JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Surrendering Our Lives to God

Q2. Can we really know God until we can trust him with our whole lives? Have you surrendered your life to Jesus Christ? If not, why not now? If you have, what has that surrender entailed for you? How has God blessed you in return?

Putting your trust in Jesus Christis the only way to become a child of God. We have to come as a child like faith to know Hin in all of His fullness. The more wwe trust Him we mature in our faith. It is an ever going process.. I trust God because whatever I need Him, He gives me the hope and peaace that I need for that moment. Romans 28: 28

Q2. Can we really know God until we can trust him with our whole lives? Have you surrendered your life to Jesus Christ? If not, why not now? If you have, what has that surrender entailed for you? How has God blessed you in return?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until you trust God aas your Savior and make Him Lord of your life and make complete surrender you will wxpeerience tge true lofee of God a nd there will be the I kow thaat I know God. It is a moment by moment journey.. In everything seek God's will and for His guidance aand leading, I have given my life to Jesus and each day I draaw cloer and closer. He has taken me through many trials and temptations. I can only praise Him for all the comfort and the promise of I will never leaave you or forsake you

Putting your trust in Jesus Christis the only way to become a child of God. We have to come as a child like faith to know Hin in all of His fullness. The more wwe trust Him we mature in our faith. It is an ever going process.. I trust God because whatever I need Him, He gives me the hope and peaace that I need for that moment. Romans 28: 28

• 3 months later...

Until you accept the Lord a your Savior you cannot have a relationship with God. If you do not have a relationship with God then you cannot know Him. If you do not know Him you cannot trust Him.

By accepting the Son you surrender your life to the Father. I did 15 years ago and I am free. One really doesn't know freedom until the Lord gives it to you. Try it. It is the best high you will ever have.

• 3 months later...

[/color]

Q2. Can we really know God until we can trust him with our whole lives?

Have you surrendered your life to Jesus Christ? If not, why not now? If you have, what has that surrender entailed for you? How has God blessed you in return?

In order to truly know God, we must totally give our lives to Him.

I have turned my life over to the Lord and this is the only way to know true peace and freedom. God has promised to be faithful to those who are his children and this makes it possible to live a life of true joy no matter what trials may enter our lives.

• 3 months later...

Q2. Can we really know God until we can trust him with our whole lives?

The more we read the Word of God, meditate upon it and stay in communion with Him we can get to know God in such a way that we'd trust Him implicitly with out whole lives.

Have you surrendered your life to Jesus Christ? If not, why not now? If you have, what has that surrender entailed for you? How has God blessed you in return?

Oh yes, I have surrendered my life to Jesus Christ and ever sinc my life has been wonderful. I've seen God do some miraculous things and I've seen Him taken me out of some serious trials and gav me victory.

For all that God has done for me, I say thank you!

• 1 month later...

We've got to trust God or what would be the point of serving him? The more I study the bible and understand, the more I trust him. The human side of me still worries at times, but I know it's Satan at work. I feel that I have surrendered my life to him because I am not the person I used to be. I am so thankful for his mercy.

• 5 months later...

I don't believe that we can really know God until we trust him with our whole lives. Until we do, we are holding back from God. As James said, faith without works is dead. Faith without trust in God regarding every aspect of our lives is dead at worst and frustrating and ineffective at best. Think on that.

I have surrendered my life to Jesus Christ and it has entailed surrendering my whole life to Him. That means Jesus calls the shots in my life. I have rearranged my life to be a committed follower of Jesus Christ. That does include some worldly sacrifice -- but so what!!

God has blessed me in purpose; in joy; in delight; and in a vigorous relationship with Him. God provides for my family in generous and gracious ways all the time because I am serving Him with all that I have. He never hangs His saints out to dry. He always takes care of us in His service. Psalms 23 says it all.

• 2 months later...

No, we cannot truly know God until we trust Him with our lives completely. That means getting self out of the way, standing on our faith, and believing in God's word what He says is true and He will do what He says. Yes, I have given my life to Christ. That surrender has meant a closer relationship with the Lord than I could have ever imagined. It means I can trust Him with every little or big problem, He will answer my prayers, He has provided for me, He has healed me, He has comforted me, and I know that I am his child and He is my Lord. He has blessed me by providing a job for me, by saving my family, my helping me get financially stable, and most of all, by letting me know that He does love and care for me.

The Bible says this about trusting God, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5). Furthermore, it tells us that "He who trusts in himself is a fool. . ." (Proverbs 28:26). Still, most of us have difficulty trusting God at least at one point or another in our walk with Him.

