JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

(1:5-8) What is the promise to claim in verse 5? What is the condition attached to this promise in verse 6? How do trials help us receive this wisdom?

God gives wisom to all who ask. We must believe without doubt.. It is through trials that we seek God's wisdom to know how to handle situations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOD PROMISES TO GIVE WISDOM GENEROUSLY TO ALL WHO ASK OF HIM, AND HE GIVES IT GENEROUSLY WITHOUT REPROACH.

THE CONDITION IS TO ASK IN FAITH WITHOUT DOUBTING.FOR WHEN WE DOUBT, WE CANT RECEIVE FROM THE LORD THE WISDOM NECESSARY FOR OUR SITUATION. SO, IN ORDER TO HEAR HIS VOICE CLEARLY, WE MUST COME IN AN ATTITUDE OF FAITH BELIEVING THAT HE IS SPEAKING TO US THE ANSWERS TO THE CHALLENGE WE'RE FACING.

TRIALS HAVE HELPED ME TO RECEIVE GOD'S WISDOM BECAUSE IT SEEMS THAT ONLY WHEN I'VE BEEN DESPERATE I TURNED TO GOD FOR HIS HELP. I USED TO THINK I WAS CAPABLE OF HANDLING THINGS ON MY OWN, BUT I HAD TO LET GO OF PRIDEFULNESS AND HUMBLE MYSELF BEFORE THE LORD. THE RESULTS HAVE BEEN AMAZING. NOT ONLY HAVE I REALISED HIS WISDOM IS BETTER THAN MY PUNY EFFORTS BUT I'VE REALISED HE IS CAPABLE AND I CAN TRUST HIM MORE AND MORE.....PRAISE GOD FOR HIS INTEGRITY AND FAITHFULNESS...GOD BLESS....

• 1 month later...

The promise is Wisdom, which the Lord will give to us if we ask in faith and with real commitment. Trials help us to identify where we most need the Lord's help. Trials isolate issues.

Q4. (1:5-8) What is the promise to claim in verse 5? What is the condition attached to this promise in verse 6? How do trials help us receive this wisdom?

The promise is that we will be given Godly wisdom if we would only ask. The condition is that we believe wholeheartedly that God is true to His Word. We must come in the knowledge that He is ultimately in control of our lives. Trials help us to get to the point of asking God for "His" wisdom rather that relying on our own "street smarts". When things are going smoothly we tend to forget who is in charge and then when "push comes to shove" we are persuaded that He is able to keep our lives in check when asked.

• 4 weeks later...
Q4. (1:5-8) What is the promise to claim in verse 5? What is the condition attached to this promise in verse 6? How do trials help us receive this wisdom?

If we lack wisdom we are to ask God for it. He will give to us liberally and without reproach.

We are to ask in faith and not doubt, for when we doubt we are like a wave on the sea driven and tossed by the wind :huh:

When we go through trials we become stronger and learn to trust the Lord more.

Thank you Jesus AMEN :wub:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

What is the promise to claim in verse 5?

That if we ask God for wisdom he will give it generously without finding fault in us.

What is the condition attached to this promise in verse 6?

We must believe & not doubt.

How do trials help us receive this wisdom?

Trials highlight the areas we need to repent of & ask for wisdom about. :)

• 4 weeks later...

The promise to claim in verse 5 is that of wisdom.

The condition in verse 6 is that once we have received this wisdom we are not to doubt it.

Trials help us to receive this wisdom because when we are in trouble it is natural to turn to God our father and ask for help.

Amen.

Q4. (1:5-8) What is the promise to claim in verse 5?

Wisdom without finding fault

What is the condition attached to this promise in verse 6?

We must ask with a clear commitment and faith or single mindedness. Our sins must be confessed and forgiven to hear Gods wisdom.

How do trials help us receive this wisdom?

Trials help up to be single minded. When our backs are up against the wall we can then see our sin which seperating us from God. By asking forgivness for the sins we clear the way for us to recieve Gods Wisdom.

