JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Obeying before We Can "See" the Destination

It takes and incrediable faith to step out into the unknown. We get caught up in fear, in doubt and self will. These things block us and also allow the enemy to put lies, confustion and false ideas in our head. We begin to doubt Gods intensions and we question the purpose or reason for the situation God is placing at our feet. So when we step out in faith, the kind of faith were we don't become doubting Thomas's God begins to move in our lives in a supernatural way. We must allow God to be God, in and through all our situations. Trusting in his way. We all know the outcome will be of true blessings, if and only if we allow God to take control and walk forward. IT ISN'T EASY BUT IT SURE IS DOABLE !!!!

I am currently in this situation were i am getting ready to leave my home, my family, my support group in order to do what God has set in front of me to do. I am terrified in one sense, but in an other i am so excited to be apart of Gods army. I have had to surrender to the idea that my life is none of my business. That i belong to God and i need to allow him to work in and through me. My life belongs to him and with that i must take up my bed and walk. PRAISE GOD

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (12:1 with Hebrews 11:8-10) Why does it take special faith to begin to do something in obedience to God before we see how it will turn out? Have you had any of these "opportunities"? Are you in the midst of this adventure now?

Faith is not believing that God will but knowing that God will. To be a Christian is to understand this in everything that we do, from waking up in the morning till sleep befalls on us at night, we should give thanks in everything in our life for even the little things that are done is for the glory of God.

• 2 months later...

Q3. (12:1 with Hebrews 11:8-10) Why does it take special faith to begin to do something in obedience to God before we see how it will turn out? Have you had any of these "opportunities"? Are you in the midst of this adventure now?

I need faith and know thaat God will come through for me. I know it is God' will and still seeing it to come to pass, it will be so. God's time table is not mine mu thoughts are not his, but He knows the time and the seson that all will come to pass and the need will be met

There is always hesitation when it comes to the unkn own. But t here are so many promises that God gives us and wheen we beieve them and act on them we can be asureed that God will come throuh. I am having my faith being tested at this day. but I do believe God will provide. Praise God.

I do not always understand God's ways a nd often say I believe, help thou my unbelief. God req

requires taatal submission an d to have His will and way in my life, which is not always easy for me to do. God is faithful a nd keeps His promises every time. God came t hrough beautifull for me today. Praise God for His faithfulness.

• 3 months later...

I believe that when we start to do a thing there is always a question as to whether it is God or "me". In my mind there is a shadow of doubt, knowing that if I fail, I wasn't doing God's will but, my own. It seems that no matter how often the Lord sees me through there is always some hesitation on my part.

I live by faith. My very exisitance is dependent upon God and His provision for me. I am living a life very similar to that of Paul, albeit I am stationary. Never the less, it is Yahweh Yireh that I count on to give me my daily provision. Since I have begun this life I have never needed anything, He gives me His all, and yet, my flesh is always present to cause me to be hestitant about all of this. Quite an adventure indeed.

• 3 months later...

:) We feel vulnerable when starting an endeavor without any assurance that it will turn out as we would like. However, we can be confident that if is in obedience to God, the final result will be good although much patience may be needed. Remember Roman 8:28

Patricia A

• 2 weeks later...

It takes a special faith because we often must move out of our comfort zone. There is a chance that God will send us in a direction that we don't want to go, in which we may lose the security of the life around us. But, like Jonah, resistence is futile :)

If we truly want God to lead us, we must learn to follow that lead without question, with full faith in Him, because He has a plan for us....

• 4 months later...

Fear of the unknown is something we can all relate to. It takes a special kind of faith to step out of your comfort zone. Fear of looking foolish, starting something for the Lord and then taking our eyes off him, wondering if we were suppose to be doing it in the first place, these things hold us back. I'm trying to step out more for the Lord. I have done about 3 of these bible studies, but have only posted a response 1 time. I was afraid that I would look foolish with my spelling or not being able to get my thoughts written down where it would make sense. As I start this study I know I will get so much more out of it if I do respond to the questions, so this is a step of faith for me. If my spelling is wrong or I don't make sense, so be it. I'll never get better at it if I don't try.

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. (12:1 with Hebrews 11:8-10) Why does it take special faith to begin to do something in obedience to God before we see how it will turn out?

