JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q31. Far Reaches of Love

Our experience in life prevents us from grasping the fullness of Christ's love. Our daily toil gives us little room for reflection which is a very essential component of faith building. Listening to God's word and reflecting on it are necessary to build faith. But in our hurried world, we have little time for it except in sunday school. It is amazing if we could only grasp the fullness of God's love, and I think this will have a profound effect on the personal life of any believer. God is the end of all things, so if we meet God through the Power of His love, I think our world view will change and we will focus more on the essential things in life.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (3:18-19) What kinds of things prevent us from comprehending the far reaches of Christ's love? What happens in the way we live when we do Comprehend, know, and experience this love? What would be different about your life if you could grasp this?

(3:18-19) What kinds of things prevent us from comprehending the far reaches of Christ's love?

We can only see how others respond to our love. Out love is limited and I think it blocks us from comprehending how deep his love really is for us.

What happens in the way we live when we do comprehend, know, and experience this love?

Its overwhelming. It mind boggling. Its wonderful. It helps us to love others just because his love has no limits.

What would be different about your life if you could grasp this?

My love for him would become deeper and would give me a stronger desire to be in his presences all the time. :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...
Q2. (3:18-19) What kinds of things prevent us from comprehending the far reaches of Christ's love? What happens in the way we live when we do comprehend, know, and experience this love? What would be different about your life if you could grasp this?

I think that it could be pride and being self-centered. One cannot comprehend His lovewhen we are like this.

When I take my mind off of self and make it Christ centered than I can be a better person.

• 1 month later...

We're prevented from comprehending the far reaches of Christ's love when we don't put Christ first in everything - thoughts, actions, words. When we put Christ first, when we remember what he did for us out of love, we have no choice but to follow him. We become a new person who desires to please Him in all we do and say.

• 2 weeks later...
Q2. (3:18-19) What kinds of things prevent us from comprehending the far reaches of Christ's love? What happens in the way we live when we do comprehend, know, and experience this love? What would be different about your life if you could grasp this?

:rolleyes: Many times our inability to comprehend God's love to the extent the He would like for us to comprehend, is due in large to our sinful and selfish nature.

I beleve that when we really comprehend God's love, many of the ills and problems facing us today would be eliminated. The Bible declares that love covers a multitude of sins, we would stop judging people and would see them through the eyes of love, the way God sees us.

• 1 month later...

i think we like to keep god at a distance from us so that we can dabble with our own lives. we like him when it's convenient for us. (2)our world changes drastically. everything seems to fade away except the lord himself.(3)time. i would have so much more time for everyone else, all things would be placed in order and love would abound much.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We in our own carnal nature tends to keep us from fully understanding God's love. We get caught up in the everyday trivial matters and forgot what our life is truly meant for and that is to glorify God in our simple existence. When we totally forget what we are to do, time just mingles together and we find ourselves unsatisfied with what we are and what we have attained in life. When we stop and truly accept God's love than we are able to look around us and love all those that have caused us pain, or impatience and are able to see the world in a better light, resulting in a truly blessed existence.

• 1 month later...

Our limited mind and logic get in the way of understanding the seemingly illogical, Christ dying for those that hate Him. When we do understand and experience this love (Christ

• 1 year later...

it passes all knowledge and wisdom God gift to man is the measure of His love jN.3:16,THE DERATH OF CHRIST is the measure of His love rom.5:5-10,

and the condescension of the Holy Spirit to transform men and work in their lives is the measure of the love of the Spirit to men jn.16:7-15.

• 1 month later...

Our human-ness prevents us from comprehending the far reaches of Christ's love. When we do comprehend, know, and experience this love, we live in a way that is for others rather than ourselves, for what we can give not what we can get. If I could grasp this, my marriage would be healed; I would be able to see my husband as Christ does and love him in spite of himself.

• 2 weeks later...

Q2. (3:18-19) What kinds of things prevent us from comprehending the far reaches of Christ's love?

It was hard for me to grasp Christ's love in the beginning because of an abusive, emotionally abandoned childhood...parents failed to bond with us, which created extreme anxiety and insecurity. Death threats and sexual abuse left me without a concept of being loved....

What happens in the way we live when we do comprehend, know, and experience this love?

Over time as He healed my broken heart and life, I began to understand that He loves me unconditionally, and to even believe Zeph. 3:17, that He rejoices over me with joy and exults over me with singing! I began to love myself, and then to love and accept others. I live with confidence now assured that He is always looking after me, protecting me, guiding me, answering my prayers. I've experienced that He delights in surprising me with fun things, just to see me smile or laugh! His love means so much to me that I'm highly motivated to witness to others so they will know His love too.

