JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Redeemed from Slavery

Without the knowledge of God's forgiveness and redemption, I would be stuck in my sinful life with no hope for change. But God forgives me and redeems me so I put my hope in him. When I fall prey to sin as it crosses my path, I acknowledge and repent of that sin, and God forgives me. Knowing I'm redeemed gives my life meaning and hope. I know that whatever happens in this world, I have a home in heaven prepared for me when my body dies and my spirit is set free.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery? What do you think your life up to now would have been like if you hadn't been redeemed? What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?

WITHOUT CHRIST MY LIFE WOULD BE TOTALY CHAOTIC.

WITHOUT HIM PAYING THE PRICE, I KNOW FOR SURE I WOULDN'T BE REPLYING TO THIS BIBLE STUDY COURSE. FELLOWSHIPPING WITH EVERYONE IN THIS COURSE. I WOULD NOT BE FREE AND WOULD BE LIVING IN TOTAL COMPLETE SIN. DEFINITELY A SINFUL NATURE, BECAUSE IF I ALLOW THIS FLESH TO LEAD IT WOULD FOLLOW SATAN, WITHOUT A DOUBT. THAT IS WHY I AM THANKFUL, GRATEFUL EACH AND EVERYDAY OF THE PRICE THAT JESUS PAID FOR OUR SINS, I AM THANKFUL THAT GOD GAVE HIS ONLY SON TO SAVE US, TO BE WITH US, TO LOVE US.

OH, THE BATTLE IS NOT OVER YET, BUT I AM ABLE TO FIGHT IT EACH AND EVERYDAY. BECAUSE JESUS PAID THE ULTIMATE PRICE. WITH OUT JESUS I WOULD HAVE TO ATONE FOR MY SINS AND I PROBABLY WOULDN'T EVEN REALIZE THAT I WAS SINNING. LIKE MY LIFE WAS BEFORE I KNEW WHAT THE IMPORTANCE OF GOD'S WILL IS, NOT TAKING WHAT I'VE LEARNED SERIOUS, BELIEVING THAT I HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO MAKE IT RIGHT, BUT I AM GRATEFUL THAT I GAINED MY SENSES IN TIME AND JOINED THE RIGHT TEAM.

I CHOSE JESUS AS MY LORD AND SAVIOR, I CHOSE TO LIVE ACCORDING TO GOD'S WILL AND NOT MY OWN WILL, AND STILL I WAS GIVEN THE CHANCE TO CHOOSE. WITHOUT JESUS I PROBABLY LIKE A LOT OF FOLKS WHO ARE STILL WORSHIPPING STATUES, AND OTHER FALSE GODS BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT THEIR LEADERSHIP BELIEVES IN AND THEY DON'T HAVE A CHOICE, BUT JESUS FREED ME AND GAVE ME THAT CHOICE, HE PROVED HIS LOVE AND LOYALTY TO THE FATHER AND TO US. HOW CAN ANYONE DOUBT THAT?

I was redeemed from bondage of neglect, abandonment, loneliness, and without a sense of self-worth. At the early age of nine my mother left the family and my parents were separated since then. I grew up with barriers and facade to survive. A christian friend led me to Christ and then I realize that I was worth dying for because He bought me with His precious blood. Daily I am learning to trust...

If I was not redeemed my life would have been a continuous disappointment and unhappiness and I would have probably resorted to quick cure that might have given temporary relief.

My future would have nothing to look forward to and I would not have even dreamt of eternal life beyond what life can offer here on earth.

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery? What do you think your life up to now would have been like if you hadn't been redeemed? What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?

I have been redeemed and delivered from my addiction, if I had not turned my life and will over to God I believe I would be dead.

