JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q15. Believing Demons

What is the difference between the "belief" of a demon and the "belief" of a practicing Christian? The "belief" of a non-practicing Christian?

The difference is that a demons' belief is just intellectual assent in that a demon believes that God is real. However, the demon hates God, does not submit willingly to God's commands. A practicing Christian, however, not only has intellectual assent but also loves God and willingly submits to God's authority.

The belief of a non-practicing Christian is really no different than that of a demon.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demons as well as a non practicing Christian believe in Christ, but unlike the practicing Christian who does something and does not stand idly by, they think of themselves rather then putting someone first, loving someone more then themselves,

it should go like this God first, others second, yourself is last.

Q3. (2:18-19) What is the difference between the "belief" of a demon and the "belief" of a practicing Christian? The "belief" of a non-practicing Christian?

The "belief" of a demon is intellectual belief but it does not save them. It's like "I know there is a God but so what?"

The "belief" of a practicing Christian is a knowing in the heart that there is a God and that He sent His Son to die for me and in so knowing this one can live a life of love and grace. It's an every day trusting in God. It's a relationship.

I honestly don't know how a non-practicing Christian believes as I have never been non-practicing? I know people who believe in Jesus as their Savior but don't seem to do the so called "Christain" things but I cannot see in their hearts as God can do but I would say that they have a fire insurance but do not have a good relationship?

Q3. (2:18-19) What is the difference between the "belief" of a demon and the "belief" of a practicing Christian? The "belief" of a non-practicing Christian?

The demons do believe in God but fear him. They want no part of him :ph34r:

The practicing christian knows God and loves God and desires to do what they can for others. :rolleyes:

The none practicing christian knows of God, but has no wish to live for him :(

A demon is a spirit an evil one but still moves in the spiritual world. He knows of God and was at one time that worshiped God as did Satan himself. They know and fear God so they have seen him in action. Still even though they fear him they do wrong things the belief they have is not faith it is seeing what God can do.

The belief of a practicing Christian is the faith in God for what he has done and for what is written in the word of God we know we can stand on that faith and he will not fail us. God cannot lie the word makes that clear so we believe his word.

A non-praticing Christian is filled with knowledge and not doing anything about it. That is so sad and the person will not grow. They do not read the word to learn they do not step out in faith to see the miracles of God. We all know those that do this and we need to reach out to them to help them see they need more in their lives than just to sit and do nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

The belief of a demon is a realistic acceptance of the existence of God. It is just a knowledge and not faith. But to a practising Christian, it is a faith that is accepted in full. The christian lives for what he/she believes and submits to his God who is able. On the other hand, the belief of a non practising Christian is purely religious. It is just part of a certain tradition to which the person was born or in which the person was raised and which is acceptable by a certain group of people. Whatever might be done incepts from celf and not from God.

Wha is the difference between the "belief" of a demon and the "belief" of a practicing Christian?

The demon's shudder at the fact there's a God and we glory at the fact or should.

The "belief" of a non-practticing Christian?

Doesn't have a real belief, there works are not only dead, chances are they are too.

Richard S.

Belief of a demon

Demons believe in the existence of God. They are acutely aware of spiritual realities. They belief enough to tremble in fear,however they have no faith.

They have a knowledge of God,but no intimacy with Him.

Belief of a practicing Christian

A practicing Christian doesn't just believe in God,they have faith in Him as well. They faith isn't just an intelluctual faith,but a daily,practicing faith.

They show their faith and their love for God by their actions.

Belief of a non practicing Christian

A non practicing Christian has faith,but without love. Many people have orthodox Christian beliefs,their thought are in order,but they have no real love for God,their love is cold. Like the demons,they believe in God,but don't submit their lives,hearts,and souls to Him.

Demons know that there is a God, whom they are all under. But they don't want to acknowledge Him.

The belief of a practicing Christian is that which saves him, changes him and produces fruit.

The belief of a non-practicing Christian does not bring out any fruit or changes in his/her life.

Because we know a demn and his angels exist. Why? Because the Bible tells us and the condition of the world also shows proof. Belief of a practicing Christian is like someone saying "I'll believe he/she is when I see it>" Being a practicing Christian means they are doing the actions but its not known if the faith is true or not. On the other side of the coin, true Christians practice Christianity with their heart, mind, soul, and actions.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I THINK DEMONS INTELLECTUALLY AGREE THERE IS A GOD AND HIS NAME IS JESUS; THAT'S WHY THE BIBLE SAYS THEY ALL BOW TO THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST. WHETHER THEY CARE TO BELIEVE OR NOT, WHEN WE CALL ON THAT NAME IN FAITH THEY HAVE TO FLEE BECAUSE ALL AUTHORITY AGAINST THE ENEMY HAS BEEN GIVEN TO US.WE BELIEVE AND THUS WE CLING TO TLE LORD AND TRUST AND RELY UPON HIM FOR EVERYTHING WHILE THEY RUN IN FEAR BECAUSE THEY ARE DESTINED TO ETERNAL DAMNATION BY CHOOSING TO FOLLOW SATAN RATHER THAN THE LORD JESUS.

