JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Testing Our Faith

Q1. What effect does Satan want trials to have in our life? What effect does God want them to have? The effect really depends upon how we respond to the trial. Have you ever been through a trial that strengthens and invigorates you at the end? Have any of your trials inspired others or have you been inspired by another's trial?

He puts feelings of depression,doubr and fear in our lives. We must keep our focus on Christ and throw our complete dependance on Christ. Spening muuch time in His word and quality time in praayer will keeep us in the will of God. Yes, I have had many trials that left me to be a stronger persoon in Christ but also I need to spend time in Prayer and the scriptures daily. Thaat has inspired family and many friends and Passtors.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satan uses our trials to lead us to sin, rebellion against God. Yahweh, on the other hand, wants us to be strengthened, to call upon Him, increase our faith.

A Christian goes through trials every day. This is why we live victoriously. As I come a fork in the road ( a trial) it is for me to choose which way to go. With the loving guidance of the Holy Spirit I will continue along the right path. If I deviate and come to tribulation I need to call upon the Lord to help me through. As long as I depend upon Him, I am assured a victory. I am an overcomer.

In my life I have had much tribulation, the result of much failure because I didn't recognize God. When I finally came to Him He set me free. I have many testimonies of how He brought me through which I give as often as I can. I believe that many others have benefitted from mine as well as your testimony.

• 3 months later...

Q1. What effect does Satan want trials to have in our life? What effect does God want them to have? The effect really depends upon how we respond to the trial. Have you ever been through a trial that strengthens and invigorates you at the end? Have any of your trials inspired others or have you been inspired by another's trial?

Satan want trial to cause us to despair and blame God for our trials but God wants our trials to cause us to trust him even more and to draw closer to Him.

I have been through many trials which have strengthened me.

I know people whose faith grew even stronger as they suffered through illness and this is such an inspiration to me.

I have been told that my perseverance when dealing with a painful nerve disease has been an inspiration to them. :blink:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Q1. What effect does Satan want trials to have in our life? What effect does God want them to have? The effect really depends upon how we respond to the trial.

Satan expects that trials would cause the Believer to lose faith and begin questioning God. God expects that every test we are faced with would bring us closer, to Him. It would build up out faith and would cause us to grow spiritually.

Have you ever been through a trial that strengthens and invigorates you at the end?

Certainly, there has been trials in which I was so very down but in the end I was renewd with vigor and stronger faith.

Have any of your trials inspired others or have you been inspired by another's trial?

When we share our testimony we give others th opportunity of seeing the excellencies of God operating in someone else's life and thereby they too may be lifted up in the spirit.

• 1 month later...

Satan wants trails to overwhelm and destroy us. God wants trails to strengthen our faith and cause us to be closer to him. I've seen trails that have strengthened both myself and others. It's an amazing thing to see yourself or someone else go through something and come out the other side praising God. It is only through God that there is victory.

• 2 months later...

This is a roller coaster ride - satan tries to destroy /weaken our faith through all such testing circumstances , wheras we need to Increase our faith (as the disciples prayed ) and confront /resist satan and draw nearer to God . I have been through the midst of such storms in my life as in my 45 years of pilgrimage on this earth i have faced such situations in my church life as well as office life . I have also been inspired by Ruth Graham and her life as a vital support to Billy Graham

• 3 months later...

Satan wants the trials of life to destroy us and turn us against God. However, God wants the trials of life to develop our character and serve as a witness to others how a faith in God causes us to prosper and grow despite trials.

Yes, I have been through some brutal trials that required me to stay the course, when I really wanted to cut and run, that in the end strengthened and invirgorated my faith -- really impacted my spiritual growth.

My staying the course mentioned above and witnessed by many others, resulted in me being asked to be the Pastor of Grace Community Church of Live Oak, Florida. Being tried by fire often results in being prepared for the assignments God has for us.

Even though they can be painful, trials are good for us.

• 2 months later...

In the trials of our life, Satan wants us to loose faith in God, keep our minds on our circumstance, and not realize who we are in Christ and that is where our help comes from. God wants the effect of standing firmly on His Word, believing in what He said He would do, not looking at our circumstance but beyond the circumstance. Not keeping our eyes on the natural, but the supernatural. Trusting God completely for the answer and waiting patiently on Him. Praising and thanking Him for what He is doing. Yes, I have been through a trial that has strengthened me and invigorated me at the end because I knew who I was trusting and believing in. Yes, the trial I went through have inspired others and I have been inspired by others through my trial.

Satan what us to have doubt in our God.