That Jesus paid the price to buy me back because He loves me - without His sacrifice I would not have any hope in this life or after. Let me explain - for almost 18 years of my life I have suffered with Epilepsy and there was no way I could be healed and life was a misery for my family and I. Our youngest son was afraid to sleep when I was alone in bed because the seizures were so violent and fearful. then we looked to Jesus and stood on His word and claimed healing "By His Stripes we are healed"

True to His Word - I was healed by His Grace and now the whole family is at Peace- I am seizure free for almost 3 years now - all praise and Glory to God.

Therrefore I say Christ has redeemed me from not only Sin, but sickness too.

What would life be without jesus? Well I know what hell must be like - because the agony of seizures I have gone through is I am sure an experience like hell being unable even to call on the name of Jesus...

This is my experience and answer. Thank God for Jesus - He still does not condemn me when I disobey or do things I know are wrong..Who else can earn our love and devotion ? I am (my family too are) eternally

thankful that Jesus redeems.

Q1. (Ephesians 1:7) In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery?

I have been redeemed from the slavery of "sin." I believe the report of the Lord, for He has borne my griefs and carried my sorrows, He was wounded because of my sin and my transgressions; and that was not enough, He sealed me with the Holy Spirit guaranteeing my inheritance! (guarantee was also used to indicate an engagement ring); Isn't it like our Lord to seal our covenant with Him "The Bridegroom," by putting a ring on our finger, sealing us with the sweet Holy Spirit?

What do you think your life up to now would have been like if you hadn't been redeemed? What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?

I would never have know what true Joy, Peace, and Love is! I would never have been able to go to the Father with my petitions, and praise would not have been in my mouth. The Love shown on the Cross brought not only salvation to me, it brought power through the Holy Spirit to live a life pleasing to Him; and He put that Joy, Peace, and Love in my heart. His redeeming Grace, redeemed me from the hold satan had on me, the pleasure of pleasing SELF, THE FLESH, instead of pleasing God.

Without His redeeming Grace I would today be "NOTHING!" ---- AS I READ THE TESTIMONIES, I RECALL THE SCRIPTURES SAYING "YET IT PLEASED THE lORD TO BRUISE HIM; HE HAS PUT HIM TO GRIEF." THIS IS WHAT REDEEMPTION IS ABOUT, THE COST PAID ON THE CROSS WAS WORTH IT TO HIM; AS HE SEES OUR LIVES CHANGED, AND WE ARE RECONCILED TO THE FATHER BY THE BLOOD SHED FOR US., AND PRAISE IS IN OUR MOUTH!

If I'd not been redeemed, I doubt I would still be here serving God as I am. I was enslaved to pain and trapped by doctor's deciding what lay ahead of me. As a child, I'd experienced rejection and abuse from my family, as a young adult I endured an abusive (Christian) marriage, even my children chose to side with their father. When terminal illness struck me, I had more or less decided to end it all, that was God stepped in...to remind me of what I'd learnt so long ago at the knee of the only adult who'd cared for me, and that was when I first opened the Bible I'd long ago cast aside and learnt that what had been quoted to me during my troubles was incomplete or not there at all.

To cut it short, I was redeemed from a life where lies were told as truth, and I learnt to Trust in God my Father and His Son.

Q1a- I've been redeemed from slavery by the sacrifical death of Jesus Christ. Because slavery is bondage, before His death I would have been in bondage to my will, but now I that I 've have excepted him He changes my will for His will which makes me free in Him. He is the only way to liberty.

Q1b- If I had not been redeemed, I could only imagine a miserable life of despair, distress, hoplessness, no love feeling lost- these are all the things I sensed prior to excepting Christ in my life. My future would have been dark and miserable, but now there is joy, peace and righteousness.

I have been set free from the bondage of sin through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. If it were not for Jesus death and resurrection, I would have no hope. I was bought with a price. There would be no way to gain eternal life, and Jesus is the Way. It would be a life of doom, how hopeless. Our life would futile. How awful it would be to live in this world of trouble without hope. We can now say this is not our home, We are just traveling through to a better place. PRAISE GOD! I HAVE AN ETERNAL HOME NOW AND JESUS MADE IT POSSIBLE.

