JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Christ Died for the Ungodly

We are all sinners, yet that those whom answered God's call are now saved sinners through the grace of Jesus' death and resurrection. So we can embrace and trust in the knowledge that once God has us in those gracious, merciful hands no one can pluck us.

We can never be so bad or too good that we do not need God, or that God cannot or will not call for us. The decision to call us is Gods, but the choice to answer the call is ours while we are yet sinners. BUT ONLY AFTER/WHEN WE ANSWER GOD'S CALL TO COME is sin no longer separating us from God.

I love the reminder I am not perfect, and God is doing this so it is not up to me too be good enough or sin free enough!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Romans 5:6, 8) Why is it so important to embrace the truth that "Christ died for the ungodly" (5:6), that "Christ died for sinners" (5:8)? According to 5:8, did Christ die for us at our best or at our worst? How does this give us assurance against the devil's lies about us being too bad to forgive?

It is important for us, as sinners, to have the knowledge that "Christ died for the ungodly" to hang on to and to fuel our belief in the salvation granted by the grace of God. According to Romans 5:8, "God commandeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.", we certainly were not at our best. The lesson text says "Jesus died for our sins when we were at our worst.", and that for the most part, we are now better behaved. Since scripture is God-breathed, infallible truth, we know that the sacrifice of Christ took our place on the cross, and the deserved sentence of eternal death and torture of sinners. We are now, gifted with justification by the grace of God, based only upon our having faith in God, and our assurance of this comes from the fact that if God could forgive those that tortured and killed his only son, he certainly could forgive us our sins.

Q3. (Romans 5:6, 8) Why is it so important to embrace the truth that "Christ died for the ungodly" (5:6), that "Christ died for sinners" (5:8)? According to 5:8, did Christ die for us at our best or at our worst? How does this give us assurance against the devil's lies about us being too bad to forgive?

Because Jesus died for everyone and there is nothing we can do other than coming to Him by faith to be saved.

It doesn't matter how ugly we are in our sins, He can make anyone whole.

Satan will try to heave guilt on us to create doubt and destroy our faith.

We have to embrace this truth in order for God to take us through the cleansing process by faith. The Holy Spirit convicts us

of our actions and the Word of God helps us to renew our minds.

We are sinner's. It doesn't manner how bad or good you are, without Christ we are dead. When Christ died for the ungodly, He made a way to where we could be forgiven of our sins and have eternal life. It does not manner how bad you think you have been or what you have done, our sins are forgiven. We do not have to believe the lies of the devil. We have eternal life because of the love of Jesus Christ. He died for both, our best and our worst. By faith you are saved . You have to believe and come by the shed blood of Jesus Christ to receive eternal life. It gives us assurance because of Gods boundless love, mercy, and grace that our sins are forgiven, love that endures forever.

Q3. (Romans 5:6, 8) Why is it so important to embrace the truth that "Christ died for the ungodly" (5:6),

Christ died for us because we could not get it on our own, we were ungodly, and we had become enemies of God instead of his obedient children. We wallowed in sin, we weren't very good children, we were filty disobedient children.

that "Christ died for sinners" (5:8)?

He Christ died for the sinner because what would the righteous need, would not the righteous believe his way is right? And that he needed no assistance because he was on the right path, but the sinner knew that he was not worthy of God's love and Jesus' death shows the sinner that God loves you despite your sins. That God loves you so much that he gave his son who died for those sin and he forgives us even when we find it hard to forgive ourselves. His loving mercy is always open to us.

According to 5:8, did Christ die for us at our best or at our worst?

Christ died for us at our worst.

How does this give us assurance against the devil's lies about us being too bad to forgive?

We can't be too bad that God's loving mercy won't forgive us for, remember that Christ gave his life for the sinner and God is no liar. But satan is the ultimate liar and he has no merit to any claims between God and his promises to his children, The death of Christ paid the ultimate price for our sins.

I think it is very vital that we as members of the body of Christ not only understand this truth but embrace it too the very core of its meaning.I'm reminded in the Word of God that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.If I neglect this truth about myself,then how could I see the forgiveness in others,what I'm saying is simply this;the hope of peace must stem from within to calm the total without.There must be enough of Christ within me to not allow any of satan thoughts find a resting place within my ability to reason,because if it had not been for the Lord on my side,where would I be.I know that Christ die for me at my worst,it was not according to any good works or deeds I,ve done,it was his mercy and grace that allowed me to see yet this day.I refuse to even have the mentality Jonah once had,no person worst then me have a right to be saved.In John 8:44 that satan was a murderer from the beginning,and stand not in the truth,and that when he speaks it,s always a lie,therefore I,m more than assured,because again when I look back over my life I see the revelation of God,s Word,"you shall live and not die"and "my grace is sufficient enough."I seen God do so much with so little(me)and that alone is where my faith and belief lies,may our Lord and redeemer continue to bestowe his mercy and grace upon us as we travel the path for deeper truth into doing his will,and let understanding be your motivation as well,PEACE" :)

It is so important that we except and live day to day that Christ died for the ungodly, because if we don't except the truth then we are unbeleivers and our faith in not based on God righteousness and we are leaning unto our own understanding .

