRIT(V25) MAYBE THEN WE WONT BE BARREN AND FRUITLESS; :o AMEN

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We must live the example to stand behind our commitment. What comes out of the mouth, comes out of the heart.....what shows in our actions, is the same.

for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life....

• 4 weeks later...

Developed Christian character is an essential indicator of whether or not we are permitting the Holy Spirit to operate in our lives. It is an indicator of our commitment to surrendering our will to the will of God so that He can use us for what He has purposed us for on this planet. My fruitfulness is an indicator of my relationship with Jesus Christ. James said that a faith without works is dead. Faith that is only in the mind and is not actualized by practice or action is fantasy and is dead.

The only biblical assurance of salvation that I can offer the fruitless, barren believer is that they redicate their lives to Jesus Christ or really get saved and make Jesus Christ their Lord and practice discipleship. People live out what they believe or don't believe. Action speaks louder than words. Lips say anything, action speaks the truth.

Our whole being should be a reflection of the character and nature of the Lord. Above all things, His demeanor draws people to Him, through us. As we are called to walk as He walked and to walk worthy of our calling it is apparent that the Father has this expectation of us and our salvation hinges upon it.

Luke 3:8-9 and John 15:3-4. In the first John the Immerser tells us to bring forth our sinful fuit and repent of it, while in the latter, the Lord tells us that we need to depend upon him to produce good fruit, spiritual growth. Coupled together these scriptures offer the hearer much to think about in terms of giving Jesus a chance.

• 2 months later...

It is because Our Salavation is not based by good deeds so that we live the way we want. If we truly belong to The Lord our hard work will prove it. If we are not working to develope the qualities listed in 2 Peter 1:5-7, we may not belong to Him.

We know that all things wor for good for those who the Lord. Whether bad or good, we have to know that it is from God and it will work for our own good.

• 8 months later...

Christian character is an essential indicator of being saved because Christ's promise to save us from our sin includes not only forgiveness, but also purification from sin (1Jn1:12). It is not possible for a man to have his sins removed and not produce Godly fruit because the world is set up in such a manner that we either sow to please our flesh or we sow to please God's Spirit - for this reason God cannot be mocked by those who call themselves Christian but produce no fruit. (Gal 6). I think we need to be careful, however, to look closely for at least some fruit before anyone decide that another is barren, for it is the field that is watered on often that produces much fruit and sowing is by nature an investment. If we see a new Christian with only nominal fruit compared to us "super Christians" but also see them sowing the word in their own hearts through biblical study with humility, we can be certain of Christ's faithfulness that they will bear much fruit.

• 5 months later...

Christian character is the essential indicator of being saved by Christ because you are sure to live by God's word. You concentrate on Jesus Christ and try to live exactly the way He tells you too. You love Christ that much to be obedient to His Word, and people that meet you and can see that you are a follower of Christ without you telling them.

• 1 year later...

Q4. (2 Peter 1:10)

Why is Christian character an essential indicator of being saved or rescued by Christ?

When we demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit in our lives, this is an essential indicator, and unmistakable evidence that we truly belong to Him. A holy life proves the reality of our salvation. Our election took place before creation, and our call when we became converted. So our salvation is sure; our past, present, and future sins are forgiven. This does not mean we can be complacent about living a truly Christian life. If truly saved we will want to please our Lord and we will want to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. There will be slipups now and then because of our rebellious nature, but in general we will see an improvement over time as God takes off all the rough edges, and makes us more like His Son.

• 1 year later...

We have the Holy Spirit in us, and yeah we forget about it alot. That's why we don't walk on water.

But that character is there and He said,... "I'll never leave you."

So, we got it and hopefully we call on it and use it and are used by it, all part of HIS plan.

We are so lucky, so blessed. He is our all in all.

We need to shine to those who don't want to hear Bible talk. Eventually they will get it! It will be in God's timing, we are just HIS instruments.

• 1 year later...

4a) Growing in Christian character,being transformed as mature in faith, keeps our Christian calling secure, shows HS is working in us The evidence is the fruit, being effective and productive in our witness the Spirit at work. and means we will less likely slip back into sinful ways in our behaviour.

B)God is patient & merciful with us, A true believer, because of God's Spirit within WILL manifest some fruit.Matt7Good tree’s cannot produce bad fruit.If barren need to examine heart with HS.Those who keep sinning, do not live in Christ. "No one who lives in him keeps on sinning" (1 John 3:6)Christ cleansed us, by his death, so we could change, grow in Christ leaving our fruitless ways behind, confirming God’s call. Christ wants all to come to reprentance, we all in the process of perfection.Growing character in Christ is a vital indicator that we have been truly called and chosen by God. It also means we avoid the disaster of not reaching our final destination of eternal life. If we believe in Jesus we are secure and our actions point to Him.