JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Relationship through Prayer

MAKING OUR REQUESTS KNOWN TO GOD WILL HELP BUILD A RELATIONSHIP AND TRUST IN GOD.I AM ALREADY TRUSTING GOD WHEN I GO TO HIM WITH MY BURDENS OR REQUESTS OF PRAYER.I BELIEVE OUR TRUST FIRST BEGINS WHEN WE TAKE THE STEP OF SALVATION IN ACCEPTING CHRIST JESUS AS OUR LIFE AND FOLLOWING HIM.I ALSO FEEL WHEN I RECEIVE AN ANSWER TO A PRAYER THAT I HAVE PRAYED, LETS ME KNOW GOD IS THERE FOR ME, AND IS LISTENING TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.YES,GOD WANTS TO HELP US IN TIMES OF NEED,BUT IN RETURN WE MUST NOT FORGET TO THANK HIM.I AM HUMAN AND I DO HAVE REFLECTIVE THINKING,WHICH IN TURN, OFTEN WORKS ON MY EMOTIONS AS WELL.TAKING CONTROL OF THESE EMOTIONS IS HAVING THE RIGHT MIND SET.THAT IS, I HAVE TURNED TO GOD IN PRAYER.WHEN I SPEND THAT PRAYFUL TIME WITH HIM,I HAVE COME AWAY WITH A PEACE THAT I CAN NOT EXPLAIN.I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER.I FELT THAT WAY THE OTHER DAY, AFTER PRAYER AT OUR CHURCH, THAT EVENING AT PRAYER SERVICE.I KNOW GOD WAS THERE, LISTENING TO WHAT ALL OF US HAD TO SAY.GOD SHOWED UP IN A ELECTRIFYING PRESENCE.YOU COULD FEEL THE ELECTRICITY WITH IN THE AIR WHERE WE WERE PRAYING.I HAVE FELT GODS PRESENCE LIKE THAT MANY TIMES BEFOR, DURING PRAYER,THANKSGIVING AND WORSHIP,WHICH ALL GO TOGETHER.ON ONE OCCASION,IT SEEMED LIKE AN ELECTRIFYING BEAM CAME RIGHT DOWN INTO THE MIDDLE OF ALL OF US, AS WE MADE A CIRCLE.IT WAS SO STRONG PEOPLE COULDNT STAND WHAT WAS HAPPENING,AND THEY SCATTERED.MIRACLES HAPPENED THAT DAY.I WAS HEALED OF A HEART PROBLEM I HAD SINCE I WAS A CHILD. I AM TELLING YOU BY MY OWN EXPERIENCE.TRUST GOD,GREAT THINGS WILL HAPPEN,YOUR FAITH WILL GROW STRONGER,AND HIS PEACE WILL QUIET YOUR SPIRIT.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HAVE COME TO REALISE HOW MUCH I CAN TRULY TRUST GOD OVER THESE PAST SEVEN YEARS, BUT ESPECIALLY OVER THESE PAST TWO YEARS DURING SOME ADVERSE SITUATIONS AND TERRIBLE FEARS.BUT I MADE MY REQUESTS KNOWN TO HIM AND WHAT IT DID FOR ME WAS THAT IT LED TO INTIMACY AND CONSTANT FELLOWSHIP WITH THE LORD , THUS LEADING TO A DEEPER MORE MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM. THROUGH IT ALL I LEARNT TO TRUST IN JESUS AND BUILD A RELATIONSHIP WITH MY HEAVENLY FATHER WITH THE HELP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT WHO DWELLS IN ME.

GOD'S PART IN THE PROMISE OF PEACE IS THAT WHEN WE PRAY AND MAKE OUR REQUESTS KNOWN UNTO HIM, HE'LL FILL US WITH HIS PEACE THAT PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING SO THAT WE ENTER INTO HIS REST AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT OUR PROBLEMS...GOD BLESS...

• 9 months later...

When we go to God in prayer we are stepping out in faith and faith is trust. The more we pray the more we are demonstrating a greater level of trust for the Father. As we grow closer to Him we bond to Him and as our trust in Him gains confidence, our relationship blossoms into complete dependency upon Him which is exactly where He wants us to be.

As we find Him able, we gain shalom, in this sense, oneness with Him. He is the Prince of Peace, the Everlasting Father and by being in harmony with Him we obtain the shalom that passes all understanding. Thank you Yeshua!

• 11 months later...

Q3. (4:7) How does making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust?

Making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust because as we do so we are saying to God, even though I know that you know all things I have the confident that if I ask you will supply an answer and our relationship is deepen as I talk to Him and He talks to me. This continuous talking back and forth helps me in the relationship to know Him and in knowing Him, to trust Him.

What is God's part in the promise of peace?

God's part in the promise of peace is to guard your heart and mind when we pray with thanksgiving.

• 5 weeks later...

Communicating with God strengthens our relationship with him. As we talk more with him and learn to listen, we also learn to trust that we are in His hands. He has promised that His peace will guard our hearts and minds. Simply trusting Him in that promise will lessen our anxieties and worries.

