JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Kingdom and Will

Q2. In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? How should this prayer affect our living?

We our asking our Father to make a speedy return so that we can live in his glory here on earth.

I believe we ask the Fathers will be done here on earth to glorify him and show the world how his plan is comming to be. He has a plan written out for us in the bible and his will be done.

By praying this we are acknowledging his will and anticipating it. We should live our lives in a christian way so we are not caught sleeping when his will is done and we should give ourselves wholly to him so that we may be tools in his grand plan.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Father's kingdom exists wherever His will prevails. We are asking for His will to become more prevalent within the overall society until it prevails everywhere. Of course that will not reach complete fruition until Christ returns, but there are right now islands of the kingdom scattered within the secular sea wherever believers gather.

We are asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth because we were meant from the beginning to live within His kingdom and we are perpetually out of sorts when we live outside of it.

We need to live as His subjects within His kingdom by constantly asking ourselves, "What would Jesus do if He were in my place right now?" The kingdom will then exist within our sphere of influence..

We have to realize the"Kingdom of God "is here, now and present among us. We have to focus on our relationship with Jesus Christ now at this moment.....this will help us prepare for what is to come. God's promises.

Just concentrate on living as God our Father wants us to live. Try and reach that state of being like Christ Jesus in our daily life.

The Kingdom of God is not something for the future it is here and now. Live our life according to the Holy word so we, our actions can be a simple explanation to an average person who wants to know God.

Now that at the end of the day is is according to God's Will and we just keep on the tract chosen for us.

• 5 months later...

When I pray this prayer,I am acknowleging that His will is perfect, opposed to mine at times. Weather in prayer or living my life, I must determine to find the will of God through scripture and prayer, and ask God for the grace to live it out. In some ways it is a prayer for sanctification in my life.Then the kingdom of God will come in my life more and more. We pray that God's will may be done throught the world JOHN 5:16 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we askanything ACCORDING TO HIS WILL,he hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we have asked for!

• 7 months later...

Q2. In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come? Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth? How should this prayer affect our living?

We are asking the Father's kingdom to come reign in our lives. We cannot do it on our own. Also, we need his will to be done on earth so that He will come more quickly. We must invite the Father to have His way on the earth because He must reign supreme over all things. This should change our lives in that the will of the Father and His kingdom dominates our whole lives. We should not seek to do anything His power and rule. Only through Him will our lives and the earth praise His name from "the rising of the sun to the going down of the same."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In what sense are we asking that the Father's kingdom should come?

Jesus taught this to His disciples at the beginning of His teaching. This was before He died for us and the Holy Spirit was cast out for us. This was before Jesus established the Kingdom on earth and the Holy Spirit remained to teach and guide us. Yet we can still ask for the Kingdom to come to us. God's Kingdom is now on earth in us through the Holy Spirit. This is why Jesus taught, the Kingdom is near, because only a short while later Jesus established the kingdom on earth. We are now waiting for His return to expand the Kingdom to the whole earth.

Why are we asking for the Father's will to be done here on earth?

Our will is wrong and incomplete since we don't have enough knowledge or wisdom, so we ask for God's will so that a perfect solution will come. We are also putting God ahead our our will and humble ourselves before Him

How should this prayer affect our living?

We should be devoted to God, put Him 1st and seek His will in everything we do.

• 3 months later...

We are asking for His kingdom to reign in us, we are also awaiting for Jesus to return and fully establish His kingdom on the Earth.

Where His will is being done, His kingdom is being established.

We should be desiring His will all the time and doing our part to help bring it about.

• 4 months later...
Guest trinibap

When we say" thy kingdom come, thy will be done" we acknowledge that God is in control; his omnipotence. We acknowledge the promise and prophecy of his coming Kingdom on earth when there will be no dissent and all will be good and" the lion will walk with the lamb". Flowing therefrom or ultimately no matter what we seek or request of him God's plan for all things and persons i.e his will  cannot be bent or changed or influenced by our prayer but of course all final outcomes whether we recognise it at the time are ultimately for the good of the collective.

• 1 year later...

Jesus Christ is actually living in every converted person. The life of Christ in us is really the kingdom

of God – His life is that rule and kingdom. Not only that, but because His life is in us, everything we

call, "Christian character," is HIM – we merely manifest HIM. Thus, we see that it isn’t that we develop a THING called, "righteous character," or a THING called, "holiness." No. We are set aside by the Cross, and then JESUS CHRIST – not a THING, but a PERSON – shines through.

The kingdom of God is first to be setup in the hearts of people. That requires inward adjustment. This

will then make us fit to be compatible with any outward will of God that He wants to bring. It is because

this isn’t a matter of God just doing a thing called, "His will." It is a matter of God bringing US

into conformity with His will and kingdom. God is in the process of shaping us spiritually for His will.

Then He will do it. Until then, He cannot do it.

God brings His kingdom and His will into each one of our lives – both internally and externally. And He

does whatever is necessary to make that more than a theological concept, but rather a reality.

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. So then death works in us, but life in you."   (2 Cor. 4:7-12)

• 2 months later...

We are asking God to allow earth to be like heaven. We want to be in a very peaceful and holy place. We realize that the Father's will is the ultimate action that humans can accomplish. We want to have all the honor and glory here that is in heaven. We should try to live our lives in a very holy way. Christ should be our only example of how to live. We should give up all earthly ways immediately. We should be above any and all types of judgment.

• 1 month later...

The sense that we are asking that the Father’s kingdom should come is because things in this world keep getting worse. There are human laws that are against God’s laws and things for Christians are just going to get worse. If the Father’s will be done here on earth, then peace and would break out here on earth. This prayer should effect our lives so much that we are trying to keep peace but always looking to God for our guidance.

• 3 weeks later...