Whenever we face trials in life, many times they can become our greatest blessings. Each one teaches us a lesson. We sing a song Will Your Anchor Hold In the Storms of Life (lyrics). Our anchor is our faith and the storms of life are trials or crises. Is our faith strong enough to help take us safely through the trials? When a person's faith is tested and he /she handles the trials as God wants, our Lord God blesses through those trials. Once we realize that God does not send trials our way to weaken our faith, but to strengthen it, our faith is strengthened as we face these trials.

"And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. " Romans 5:3-4

Trials and tribulation can be the merciful hand of God seeking to mature, mold and trian us.

God works more poewrfully through us when we aqre being proven by times of trials, test and tribulations.

• 2 months later...

Q1. What effect does Satan want trials to have in our life? FOR US TO TURN FROM GOD AND RELY ON OURSELVES. What effect does God want them to have? GOD WANTS THEM TO BRING US CLOSER TO HIM WHICH IN TURN STRENGTHENS US The effect really depends upon how we respond to the trial. Have you ever been through a trial that strengthens and invigorates you at the end? YES

Have any of your trials inspired others or have you been inspired by another's trial? YES

• 10 months later...

What effect does Satan want trials to have in our life? Satan wants our trials to cause us to question God and to lose our faith in Him

What effect does God want them to have? God wants our trials to strengthen our faith in Him by showing us that He remains true to His promises and faithful to us even through our darkest trials. He always delivers us from trials and "in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose" (Romans 8,28). Seeing this proved at a time of trial is a great faith strengthener.

The effect really depends upon how we respond to the trial. Have you ever been through a trial that strengthens and invigorates you at the end? I am going through a trial at the moment. I still don't know where it is leading, but throughout, I can see God working in my life and I know that I will look back on this trial as a period when my faith in Him was strengthened and matured. I will report back and add an update when this trial is over and pray that maybe someone who reads it may be inspired by it.

Have any of your trials inspired others or have you been inspired by another's trial? I don't know whether anyone has been inspired by the trial which I am undergoing. If not so far, then I pray that at some time they will be because I want to be able to share with the World what a wonderful God I have even in the time of trial (actually, especially in the time of trial!) I haven't really been inspired yet by anyone else's trial.

Satan wants us to to believe his lies, and to doubt God.

God wants us to grow in Him. To trust in Him and know that He is with us always no matter what we are going through.

Yes I have been through a few trials that have really strengthened me when all was done. It is always so good to know that we have Our Heavenly Father with us no matter what we go through. Trials come to us and they draw us closer to our Maker.

I don't know if I have inspired anyone, I certainly hope so. I certainly have been inspired by another's trials.

Negative and defeated, thats how satan would have me, no sunshine, no hope. My life would be over and my walk with Jesus would be awash with self pity and blaming others for my hopeless state.

But thats not how it is, yes I have trails, some that should overwhelm me, but they don't(they use to).

Jesus assured me that He would never leave me or forsake me and He is good to His word.

Recently I had to have an operation for cancer, it caused me to reflect on my loved ones and the pain they would feel if I was called home.

I sat down and wrote to each of my children letters stating the joy and the privilege I had being their father, each child is so different and each memory was individual. I remembered them as babies and the trips we took, I recalled starting school and when they fell in love.

Tears fell from my eyes as I thought of the memories they held for me and what they would feel if I didn't come home.

Before entering the operating room, Jesus was with me, I felt so warm and at ease, He assured me that He would be with me and He was. I had no fear no regrets, just a sense of comfort and joy. My children never got those letters, they got me back instead.

Blessed assurance Jesus in mine

• 2 weeks later...

The evil one wants us to blame Our Father, the evil one wants us to turn our back on our God and Saviour, but God wants us to use these times to draw on Him, to use His strength in our weakness.

I have has major trials in my life, the first one I trised to sort out AND MADE A MESS OF IT, the Lord in my weakness stepped in and toke me in the direction I should go.

• 2 months later...

Q1. What effect does Satan want trials to have in our life? What effect does God want them to have? The effect really depends upon how we respond to the trial. Have you ever been through a trial that strengthens and invigorates you at the end? Have any of your trials inspired others or have you been inspired by anothers trial?

The Devil just wants to kill,steal and distroy. And that what he wants to do to us through our situations and circumstances. He wants us not to trust and believe and act on God's word. God wants us to draw near to Him, to grow and mature in His mercy and grace, through every situation. All things work together for good to those who love the Lord. I'm not sure if I have inspired anyone, but I have been strengthened and incouraged by many others. If we would just take our eyes off ourselves and look around we might not even notice our trials.

• 1 month later...

Q1.

What effect does Satan want trials to have in our life?

What effect does God want them to have?

