JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Daniel, had been shown what was going to happen in this generation, the latter days, which is now. It is history to us, but, it is also prophesy.

Solomon told us in the book of Ecclesiastes 1:9, What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

Paul reminded us in, 1 Corinthians 10:6, Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not **** after evil things, as they also lusted. He tells us again, in verse (11), Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. God is telling us to watch!, stop reading his words as if it just history, what your'e reading is going to happen again. Only this time the real King of Bablylon, is the Anti-christ himself. Satan. He is going to be sitting in Jerusalem pretending to be Jesus, and deceiveing the whole world, the only ones he will not fool is God's Elect.

Daniel's vision in chapter 8, for this generation, was so much like what he was going through, he became puzzled, and then when he was shown what was going to happen after it came to pass in this generation, He couldn't eat or sleep.

In chapter 8:10, And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

(This is Satan and his fallen angels comming down to earth, and taking over).

(11) Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his santuary was cast down. (People are going to stop waiting for The Real Jesus, because Satan is going to have them thinking he is Jesus.

(12) And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

(He is going to have a host of people following him People are going to be transgressing God's law, Thou shall have no other gods before me.) Not only is he going to have the fallen angels, helping him, he is also going to have the Kenites, (the offspring of Cain), Yes, that old Serpent in the garden, was Cains father, and Cain has children, called the Kenites, here on earth, controlling the four hidden dynasties, religion, politics, finance, and education, remember the (four beast?) We all know that Eve did not eat an apple in the garden, right?

(13) Then I heard one sain speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saing which spake, How long shallbe the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot. (Daniel is asking them, long is this going to go on?, How long is it going to be until Christ comes and trodden the devil and his no good gang, under foot.

(Remember what God said to the serpent, in Genesis, chapter 3:15, And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shall bruise his heel.) Christ is comming to bruise Satan's head!

Let's get back to Daniel and see how long!

(14) And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

How many days is that? 5 months-five months!!

Jesus told us, in Matthew 24:22, And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

He tells us again, in Mark 13:20, And except that the Lord had shortened those day, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days. Even in 1 Timothy 2:10, Timothy mentions the elects. Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

John, tells in Revelation 9:5, And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. Do you know how a scorpion eats his food? He injects his poision in to the the victims body, and the body rots from the insid out, he then sucks the inside out of the body, and eats it. God is telling us that Satan is going to inject his poision into your mind, with lies, and sweet talk, giving you anything you want, and melting your mind to the point , that you are going to believe he is the Real Jesus.

John, tells us again in Revelation 9:10, And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. Now back to Daniel!

(15) And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold there stood before me as the appearance of a man.

(16) And I heard a man's voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision. (The angel is going to tell Daniel the same thing, only he is going to tell it to him with another example.) In chapters (17 - 26), he is confirming Daniel's vision.

But he tell's him to close the book because the time is not yet, (26) And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true wherefore shut thou up the vision; for it shall be for many days. Those many days are now, in this generation!

Daniel's book is open. Are you one of God's Elect? Do you have eyes to see and ears to hear? That's why Daniel became sick, and couldn't eat, he saw us doing the same things, that was happening then, we weren't listening to what God had warned us about. He used Pharoah, Nebuchadnezzar, Nebuchadnezzar's grandson, Belshazzar, Alaxander , all of these men were examples of the anti-christ, God was letting us know by letting it happen over and over again, that this is how the latter days are going to go down. Only this time, it is going to be Satan himself.

DANIEL'S PRAYER WAS FOR US!!!!!! HE HAD SEEN WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THIS GENERATION. THE GENERATION OF THE FIG TREE! ISRAEL BECAME A NATION ON MAY 15, 1948. What year were you born!

Daniel Chapter 9:3, And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:

(4) And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him and to them that keep his commandments;

(5) We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgements:

(6) Neither have we hearkened unto thy servants the prophets, which spake in thy name to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, and to all the people of the land.

(7) O Lord, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries wither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trepassed against thee.

(8) O Lord, to us belongeth confusion of face, to our kings, to our princes, and to our fathers, because we have sinned against thee.

From verses (9 -20), Daniel continues to pray for our sins, and for God to not let this thing happen, So in verse 21, he get's an answer from Gabriel himself, Gabriel tells him in 22 that he has come to give him skill and understanding. In verse 23 he tells Daniel that his prayer was heard from the moment he had spoken, Daniel had waited for 70 days to hear from the LORD, Gabriel tells him how much he is loved and begins to tell him about hte vision, he had.