• 3 weeks later...
Q3. (4:7) How does making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust? What is God's part in the promise of peace?

bottom line, no matter what i run too, no matter how i argue about fairness,or how big of a bone head i become, he is my father. i don't always agree with what he wants to teach me. i find it difficult at times to be his son. but i know his arms hold me and his voice tells me i love you. and i know he hears me and listens as if i'm the only one in the world. and it starts with what god desires for me. he knows me like no other, and he knows i need his word as well as his pressence.and when i am immersed in both, i am at peace.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (4:7) How does making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust? What is God's part in the promise of peace?

Making our requests known to God helps build a relationship and trust through communication. There is no relationship with anybody unless there is communication on a regular basis. In-depth, comprehensive., personal communication builds relationships between people as well as between people and God.

God gives peace.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We are holding our professional of faith, We know that without faith it is impossiable to please God, but with faith in God our relationship goes to another deeper level. We are building an relationship with God that we have put our lives in His hand and we will not lean unto our own understanding, and we are acknowledging Him to direct our life passages.

He will guard my heart and mind and provide security. His peace will keep me from doing anything that is not pleasing unto Him, no matter what, and I want worry about the things I can not change, but ask God to take care of the problems in my life according to His will.

• 5 months later...

Sue D. :) How does making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust?

Any relationship with another person is built with sharing back and forth. Even as a believer I find it easier to talk with a 'visible' person -- even though people have let me down a few times. And people are hesitant to open up very much with other people -- vulnerability. Since we trusted Christ for our salvation why can't we trust Him to take care of our daily needs? Sometimes we get ourselves into messes because we suspect He isn't going to be anymore reliable than our human friends so why bother to ask God for help. We decide to muddle through the situation and Maybe ask God for help when nothing has worked. Maybe because we can't See God we give Him credit for being Partly here, but not completely. So how do we come to trust God ? Maybe simply Ask Him for help -- He already knows us -- He wants us to take time to talk to Him every day and read His Word so we can get to know Him better. So -- by sharing with God -- we are making an effort in His direction -- effort on our part brings results from Him.

He promises us His peace when we draw close to Him. Sometimes when we attempt to 'draw near' to a person, they don't respond with warmth. God says that He will be there for us / with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. (4:7) How does making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust?

It reinforces the Perfect Parent/ child relationship we're in.

He owns the cattle on a thousand hills...owns all the resources, all that exists, and in dependence we come to Him with our requests. He is all Wisdom, all Power, all Love, all Healing, all Deliverance, everything we will ever need. As He is faithful to answer, trust is built, and the relationship is strengthened. In pouring out our hearts to Him, we are never rebuffed or turned away, and the love relationship grows.

We love Him because He loved us first..He spoke first, allured us to Himself, Listens for us and to us, His mind is always turned toward each of His children longing for relationship. Prayer is our communication with Him. His Word (and nature, and other people as He speaks through them, silent words to our hearts and minds, etc) is His communication with His children. Intimate connection is established, with unconditional love on His part. We respond to Him as He teaches us (especially us broken ones) how to love, by loving us....how to be in relationship.

The peace is His, or I should say, is Who He is, and as we come to Him, His peace is ours, because we're His. Fearing nothing from Him, His peace transcends all understanding and guards our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (I learned that we have an enemy who attacks our hearts and minds, so we need a guard!)

I praise God for this study! It's God's bread/manna to me each day as I've struggled to rest in Him during a severe trial our son is in. Thank you for writing it Pastor Wilson! I heard from my Father, and received His peace as I did the lesson.

• 2 months later...

Q3. (4:7)

How does making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust?

When we ask God for anything and are convinced that God will answer, knowing that He works all things together for our good; we have learned to trust our Heavenly Father. We submit to whatever He chooses to do; we surrender all. It is then that we receive the peace of God which transcends all understanding. It is a peace that promises to stand guard over our soul. God protects our hearts and minds from inner disturbance. We know that God is the source of this peace. Jesus said in John 14:27,

• 4 months later...

Relationships are built upon trust and conversation. God wants us to pour out our hearts to him.........He is our Father.

We bring our requests, prayers, and petitions to God with thanksgiving and God will guard our hearts and minds. God will bring us peace that surpasses understanding.

• 3 months later...

By trusting in His promise to grant your request or make manifest your petitions - and then by allowing Him to do as He has said (resting in Him - fellowshiping with Him - rejoicing in Him as we wait). . .

God's part in His promise of peace is to guard our mind and heart by not allowing anything to disturb your confident trust in Him. . .

B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

It is the prayers of a righteous man that builds a bonding relationship with the Almighty God. God does want us to come boldly to Him with our requests, presenting our requests in faith believing, that God's will, will be done, the bonding clue to our relationship with God is to seek after His will to our requests, many times we confuse our will, with God's will.