My life IS different now. I used to come home from church and cry "because I don't fit in", or "Nobody talked to me"... Now I'm a greeter and delight in meeting new people and don't wait to be spoken to...I initiate and desire to express the Lord's love to others. My prayer life has changed, the way I think has changed, the way I live has changed. He's an amazing God and Father!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Q2. (3:18-19)

What kinds of things prevent us from comprehending the far reaches of Christ's love?

We understand that God is love, but this is not enough; we need divine power to understand the deeper dimensions of the love of Christ. To fully experience the Christian life we need to be filled with the love of Christ, a love that surpasses understanding and knowledge. To grow in Christ, we as Christians must consistently stay in fellowship with our Lord through confession of sin, and learning and applying Bible teaching. The growth of our Christian love is a sign that we have been learning and applying doctrine. "By their fruit you shall know them..." Occupation with the person of Christ is the ultimate result of love, and love is the means of reaching maturity and growing and knowing how to apply this love to our fellow human beings. I know I can never fully comprehend this love of Christ.

• 2 weeks later...

Q2. (3:18-19) What kinds of things prevent us from comprehending the far reaches of Christ's love?

I am a simple man limited by my human mind. It is beyond the scope of my knowledge to fathom the reaches of Christ's love.

Knowing Christ loves me makes my life easier.

This lesson makes my life different in the pattern of me trying to control the outcome. It is the daily renewing of the spirit, turning over my troubles, trusting, praying and doing my role in God's plan that makes life joyful.

• 6 months later...

When I'm honest with myself, I don't believe I fully comprehend Christ's love because I simply don't give the time to focus on him and contemplate his love. My mind swims with all I have to do and want to do, and it is hard for me to be still and know he is there enveloping me with love. If I grasped his love, I believe I would in turn be more loving, more at peace, more excited about the gift of life and the gift of Christ.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not putting Christ first and focusing on Him is the main thing. I think we will never fully understand the love of Christ while we are here on earth but there are times when Christ gives us a little gift of it and boy when He does it gives me a recharger and refocuses things to help me realize that He is the King and to do my best to honor and glorify Him after all He has done for me!

• 1 month later...

This is difficult for me to answer, bit I would have to say:, is always prayer is important...... Bruno.J.

• 2 months later...

The kind of things that prevent us from comprehending the far reaches of Christ's love is our selfishness, carnal minded, gossiping, anything that is not of Christ is what we comprehen. We will be living in turmoil and would not be able to live peacefully, happy and withstand the wiles.

If we did comprehend the far reaches of Christ's love, our lives would be so much better. Even in the times of trouble we will be able to deal with it through the word. We will be know that we cannot handle the storms in our lives but through Christ who strengthen us we can do all things. Live would be great!

• 7 months later...

The kind of things that prevent us from comprehending the far reaches of Christ's love are our inability to walk in God-kind of love, our inability to dwell in his Word, and allowing our flesh to detect to us.

When we do comprehend, know, and experience the love of Christ our whole perspective about life changes and we see things in a new way.

My life would be different, if I could grasp the love of Christ. My approach to life will be meaningful, fulfilled, and more productive.

The kind of things that prevent us from comprehending the far reaches of Christ's love are our inability to walk in God-kind of love, our inability to dwell in his Word, and allowing our flesh to detect to us.

When we do comprehend, know, and experience the love of Christ our whole perspective about life changes and we see things in a new way.

My life would be different, if I could grasp the love of Christ. My approach to life will be meaningful, fulfilled, and more productive.

• 11 months later...

Amen, June. Wouldn't it be great if we could see the whole picture?

I think, too, the more we love each other - the more we realize Christ's love for each one of us.

There is a reason you are my sister - if we both have the same Father. No competition is needed

in order to receive the Father's love.

but this happens a lot in the body of Christ.

• 1 month later...

I think that the kind of things that prevent us from comprehending the far riches of Christ’s love is that are human and we don’t understand how much He loves us. Our mind is set on the material thing not the spiritual things.

I think that they way that we would live our lives if we did comprehend, know and experience this love that we would be a more acceptable person. We wouldn’t see the differences in other people and mentally reject them because of this difference.

• 1 year later...

The things that can prevent us from comprehending the far reaches of Christ love is keeping certain carnal practices or habits in our life after accepting Christ as our savior. Hatred, selfishness, envy or just totally not surrendering all of our selves to Christ is just a few of the things that hinder us from Christ love. For some it will be a long road in our life and a lot of work for the Holy Spirit before we totally sanctified.

When we do experience the fullness of Christ love we are on our way to being Christ like, as He is in heaven so are we on earth. Gods ultimate goal for us is to share our love and the word of God with others. Comprehending His love for us, we should love those that hate us, for understanding their hardness of heart is what Christ had done for us before we knew Him.

The difference in our lives when we grasp the love that Christ has for us, no doubt would cause us to want to share His love with others regardless of the cost.