JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Hello to all. I am living in sunny Orange County, CA, U.S.A. Hope this bible study finds everyone well. I have never done an online study before, but I am a youth leader for the high school group at my church and we have been studying integrity and knowing oneself and having self assurance which I have never really had. I have been talking with God and think that he wants me to find him and learn of myself by learning the different sides, faces, and facets of his character. I hope you all enjoy the journey as I know that I will.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello to all:

My name is Joyce. I live in a small town in the Georiga Mountains. I am so excited to start this study for a number of reasons. As I view the messages from others, I am struck that my own personal growth was not one of those reasons. I pray God's forgiveness for that attitude and ask for his blessing for all who join this study.

Hi everyone. My name is Jan and I live in Indiana. I have been feeling like I need a Bible study for some time now, but just didn't know where to look. I finally realized last night that I probably could find a Bible study on-line and ended up at Joyful Heart.

My husband (of nearly 27 years) and I have 4 beautiful daughters (ages: 24, 18, 15, and 12). We have homeschooled them since 1989 and plan to continue homeschooling for the next 6 years, when our youngest will graduate.

I am very much looking forward to beginning this Bible study and hope to continue my spiritual growth. I teach Sunday School (my youngest's class) and am a member of a small group (in our church) and the Emmaus Community. I can hardly wait to get started.

• 1 month later...
:) Hi. I look forward to being a part of the names of God study. I stumbled upon the study through a search of the names of God search engine. I attend a small non denominational church where I lead a ladies bible study. I look forward to using the insights gleaned in this study to add a new dimension to our study time. there are ladies at all different stages in their walk with the Lord and I can see the names of God study as one that will benefit all believers regardless of the length of time they have been Chrisitians. I live in Georgia with my husband and our teen children.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm pleased to join with you in this study of God's Names and Titles.

I look forward to our supporting and praying for one another.

I am from Portland, OR.

McKay

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning. I'm from a tiny little town in the mountains of Colorado -- Buena Vista. I participated in a Names of God study 20 years ago and then went on to teach it a couple of times to small groups of women; it changed my life. I remember one of the early lessons quotes from a Nathan Stone was "We will experience God and enjoy him only in proportion as we know him. The knowledge of God is more essential for the Christian than the knowledge of anything else." I'll never forget it. Isn't it so true that our God is so big, that we can never plunge the depths of all there is to know about him. Yet we can sense that we are so intimately related with him along the way as he does reveal himself to us uniquely throughout the stages of our individual journeys? I'm very much looking forward to this study. -- Pam

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - My name is Kaitlin, and I'm from Minnesota. I just started college this past fall, and I go to the local Assemblies of God church. Some of my main hobbies are guitar, karate, and snowboarding. Lately I've just really realized how shallowly I know God. I went to a Christian school for a while, and to church, so I am quite familiar with the christian religion, but the other day when I was praying, I just asked God- Who are You? So basically, I really think it's time to know God's heart in a more intimate way. Hence, the Names of God.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm not exactly just getting started, but I just got home from the hospital stay this evening so I did get way behind. I'll be picking back up in the next few days. This is a wonderful study, welcome!

i am very new, and at the moment just getting all this figured out as best i can.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm Doris from Chandler, Arizona, U.S.A. I signed up to do the Names of God study as I was Googling to find out the various names of God. Figure knowing these in my life would give me greater power as a Christian. I got this CD by John-Paul Jackson that speaks 365 Names of God and it's really awesome. However, I would like to learn more and came across Dr. Wilson's study and thought why not? I was saved at Vacation Bible School when I was 7 and now I am 39.

Going through some pretty major stuff that can really shake anyone's faith. I want victory and the power of God in my life every single day as I step out in faith to trust Him in all areas of my life. It's been a real challenge most days. Am actively involved in a Vineyard Christian Fellowship where it's a really dynamic, transparent, God honoring, God-loving church. It's amazing. The past 2-3 yrs of my life have dramatically changed as the chains of life have been coming off, giving me greater freedom to walk in the abundance of a Christ-filled life.

I want MORE!!!

I am a wife whose husband has separated from her, and we have 2 beautiful children (Hannalee Mercy, which means God is gracious in Hebrew to this little Chinese plum and is 7 yrs old; and Sean Colson, which means God is gracious in Irish and generously gifted, will soon be 4 yrs old). Recently I retired/left my engineering profession to pursue stock options trading, to be obedient to the Lord. I did not anticipate the "life" things that have happened in my marriage and family to happen, and that has had a profound impact on my options trading. I could greatly use prayer here as our funds are running low. God can do amazing things and increase where it seems nearly impossible.

