JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

I think we need to be reminded because sometimes it is easier to follow the ways of the world. Also, people get tiredof trying to do good when it SEEMS that the wicked prosper must faster.

Verse 6, because it is a reminder that the Lord watches over His own and that although the wicked seem to prosper their ways lead to distruction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The Psalmist wants us to be reminded of what we already know- that the rigteous prospers but the wicked perishes. He knew then that people know what they ought to do but dont always do them. A reminder that they will prosper if they do righteous thigns will motivate them to do them.

• 2 weeks later...

Q1. This short psalm seems to reaffirm what we already know: the righteous will succeed and the wicked will perish. Why do we need to be reminded of this? From an emotional standpoint, what lines in this psalm stand out to you. Why do you think you like them?

The righteous will succeed and the wicked will perish, I needed to be reminded of this for this present time while my family and I are going through. It is important to know that we know that we know that the LORD is on our side. Isaiah 49:24(CEV) asked this question, Is it possible to rescue victims from someone strong and cruel? Isaiah 49:25-26 answers, But the LORD has promised to fight on our side and to rescue our children from those strong and violent enemies. He will make those cruel people dine on their own flesh and get drunk from drinking their own blood. Then everyone will know that the LORD is our Savior; the powerful God of Israel has rescued his people. Praise the LORD! These words are sustaining us and have been these 5 years. Ps 1:1-3 speaks of the blessings of those who obey God and follow after His laws and precepts. The promise is that God protects and watches over those who belong to Him. What a blessed assurance, God is with us and He is own our side!!! Hallelujah!!!!

• 1 month later...

We need to be reminded that the righteous succeed and the wicked fail to renew our hope in God's sovereignty and His justice. Sometimes it seems those who do evil are rewarded. We should remember to be steadfast to the law of the Lord - follow his Word, because He promises ultimate success for us. We are to concentrate on our own actions and be confident that God will judge those who do wrong.

I like, "his delight is in the law of the Lord" because it reminds me to spend time in His Word every day. There, I can find the comfort, instruction, hope, etc. I need to go through any trial.

• 4 weeks later...
Q1. (Psalm 1). This short psalm seems to reaffirm what we already know: the righteous will succeed and the wicked will perish. Why do we need to be reminded of this? From an emotional standpoint, what lines in this psalm stand out to you. Why do you think you like them?

Why do we need to be reminded of this? Because daily we are constantly being bombarded through the media that true and lasting joy and happiness can be found in indulging in the worldly and carnal pleasures of life. Christians need to be reminded that for the righteous, success is measured not in the accumulation of wealth, but in experiencing God's blessings on our words and deeds. Proverbs 3:1-4 admonishes us to not forget God's teachings, but to keep His commands in our hearts, for they will prolong our lives many years and bring prosperity. Let love and faithfulness never leave us, to bind them around our necks, to write them down on the tablets of our hearts, that then we will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and Man.

From an emotional standpoint, what lines in this psalm stand out to you?

Blessed is the man who delights in the law of the Lord and meditates on it both day and night. He is like a tree planted by the streams of water, which yields fruit in its season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prosper For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous.

Why do you think you like them?

Because they tell me that my destiny is not determined by the way I live, but by my faith and being born again in Jesus Christ. That as my relationship with God grows and the more I study of His word, it creates in me a desire to know more. That to be truly blessed is more than a feeling, it is a truly like a tree planted by the water, bearing fruit in its season, whose leaves to not wither, because we have a right relationship with God.

Q1. (Psalm 1). This short psalm seems to reaffirm what we already know: the righteous will succeed and the wicked will perish. Why do we need to be reminded of this? From an emotional standpoint, what lines in this psalm stand out to you. Why do you think you like them?

- We need to be reminded of this fact as we may find the contrary as we go on through life, however the bible does make it clear that justice will be restored.

- From an emotional standpoint the lines "Their delight is in the Adonai's Torah; on his Torah they meditate day and night." plays a very important role in our lives during these end times. As the uncertainity increased we have certainity in the absolute Word. It is also lovely to note that the psalmist delights in the Word and that is the attitude that i long to have everytime i read the Word.

Thanks be to G-d.

In this world where sin runs rapid, I need to be reminded that the wicked may seem to succeed in this world but they will not succeed when judgement day arrives.

The tree stands out for me because I know with God as my focal point what I do will prosper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Q1. (Psalm 1). This short psalm seems to reaffirm what we already know: the righteous will succeed and the wicked will perish. Why do we need to be reminded of this?

We need to be reminded of this because if we are not righteous we will spend eternity with the wicked and away from God.

From an emotional standpoint, what lines in this psalm stand out to you. Why do you think you like them?

The line that stands out to me is verse 6a:

• 2 weeks later...

IT'S GOOD TO KNOW THAT THE RIGHTEOUS WILL SUCCEED AS WE KEEP GOD'S COMMANDS AND WALK IN HIS WAYS AS OPPOSED TO WALKING IN THE COUNSEL OF THE WICKED AND STANDING IN THE WAY OF SINNERS.SOMETIMES IN LIFE, THE BATTLES CAN BE LONG AND WEARY AND DISCOURAGING ,AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE WICKED ARE THRIVING AND HAVE THE UPPER HAND, SO I'M ENCOURAGED VERY MUCH BY THIS PSALM.THIS PSALMS REMINDS ME TO KEEP ON KEEPING ON IN SPITE OF THE OPPOSITION OF THE WICKED WHO DESPISE GOD'S LAWS.