In verses 24 - 27, he confirms Daniel's vision again. Yes it's true Daniel, this is what's going to happen. Daniel really wants God's children to read, and listen to their Father's word

The Shepherds Chapel

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (9:3-4a) What is Daniel's demeanor as he prays? How does he prepare? Why is this so important in this case? In what ways might you and I prepare for intercession?

:( Abject humility. That is the attitude that he has when he went to the Lord for forgiveness on behalf of his people. Daniel knows that God is a merciufl God but to claim His mercy, he has to humble himself before the Lord and intercede for his people. Outward appearance also counts toward inward resolution. Fasting, putting on sackcloth and ashes are a way of focusing on the subject. He knew that he has to represent himself before the Lord and ask forgiveness on behalf of the Israelites. This is an imporant factor all the time. Our attitude counts when the Lord takes into account our purpose and significance of the prayer.

Daniel set his face toward the Lord, postured his heart in deliberate humility and supplication through fasting and repentance. Seeking, requiring by pounding on heavens door on behalf of the sins of Israel. Daniel prayed continually until he received and answer.

I identify with Daniels approach, because I move toward intercession in a similar fashion. I identify what the Lord wants me to intercede about/for. I worship in order to establish an atmosphere; I then take communion before I pray. I pray until the Holy Spirit discloses to me the answer I am seeking.

Q2. (9:3-4a) What is Daniel's demeanor as he prays? How does he prepare? Why is this so important in this case? In what ways might you and I prepare for intercession?

Daniel goes to pray with a humble and contrite heart.He fasts and clothes himself in sackcloth and ashes as if in mourning.

He takes on the sins of His people and inteceeds on their behalf.He seeks a restoration of his people into a right relationship with God and he is desperate for it.

When we go into intecessory prayer,we need to prepare our own hearts so that iniquity is not found in us,for if we harbour iniquity then our prayers become an abomination to the Lord.We should then identify with the sins of those we are praying for and ask for mecy.God so wants to forgive us and set us freeWe need to know the heart cry of our God.

• 2 weeks later...

What is Daniel's demeanor when He prays?

1. Without question, Daniel does come before God with a broken and contrite heart (which pleases God) for that is the type of sacrifice with which

God is well-pleased. Daniel has a heart for his people and is a true intercessor for his people.

2. It is important because the future of the nation is at stake and unless

there is a mighty intervention of God, Israel will be under the control of

a pagan government

3. We can prepare for intercession, first by having our own lives in right

standing before God by coming under the refining hand of God. When we

have placed our own lives under God's authority , then we can enter into

our prayer closet and intercede for others.

Daniels demeanor was how he should prepare himself for this prayer to God.Daniel knew how to pray.He fasted,confessed his sins,and pleaded that God would reveal his will.Daniel prayed with complete surrender to God.Daniel examined his attitude and talked to God,with openness.

As we prepare for intercession,we must examine ourself,fast if you feel you should.Confess your sins.Humble myself.Maybe I am saying this in a diffrent way,but I want to get rid of the brick wall.I want to feel my prayers are going somewhere.I want to hear God speak back to me and be ready for what God tells me to do.When you pray and ask God for His help and mercy I fell I have to be ready and do my part also.I have to be prepared also.

• 3 weeks later...

Q2. (9:3-4a) What is Daniel's demeanor as he prays? How does he prepare?

Daniel approaches God in total humility, appealing to God for mercy for his people through prayer and petition. He prepared by fasting, with sackcloth & ashes.

Why is this so important in this case?

The Israelites did not deserve mercy because they had broken covenant with God and were not keeping his commandments. It was only through His grace and His mercy that He gave despite their unworthiness that they were delivered. Daniel was very aware of this and he appealed to God on that basis.

In what ways might you and I prepare for intercession?

By being completely humble and honest before God. In praying for my nation of Canada, I will be more aware of the principle of how Daniel took the nation's sins on himself as his own and implement that in prayer.

• 4 months later...

Daniel did not boast because he was a rigtheous man but he humbled himself before God in prayer by fasting, and in sack cloth and ashes .He pleaded before God to forgive the Nation and restore it.