I have been reading Romans recently and parts of it address the idea of redemption as well. I have been redeemed from slavery to sin and "have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code." Rom 7:6. I have been freed from my old life.

My life would not have been as fulfilling and I would not have been content without redemption. I love my wife and children dearly, but I truly do not know how people can stay married for 20, 30, 50 years without GOD. There are times when love is not emotion but a choice. We made a commitment and by GOD's grace and with His help, we will keep it. Before Christ, I do not know if I would have made it. In fact, I recall in High School deciding I would probably be divorced once in my life.

Without redemption, where would the hope be? If there was any belief in GOD, what would it matter. Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die and it does not matter what happens in the meantime because there is no redemption. There are people that live like this now. Always a victim of the circumstances around them. Never happy or content. Trapped in the same cycles of bad choices and sin. They are slaves to the lies they believe.

I have been redeemed from slavery in the sense that I am no longer in bondage. Christ died on the cross so that I could be free and live an abundant life. Christ paid it all and all to Him I owe. If I had not been redeemed by the blood of Christ, I would be nothing. Because of the redemption of Christ I am free! I am free to worship and give God all the glory and honor that He is due.

I would not have a future without redemption. I would be hopeless still trying to find my way. If anybody ask who I am tell them I am redeemed. I was brought with a price and Jesus changed my whole life. Hallelujah.

I have been set free from things that have held me down/back from what God wants me to do. Even I sometimes still struggle with insecurities I Know and meditate on the sacrifice Jesus did for me. The redemption of His blood.

Growing up in religiosity, thinking I knew Christ BUT not having the relationship with Him, I would be like those in Ephesians 4:14, tossed around in the waves, no clear view of where I wanted to go.

Life without redemption: I would be lost eternally

Praise the Lord that I am found, and serving my Lord and Saviour

In order to be held in slavery we must have a master (Sin) in this case. To be redeemed for me means forgiven for past sins and transgressions. My life definitely would have taken a turn for the worse if it weren't for the redemption of sin and my faith in Christ. It has allowed me to try to let go of past sins (very hard) and to move forward. Although life keeps giving me challenges, I try to remember I can do ALL things through Christ

If the Savior had not redeemed me I would still be enslaved to sin never knowing the freedom Redemption brings. My future without redemption could only mean one thing - eternal separation from God in hell with no hope ever. Thank You Lord Jesus for this most precious of all gifts - Your Life that I may live eternally with You.

Through Christ's blood we have been redeemed from slavery - we have gained freedom and we have been granted forgiveness of sin.

Without this redemption I would not be a Christian and I would revert back to my old secular ways as a slave to sin.

Regards,

John.

I have been redeemed from slavery to sin & self. I can choose to do what is right.

If I hadn't been saved, there would have been no meaning to my life, I'd have no hope or reason to live. I made it through the trials in my life only because of God. There would be no future with Him. I'd hate to think where I would be right now if I hadn't been redeemed. Praise Jesus!!

I have been "redeemed "means that I was bought and paid for and set free by the precious blood of Jesus Christ I now have a new owener and that is the Lord Jesus Christ I was brought out from the bondage of sin by the cleansen blood of Jesus. I was once a person who lived a sinful life e.g In Fornication ,parties ,movies e.t.c

I am now living a life full of life and hope for the future, I know who holds my tommorow.

My life would be that of a salve just oppress and controlled by Satan I would of been bond up with much failures and regrets and dissapointments without much sucess and favour from God.I don`think my future would been bright like what I am Experiencing at present with in God I am having the PEACE Of GOD that passewd all undrstanding .Thanks for the redemption blood of Jesus Christ I am no more a friend of the world. I am now Heirs and Joint Heirs with the Lord Jesus Christ.

:) Ann.

