JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q10. Christian Inheritance

Q2. (Ephesians 1:18c) If you knew that in a few years you would inherit $10 million, would it affect your life now?

I would feel secure about my future and would be anticipating receiving my inheritance.

How should our expectation of an inheritance in God's presence temper our present-day concerns?

I would and do feel secure about my future, for God is living right now in me and I in Him.

Since this inheritance will be shared with "the saints" -- our Christian family -- how should that affect our fellowship with them?

We should be excited for each other, caring about each other as a family. Their cares should be our cares, for we know who holds tomorrow. Lets get together and give praise to God, lets get together and learn more of Him. We are so rich, and so loved, could there be anything better than this? Yet He is preparing a place for us, you get a mansion and I get a mansion. Is our God wonderful or what?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Ephesians 1:18c) If you knew that in a few years you would inherit $10 million, would it affect your life now? How should our expectation of an inheritance in God's presence temper our present-day concerns? Since this inheritance will be shared with "the saints" -- our Christian family -- how should that affect our fellowship with them?

As a person still having being in a fleshly body I am sure I would spend more time than I should thinking of what I would do with the money. But spiritually we should be like Christ always the same for what we have with Christ is far richer than any amount of money.

We will inheritance heaven with no death, no sorrow and all we know we be ours but our inheritance is now not just in the future. We have inherited peace of mind knowing all our needs will be supplied, we have inherited healing by his stripes. Everything Christ is and has is ours from the day of our salvation and by keeping our eyes on the problem solver and not the concerns we will not be effected spiritually. Our flesh man may sometimes get our eyes on the concerns and we have to guard against letting it take hold.

Fellowhip is important for to have true fellowhip you must have something in common, the same desires and sames goals. As christians we all have the same desires and goal, heaven, no matter what church we attend.

Yes,If I were to receive a great-inheritanceof 10 million dollars in a few years,I would be looking forward to that day with excitement.I am sure I would make plans and be ready for that day......

However I would not compare 10 million dollars to what Gods has in store for me.I know we are just trying to get across how to handle such wonderful blessings God has for us as believers.For myself I believe I should not concern myself with so many present-day concerns.As believers we should trust God to take care of us and direct us in his ways in our living,such as our jobs,monies,food,clothing,health,and not worry where these things come from.As believers we all will spend eternity with God,know matter what goes on in this world.Speaking for myself this is something I have to work on,really trusting God while I live here on this earth.Just yesterday,I was scared out of my witts just having to go to my dentist.After it was all over with I realized what a fool I was,and how foolish I was to let satan put such fear in me.It was a battle.I prayed but yet I still had to deal with that fear.

I have seen God at work,out of a persons obedience.God showered that person with blessings just because they took back 20 dollars that did not belong to them.God will take care of our needs.

Our fellowship with our brothers and sister as we live with each other,we should lift them up in our prayers.Pray for the whole body of Christ Jesus. knowing when prayer is needed.We worship our Heavenly Father together.We are all looking forward to the coming of Jesus Christ believing in unity together we all will share the same heaven.We all will be caught-up together to be with Jesus for- ever.The oneness of all believers.We all must have the same unity and agree(Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer.We are all one Christian family in Jesus name.

If I knew for sure I would inherit $10M then I would live my life expecting it. The problem becomes one of timing. We westerners, especially Americans, look for instant gratification. We have the promised inheritance of much more than money, yet we fail to see the big picture of what happens when Jesus comes back. As a result we miss the blessings that we could not have hoping for Jesus.

It is not I alone that will receive an inheritance, but all my christian brothers and sisters. Since we are going to spend eternity with them, we should be in flellowship with them now. Not only to remind ourselves of the inheritance that awaits us, but to support each other in our journey to get there.

If I knew I would be getting $10 million, I would make plans and budget on how I would spend the money. I probably would not start behaving like a millioneer but I would likely be thinking about such prospects most of the time.

Our expectations for a glorious inheritance in the presence of our lord should make us to be heavenly inclined in our thoughts of such a gloriuos day. I now believe that I should let this expectation to occupy my mind more than ever. This should make me to live a life that is pleasing to my Lord and God.

The idea of sharing the gloriuos inheritance with the saints in the future is a reminder to me that I should live a life of sharing my possesions now with other believers. We should also go back to the times of the Apostles where fellowship involved sharing property/ possession and also sharing of the Word. This (sharing)was a common phenomenum then.

It would cause me to spend time deciding what best I can do with that money that would make my family's life better. I would also be filled with excitement and anticipation. Today's concerns are just that - today's. With Jesus, we can turn our concerns over to him for his help. In the long run, we should treat others as family in Jesus and give the respect and love that would be due to a family member. In eterenity, we will be one family - one family with Jesus at the head in the presence of the glory of God the father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Too awesome to be imagined - overwhelming our hearts with joy.

