JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. The Eternal God

Q2. (Isaiah 57:15) What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"? What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places? What emotions does this inspire in you?

Quite honestly, I cannot seem to get my head around it. It's just beyond my human comprehension...praise God that His plans are greater than anything I can imagine!!! The one thing that I do know for sure is that "..God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

(Revelation 21:4)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my understanding, time is measurable, it has a beginning and an end, while eternity has no beginning and no end and cannot be expressed in terms of time.

Inhabiting eternity with God eternal and unlimited will be an experience that cannot be described with limited words uttered by a limited person. I don't think I can describe it now while in the flesh.

Being in total Light, and with the Holy God in all His glory will be the source of complete joy and peace.

• 5 months later...

Q2. (Isaiah 57:15) What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"? What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places? What emotions does this inspire in you?

God was, is, will be - He is forever.

Heaven must be beautiful but "Who wants to live forever?"

• 4 months later...

Names of God: Lesson 3

Verse 15:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Q2. (Isaiah 57:15)

What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"?

What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places?

What emotions does this inspire in you?

My finite mind cannot comprehend what heaven will be like. I should imagine time has no meaning there. All I know is what I

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Windy

It is hard to imagine, what it will be like to inhabit eternity. My mind, just can't wrap itself around the idea. There will be no measure of time, there will be no aches and pains, no sorrow, and no death. To be with my Lord Jesus forever, will be pure joy.

• 4 weeks later...

To inhabit eternity to me means to be in the presence of the living God every day, every minute forever where time is of no consequence, not just a glimpse during worship or study or when i am in his presence now, but every fiber being permeated by his presence AMAZING.

To inhabit eternity, seated with Christ Jesus the emotions it inspires is peace, i know when i was given a grave diagnosis and the doctors were telling my family to expect the worse, his presence filled the room and a sense of awe and peace overcame me and I knew no matter what it would be alright. So it inspires, peace, awe and a great expectation for which I would lay down my life for him to experience it. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think to inhabit eternity will be an existence outside of time- there will be no past/yesterday of tomorrow/future, just present (time) I think to be seated with Christ in heavenly places in eternity,will be awesome.We will be without blemish of spot and will be able to love and worship Him as He deserves. The thought of it fills my heart with gladness and love and gratefulness.

• 2 weeks later...

"Inhabiting Eternity" is Remembering Eternity and Being Eternity.....Being with the Eternal God will be Remembering that One is With the Eternal God....Inspiring emotions of Compassion, Love and Patience.

• 4 weeks later...

2. a.b. Can't imagine what it would be like to live in eternity. It is forever, never getting old., or sick or tired or sad. It's wonderful to imagine a world without sin, spot, blemish or wrinkle. To be pure and holy forever with no wrong thoughts .. Awesome! To have fellowship with the eternal, everlasting, holy God who created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them and who had a plan for my life to spend eternity with Him and to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. To have all knowledge and understanding ...we would have a lot to talk about and have eternity to do it. I never traveled a lot, but feel that he might even let me fly around in the spirit to see all the world that he created. Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard the things that God has prepared for them that love Him.

c. I would be filled with joy, peace, comfort, exhilerated , life, contentment, etc. It would be the happiest time ever to be with my first love and to live eternally with Him.

• 2 months later...

To inhabit eternity is like living a continuum, indefinite, unending life. This is an expected life when I spend a thousand year it will be as if I have just spend a day, every day is new and it goes on and on ohhhh not ending. this will be very awesome,I will feel so secured living continuously with my father who loved me and gave Himself for me. Can't miss it, I must make Heaven

• 1 month later...

Isa 57:15 For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite.

When I was younger I will admit that this idea scared me. I had no understanding how this could be possible. I know can thing about this in a different way. With the Lord time itself will not be needed...we will not be with the constraints of time which was created for us here on earth with our mortal bodies. I can imagine all the questions and answers that I will seek out. To be actually allowed in the presence of the Lord and to inhabit the same place...

It is hard to describe the emotions this brings. I will admit fear is one of them. Not a scared fear but fear of just not knowing what to expect. Then there is complete and total awe to praise the Lord seeing Him and joy and right now there is sadness that some will not be joining me there.

font]

With all Creation I sing

Praise to the King of Kings

You are my every thing a

and I will adore You

What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"? What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places? What emotions does this inspire in you?

i think it will be scary and wonderful at the same time. the same thing is going though my head fear and wonderful too.

Isaiah 57:15; "For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: 'I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite."

What I think it's like to inhabit eternity I don't know to tell you the truth. I think that I will see Jesus in heaven and live with him for the rest of the eternity. That will be great if I was be with Jesus and have some fun. the first answer I've done is that I was extremely puzzled and confused.

Isa 57:15 For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite.

I don't know what this question means. It is confusing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My level of comprehension is too small to even imagine the question. It’s got to be the most awesome, amazing experience; one that is undescrible. I can only guess that it’s an elated mystical, supernatural, peaceful experience that never ends. No worldly stuff as we know it now (worries, sickness, sadness, sin, time, etc.). It sounds like peace and tranquility. Being with Jesus – in earthly terms, beyond marvelous!

