JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Hello, my name is Kay. My present home is Tuscaloosa, AL where I have lived for the past 13+ years. I commute daily to Birmingham where I am employed at the University. I have two daughters - a college freshman and a high school freshman. I have taught Bible Study and Sunday School classes, but there are times when I just want to study and "dig deeper" in God's Word just for my own growth. this is one of those times.

My daughters and I have started a study of the "Sermon on the Mount" and if anybody can tell me of additional resources that I might use for all of us (even the one away in college), please let me know.

I look forward to being a part of this Bible Study - Great Prayers of the Bible

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone - My name is Barb and I'm from Greer, SC the past 3 years. Got blown away in Hurricane Charlie in 2004 and chose SC as being half way from Punta Gorda to Pittsburgh, PA my home of 50 or so years, and looking forward to interacting with all of you. I am a mother of 3, grandma to 7 and great grandma to 5 boys with two others on the way. Have been married 52 years to a wonderful Christian husband. I love my Lord and looking forward to learning more. :D

• 1 month later...

Hello! My name is Mimi. I am a mother of 5. My oldest is my only girl, and a junior in high school. I also have 4 boys, ages 9,8,7, 2. I work from home, and at this time raise my children alone.

I was raised in the church, but I have recently redicated my life to God. I am excited about the blessings, I know God has in store for me. I would really like to understand the word of God and it's deeper meaning, as well as learn to pray, more effectively. I am excited to start these lessons, and to meet other people with the same focus.

• 2 months later...

Hello

I am from phoenix, az. I go to Church for the Nations. I look forward to deepening my walk with the Lord and to strengthen my prayer life in a manner that is pleasing to Him. This is the first time I am involved in an online Bible Study. I think about the Lord everyday and I am grateful for opportunities to study the Word in such a way that it brings Him praise and glory.

Lauren

Hi all

I am a full time public servant from Canberra Australia. I'm a single mum of a 21 yo son and 16 yo daughter.

I have been walking with Jesus for 6 years. I know that prayer, and especially praising God in prayer, is the key to my walk with God and want to learn more.

Carole

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, Am Cantwell & Am born again & I love the Lord with all my heart.

Am studying so that I can enrich my prayers and intercession for my self ,family,church and the body of Jesus.Its my prayer that I will be able to meet people who have a hunger & thirst for things of the Kingdom and its my hope that this study will change my life :o and make me more fervent in my travails or prayers otherwise God Bless and stay focused :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Carole,

I am new to the Great Prayers of the Bible study and saw your name and that you are in Canberra. I'm in Maitland NSW and have 3 daughters, 23, 26 & 29, the eldest married with 3 children. You don't have to reply to this message - I just wanted to say Hi to a fellow Aussie.

Kind regards,

Lynette

Hi all

I am a full time public servant from Canberra Australia. I'm a single mum of a 21 yo son and 16 yo daughter.

I have been walking with Jesus for 6 years. I know that prayer, and especially praising God in prayer, is the key to my walk with God and want to learn more.

Carole

Hello fellow Great Prayer study mates.

I found this study by searching for teaching on Prayer on Google. I feel I am being lead into intercession so I really wanted some good grounding on all types of prayer before getting into really serious prayer without knowing the boundaries.

I live in Maitland NSW Australia and my husband and I have 3 daughters, 23, 26 & 29, the eldest married with 3 children. My life goal of being a 'good wife and mother' has now extended to being a "good wife, mother and grandmother".

Regards,

Lynette

Hello everyone, my name is Sue Ann and I'm from Oklahoma. I'm a wife and mother of two wonderful children. I'm looking forward to developing a more intimate relationship with the Lord by growing in my prayer life. I'm hoping this study will help me better understand and more fully comphrend prayer and how God wants us to communicate with him. God Bless! sue ann

Clarise: June 1, 2008, 9:38p.m.

Hello,

My name is Clarise, and I am from the Bahamas. I am most interested in this study forum on Great prayers of the Bible. Looking forward to an enriching and rewarding experience. My desire has always been to pray effective prayers.

Wishing everyone much success as you pursue this study.

Clarise

• 4 weeks later...