We should follow the example of Daniel in our prayers for others.

• 4 weeks later...

Daniel takes on the appearance and mindset of a man who has lost someone very dear to him. By putting on sack cloth and ashes he goes into mourning and expresses great sadness for his tremendous loss, his homeland and freedom.

In order to have God move on a situation it is necessary for us to approach Him clear of sin and in complete humility. It never hurts to fast to have Yahweh respond to us which Daniel did as part of his preparation to offer his petition to Adonai.

While the tradition of sack cloth and ashes is archaic it is important that we come before the Lord clear of sin and with a humble spirit. We should also come boldly to His throne knowing that if we ask anything according to His will, He will do it.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Q: What is Daniel's demeanor as he prays? How does he prepare? Why is this so important in this case? In what ways might you and I prepare for intercession?

9:3 says that Daniel turned to the Lord God, pleased with him in prayer and petition, in fasting, sackcloth and ashes. Daniel took the matter very seriously understanding they had deeply offended God's covenant. His outwards actions (fasting, sackcloth and ashes) reveal his heart is broken over what has broken God's heart. Daniel is humbly asking God to remember mercy upon His people and restore them. He reminds God in verse 4 of His own nature - God is great, awesome, and loving. Daniel prepared for this time of prayer by understanding God's concern for the nation.

How can I prepare for intercession? First of all, to attempt to understand the situation from God's perspective by understanding God's expectations and how we have failed him. From that understanding we need a heart change to grieve over our condition and then to plead for God's mercy on us.

• 2 weeks later...

:( Daniel's demeanor as he prays is to be very humble before God and confess the sins of the nation including himself in it.

He prepares himself by fasting and by putting on sackcloth and ashes.

It is important he do it like this because God owes them nothing. They are a sinful people and can only plead for mercy.

We might prepare for intercession by reading and trusting God's word and come humbly to the Lord, asking for forgiveness of our sin and giving thanks to God for his love and mercy.

Daniel's demeanor is one of humility, penitence, and pleading. He is earnest and full of faith in the promise of freedom and God's mercy. "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6 He truly believes God wills to return Israel and will forgive. He humbles himself through fasting, interceeding, and confessing. "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, a broken and a contrite heart

• 3 weeks later...

Q2. (9:3-4a) What is Daniel's demeanor as he prays?

As he prayed, Daniel was intensely serious and prayed in complete humility.

How does he prepare?

Daniel fasted, and was clothed in sackcloth and ashes.

Daniel knew that only God had the answer for his people and that if he prayed, in earnest, God would deliver his people to their homeland.

When going into intercession, if time permits, we should prepare ourselves by fasting and pulling away from the everyday affairs that will distract and draw your attention. Pull away and get alone with God.

• 1 month later...

1). Daniel prayed in total humility before God, knowing that Israel deserved divine mercy that could bring them through.

He humbles himself through fasting, pleading, interceding, and confessing.

2). He prepared by investing time in prayer, fasting and clothing himself in sackcloth and adorning himself with ashes.

He was willing to take responsibility for the sin of his nation and represent them with humble, grieving, repentant intercession before God.

3). It is so important to approach God in a humble manner because He was showing God that he wasn

• 4 months later...

Daniel comes to God with complete humilty

He prepares by fasting unto the Lord, and confessing His sins and praising God

It is important because Daniel was not pleading for a righteous cause but begging mercy for a people full of rebellion and sin. Fasting brings about humility and shows God that we are submissive to His will and purpose, and also shows God that we know how unworthy we are.

The same way Daniel did - fasting, and confessing. This is something that needs to be taught more in the churches today but I know that when we fast we become more in tune with God and God blesses every effort that we put forth to seek His face. Fasting without prayer is a diet. Prayer and fasting is the key.

• 3 months later...

Daniel's demeanor as he prayed was compete submission. He "pleaded with him prayer and petition, in fasting, and in sackcloth and ashes." Daniel prayed in confession. Daniel prepares for this prayer by fasting, in sackcloth and ashes. Humble and complete submission unto God.

Daniel is petitioning to the Lord for the restoration of Israel.

I should prepare for intercession by confession of sin, fasting and complete submission of God.

• 7 months later...