Because God has gone to great expenses to reconcile us to Him. For when we were and still is unable to save ourselves Jesus Christ died for us the ungodly We all sin and come short of His glory we are weak in ourselves but through His power over sin He makes us strong through His strength and power.

Romans 5:8 - Through God belove Son Jesus Christ, God has commendeth His love toward us while we were yet sinners. By sending Jesus Christ to die for us so that those that want life can receive it eternal.

Because of God unconditional love for us He lets us know that if we ask in the name of Jesus ,He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. This is a promise from God (1 John 1:9). So we can have assurance agaist the devil's lies.

. (Romans 5:6, 8) Why is it so important to embrace the truth that "Christ died for the ungodly" (5:6), that "Christ died for sinners" (5:8)?

First you have to ask this question, Why did Christ come to save the sinner and why are we all sinners? In order to embrace that Jesus died for all sinners, we have to know why He did this.

Adam and Eve

I think it is important to know that Christ died for the ungodly because, like many said, it makes my life about serving God not about proving I'm better than others. As a christian and confident in God's grace, it would be very easy to let my Human nature and the enemy pull me away from God by turning me into a modern version of a Pharisee. This verse reminds me that I am no better without God now than I was the moment before I asked Jesus to be my savior.

I know Christ died for me at my worst, but I also like to think that Christ died for me at my best- because without Christ and God's work in my life-my best would be no different than my worst.

I work as a Nurse manager in Assisted Livings and it is so tragic to see families torn apart because they are watching a loved one pass and don't believe the past is forgiveable. Please pray for the thousands of families who are at that crossroads and that they may hear the word and experience God's grace.

if we are godly then Jesus would have went through what he did for us , Oh yes I believe Jesus took us at our worse as he loves us demostrated by Jesus sacrifice

For God wishes that non should perish, Gold is love Corithians 13, always hope always love long suffering in hope that non will give into the devils lies. But through his soveighnty he knows who will choose there for the devil has no foothold.

We are never too bad like the thief on the cross you can be saved but must accept the work of the cross and the fact that we have sinned and are in need of repentance.

Embracing the truth about God love no matter what we say or do is uncontionally. God send the most precious Gold he had his Son Jesus to died for our sins. Christ died for us while we were all sinners, because of his love for us this in itself is prove of that we are forgiven and no matter what the devil try to do it a lie

by embracing the truth we can see through satans lies and we fully aware of Gods love through christ sacrifice

:) Paul say that we are ungodly, we are enemies of God.the truth Christ died for us, Christ died not for those who are good, not for those who need little help. but for those people who are wretchedly lost. He died for people who are completely ungodly.

:) Christ died for our worst (our sin)

:) The death of Christ at the cross is the assurance that our sinned are forgiven.

It is important to embrace the truth that "Christ died for the ungodly,or we would be powerless,weak and helpless.Christ died for us because we are sinners.Christ died for us when we were at our worst.

Through Christ Jesus death,God shows us how much he loves us.We belong to God now,like children(sons and daughters), we have to be trained.We must stay in the word of God(reading our bible),pray always,and ask forgivness when we mess up.We have Holy Spirit in us, to help us,comfort us and guide us in this world. God does not push us away ,He embraces us,loves us more than you could imagine.

\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Q3. (Romans 5:6, 8) Why is it so important to embrace the truth that "Christ died for the ungodly" (5:6), that "Christ died for sinners" (5:8)? According to 5:8, did Christ die for us at our best or at our worst? How does this give us assurance against the devil's lies about us being too bad to forgive?

It is important to believe in our hearts that " Christ died for us while we were still sinners "

because we will not believe that we had any part in salvation other than accepting it as a

free gift. It shows that the love salvation is given to us with is self-less love. cared more

for the sinfull people of the world than his own life. and we cannot blow it or do anything to

loose it because he died for us while we were still sinfull and bad. We may need dicipline or

training but cannot loose salvation.

According to 5:8 God died for us at our worst.