Hi:

My name is LaVerne and I live in Georgia. This is the third study for me and I enjoyed the other two. I have four grown sons and three grandsons.

Greetings, My name is Randy I am from sunny, hot, muggy, wet, sandy Florida - I am a church planting missionary on deputation, field of service is small towns in the great state of Montana. I am looking forward to enriching my spiritual growth through this study.

In His Grip,

Randy

Hi, all! My name is Debbie Butler, and I live in Indiana. I see that there are a lot of newbies, and that is exciting! You guys are in for a treat, to be sure! I think these Bible studies are awsome, and I really learned a lot from The Sermon on the Mount study. I, too, struggle with prayer, and so I pray that we will all learn a great deal from this study! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to all blessed of the Most High King~

My name is Geri, but I go by Swordwoman as my given name, Geraldine, means "Ruler with a Spear"... This is my second Joyful Heart Bible Study, the first being this past spring when I did Sermon on the Mount. Highly recommended ...I am happy to be starting this one as I keep hearing the Spirit say: Vineyard of Prayer...I am getting ready to work my vineyard and am looking forward to working with you all. I live in upstate New York...but my heart is in Heaven.

Hi, My name is JanMary,

I'm excited to be doing this study with all of you! It is my third study, and I've loved the two previous ones....The Sermon on the Mount, which was wonderful, and I'll be bouncing back and forth as I complete the last two weeks of the study on Hebrews....also inspiring and is just what I've needed for this season of my life....."perservering, enduring hardship as discipline, strengthening the wobbling knees,..." as my husband and I are hopefully preparing to come out of a very long and difficult wilderness. I'm really looking forward to studying and implementing what I learn in this study on prayer.

We live in the Bay Area in Northern California, and have 2 grown children who live nearby...a daughter and a son...both still single.

I'm writing a book about God's awesome care for us through this wilderness....and is another reason I so need to learn more about prayer!

Hi all

I would have to classify myself as a returning prodigal son. I was raised in the Protestant church, during the late 1950's through the 70's. Have been married, divorced, and now married again. Now, in my 50's, I'm looking for more out of life, or to put more into life. I have started this year re-reading the Bible, following a read the Bible in a year program from another website, and doing some more in-depth online courses. In searching for information on prayer, I found this course, and, here I am!

Rick

Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for Great Prayers of the Bible.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include our e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hi I am Charlene and old member glad to be back. I just graduated from a 3 year deep study in the Holy Bible and being a lay pastor. I am excited to learn even more for I don't think anyone ever stops learning or we would still be in exodus.

Hello:

I live in Oklahoma where I attend a small Presbyterian church which I love. I have been searching for an interactive on line Bible study for some time and am thankful to have found this resource. I hope to deepen my sense of peace and focus as we study the prayers of the Bible.

Hello:

I live in Oklahoma where I attend a small Presbyterian church which I love. I have been searching for an interactive on line Bible study for some time and am thankful to have found this resource. I hope to deepen my sense of peace and focus as we study the prayers of the Bible.

I received your post and just had to say welcome. Where are you from in Oklahoma? I have a friend in Ft. Smith. I attend a small Presbyterian Church in Georgia. Again let me say welcome and I'm glad you found this too. It has given me a deeper knowledge of our Lord, but more than that a deeper relationship with him. Your peace and jpy will help you focus more on him. God bless,

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for Great Prayers of the Bible.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include our e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Greetings in the Name of the Lord,

My name is Jim. I recently moved from Southern California to Florida. I have been teaching adult Sunday School for several years.

I am a perpetual student of the Word and look forward to what the Lord has planned for me in this study.

In the Faith.

Jim

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I am a senior, working on my final semester in the counseling program. I hope to be in ministry in some way through counseling. I reside between Connecticut and Pennsylvania. Oddly enough, we have snow already!

I am extremely excited for this online opportunity. I'm very interested to hear what everyone has to offer with this Bible study on Prayer.

LaGrace86

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm Marilyn and I'm from Collierville, TN USA (just outside of Memphis). I'm a Christ follower and single mom of a brilliant teenage boy. I'm new to learning God's Word and I'm very excited about this Bible study (I'll receive my first lesson tomorrow!).

May God Bless You All!