If i knew that i was going to inherit 10 million dollars,i would plan what i can do with it.I would be blessed and happy,also trying not to be selfish.Our present day concerns should reflect on wanting to do good and lots of prayer for the things that are going on in the world.When we are in the presence of the Lord,we know that He is the one that gave us that salvation and is the giver of that inheritance that we are going to have when we are together in the heavens with the Lord.This inheritance that we are to recieve with our christian family,should help us grow in love towards them and motivate them if they are going to go down.It should affect us to want to do good and not evil.

I don't think at this point in my life that it would affect my life now. The Holy Spirit is our down payment of what we are going to have in greater fullness in the future. We were made heirs and joint heirs to Jesus Christ.

We should learn to consider others as we pray. ( Eph.1:16-19;Eph.3:14-19;Phil.1:9-11), the same as Paul did.

We should live in unity as Christ being our Father would want.

REMEMBER TO TITHE ON that $10 million!!!!!

We can rejoice exceedingly. Its a party in my heart. I was teaching 3 year olds yesterday. I said to them while they were eating their snack, "It makes my heart sing to see you eating so happily all together." One little boy said, "Your heart says, Happy, Happy Heart." That's right. Happy, happy heart to all of you. Cyndi

Q2. (Ephesians 1:18c) If you knew that in a few years you would inherit $10 million, would it affect your life now? How should our expectation of an inheritance in God's presence temper our present-day concerns? Since this inheritance will be shared with "the saints" -- our Christian family -- how should that affect our fellowship with them?

I think yes, it would in many ways, and no in others. Yes in the sense that my overall oulook on things would be slightly different, more hopeful perhaps. And no in that I might have an "out of sight, out of mind" kind of attitude about it, just knowing me!

This kind of promise is different though. I fully trust God to make good on all His promises, and as spectacular as the sights here on earth are to me, I can only imagine what Heaven will be like. I am less and less attached to this place as I grow closer to God. I just wanna be where He is.

I think our fellowship and tolerance of eachother is very important to Jesus, and so it should be to us. After all, we can pray for anything, surely we can pray for the ability to help and be around those we are not attracted to.

If a large inheritance was in my future, I do not think it would affect my life style before I got it, but I do think I would enjoy thinking of how to spend it or give it away to those in great need. For there are so many needs in this world, choosing a few might be quite a challenge. If I had any special needs at the time of receiving the fortune, they could be met, and some type of investment for future needs might be thought out for me and my family, and the opportunity to help others would be the greatest joy of having it to happen...and the Lord would certainly get His tithe foremost.

In regards to our future inheritance, and knowing we will share it with all our fellow Christians we know here... I think we should make a true effort to fulfill HIs first command to us....to Love him with all our hearts, minds, and strength, and then to love others as ourselves, and ourselves....for we want to be united in LOVE with God who is Love, and to practice now will help prepare us for eternity.

As a believer even if I know that in few years I would inherit $10 mililions, it will have very little effect on me . Although at fisrt time I can be happy , but this is just temporal and not permenent.

Q2. (Ephesians 1:18c) If you knew that in a few years you would inherit $10 million, would it affect your life now? How should our expectation of an inheritance in God's presence temper our present-day concerns? Since this inheritance will be shared with "the saints" -- our Christian family -- how should that affect our fellowship with them?

If I were to be receive a large inheritance in a few years, I would start to put into action my plans for that inheritance in advance of receiving it, provided the inheritance were certain. Our inheritance in heaven which is both abundant and certain is to be shared by all the saints. In the circumstances it follows that we should start to share our lives and our gifts more freely with the saints around us now because we can. That is we should be active in the work of our church and members of our church should be a central part of our lives as we give of ourselves to them. We must open our hearts to our brothers and sisters and share the fruits of the Holy Spirit with them. After all this is a foretaste of what is to come.

This is a hard question to answer. It's like asking 'if you knew you had only 24 hours left to live, how would you spend your last day on earth?'

I would like to think I would use the majority of the $10 million for the advancement of the gospel, but I would only be deceiving myself. I'm sure I would give some of it to the Lord's work, but I'm afraid I would end up squandering most of it.

Q2. (Ephesians 1:18c)

Q2.1 If you knew that in a few years you would inherit $10 million, would it affect your life now?

Q2.2 How should our expectation of an inheritance in God's presence temper our present-day concerns? Q2.3 Since this inheritance will be shared with "the saints" -- our Christian family -- how should that affect our fellowship with them?