This assures us the devils lies are untrue because we cannot be worse than we were when he

died for us. Sin is sins and he died for us while we were still sinners. We are safe and he is not

an indian giver he is a loveing self-less giver of salvation :)

No matter how "good" we are we can never ever be good enough for God. So to say that Christ died for those who were righteous, isn't a possibility. We can never be righteous enough. When Christ walked the earth he sought out the sinners, hung out with those that society found detestable. He died FOR THEM. And when we think that we are better than anyone, we are not acting Christ-like at all.

[it is important that we understand and remember that Christ died for the ungodly "while we were yet sinners" because our salvation is due solely to what Christ died for us and nothing to do with how "good" we are. This proves that the enemy is wrong when he places doubts before us that we can never be good enough for God.

We are all sinners and were all ungodly. It is only by faith in His death that any are made godly. So Christ died for sinners and the ungodly.

We read in 5:8 that Christ died for us when we were at our worst.

Knowing that when we were at our worst Christ died for us and that we are now part of His family

Paul states in Romans 3:23, " For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God," thus we are in a sort of Everyman position as far as sin goes. Christ died for us at our worst, and for us that we might be washed clean of our sins through repentence, and acceptance of Christ's love and salvation.

Satan plagues us all with fear about being too sinful to forgive. When I am visited by this devilish thought, I always pray aloud to Christ to remove my fear, and He does, even if I have to pray a dozen or more times a day. My Saviour is patient with me and never leaves me in fear (Thank You, Jesus for Your love). I also think of Mark 2, when Jesus is eating supper with the publicans and sinners, and when questioned about the company He keeps, He says, verse 17, "They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick; I came not to call the righteous but sinners to repentence."

I also turn for comfort to Ezekial 18:16, "For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, sayeth the Lord God;wherefore turn yourselves and live ye."

I have found that sin is not, although we are all capable of sin throughout our lives, an enormous never ending nightmare. The more I pray, and meditate, and seek to walk in Spirit through this life, the less I am afraid that sin will constantly overtake me, as if I were every day born yesterday and perseverance and experience availed me nothing. But I do have the weapons of Jesus to combat sin. I cannot grow complacent as pride is one of the sins that has beset me, and it does, indeed, goeth before a fall. But blessed with knowledge of God and the Love of Christ, it does become easier to recognize and have the strength to turn away from sin. Thank you Jesus.

BECAUSE WE ARE SINNERS ....AND WE DON'T THINK GOD FORGIVES US.CHRIST DIED FOR US AT OUR WORST...WE HAVETO BELIEVE IN JESUS AND KNOW NO MATTER WHAT HE WILL NEVER LET US DOWN OR ABANDON US!!!

We have to embrace the truth that Christ died for the ungodly because we once were ungodly and sinners. We were in bondage to sin. Jesus died for us when we were at our worse. He loved us just the way we were but to much to leave us at our worst. Realizing this causes us to have compassion for others and not be judgemental. Satan is the father of lying and only give us half truth, if any at all. He wants us to feel that we have sinned so bad that we can't be forgiven. When we come before God with a repentant heart, God will forgive us. Ask Paul!

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO EMBRACE THE TRUTH THAT CHRIST DIED FOR THE UNGODLY, BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAY THAT WHEN WE STILL YET WITHOUT STRENGHTH CHRIST DIE FOR THE UNGODLY, THE WORD OF GOD SAID IT, AND WE SHOULD REALLY EMBRACE THIS TRUTH,WHEN WE WERE POWERLESS , WEAK, CHRIST DIED FOR THE UNGODLY. IT IS ALSO IMPORTANT TO KNOW THAT CHRIST DIED FOR SINNERS AS WELL, HE DID NOT DIED FOR THE RIGHTEOUS OR THE VERY GOOD PEOPLE, WE ARE SINNERS AND THATS AS SIMPLE AS IT GET, WE WERE LOST, CHRIST DIED ON A CROSS FOR US HE WAS THAT SACRIFICIAL LAMB. CHRIST DIED FOR US WHEN WE WERE AT OUR WORST. WELL WE KNOW AS CHILDREN OF GOD THAT THE DEVIL IS A LIAR AND THE FATHER OF IT. THE WORD OF GOD SAID THAT HE WILL FORGIVE US OF OUR SINS AND WILL REMEMBER THEM NO MORE.

that while we were still sinners, Jesus gave his life for us, is a hard concept to swallow. but true. I think this is a truth that the devil wants us to doubt so that he can keep us in bondage. But Jesus said, "I came to give you life" ... he didn't say anything about "when we were good, or if we were good" ... all that is required is that we believe!