There are probably many reasons why trusting is difficult. God's ways don't always make sense to us. God told Noah to build an ark. It may have never rained up to this point and the nearest body of water was probably many miles away. It could not have made much sense to Noah at all (story found in Genesis 6-8). We want life to make sense. We always want to set our own terms and timetables.

God works on a different timetable than our minds comprehend. God promised Abraham a son from his own body through his wife Sarah. It was at least 24 years before this promise was fulfilled in the manner in which God had promised. In the meantime, Abraham and Sarah had difficulty trusting God and tried their own methods to fulfill the promise (read about this in Genesis 15-17). We want what we want and we want it. . .now! It is difficult to trust in a plan that requires us to surrender all control of the time for completion.

In order to trust in God, you must totally surrender your will, your ideas, your desires, and your future in to God's hands. Many of us are "control freaks." We don't want to give the control of any part of our lives over to another. If you don't believe that God loves you fully and really does have your best interests at heart and desires the very best for you, trusting Him is going to be extremely difficult. It takes a very special relationship to allow that measure of surrender. Most of us have a tendency to claim trust in God. However, at the first sign of any difficulty or trial, we think that God must not love us because He is allowing this difficulty to happen. The trial is exactly what God is using to test the level of trust that we have in Him.

In spite of the trials, we always have God's promise that the trials and tests that we go through are for our good (Romans 8:28, Hebrews 12:2, 2 Corinthians 4:17, James 1:2). We learn that it is through trust that our relationship with God strengthens and our love for Him grows.

We can trust in many things. None, however, offer the protection plan, the long term security, or the benefits that trusting in God offers. All of the other things in which we place our trust can fail. God never fails! In the words of King David, ". . .Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. . ." (1 Chronicles 28:20).

• 1 year later...

Can we really know God until we can trust him with our whole lives? Have you surrendered your life to Jesus Christ? If not, why not now? If you have, what has that surrender entailed for you? How has God blessed you in return?

There is a distinction between knowing about or knowing of God, and knowing Him. Anyone can know about Him. I know about our Queen, but I don't know her. To really know God, in the way that Abraham really knew God, without doubt it is necessary to trust Him with our whole lives, as did Abraham.

I have surrendered my life to Jesus. This means making Jesus the very centre of my entire life. He is with me wherever I go and whatever I do. He is the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning and the last thing I think about before I go to sleep at night and in between, He is in everything that I do.

In return, God has and is blessing me immeasurably. Since I made Jesus the centre of my life, and committed myself to Him, I have found a complete peace, a peace that passes all understanding, whereas before all was turmoil. He is answering my prayers to Him as, together with Him, I unravel the turmoil of my life before Him, and truly, I feel that He goes before me like a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night.

We must trust Him with our whole lives. The more we get into His word and talk to Him(pray) the closer we allow Him to get close to us. He can get no closer to us than we allow Him to . Only when our whole heart belongs to Him can we really know and trust Him.

Yes I have given my life to Him. When I surrendered to Him I eventually realized that it wasn't my will but His. It was hard to give up my way of thinking and put things in His hands. WOW what a relief to know He was in control and He still is. There are still trials, but I have a Friend that sticks closer than a brother. I still get upset sometimes but He reminds me that He is there and I can trust Him. AND I DO TRUST HIM.

It is impossible to know God until you have repented of your sins and accepted the Lord Jesus as your Saviour. How can one who is at war really care or want to understand the one they are at war with. Gods word tells me that I have peace with God through the Lord Jesus Christ. Yes we can fully trust our God with our lives.

I have surrendered all to my Saviour, my ways are in His hands my eternity is with Him.

My entire life has been transformed and changes every day, I walk and talk with Jesus each day, because He cares.

• 2 weeks later...

It is impossible to know God in a true way without giving to Him our full trust and faith, it is by faith we are saved so therefore by faith and trust we know God.

I have surrendered all, Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour, my hope is built on nothing less that Jesus love and rightousness.

My blessings have been without number, my eyes have been opened to how much a giving and caring God we have. A protecting and living God.

• 2 months later...

Not sure, I would say that when I only surrendered in parts I only knew God is parts. Yes I have surrendered by life to Jesus. Complete surrender entails me finally being whole, not fragments of a person but whole, complete. I have entered His rest

• 1 month later...

Q2.

Can we really know God until we can trust him with our whole lives?

Have you surrendered your life to Jesus Christ? If not, why not now?

If you have, what has that surrender entailed for you?

How has God blessed you in return?

No, I think there has to be a total commitment. This reminds me of Prov 3:5,

• 4 weeks later...