A2.1 Yes, for sure. I will prepare myself for this $10 million inheritance, so I won't be too overwhelmed and I will be prepared on how to spend it, when the time comes.

A2.2 We should be confident that no matter what happens to our life, God is always there and have even prepared an inheritance for us to be shared with the rest of all His saints. We should not be concerned with the minute details of this material life, but rather on the minute details of spiritual life with Him. We put our trust in Him that everything will just work out fine, with Him in our journey.

A2.3 Since, they did what we are trying to do now, then it would do us good to also try to make them models of our life. Modeling our ways from one or more of their characters when trying to be saints, will hopefully make us saints ourselves and deserve that promised eternal blissful life with God

(Ephesians 1:18c) If you knew that in a few years you would inherit $10 million, would it affect your life now?

As for me i think i would want to live my life the way that would be worthy of such a large inheritance.

How should our expectation of an inheritance in God's presence temper our present-day concerns?

I would live my life worthy of him. I would do all i can to do what pleases him. I place my trust in the one that i know will take care of anything that concerns me.

Since this inheritance will be shared with "the saints" -- our Christian family -- how should that affect our fellowship with them?

It should draw us closer together. To know that someday we will be in heaven with him. We should live in a way that pleases him and work together to get the work on earth done.

I would spend less time struggling financially and would attempt to share my wealth with others less fortunate than me. I would compile a list of groups/organizations that might benefit. We should attempt to share out heavenly inheritance with non believers and invite them to become a child of God.

This inheritance should create a sense of unity or oneness with fellow beleivers.

Q2. (Ephesians 1:18c) If you knew that in a few years you would inherit $10 million, would it affect your life now?

Yes, it would. My living standard would reflect what I know I stand to inherit.

Knowing that our inheritance if eternal and not of this material world we should wear this world as a loose garment.

In this life we should live as one. When Jesus was leaving He told the disciples to love one another and prayed to the Father that we would all be one and that we fellowship together in unity. As brothers and sisters, we are all one in Christ, our oneness should be reflected in the way we treat each other.

No it would not affect my life now because tomorrow is not promised to anyone. Material things are just that material and can have the potential of not coming through but God's purpose and promises are guaranteed no matter what. Our faith and please God should be the most important priority and then everything else comes afterwards.

Our fellowship will be wonderful, will be close and unified.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in the presentand if the good Lord sees that it is will i will take that in mu stride then.His promise of eternal life and the eternal hope is something I look forwarad to each day. I find in great comfort in fellowshipping with all the saaints who look fofward to that everlasting hope. It is a grreat comfort to me that others aare looking for ABeulah land. Each day " Is this the day when He shall appear a nd I will be caught up with Him in the air.

Q2.a. If I knew I was going to receive $10 million in a few years I would probably begin telling some folks. I believe I would seek out hurting missions and try to help them find their problem and offer them hope for the future. One thing for sure I would probably become excited.

Q2.b. If we truly believe with our heart then we can know we have nothing to worry about. All our cares and concerns will soon be swallowed up in victory. We should live the remaining days of our lives realizing that nothing but nothing really matters but to help Jesus seek and save the lost.

Q2.c. Again, to truly have this matter settled in our hearts there will no opportunity for animosity. We begin to turn from a who's right and who's wrong attitude and begin to live our lives by what is truth and what is error. That is when we can become more sensitive to the Holy Spirit and know when we have erred. We ask for forgiveness, make amends and get on with our lives telling others about our Wonderful Jesus.

Our fellowship with other saints should be just as sweet with one as with the other.Many folks have different ideas about how they should worship but that should not be our concern. We still have One commonality and His name is above all names. Jesus Christ our Lord. An amazing mystical thing about Christianity is metting another Christian for the first time and being immediately in love.

• 2 weeks later...

[size=7 OH yes....my life would be affected tremendously! The first million would go back to Him...then bills would be paid off for us and our sons and their families. Then a lot of people I know would have an anonymous gift to help them through life. We would probably buy a house with the bedrooms on the main floor since we're getting on in years and it's getting harder to climb those stairs each night.

My inheritance in God's presence would be the same then as it is now. I'm trying to live and walk in a manner worthy to be called His child...and money wouldn't change that at all. I cannot fathom in any way the glory I'll have to be standing in His presence...nor the beauty of His heavenly home that He's prepared for me. That's not something money can buy...that hope, that expectation, that inheritance!

Sharing our inheritance with the saints is only a plus for me...I love sharing what I have. But I need to do more to inform the nonbelievers, the earth dwellers, of what they're going to miss if they don't shape up and learn to love the Lord...and what inheritance they will be receiving if they don't accept Jesus as the Christ!