It take special faith to begin to do something in obedience to God before we see how it will turn out because the human tendancy is wanting to know what is going to happen before launching into the venture. It is a special leap of faith, however, when you obediently go on the premises that the outcome will be as God desires and I will be in His will. Just do it.

Have you had any of these "opportunities"?

I have had opportunities when I fully trusted in God to take me through situations and came out on the other side thanking Him for His grace and mercies in being with me as He promised.

Are you in the midst of this adventure now?

Yes. I consider my walk with Christ a walk of faith. Every moment my faith takes me where the flesh would say don't, but I press on anyway.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, it takes faith to believe in the promises of God even before we see the manifestation of these promise, it's really our act of obedience together with our belief that God's word will never return without doing want it says it will do. Yes, I had to put my faith to the extreme test when my eldest sister became ill, while complete healing did not come in the way our family wanted, she was substained by God's grace with the illiness for 6 years, before God called her home. Also now too I am waiting on the promises spoken over my life to be forfilled, and I am remined of Habakkuk 2:3, "...though it tarries, wait for it, for it will certainly come..."

• 3 weeks later...

It takes special faith since it is not easy to obey God in advance . I had this experience when recently i had a problem with my boss and was looking out for a change of job .Satan kept on discouranging me that since I am 45 years , it would be difficult to get the job of my choice . God tiold me that he wants me to be the head and not the tail . It really happened after a year as i cluthed to God in faith

• 2 weeks later...

Yes because without that it will be doubtful to accept or obey what God wont's you to do without that special faith as Abraham had. During Samson's birth, the woman doubted and asked the Angel to come back again. For this i need God to grand me that Faith.

• 2 months later...

I think that what makes stepping out on faith so difficult and exciting is that we really have no idea how it's all going to pan out. It's impossible to project how much one discission can alter one own life and the lives of others, and once the decision is made there's no taking it back. Some times the things that God asks us to do don't make sense. For me, I have difficulty trusting in God's goodness. I know that He is good intelectually, but in my own life I have never met a person who is completely good and trustworthy all the time. I can't even comprehend what would look like. It's hard to trust in something that you have never seen and never will see in this lifetime. Although Hebrews 11:1 says that faith is the conviction of things not seen.When one takes a step of faith one is literally steping out on the conviction that God is good even though everything we have ever been exposed to is coruputed and fallen.

That's just it, we don't know it will turn out and that bothers us. This limitation even prevents many from serving God effectively or at, thus denying God the access to do extraordinary through them.

I am in the midst of one these adventures now. I am the Pastor of a new church start and am actively participating with Christian Leaders in uniting Christians of all denominations and races in Live Oak, Florida to change the town and county for Jesus Christ in both word and deed.

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to obey God and do what I feel he would want, but it's so hard not knowing how it will turn out. I don't know what His master plan is for me yet, and so biding my time until I hear His calling is challening. All I can do is know that God has a plan for me, and he is waiting until He needs me, to reveal it. Patience.

• 3 weeks later...

It takes a special faith to step out on your faith and believe God is moving and doing what He says He will do. It is getting the revelation of who God really is, and who you are in Christ. Once you get that down in your heart, there is no way you will believe anything other than the word of God. Once you realize that God does love you, no matter what the devil tries to tell you, you know that He will not fail nor forsake you. You can start walking on that faith and it will grow as you learn to depend on God and take Him at His word. Talk the word of God, confess it with your mouth in the situtation you are in and believing it in your heart. Yes, I have had an opportunity in the last five months and I am still in the midst of the adventure now. What an adventure!! PRAISE THE LORD JESUS FOR HIS TRUTH AND FAITHFULNESS!!

I don't think it takes "special faith" to begin something before we see how it will turn out.... that IS faith. The only thing special about it is that we are trusting in God & His faithfulness, rather than in our own abilities or our own understanding. I have had many of these opportunities and have been blessed by those who have stepped out in faith and obedience, without regard to man's response.... for example, the simple act of praying for someone in a public place, helping launch Celebrate Recovery program, or what I am doing now.... teaching overseas.