I PERSONALLY LOVE VERSE #3 WHICH STATES THAT HE WILL BE LIKE A TREE FIRMLY PLANTED BY STREAMS OF WATER AND WHATEVER HE DOES, HE PROSPERS. I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED THE WATER . I GREW UP IN A TROPICAL NATION WHERE IT WAS HOT ALL YEAR ROUND, SO WATER IS VERY REFRESHING, ESPECIALLY BEING FROM THE TROPICS. THE WATER REPRESENTS THE WORD OF GOD, WHICH IS EVEN MORE REFRESHING THAN PHYSICAL WATER. I LOVE THE IMAGERY OF THE WATER AND THE WORD...GLORY.

• 4 weeks later...

Both in new and familiar surroundings I am in the presence of God. I affirm that God's spirit is within me and surrounding me. I am safe and secure from all evil around. With a spiritual vision I see the abundance of God, I look past illness and see wholeness. With my vision on God I see only the best and highest within all people. The greatness of God is everywhere, the more I seek the more I find. My life is a journey of discovering the blessings that God has for me. I appreciate the wonder of each experience in my life. My words support my actions and my actions demonstrate my faith. Guided by God, I pray and make good choices regarding my life. Everyday is a new experience with God. Pray that all is well, pray for your brother and sister and pray for the world. We can make a differnce, meditate on God and his goodness when we speak, play and when we pray. That is the true fruit-peace , joy, love, health, prosperity and service to others.

Rather the law of the Lord is their joy! What is the law-peace of self, prosperity-through His presence we are blessed with abubdance, guidance-as Christ is my teacher I am filled with His spirit guiding me in wisdom, health and happiness. We are the peacemakers and make concsious chioces about the way we live. Let us love one another unconditionaly as God loves us.

The wicked will take care of themselves. As God is within us and we listen to His guidance there is no fear. Do you see-with God in our hearts, there is only love, peace and joy. Our fruit will prosper. I affirm whatever I need or desire God has already has it in His plans for me. The Truth will set us free.

[ quote] Because of the sinful flesh man needs to constantly reminded of God word, so that man does not forget what Christ did for them at the cross. Jesus is the truth way and the life. Man needs to be righteous if he desires to be one with the Lord.

"Blessed is the man

who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked is the scripture that stands out me because all Christian need to know that everyone does not love Christ like we do and we do not need to be yoke with anyone that is not of the same spirit. Christian need to spend there time with their mind focused on Jesus.

• 1 month later...

We need to be reminded of the choice we have to make every day, a thousand times a day. The emphasis I think is on the word choice. In a sense we are always at a crossroads. Those who meditate, and delight, in the law of the Lord, night and day, are assured to choose the righteous road. But we have to consider God's Word always, to seek it and keep it in our minds.

From an emotional standpoint, the vegetative imagery reached out and took hold of me, as it humbles us by reminding us of our brief life cycles as inhabitants of God's garden (consider Luke 8:5-15 the parable of the sower)with God as the constant gardener. I like the imagery because a little humility is good for the soul, and helps me choose the righteous road, as the Psalm was intended to help listeners do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

WE NEED TO BE REMINDED OF THIS BECAUSE WE HAVE A CHOICE TO DO RIGHT OR TO DO WRONG. BUT WE WILL ONLY BE BLESSED FOR THE RIGHT THINGS THAT WE DO TO PLEASE THE LORD. THAT IS WHEN OUR BLESSING WILL COME. DOING WRONG LEADS TO DEATH,THE BIBLE SAYS SO. SOME OF THE LINES THAT STANDS OUT TO ME IS ... AND WHATEVER HE DOES SHALL PROSPER. FOR THE LORD KNOWS THE WAY OF THE RIGHTEOUS. WE ARE BROUGHT UP TO DO THE RIGHT THING. GOD KNOWS OUR HEART. I THINK I LIKE THEM BECAUSE THE BIBLE TEACHES THE RIGHT WAY TO DO . AND IF I WANT TO PROSPER, AND I DO I WILL MAKE SURE THAT I DO JUST THAT. I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO hell. I LOVE GOD AND HE LOVES ME. SO I WILL TRY MY BEST TO PLEASE HIM IN MY WAYS SO HE WILL LEAD ME TO PROSPERITY IN ALL THAT I REACH FOR.

• 1 month later...

We need to be reminded because we live in a world where it seems the wicked are the ones succeeding. The wordly ways begin to cloud our thinking. We have to stay focused on God so we can be like a tree planted by the rivers of water. (We need to be firm). That brings fruit in its season (valuable and productive).

This Psalm is a clear distinction of the righteous and the wicked. The lines that stand out to me are verse 3, I think about a palm tree or an evergreen tree, thats green all year round, and its planted by the water, just soaking it all up. thats the way we should go about absorbing Gods word so we can stand firm and be valuable and productive.

• 3 weeks later...

For in today's society what is good is wrong and what is wrong is good. I for one need to be reminded that the ones who do what is right will succeed, and for those who do what is wrong will not succeed. Even though for the moment they seem to be succeeding, but when the time comes they will perish.

Line #3 stand out to me: They are strong, like a tree planted by a river. The tree produces fruit in season, and its leaves dont't die. Everything they do will succeed.

It tells me that I am strong and planted firmly as I read His word every day and night. It also tells me that in everything I do, according to His word, I will succeed.

• 3 months later...

We need to be reminded that the righteous will succeed and the wicked will perish because if we just focus on our immediate circumstances it may seem otherwise, and we would lose heart. Yet God assures us that in the end justice will be done. The problem of evil plagues men and we need to realize that God is aware of it and that one day the believer will prosper as the wheat, not the chaff and grow and flourish. My favorite lines are "His delight is in the law of the Lord and in His law he meditates day and night. For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungoldly shall perish.

What has impressed me is that the more that I meditate on God's Word the happier and smoother my life is. I also need to be reminded that God sees the just and the unjust. We cannot sin in secret, and knowing that God is aware of what is going on and will deal with it helps so much. His word is what washes us.

Heather