JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The meaning to me to be “in Christ” means I have the Holy Spirit in me. I know that I have got the hope to live in this world because I know that this is not the end of all things. I can look forward to a life with Christ. The implications of this for my life is that I know that God loves me and forgives me.

• 2 months later...
Guest frankd123

Q1. (Ephesians 1:3) What does it mean to you to be "in Christ" -- incorporated into Christ? What are the implications of this for your life?

To me it means that I and Jesus have become one and what he has we share and I should learn to see life as the way he sees it and to live a life worthy of the what I think is the highest honor that a man can have while here on earth

• 1 month later...

Q1. (Ephesians 1:3) What does it mean to you to be "in Christ" -- incorporated into Christ? What are the implications of this for your life?

1.a. It means that the moment I accepted Christ in my life He adopted me, forgave me, chose me, made me righteous, holy, accepted, I am part of Him, I have His DNA, I am in Him - In Christ.

b. The implications of this for my life is that He has given me of His Spirit, He has blessed me with all Spiritual Blessings in heavenly places in Christ, He has made me alive in Him, I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me, I experience His love, joy, peace, His presence, all wisdom, knowledge and understanding, counsel, healing power, deliverance and abundant life. He is the great I Am - everything I will ever need in life.

• 1 month later...

It is my understanding, 'in Christ' means, we are baptized in Christ, immersed in Christ, one with Christ. We are a new and redeemed humanity. We are in a right relationship with God, the Father.

The implications are numerous, however, to mention a few: we have entered into the heavenlies, reigning supremenly with Christ; having access to all spiritual blessings; living according to a new lifestyle of obedience and holiness.

• 1 year later...

1.WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE IN

IN CHRIST?

> To be born again

> To accept salvation which is in

Christ.

> To be dedicated for Christ

2.TO BE INCORPORATED INTO

CHRIST.

> To be joined into christ

> To share in the previleges of

Christ.

3. IMPLICATIONS OF THIS TO ME

> Being a heir together with Christ.

> Receiving Spiritual blessings.

• 1 month later...

To be in Christ that He first loved us and that we may live in this love through Him. Incorporated with Him we share His love and blessing He has given us. He shed His blood for sin's and was raised from the dead. This He did for us so that we may have a victorious life. Implications in my life is that I may learn to live a fruitful life through His love and blessings and share that with others.    

To be in Christ, that we live live through Him. Incorporated into Christ is that, He saved us first and we shave in this love . My implication of this love is that I learn to live a fruitful life bringing honor and glory to His name. 

• 2 months later...

To be in Christ is to have recieved Jesus as your Lord and Personal Saviour....It is not I but Christ living in Me.(Gal 2:20-I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.)

The implication is that when someone is in Christ The Holy Spirit is already living in the inside of them,that they are already accepted in the beloved..That they are already saved.

• 3 months later...

Being in Christ is having Him in me. My every thought and is automaticly guided by His word. In short, I have the Holy Spirit in me. It like His guidence is already within without me asking. I do continue to speak with Him continuously, hoeber, it is a conversation and thanking Him for His Word. Being in Christ is an all day walk with Him. The outcome is a relationship thar guides me throught my life.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

For me, the concept of being "in Christ" is a very cherished idea in my heart. My life has been transformed by Christ. I have a very deep faith that allows me to look outside of myself and see a much bigger picture. I am able to walk a path that challenges me daily. I have a new purpose to my life. I hve faith that I will never really fail any more. I no longer see things as I once did. I no longer ask for things I want but only for what I really need. I see how God blesses my life every day. I no longer take those things for granted any more.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I understand my relationship with Jesus being in Christ means to be not only an intimate part of him but an intimate part of his life as well. But it goes even beyond that because it also means to me that Jesus is an intimate part of my life as well. Where I am weak I can draw strength from Jesus. Where I am incomplete I can draw wholeness from him. 

• 1 month later...

The first thought that came to mind was "the body of Christ" and the different roles I/we play and the role He plays. John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." Because of Him our life becomes righteous,  Romans 8:10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. We are married to Him and because of this we should bear fruit to God, Romans 7:4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God, and finally we have the full strength and support of the body of Christ, those brothers and sisters that share in our lives, Romans 12:5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.

• 2 weeks later...

To be "in Christ" means to be in unison with Him. It means we are joined together with Him. He lives in us, and we live in Him. The implications of that life means that we've been changed by what He's done. Like Comfort077 quoted, "He is the vine and we are the branches..."

• 4 months later...

What does it mean to me to be in Christ?

It means I am His child. I belong to Him. I can now converse with my Father in Heaven freely because of Christ. I am adopted and loved. I am accepted and I never have to worry about being rejected by Him. I am truly loved.

To be incorporated to me means being one body with Christ. To be one with Him. In Mark 10: - It says, "and the two will become one flesh, so they are no longer two but one flesh." Jesus is my husband and I became one with Him and He is one with me. He is always with me.

The implications for my life are my life is changed forever. I am no longer the person I was, I now have a purpose, I have someone who always loves me, accepts me, sees me for who I am and how He has created me to be/ Jesus changed my life and it's only going to get better as I commit and surrender my all to Him.

• 4 months later...

Being in Christ means that it is no longer I who lives but the Holy Spirit who now dwells in me. I should no longer live or be ruled by my emotions or selfish desires but allow the Spirit of God to lead me daily meaning I have to be alert and aware of the presence of God. Being in Christ is like mixing my coffee with cream after the two has been combined they can not be separated, the coffee and cream becomes one.

• 1 year later...

What does it mean to be in Christ to me?...To be a new person forgiven, free, forever loved and someday welcomed in to heaven with him.

What are the implications of this for your life?..Knowing I have a personal relationship with him, that I can talk to him and know he hears and understands, to know he will teach me. 

• 8 months later...

To being "in Christ" means to participate in everything that has happened to Jesus Christ and also to share everything that is His!!!! In a similar way but much greater way than should happen in an earthly marriage. Hence I share in His death, Romans 6 in His resurrection and His being seated in Heavenly realms. I also am able to share in all of His Riches and access to the Father and the Spirit. 

It means that I can pray in great confidence for all my needs and know my destiny is secure.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Being in Christ means that I am God’s possession. I am His and therefore I belong to Him and in Him I have all the previlages of being His child. And because of this I enjoy all spiritual and heavenly blessings that He gives me. I enjoy His provision and protection   Now because I am His possession I am also called to live a life that is worthy of my calling. 

• 1 year later...