Making the decision to come abroad was actually pretty easy. God just made it so clear and opened up doors, so we knew it was Him and His timing. Did that mean the process of leaving was easy? No- Have things turned out the way I thought they would? No- I just have to remember that while some things have caught me off guard, they have not caught God off guard. I cling to the peace I was given about bringing my family overseas... in the hard times, that is all I have to cling to. I remember His peace and choose to trust in His plan... to realize that I don't see the whole picture, but my Lord does and He has a purpose for everything. The process of being here for almost 1year has been difficult... watching my children struggle to adjust and miss "home" has been heartbreaking. Would I do it again? Absolutely.... only because I KNOW this was God's will and I trust that He knows what He is doing. That doesn't mean I haven't been angry with God, confused, frustrated, lonely, or sad.... I have been all of those things within the past several months. However, I would rather struggle within His will than to knowingly disobey Him.

Q3. (12:1 with Hebrews 11:8-10) Why does it take special faith to begin to do something in obedience to God before we see how it will turn out?

Because as humans we always want to know what the end result will be. In our finite picture of our life we try to guide ourselves to where we think God wants us when we should have faith and just believe in God and allow Him to lead us where He directs... not where we "think" is best. To do this you really have to trust and believe that God truelly does know what is best for you and your family and where he leads you is really the best place for you... even when it doesn't see like it at the time.

Q Have you had any of these "opportunities"? Are you in the midst of this adventure now?

Yes, and yes. I have always felt that I should teach overseas, and after many years of searching and waiting, God has finally led me and my family overseas. It was not where I "thought" we should go, it has not been what I "thought" it would be, and it has not been fun, enjoyable, or wonderfull by any means. I started wondering why did I come here? But I have found this, the "why?" is to be obediant. Nothing more, nothing less. The Lord lead, and I follow, that is all He asked of me, His reasons are not mine nor does he have to explain Himself to me. So the why is not important to me, now what has come to focus in my life is, how is God becoming more real to me, how can I grow in Him, how can I learn more of Him. He lead me, I followed, Im learning and enjoying not knowing the why.

• 4 weeks later...

It takes a special faith to begin to do something in obedience to God because we cannot see God with our natural eyes. We have to believe and trust Him totally and stand on His Word believing God will do what He says He will do. God said He would provide our every need. He is a true and faithful Father who cares for His children very much. (2) Yes, I have had an opportunity. (3) I am coming out of the trial I have been in for the last six months. I lost my job and the bottom came out it seemed like. I have the close relationship with God that I had ask Him for and He has taught me so much and is still teaching me. He has showed His love for me and He has provided for me every single day. I had learned that His ways are not our ways because His ways are higher, His timing is not our timing, but His timining is right on time. Praise God, I can not put in words how much I love my Lord for His faithfulness and truthfulness. I know in whom I serve and I know who I am in Christ. We have to put God first in every thing we do. I can still see His hand working in my life. I love Him with my whole heart, soul, and mind.

It takes special faith to begin to do something because sometimes it needs you to take risk.

In this way it shows that one is putting complete trust and loyalty to od that results in a willingness to do God's will. It is complete and humble obedience to God's will, readiness to do whatever he call us to do.

Most of the time if there are some actions to take even in god's Ministry we normally think of something that will continue long after we have gone, and mostly we think of immediate consequences. These are often misleading because they are short-lived. We are to seek God's guidance as we make choices so that He gives us decision for long term.

• 2 months later...

Perhaps the anxiety does not lie in trusting God but rather in trusting our ability to ascertain Gods will. We need to live in close communion with God before we can claim his specific direction. I wonder how many of us actually live those lives, the lives the early christians lived. I know mine is crowded with responsiblities, desire for time to myself, and I have to make a concerted effort to put much of this aside to prioritise my relationship with God.

Fear of the unknown is something we can all relate to. It takes a special kind of faith to step out of your comfort zone. Fear of looking foolish, starting something for the Lord and then taking our eyes off him, wondering if we were suppose to be doing it in the first place, these things hold us back. I'm trying to step out more for the Lord. I have done about 3 of these bible studies, but have only posted a response 1 time. I was afraid that I would look foolish with my spelling or not being able to get my thoughts written down where it would make sense. As I start this study I know I will get so much more out of it if I do respond to the questions, so this is a step of faith for me. If my spelling is wrong or I don't make sense, so be it. I'll never get better at it if I don't try.

I applaude your courage, and reassure you that you are in the midst of a family who are taught to love each other regardless of things like status, education and even personal preference.