• 1 month later...

Verse 5 tells us if we lack wisdom, to ask God and he will freely give it to us. We are also told that we must not doubt when we ask. We must have faith before we have wisdom. You cannot have one without the other. I think that trials help us to gain a better or different perspective. I have, so many times looked back after a trial and seen the awesome work God has done and been in awe. The wisest people in this world are the ones who have been through a tremendous amount of strife but all the while they were letting God carry them instead of going on thier own.

• 4 weeks later...

I promise in verse 5 is that if we ask for wisdom with FAITH and believe that it will be giving to us. Verse 6 mention that if you ask and don't believe, but doubt, you are doubleminded and your prayer is like the surf of the sea and blowing in the wind. As long as I am in this fleshly body I will see trails each day, but I know that the Lord will get me through no matter how small or large the situation. I also know that I have times that the trails seems really hard and it's really hard for me to go before God because of the doubt and worry I am going through. At those times I just pray "God I know your there, but I am very confused and need you just to hold on"

Hi Pastor Ralph:

Thank you, you are so right when you said that when we look back on our trails we can see the wonders of God.

• 3 weeks later...

The promise to claim is that if we ask God for wisdom, it will be given to us, liberally and without any reproaching. The condition is that we must ask in faith, knowing fully that we will receive His wisdom. Trials help us receive wisdom because it is in trials that we are brought to a place where we know what to ask for. We are stripped of all pretense and faced with real need whose fulfillment can only come from Jesus Christ and His power: need for knowledge of what decision to make, need for physical, mental, and/or spiritual healing, need for cleansing from sin so that we may repair a damaged relationship, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

God will give all wisdom who ask and have faith that He will give it to you. Trials teach us to have faith in the Lord otherwise he is a doubleminded man , unstable in all ways.

The promise is to give us wisdom, liberally, without question if we just ask Him. The condition is that we must be faithful in expecting the desired result or the Lord considers us unstable if we doubt. He doesn't respond to sinners.

Our trials cause us to cry out to our Father for solutions. Through the reply He gives we are able to gain wisdom by application and result. There is no experience like the experience of going through the fire led by our Lord's loving hand. Thus does wisdom grow.

• 3 months later...

The promise is to ASK in order to receive WISDOM. The condition attached is that we be single minded, ask believing that we would receive. It is written in Hebrews 11:6 that God is pleased when we exercise faith and approach Him believing that He rewards those who seek Him. Trials allow perseverance to develop in us a mature faith , a faith that has been tested. When we seek wisdom, we receive because we persevere through trials, and approach God with a conviction and desire to receive the perfect gift from the Father of the heavenly lights!

Glory to God.

This follows on from Question 3, the promise of verse 5, is that God will act if you ask for wisdom, but you must believe and not doubt. If you doubt you are'' like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.''

Trials help us to seek God's love more. When they come we must put all our trust in God and He will give us an unfading crown of eternal life, or according to 2 Timothy 4:8 ''the crown of righteousness.'' [Holman Christian Standard Bible.]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
God will abestow wi sdom to us when we know we are assured to receive it. Wwe must believe without doubting God on this promise He has given us. When a decision must be made our faith must be put into action knowing God will fulfill His promises.

Wisdom is ours to claim if we will just ask for it.

There must be no doubting or unbelief. There must be sincerity of intention and steadiness of mind. A wavering of faith and spirit cause a great unsteadiness in our conduct and actions. To be sometimes lifted up by faith and then thrown down again by distrust is fitly compared to a wave on the sea.

We should not be so quick to pray for the removal of an affliction. Instead we should pray for wisdom to make right use of it. When we bear all that God appoints for as long as He appoints it, and allow Him to work in times of troubles - not only bearing our troubles, but rejoicing while in them - then the work of perseverance is complete and we become triumphant in and over our afflictions. :D