There have been many times that I was very thankful that my requests were not answered as I wished they would have been, seeing over and over how wise God is, and how foolish I am, I want that bonding relationship with Him to grow, as I make my requests, I make them fully understanding that He cares about all my fears and that He knows my trust is in Him.

I must give praise and glory to God's Son for reconciling me to His Father and God; I am so privilege to be a believer! I am so thankful for what the Messiah has done for me, there are no words to describe the love and joy there is in knowing the Lord, and experiencing the peace that only the Bridegroom can give. :)

• 2 months later...

a)Paul’s anxiety teaching-Making our requests known to God by telling him our concerns,needs,problems,anxieties clearly,with thanksgiving, so we are deepening our relationship with Him,refining our thoughts/ctions to be in line with his Word .Then trust God to guard our mind &give us His peace.

B)God’s part he will provide security over our minds. His peace will banish our turmoil and worry. His peace is beyond all rationale understanding and thought processes.If not fully yet at rest in God, he will quiet our spirit &help us.

• 6 months later...

Making our requests known to God helps build a relationship and trust by allowing us to take our anxieties and cares to Him through prayer. Prayer helps eliminate anxiety because God hears and listens. He is in control and promises to guards our hearts and minds with His own peace.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Question 8.3

When we talk to a friend we build a relationship, when we talk to God our friend as well as our creator we build a relationship.  What kind of a friend are we if we do not talk to our friend - what kind of relationship can we build with God if we do not talk to him and build a relationship.  If we talk to God he will talk to us.  As we talk to God in prayer God will grant to us the peace of God which passes all understanding and when this peace descents upon us our relationships with all will become improved.

God’s part in the promise of peace is magnificent.  His promise of a Covenant with us through Noah, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, his promises and delivery of Moses’ people from bondage, his promise to return the Jewish people from exile in Babylon, his new covenant in Jesus Christ and his work with the apostles, the granting of the Holy Spirit are all part of God’s promise of peace that passes all understanding.  We are unable to understand how God gives us this peace; we cannot understand how God guards our minds but he is the God of Peace, a true peace of the heart , mind and soul; a peace that transcends all understanding.  We cannot understand, we must just accept it and believe that Jesus is Lord.

• 1 year later...

Making our requests known to God helps us build a relationship and trust in God my bringing to the forefront the things that are bothering us. It helps us to articulate the things that have been slowing us down and turning them over to God helps us be at ease with our problems.

• 4 weeks later...

Making our requests known to God causes us to talk to God about the issues that concern us.  We remember how He has met our needs in the past, and we rest in His faithfulness.  Prayer becomes a time of communion and fellowship with Him.  Prayer becomes more than giving our wish list before the Lord.  It is sharing our burdens with Christ and being open to Him for counsel and wisdom.  It's more of a sharing time with Him, as He gives us His peace in exchange for our anxieties and turmoil.

• 1 year later...

First, Christians need to understand the purpose of life that they have in this world.  Without that understanding, they will continue to struggle and feel uneasy with life.  The more worry they have the less confidence and faith they have in God.

Many Christians pray and make their requests known to God, but their relationship with Him remains in poor state.  This is because they worship Him in the manner of the pagans.

Here is a verse in the book of Hosea that tells us the reason:

Hos 4:6  My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

The above verse does not apply only to the Jews, but is also to the gentiles, whoever wants to worship God of Jesus Christ, His Father, and the Creator of all.  If Christians reject God’s commandments they will certainly fall into the same error.  If Christians do not build their life on the Word of God, they can never have true relationship with Him.  How can a person have good relationship with another without knowing that person?  The same logic is true between man and God.

Making our requests known to God, is like putting our food into God’s plate, but if there is no plate what can we do?  Many requests have been presented to God, but receive no answer from Him.  Why?  And so, many Christians doubt about their faith, and have gone to seek peace and enlightenment in pagan religions.

Jesus has given us the following parable:

Mat 21:28  But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.

Mat 21:29  He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.

Mat 21:30  And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.

Mat 21:31  Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

And Jesus has declared:

Mat 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

If we want to have good relationship with God, we should know His will and show our obedience to Him first.  Paul’s recommendation in Philippians 4:6 cannot be studied in isolation, because it is incomplete; so make our request known to God is not a condition to build our relationship with Him.

Php 4:6  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

It is the same for the next verse:

Php 4:7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Jesus has said:

Joh 14:27  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

But He also said:

Luk 12:51  Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

The peace that Christians may have is the result of knowing God and obeying to His will.  Once Christians have shown their obedience to God’s will, they certainly will understand their purpose of life and receive the peace that Jesus Christ wants to give them.  It is surely the peace that surpasses all knowledge of the earth.

True followers of Christ will have to face persecution while living on earth, but they also walk through their journey joyfully and with peace of God, that the world cannot understand.

Joh 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Amen.

(4:7) How does making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust? What is God's part in the promise of peace

Making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust because thru the conversations we have with God will develop that relationship and trust. God will provide security over your mind. His peace will banish your turmoil and worry.