He is humbled and pentant,he is in mourning over the sins of the people. He is reaching out to God for mercy for his people and a continued relationship with the one and only God of Isreal. It is important to confess our sins and Daniel knew this and was seeking forgiveness from God for all of Isreal. We should preparethe same way Daniel did with a humble heart and a repant heart and with an earnestnes to seek the Lord with a pure and devoted mind for change. A seeking of new relationship and dedication to submission to God and His plan for our life.

Daniel begins by praising God and telling how awesome God is. He is praising God and then he acknowledges Israel's sin. He openly and honestly confessed Israel's sins accepting them as his own.

Daniel prepared for this prayer by humbling himself before God. He had read scriptures to know of God's prophecy for Israel to be in captivity for 70 years. He fasted and presented himself with ashes and sackclothe.

Daniel was asking for restoration of Israel although they had sinned and should have known better. Daniel took the sin upon himself in seeking forgiveness and restoration for Israel.

We can prepare as Daniel did and rely on the verse in the Bible: "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal

their land."

• 1 month later...

Daniel prepared to pray in such a way as to let God know that his heart was in it. He fasted-he put on mourning attire. He felt that he had to get God's attention, because he was praying for something huge. He was desparate.

We need to preare ourselves by making sure that we are free of sin-confession. Then, what I do, is, I go to my prayer closet, and I get on my knees, and I praise God for what He has done, give Him the honor He is due, and The Holy Ghost takes it from there! Gotta go shout! Bye!

• 3 weeks later...

His demeanor was one of humility...and praise of his God. He prepares by putting on sackcloth and fasting...he confessed his sins and the sins of the people to cleanse hearts before communing with a Holy God.

We can prepare by coming to God in humility thanking Him for the forgiveness of sin by the shed blood of Jesus on the cross and in thanksgiving and praise present our requests to God. Essentially, following the Word in Philippians 4:4-9.

Thank you Jesus!

Q2. (9:3-4a) What is Daniel's demeanor as he prays?

He set his face to the Lord God (may have been on his face before the Lord), earnestly seeking by prayer and supplication, wearing sackcloth, and ashes....repentant, and humble.

How does he prepare?

First by reading the Word, then through fasting, then confession for his own sins and the willful sins and disobedience of the nation which brought about God's wrath in sending them into exile.

He was interceding on behalf of an entire "fallen" nation, who most likely had no interest in the scriptures nor access to them, in order to know their years in exile prophesied were nearing an end.

Daniel is an excellent example. Prayer, fasting, confession, repentance, humility, and God's heart and love for those whom we're interceding.

Daniel prays in complete, utter humility. He prepares himself by fasting, dressing in sack cloth, and with ashes. Israel has done wrong, this is why God let the Assyrians conquer the north, and the Babylonians take the south. In captivity, they have not repented, or in anyway 'earned' favor with God - it is by God's grace and justice, that He keeps to His promise to return the Jews to their land after 70 years of punishment. Daniel is coming to God to intercede for all Israel, and takes a very humble stance in his prayer. He confesses to the sins of Israel, much as Christ suffers for the sins of all mankind on the cross.

When we take it upon ourselves to intercede for others, we must be sure that we are in a right relationship with God. We must have our own houses in order, first. We can not presume that by praying for others that we will make things right between us and the Lord.

Daniel prays in complete humility. He prepares himself by fasting, he dressed in sack cloth, and with ashes. Israel sinned against God, this is why God allowed the Assyrians to conquer the north, and the Babylonians take the south. In captivity, they did not repent. but God as usual is faithful and convenant keeping, He keeps to His promise to return the Israelites to their land after 70 years of punishment. Daniel is coming to God to intercede for all Israel, he takes this humble stance in his prayer. He confesses to the sins of Israel, Jesus Christ did the like for the world too.

When we take it upon ourselves to intercede for others, we must be sure that we are in a right relationship with God. We must have our own houses in order, first. We can not presume that by praying for others that we will make things right between us and the Lord. We need to have the right standing with our God so that we don't put others into trouble while interceding for them. Fasting is also essential, in filling of the Holy Spirit.

• 4 weeks later...

Daniel prepared for prayer and petition by fasting and in sackcloth and ashes. He then turned and set his face to the Lord (toward Jerusalem) and with determination he pleaded, prayed, petitioned, and confessed. When we interceed for others we must come before God humbly and with a clean confessed heart.