There are times that I must read His Word diligently, asking God to give me the grace and faith I need to surrender worry or wonder (if I have missed the mark). God is so faithful to us; I always have what I need to have faith that, if I'm not where God wants me, He will show me the path He has laid out for my life. I see my life as the story of the fishes and the loaves. When I'm in need, I reach in to the basket (His Holy Word) and it is provided to me. Hallelujah!

• 3 weeks later...

I think we can know God....but to grow in Him and accept Him as our sole provider takes steps of faith. We are babies first, drink milk....just as we grow in Christ Jesus.

Yes....priase God for that mercy and grace.

It has involved a life of worship, of me sometimes walking away and Him gently aor not so gently pulling me back to the alter. We would alllike to be perfect but fall so far form it. But God still loves us....and for that I am so happy and full of joy.

Yes,He has touched my life in ways I can not fathom. But the main thing is the longing He is placing in me daily to get deeper into His word.

• 2 months later...

I think we may know Him, but not in a deep way. Just as we get to know people better the more time that we spend with them.

No, I have not surrendered my total life to Christ. I am trying and will ask Him to help me. Sometimes I goof off at work and go on the internet. Although, I am a fast and accurate worker this is still no excuse.

• 5 months later...

No I don't believe you can really know God until we can trust Him with our whole lives. If we had no need or trial in our life we would never know that God was able to meet that need or be with us in that trial. I am sure that Abraham experienced many other tests of his faith that have not been written down. He got to the point where he could trust God like He did because of the passing of the tests that came into his life. We stand back and say what a man of faith was Abraham; man, I would like to have had his faith. Would you? Would you like to go through some of the tests that Abraham went through? Right now they would seem almost impossible to pass but over the years God proved Himself faithful to Abraham. As a result Abraham passed those tests because He could trust God. God wants the same for us. Rather than complain in the trial or test, worship him (just like Abraham did) and see God move in your behalf! Thank you Pastor Ralph for this lesson!

• 3 months later...

Oh of course not. Learning to trust someone is a process I think. One in which trust and knowing don't become one until faced with challenging circumstances and fortuoues

events whereby risk and the possibility of loss become real. Surrendering ones life to Christ is so easily said and as long as we are surrounded by the comforts without the risks, without acting on God's call to do something with ones faith, it's quite easy. As we have seen Abrahams faith and trust develop over several challenges in his life it was not until he was asked to risk his most precious son that trust for him really materialised. God came through in such a fashion that Abraham was forever blessed. But for us, for me, my surrender was for so long only lip service and trust never developed until God allowed losses and a revealing sense of not being in control taught me to begin relinquishing my selfcenteredness and make room for Him. I think it is still a work in progress as I still have lapses and have to ask for His help in so many ways and so often... But the blessings have come everytime He reaches out to find me.

• 1 month later...

This question can be both confusing and misleading. It is not a matter of "testing" God to see if he is going to live-up to our standards. No sir! we are to turn our lives over to Him the moment we are old enough to understand God's love and grace.

Absolutely, I have surrendered my life to Jesus Christ.

By surrendering my life to Jesus Christ I have found an ever-lasting peace and a sense of knowing that someone is always looking after my needs; keeping me on the straight and narrow, and being a friend when I need someone with whom to talk.

God has blessed me with an excellent family, many talents, wisdom to be His messenger, many chronic medical and financial challenges which has built strength, confidence and a stronger relationship with God.

• 1 year later...

I don’t think that we can know God until we can trust him with our whole lives. I have surrendered my life to Jesus Christ. What that entailed since I have surrendered my life is I have changed the way that I look at things. I have cleaned up my language and go on mission trips.

God has blessed me with all the friends that I have across this world. I have been able to get more out of the mission trips then I have put into them.

• 8 months later...

A person cannot really know God without trusting God with their whole life.  A complete personal relationship with anyone requires trust.  Furthermore, personal trust and surrendering of will to the Lord is required if we are know God's will and purpose for our life.  If we are on a different page than God then we never know God's purpose for us and never develop spiritually into a Christ-like human-being.

Yes I have surrendered my life to God in Christ and have peace and joy with Him in my daily life. 

• 2 years later...

We can not really know God until we give all our trust to him and that he will provide all our needs.

I have surrendered my life to Jesus Christ and day by day I learn to let him lead and guide me in his will for me. This can prove difficult because the flesh wants to go it's own way which is contrary to God's ways.

Learning to trust God for my daily needs whether it is material or spiritual has taught me that when I do lean on him, he provides.

God blesses me in return by answering my prayers, blessing me when I pay my tithes and healing when I pray for others. This is just a few of the blessings I receive by putting my trust and faith in God.