That Jesus in us should be the power and glory displayed to others. It should be God living in us and not we ourselves. That God use us to be a light that draws others to Him and that He is The Lord of our life so that we live fully and completely in His power and be empty of ourselves. That He be sovereign both in our hearts and here on earth. That Jesus' second coming and defeat of the enemy will come soon.

We pray for the Father's will to be done because we receive His spiritual blessings - He chose us, He redeemed us through Jesus, and forgave us - He set this forth as His will, His plan even before the creation and so that all things in heaven and on earth will be in unity with Him. Also so we will live for the praise of His glory - to be filled with the fruit of His righteousness, so we can be pure and blameless before Him. (Ephesians. 1:3-14; Phil. 1:11)

This prayer should keep me humble, putting myself second or even third. Living in amazement of God's awesomeness and greatness. Desiring for Him to fill me with His great love for me so that my joy will spill over to others. Bringing me back to humility and fulfillment knowing I get to call Him my Daddy. To seek to glorify Him and Give Him control of my life, living in obedience, and expectation of His great love and power.

• 5 weeks later...

When we pray, the sense we are asking that the Father's Kingdom come as God's children we are asking that Christ reign in our lives and that his spirit be illuminated so that others can see Christ in us and will too want to be one of God's children. 

We are asking for the Father's will to be done on earth so that it is God's will that we desire and not the selfish things that the human flesh may want because it may bring God no Glory or help in his return.  We want to be in his will because he knows everything from the beginning to the end.  He created us for a purpose and to be in his will we know that we are serving his purpose in which he created us to do.

This prayer should affect our living by helping us to renew our minds to be in line with Christ way of thinking.

• 3 months later...

God's kingdom should manifest and established in power &glory. Once again the earth filled with love,joy and peace,holiness as it was in the beginning of creation(before sin entered the world). Our will to be submitted to His will,in tune with His will so that Father's will & purposes will be accomplished in us and through us. We may always be guided in our day to day life by His will. Receive divine help to live a life pleasing unto Heavenly Father, awaiting for the coming of Lord Jesus Christ and His kingdom established on this earth.

• 2 weeks later...

We are asking for God to reign and rule over everyone on earth. We ask for the Father's will to be done on earth because we ask for God's perfect will to be done earth. He has plan for each and every one of us and He knows what is best for us so we our prayer and lives should always line up with the will of God.

• 6 months later...

-In the sense of expecting to manifest himself and to reign for ever

-Before anything God's will be done. Even Jesus pray the same, God's will should be done first

-It affects our life greatly, because we must identify in which kingdom we are belonging

• 2 years later...

1, that I wld in fact be aware it is God to whom I belong, I serve Him as my King not myself

2, because any other will being done is out of His will, we should want for only His will

3, it should keep me aware of my first two answers 

• 10 months later...

May your kingdom come soon is a reference to God’s spiritual reign. God’s Kingdom was announced in the covenant with Abraham and is present in Christ’s reign in us believers’ hearts  and will be complete when all evil is destroyed and God establishes the new heaven and earth. When we pray “May your will be done,” we are not resigning ourselves to fate but praying that God’s perfect purpose will be accomplished in this world as well as in the next.

• 3 months later...

When we pray "Thy Kingdom Come" we are asking for Jesus to reign over all the earth and for Him to come back quickly.  we want His Will to be done instead of our own.  we should be preparing for His coming and reading His word to find out what His Will is and to align ourselves to it.

Edited by Dek
typo

• 3 months later...

In what ways are we asking that the Father’s Kingdom should come?

When I ask this, I am asking that Jesus come, to wash away all sin and evil from the world and establish His Kingdom here. I’m also asking that His Kingdom live in me.

Why are we asking for God’s Will to be done?

By asking that God’s Will be done, we are acknowledging that our free will can be willie-nillie (no pun intended). Because we don’t have God’s all-knowing power, we make mistakes. We are also asking that petitions only be considered if they align with His Will. 

This prayer gives us ideas of how to pray and how to live. This prayer includes the praise, confession, repentance, petition and intercession. Understanding this prayer helps us to come to God and speak to Him as our Father. It tells us to forgive those who have wronged us and to look to God for help avoiding sinful things.

• 5 months later...

I believe we are asking for two effects here in the Lords prayer. "Thy kingdom come .." (to me) is to ask for Gods power and guidance to manifest itself in us personally through the Holy Spirit so that we might be in harmony with the desires of God at all moments in our lives and, I believe it is also that we ask God for the second coming of Christ to occur and the battle to be terminated by victory - although personally I would like a little more time to prepare !

"... thy will be done" is our personal promise that through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we humbly submit to the desires of God and be obedient to them.

This prayer I believe shows us a 'recipe' for reaching an intimacy with God. The prayer contains the precepts concerning our proper attitude and clear instruction on how we should communicate with God through prayer.

• 2 weeks later...

Thy kingdom come, kingdom meaning the Glory of God coming down on earth as it is in heaven. I’ve heard believers being referred to as the kingdom. I’m wondering if it applies to believers passed and living. 
Gods will WILL be done whether or not we ask. But when we ask, we show we care about and seek it. I know, in hard times, I will want MY outcome, but I try to be reverent in praying for His will only. And for the peace and comfort of my God for me to lean on if it isn’t what I want. But how can I argue with how heaven will be, I know His Will, will always be the best way. So why not ask for it, all the time? 

• 11 months later...
On 9/5/2005 at 8:12 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

When we are asking that the Father's kingdom should come, we are asking God to manifest His power and and glory here in us and throughout the world. God is in control of everything in heaven and here on earth. So when we are asking for His will to be done, we are asking Him to do just that, manifest His will and His purpose here on earth as He does in heaven. 

This prayer should affect our lives in knowing that God is in control, we can trust His guidance and His leading through this journey called life