God provides!!!

Bless you all,

Doris

Hello everyone, blessings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. My name in Kareen and I live in Texas. I have been searching for a Bible study on the Names of God for a long time so finding this has been an answer to prayer. I am married to a Baptist Minister and we have 3 grown children that are all married and two of them have started families, so I am Nana to 4 grandchildren. I became interested in studying the names of God when I read a book by that title by Ken Hemphill. I am excited to be a part of this study.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings to all!

My name is Helena. :) I'm from the state of Pennsylvania, USA. I've been interested in the names and titles of God for a long time, and have hungered to know and learn more. Applying what I learn is extremely important to me as a woman of the Lord and in my personal life. I am married and have three beautiful grown daughters. I love to read, crochet, walk, swim (just finished swimming lessons *smile*), work with art, music, and the list goes on. I'm a marketing and outreach coordinator for a small non-profit and plan to have a small graphic design business eventually. Shalom!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone my name is John and I am part of a street ministry, called Street Level, we are located in the beatiful northwest, in Seattle Washington. We are a out post of the Seattle Temple of the Slavation Army. You know many people think we are just a thirft store, and a rehab center. I am exicted to study God's word with you all.

God Bless you all

John

Hello,

My name is Barry and I live in central Ohio, where I pastor a little country church

in Sunbury, Ohio. I worked for AT&T developing computer systems, then pastored

a church in Westerville for 20 years. I love studying the presence of God and His

Names - especially just enjoying His presence in Worship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! My name is Stephanie, and I have just signed up for this course. I am wife to a wonderful man, mommy to 5 beautiful blessings (plus the 7 that are at home with God). We homeschool our children, and I am presently working on becoming a much better person by working on different Bible studies and so on, so that any changes I make, I make with God's blessing. I hope that on this forum, I have the chance to meet others who may be able to help me in this wonderful journey.

God bless!

Steph

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Deborah and I am a Hebrew Christian. God saved me 32 years ago and not a day goes by that I am not thankful that He did. It is a privilege to be one of God's chosen people and redeemed by Sovereign grace. I am married with 5 mostly grown children and I work in the health care field. I am really looking forward to this online Bible study.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from Cincinnati, Ohio. My name is Susan and my husband and I have two grown married children and six grandsons. We love children and we also love to visit and perform music for various nursing homes in our area. We also host a small group that meets weekly in our home with my husband playing the keyboard and leading worship. The rest of us share in leading studies. One of our members had a bible with all the names of God listed. During one meeting we each took turns reading these names and their meanings. . . it took us nearly 45 minutes to complete! By the time we finished we were all awe struck by the power of His names. . . we serve an awesome God, don't we? Anyway, I came across this website looking for study guides and saw the study on the names of God. Beginning in January our little group is going to be using it as a guide to praise our Maker by studying His names and attributes. We are looking forward to a wonderful time in the Lord.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Paula and I live in Texas, which is kind of a country in itself, so I've been told. LOL

I am looking forward to this study. I attend church at the DFW New Beginnings Church in Irving Texas and I am looking forward to MY new

beginnings in 2008. I've had a difficult year in 2007 which has driven me into the arms of God and for that I am glad. I have asked 2 of my close friends to join me in this study, which you will hear from later. My God richly bless us as we seek Him and His perfect place for us.

Hi!

My name is Deb. I've just finished three years of part-time study for an online degree; it left me little time to be in daily Bible study, so I am hungry to get back to it. I was especially pleased to find the JoyfulHeart studies and to find that they are in-depth *and* online, too! :) I'm looking forward to studying the character of God as the names in the Bible reveal. It is my prayer that my eyes will be more keenly aware of God's presence and grace in my life....

Hi. My name is Jill and I live in Dallas, Texas, USA. I attend DFW New Beginnings and am looking forward to digging into God's Word with all of you. I was born in Des Moines, Iowa and also lived in Tulsa, Oklahoma for a while. However, I've been in Texas since 1976, so I guess I'm a Texan now! I am joining PaulaB in this adventure. Blessings to all of you and wisdom to the leaders! :D