• 5 weeks later...

I think eternity will be unimportant unless my Creator and substainer will be with me. My view of eternity isn't a vision of God with Jesus at his right hand, but an upclose relationship with me and my family sitting on the lap of Jesus adoring and praising him forever

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Isaiah 57:15) What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"?  I really don't know, as the song by Mercy Me says, " I can only imagine"  I will live forever with everlasting joy and peace and will be in His presence always

What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places? What emotions does this inspire in you?          

It has to be more than wonderful. The wonderful there cannot compare to the wonderful here.  And, to be with Christ Jesus, the one who died for me sins. Oh, thank God that Jesus Christ loved me enough to sacrifice His life for mine. Happiness and joy are the emotions that are inspired in me and oh yes, peace.

• 1 month later...

Q2. (Isaiah 57:15) What do you think it is like to "inhabit eternity"?

Good question. To our earthly way of thinking it might seem like Groundhog Day, as humoroulsy depicted in the movie of that name. For six years I lived in another town to where I do now. In all that time nothing seemed to change all that much. I did the same things every day, worked in the same places, or close enough to the same places, had the same girlfriend and our relationship didn't progress either. I'd remember something that might have been slightly out of the ordinary and try to remember when it happened and be surprised that it was two or three years ago when in my mind it felt like only a few months. My mind can't grasp the concept of inhabiting eternity where it's always the same.

What will it be like when you inhabit eternity with the Eternal God, seated with Christ Jesus in heavenly places?

Pastor Ralph said it best that God inhabits a different plane than we do. In our reality, our dimension, call it what you will, time is a constant. Time exists and everything in our plane of reality happens in its allotted time. In our reality Jesus hasn't come back yet, the tribulation hasn't happened, the dead in Christ haven't risen. The times for those things isn't here yet. BUT in God's plane of reality it's different. Jesus didn't say "It is finished" just for something to say. John the Revelator was given the best ever look at future . . . and past . . . events and that's why Revelation is so hard to understand. Some of the things John was shown were in our past and some have yet to happen, but it the eternal realm, where John was taken in his vision, everything had already taken place. In heavenly time it's all been done. The new heavens and the new earth already exist in the heavenly space and we're there the moment we leave this plane.

When we die in this reality our bodies rest in the ground or our ashes rest in the urn. But in the heavenly reality we're already with Jesus. We know this from what He told the thief on the cross beside Him. Being near the end of His time on earth, Jesus was already thinking in eternal terms. He was still here, but His mind was already on the things of eternity.

As for what it'll be like? We'll have to wait and see.

What emotions does this inspire in you?

It's all very overwhelming. To think that God created everything with the foreknowledge that all the bad things would happen and yet still went ahead and did it with his redemptive plan in place to eventually rectify it all is something we as mere human beings can't really grasp. If I knew that something I was going to make would turn on me and rebel and try to defeat me and rule me, I wouldn't do it. I would make it so that nothing went wrong. But then I'm not the holy God. I often refer to God's holiness as an essential part of His being and He created everything the way He did because of His holiness. If He'd made things differently He wouldn't be true to Himself. Being God, He desires worship. The best worship is that which is done from a free will, not from a will that cannot do anything other than what it's programmed to do.

In Heaven, the 24 elders, the angels, the four living creatures, and everything else that has never been to earth, all worship God because that's what they do. They've never done anything differently. But the very thought that God went to all that trouble so that we, His created people could also worship Him in Heaven is an overwhelming concept to consider.

Guest Kiteline

The thought of inhabiting eternity at first is a bit frightening. Time brings change both growth & decline, so at least the decline or winding down will be done away with. Never ending growth & discovery along with ever increasing purpose & fulfillment is just hard to imagine, due to the lack of earthly life examples. The only thing that makes an eternal existence a positive thing rather than a torturous thought is that its in the presence of a limitless and good God. The new creation ought to be wonderful, but over eternity by itself it will become a bore without the never ending glory of God to explore and experience.

Life here and now is also so wrapped up in helping people in need and directing them to the Father. Our purpose here ought to be the same as it is in eternity, namely to give God praise, but I guess I'm still in process here. If eternity removes the desperate need, and puts us face to face with God it should be easier to be consumed and excited with praising Him always. It is need however that has formed the richest times of my lifes experiences, so I imagine that while inhabiting eternity in our perfected bodies there will still be this sence of need, founded on our eternal dependence of God. I'm thinking we may have perfected bodies but we will still be always growing in some ways, and the depth of our understanding of our dependence & need for God is something we will forever be growing into. I'm guessing we'll take a huge step in this direction when we leap to eternity, but perhaps as we inhabit eternity we will continue to take steps of growth here too.

I often think of eternity as a perfected state, with a new earth & new heaven where all the effects of sin have been removed and its been restored to how God intended it to be. However, as creation was the reflection of God's creativity, I'm thinking eternity will also be full of his creative energy. We will never run out of the "new" or the "never seen before", for God will continue to be creating for that's just who he is.  If this amazing world we live in now was created in 6 days (or distinct periods), I can't even come close to image what God would create over an eternity?