I THINK NON- PRACTICING CHRISTIANS HAVE NEVER TRULY SURRENDERED THEIR LIVES TO GOD. THEY MAY SAY THEY DO BECAUSE THEY MIGHT GO TO CHURCH AND READ THE WORD AT TIMES BUT DONT HAVE A DAILY RELATIONSHIP WITH A LOVING HEAVENLY FATHER; IT'S ALL RELIGIOUS PRACTICES AND MAY LOOK GOOD ON THE OUTSIDE BUT GOD SEES THE HEART AND THE TRUE MOTIVES OF SUCH PEOPLE..I KNOW SOMEONE LIKE THIS BUT I DONT SEE THE LOVE OF CHRIST IN HER LIFE OR ACTION BEING EXTENDED TOWARD HELPING OTHERS IN LOVE....I GUESS WE NEED TO PRAY FOR THEM TO BE FREE FROM RELIGIOUS SPIRITS....GOD BLESS....

• 1 month later...

A demon intellectually knows that God exists. A non practicing Christian also knows that God exists but this belief isn't evident in their lives. A practicing Christian wants to bring glory to God by demonstrating their faith in Him by doing good to others in his name.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously demons believe there is a God, they once lived among Him but they did not "choose" Him. They have no trust and no true relationship with him. Many times I see people living in "religion" with God but not relationship. It takes two to make a relationship work. Many do not "choose" God but rather self and live to make themselves look good out of "obedience of the law" rather than doing what is right out of sincere respect and adoration of God.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously demons do believe in God, He also cast out demons, they trembled when He spoke, In God's word it says that at the Name of Jesus every knee shall bow and every tougue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. :P

The Christian's no this to be true and so do Satan.

The non believer know's there's a God but don't believe that they need Him, but there will come a time when they will need Him, most of us come to Jesus when we have tried everything else when we are so broken hearted. :(

I believe that this is why us christian's are here at this time, there is so many broken hearted people about, and we are the Lord's arm's and legs, he want's to use each and every one of us to give the hurting a hug, to go and feed the hungry.

Lord I thank you so much for loving us. :wub:

• 6 months later...

What is the difference between the "belief" of a demon and the "belief" of a practicing Christian?

A demon believes in God because he knows he exists, but he lives in fear of him, whereas practicing Christians live in the warmth, joy, peace & love of the God who they have a personal relationship with & who they long to worship. :)

The "belief" of a non-practicing Christian?

A non-practicing Christian does not have the same relationship with God. They do not know him personally, but just know of him. It is sad to think people believe in God, but really don

• 2 months later...

Demons may know who God is but they don't obey Him and have Jesus in their hearts.

John.

• 2 months later...

The belief that a demon has is they know God, but believe that they are more powerful than God and they tremble at the thought of His name. A practicing Christians has a great love for God and shows it be being there to support or lift up another believer. If we truly say that we love God we will show His light to those that are around us, be it another Christian or a non-believer. A non-Christian's belief is that of material things, like money and possesions. Their belief is in themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Simply put, a demon has a belief without faith as opposed to a believer who believes and has faith. Non-practicing Christians acknowledge that there is a God but that is merely head knowledge, not the faith that reigns in our hearts.

• 2 months later...

Demons KNOW that God is real and that He is alive. They deal with Him on a daily basis. Satan himself must go to God to accuse the brethren which the word says he does. They believe, but they do not accept Him as Lord of Lords and King of Kings. The practicing christian believes in God, in His word, in His Son, and in His Power. He is Lord the their lives and He is the King in their hearts. They are dedicated to Him and want to do all they can to spread the gospel and to do His will. The non practicing christian? I don't know that they have ever made Him Lord of their lives. He is apparantly not the number one priority in their lives. They may have been introduced, but are lacking a real relationship with HIM.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
There are faith Christians and deed Christians.

the

bible states that even the demons believe there iis a God But a practi cing Christian knows there is one God a nd knows Him personally the opposite is one that knows about God, A non practicing Chriistian ddoes not know aabaout fellowshipping w ith a personal God and does not know Him personally and doing service for the Lord is not a part of his life.

• 1 month later...

1) The demon knows God exist but they fear God. The demon has no doubts of God's existence

The true Christian (practicing Christian) is a believer and Christ lives in their hearts and they are filled

with faith in God's WORD. Practicing Christians DO what God's word says.

2) A non-practicing Christian has no faith. They will a fill a pew each Sunday and never show their love.

They just exist.

I heard one Minister refer to the non-practicing Christian - "They are like catipillers, they crawl in on Sunday and sit in a pew and then they crawl back out until next Sunday."