The effect really depends upon how we respond to the trial. Have you ever been through a trial that strengthens and invigorates you at the end?

Have any of your trials inspired others or have you been inspired by another's trial?

Satan would love us to turn away from God. Become angry with God and question His motives. God, on the other hand, expects us to show our faithfulness to Him. To prove to God that we trust Him in everything; and at the same time that we have surrendered to Him, knowing that only He knows what is best for us. Yes, I think, all of us as believers, have been through various trials. These trials have strengthened and invigorated me, and most important of all, drawn me closer to our Lord. When you read the biographies of great Christians throughout the ages, one cannot help being inspired by their tenacity and love for God.

• 4 weeks later...

Satan will be pleased if we allow our trials to cause us fear, anger and or resentment. He asks that trials come our way with the goal of having us fall from grace and act according to our flesh. God would have our trials bring us closer to Him and rely on Him the more to carry us through. All of my trials has brought me closer to God Almighty through the Lord and King, Jesus Christ. I know there have been times I wanted to defend myself from verbal attacks but, when I trusted in His teachings, I ended coming out the victor. Others find it is meaningless to swing in the air; if you have no opponent, there is not a fight to be won. Thank you Lord Jesus, for teaching us the more excellent ways!

• 3 weeks later...

What effect does Satan want trials to have in our life?

Satan desisres that we be downcast and defeated, that we are disobedient to the will of God.

What effect does God want them to have? The effect really depends upon how we respond to the trial.

God wants our trials to have a learning aspect to them. He wants us to become closer to Him throught what we experience in life, ours tests are to be used as a purification, a refining of our spirit to become more like His.

Have you ever been through a trial that strengthens and invigorates you at the end?

Yes, in fact there are many....when I was in the midst of the situation I felt lke life was over, but God reached down and lifted me up. He showed me that I am a traveler in this life, heaven bound.

Yes, I think others have been inspired by my character.... I love the Lord and desire to serve Him, no matter what my circumstance. And yes, again...I have been deeply inspired by what other believers have suffered and still praise God.

• 2 months later...

Q1. What effect does Satan want trials to have in our life? What effect does God want them to have? The effect really depends upon how we respond to the trial. Have you ever been through a trial that strengthens and invigorates you at the end? Have any of your trials inspired others or have you been inspired by anothers trial?

Satan wants us to act according to the flesh which would only bring out the worst in us.

Yes, I have just come through a trial that has strengthened me. It has helped me in those areas where I was weak. Areas that I had asked God's help in and did not realized that it took going through a trial in order for me to come face to face with what I needed to do to move forward in my life.

I have been inspired by a close Sister in Christ. She asked God for unconditional love for her spouse when going through marital problems. I have never seen someone who can love like she does. To me she has unconditional love for people. She had that unconditional love for me and this drew me closer to Christ.

• 5 months later...

Satan will be successful if the trial will produce doubt in your life. Any doubt, any negative feelings about God, any doubt to His provision. However, God wants the trials to produce more faith, more trust in Him, trials also come to make us more like Jesus!

There have been several people who I have been inspired in their trials. Some elderly lady in our first church that we pastored was truly a blessing. She had barely etched out an existence but was so happy in Jesus! Every time we went to visit her or she would invite us for rigatoni we always left knowing the presence of God was there. She was truly a blessing to us! I can't wait to see her in heaven!

• 3 months later...

So we won

• 1 month later...

Satan wants all trials and tribulations to wear us down so that we begin to doubt the existence of God or if we believe in God we begin to question his fairness regarding the love and peace which He is suppose to bring to us.

On the other hand...God wants these trials and tribulations to build strength, patience, perseverance and character while learning to trust Him and understand that He is doing what is right even if it seems that at times we don't understand.

Absolutely! I have endured more than my share of health and financial challenges, often occurring at the same time. However, trusting in God led us to answers as-well-as making my family and I stronger and more trusting of our Lord.

• 7 months later...

10a)Satan was trials to weaken our faith&cause us to doubt God’s promises.

B)God wants trials to test,strengthen &build up our faith,refining it as iron sharpens iron.God is my refuge &strength

C)Yes-a loss &operation brought into relationship with Jesus, faith tested when whilst spouse in ministry training,had major trial of personal llness.

d)This is an going test of dependence on God,and is being used by him with people we meet.

10a)Satan was trials to weaken our faith&cause us to doubt God’s promises.

B)God wants trials to test,strengthen &build up our faith,refining it as iron sharpens iron.God is my refuge &strength

C)Yes-a loss &operation brought into relationship with Jesus, faith tested when whilst spouse in ministry training,had major trial of personal llness.

d)This is an going test of dependence on God,and is being used by him with people we meet.