I am no longer a slave to sin! No longer wish to please the world. I would still be mired in sin, doing things that are not pleasing to Christ. I would still be headed down that dark, dank road that leads to destruction, if not already destroyed. THANK GOD for His redeeming grace and total forgiveness. He turned me around, and I have no desire to sin like I use to. It use to be fun but now I feel bad and have to repent immediately.

I have been redeemed from slavery because i repented of my sin and was baptized.

This redemption occured when i made the decision to seriously seek the Lord and desired

a personal relationship with the Lord. Before I was redeemed, my life was full of empty rituals and those

rituals did not make sense to me. I struggled daily with emotional anxiety, financial problems and even

physical problems at one point in time.

Without redemption, the future would have been a struggle also. Without God, I looked for human beings to fill that emptiness. Now , my future is bright and it is filled with opportunitys to serve the Lord and teach others about him.

1.I believe I have been redeemed from the slavery of sin in that the things I used to do for satisfaction I no longer need to do. 2. As far as my life up to now without Christ I probably would be dead or be a very sickly person because of the abuse I was doing to my body.3. This is a very difficult question to answer for a redeemed soul for we are pressing forward and not looking back. I have been completely exonerated from my past and have nothing but glory in view.I meet a lot of not yet saved souls and their reasonings are so far and vast it is hard to tell where I would fit in. One thing for sure, they have no future to look forward to and if I was still there I would not either.

Bro. Ed

Before Christ, I was a slave to my own fleshly and selfish desires. I was living a sinful life with no care for how my behavior was effecting others: my husband, my children, my family. Knowing the Lord transformed my mind, the way I thought, the way I behaved. In my case, it was almost instantaneous. He brought me up out of the miry clay and began to mold me into what He wanted me to be. Not that I'm already there! He's still working on me.

I'm afraid to think of what my life would be like without His redemption. I'd likely be divorced. My children might not have turned out as they have. My family relationships might be damaged beyond repair. All at my own doing. I'm so grateful that He called me to live a different life.

Likewise, I don't even like to think of a future without Him. It amazes me that people can go through life without that solid rock foundation. Looking into a future of despair and hopelessness, for this life and the next, is scary. I would think the loneliness, the sense of being alone in the universe, would be too much to bear. Instead, I have a personal relationship with the Creator of this universe. How cool is that??

I am redeemed from the world, where sin reigns, and have been made a full member of God's household. I was a slave to sin, now I am a bondservant to God. I no longer am controlled by sin but by the Spirit of God.

If I had not been redeemed, I would probably be dead, for sure I would be lost without purpose. God in His infinite mercy has delivered me from death, literally and figuratively.

I would be miserable, thinking that I have it made, but asking the question, is this all there is to it.

In what sense have you been "redeemed" from slavery?

Before we are saved we live in bondage to this world. After we are saved he takes us out of bondage and makes us new creation. Before we could do nothing on our own, but now we have a new life to live for Jesus.

What do you think your life up to now would have been like if you hadn't been redeemed?

I would probaly be living in fear. Wouldn't know which way to go if i was not redeemed.

What would your future be like without redemption, do you think?

I wouldn't have a future. Without him i would not even want to know what the future would hold for me.

Answer to 1st question: I am redeemed from slavery to sin by accepting Him as my Saviour. As the right way, the real truth and the good life. Being followers of Him, makes us sin less or no more, according to God's rules and teachings because we try to obey and learn to love such things.

Answer to 2nd question: I would have no choice but to behave and conduct my affairs like an animal, as I have no guidelines on how to live a good life or how to live as a human being or man, made according to the image and likeness of God.

Answer to 3rd question: My future would be like its always survival of the fittest and strongest... before, now and tomorrow, as usual. It'll be like an animal world for me, using and following my animal instincts to survive here on earth. And we all know already that this entails might, strength, slyness, wickedness and anything under the sun just to be ahead and over others or our potential downfalls.